Zlib "invalid stored block lengths" error message

Hi All
Im a  newbie to Zlib and using it for data compression

Im using the option Z_SYNC_FLUSH for deflate and inflate method calls
but I see that the first inflate call succeeds but the second call fails
with an error message "invalid stored block lengths"

What does this error message mean...
Can any body help
Anand
0
anand_fds
10/29/2003 7:25:23 PM
comp.compression 4696 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

anand_fds@yahoo.com (Anand CS) wrote in message news:<7cccd2d3.0310291125.1c025363@posting.google.com>...
> Im using the option Z_SYNC_FLUSH for deflate and inflate method calls
> but I see that the first inflate call succeeds but the second call fails
> with an error message "invalid stored block lengths"
>
> What does this error message mean...

It means that you made a mistake somewhere.  Either you did not get
all of the data from deflate, or you did not transfer the data
properly to inflate, or you are using inflate incorrectly somehow.

mark
0
madler

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

"paper is jammed" "at the transport" error message-Canon Mp830 (false error)
I keep getting this error every time I print. It tells me there is paper stuck in the rear section of the printer.. I check, but nothing is there.. To print I close the front compartment then click ok after first opening and closing the drawer where the paper is in the front (using the front loader not the rear in fact). but after every page it says this. Has anyone run into this or found a fix? Thanks >From Canon Self Help site: E-mail this solution Print this solution Title Print E-mail How to remove jammed paper (sheet feeder) Case Id: 40766 Solutions ...

DB design: storing "this" or "that" (..or "the other")?
[I realise that this isn't necessarily a question specific to MySQL, but it's the database system that I'm using..] I'm about to create a table to extend a database to allow users to store (via a webform) a particular preference choice setting in the database. At present, the options available to users will be that they can choose: * this xor * that (ie, only 1 of 2 possible values). But I suppose that at some point in the future, we might decide to let users choose 1 from an increased range of choices (1 from n). I was wondering what best practice thinking was on h...

"out of memory" error message and "segment violation" or "segmentation fault (on linux)": the partially solution
Dear all, try these solution (origin support matlab): type the command line at the top of your .m file: feature accel off You can type the same at prompt matlab. If you are lucky, the message diseppaers. Type feature accel on for toggle (on is the default mode). Alain, who as very big experience with "out of memory and segmentation fault" ...

Why there is always a "10800"error" using the "digital buffer read" block?
My DAQ Card is PCI 6115. &nbsp;I'm trying to buffer read digital signals from my I/O everytime when the AO updates. I used the "DIO Config", "Param"(set the "AO Update" clock), "Buffer Control" (for DIO Start cannot use in PCI 6115), and "DIO Read" blocks&nbsp;in my program. However, there is always a "10800"error" from "digital buffer read" block when I run it. I know it's from the "DIO Read" block. I wonder if anyone can tell me how to solve this problem. &nbsp; Another thing is I tried d...

Hello Partners, Please find the requirement below. Please send the updated resume along with rate and contact no. REQ#1: Title : Java Developer ( Rating Project) Duration : 6 months Rate : open Location : NY strong java, WebLogic 9.2, Web Services, Oracle REQ#2: Title : Java Developer Duration : 4 months Rate : open Location : NY Strong java, SQL REQ#3: Title : VB.Net Consultant Location : NY Duration : 4 months Rate : open Primarily looking at someone who has Excel, VB.net and Oracle (good to have). Req #4: Title : Java Developer (MSA Project) Duration : 6+ months Rate : open Location : NY Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no karthik@bhaninfo.com : No phone calls please. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com ...

"Security message has an invalid length"
I am getting dozens of messages in my security.log like this: [unwrapped text] Mar 22 07:07:57 cerebus /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemUIServer.app/Contents/MacOS/SystemUIServer[484]: Security message had an invalid length Mar 22 07:07:57 cerebus /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/MacOS/iTunes[538]: Security message had an invalid length Mar 22 07:07:57 cerebus /usr/libexec/ApplicationFirewall/socketfilterfw[56]: Security message had an invalid length Mar 22 07:07:57 cerebus /Applications/Mail.app/Contents/MacOS/Mail[658]: Security message had an invalid length Mar 22 07:07:57 cerebus /Syst...

error message"invalid argument"
my daughter was sending pics of my grandaughters, i right clicked on them and saved them as a screensaver to look at daily(1st twin grandchildren) now i keep getting invalid argument error and can't do it anymore can someone tell me what to do please........ On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:49:26 -0700, jjelswick@yahoo.com wrote: >my daughter was sending pics of my grandaughters, i right clicked on >them and saved them as a screensaver to look at daily(1st twin >grandchildren) now i keep getting invalid argument error and can't do >it anymore can someone tell me what to do please....

"my" and "our"

why "::", not "."

"/a" is not "/a" ?

about "++" and "--"

"or" and "and"

"out" and "in out"

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

Changing case "message" to "MESSAGE"
Working my way through Koenig & Moo "Accelerated C++" and using Borlang Builder 5 (but that is probably not relevant) I reached exercise 1-1 and typed in #include <vcl.h> #pragma hdrstop #include <iostream> #include <string> int main(int argc, char*argv[]} { const std::string hello = "Hello" // This by itself compiled const std::string message = "Hello" // and other stuff which I have //left out here. system("PAUSE"); return 0; } But I left caps lock on, and by mistake typed MESSAGE, an...

Invalid use of "." "!"
In writing a sql statement I get the error "invalid use of "." "!"......... this is apparently coming because the where clause of the sql statemt refers to a combo box with sales persons names in it. All the names are listed first initial followed by a "." and last name. I am assuming the error i am getting is coming from the "." in the combo box. How do I get around the invalid use of the "." ? Thanks Never mind..... didnt have enough quotation marks. "Learning" <texson552000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:DQELg....

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

A problem about "[ ]" "( )" "="

Continuation of "Arrrgh! rsync "chroot failed" error message!"
I find myself in the same situation of the author of the thread entitled "Arrrgh! rsync "chroot failed" error message!" See http://tinyurl.com/o9kog or http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.networking/browse_frm/thread/6aa9b7a694b59b9b/9bb8512e8f6c233a?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1&hl=en#9bb8512e8f6c233a .. I am trying to use rsync to synchronize some files between two systems. I'm planning on doing this rather frequently, so it's my understanding that I should use the rsync daemon mode, and using ssh is basically a requirement as well. My most recent succe...

Web resources about - Zlib "invalid stored block lengths" error message - comp.compression