Highlight text in text box

I want to highlight any existing text, in a text box, when I click on
it, like when I Tab into the text box.  I can't find anything in the
help.

Any help is appreciated

ShyGuy
0
ShyGuy
8/22/2004 5:54:16 PM
comp.database.ms-access 1111 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

You can use selstart and sellength properties of a textbox in order to
select any existing text. In order to select the whole text of
textbox01, use,
me.textbox01.selstart=0
me.textbox01.sellength=len(nz(me.textbox01))

Regards,
Ramesh

ShyGuy <shyguy@shytown.com> wrote in message news:<44nhi0d9qnsvdru1lu5l0d3ncuvuqsi39p@4ax.com>...
> I want to highlight any existing text, in a text box, when I click on
> it, like when I Tab into the text box.  I can't find anything in the
> help.
>
> Any help is appreciated
>
> ShyGuy
0
bhandaritwo
8/23/2004 8:39:41 AM
I tried to send this twice and couldn't figure out why it wasn't
showing up.  The I checked and realized that it was going to your
email address.  Don't know why..  anyway...

Thank you very much.  That works great with my text box.  I tried it
with a combo box but it didn't work.  I tried adding SelText but it
still didn't work.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ShyGuy

On 23 Aug 2004 01:39:41 -0700, bhandaritwo@yahoo.com (Ramesh Kumar
Bhandari) wrote:

>You can use selstart and sellength properties of a textbox in order to
>select any existing text. In order to select the whole text of
>textbox01, use,
>me.textbox01.selstart=0
>me.textbox01.sellength=len(nz(me.textbox01))
>
>Regards,
>Ramesh
>
>ShyGuy <shyguy@shytown.com> wrote in message news:<44nhi0d9qnsvdru1lu5l0d3ncuvuqsi39p@4ax.com>...
>> I want to highlight any existing text, in a text box, when I click on
>> it, like when I Tab into the text box.  I can't find anything in the
>> help.
>>
>> Any help is appreciated
>>
>> ShyGuy

0
ShyGuy

Unbound text box, text>255, MS Access/PostgreSQL
Hello. I have the following problem with MS Access/PostgreSQL combination: There is a form in Access that has an unbound text box, used for entering a commentary of a batch of records. There is a DAO Append Query that has a parameter that is passed from the text box using parameter of DAO QueryDef object. I adjusted B7 parameter (Text as LongVarchar) in connection string (ODBC driver) to 1, so that Access links PostgreSQL Text fields as Memo fields in Access. The intention was to be able to enter unlimited length commentary into the field. But, although I can enter unlimited text by using...

Highlighting part of the text in a text box
Hi all, I've been struggling with this for days. How can I use javascript to high light a part of the text in a textbox or a textarea? OR if the user highlights a part of the text in a textbox or a textarea, how can I say which part of the text is highlighted? (ie: at what character the highlight starts and at what character the highlight ends). thanks in advance. Aria wrote: > if the user highlights a part of the text in a textbox or a textarea, > how can I say which part of the text is highlighted? (ie: at what > character the highlight starts and at what character the hig...

Highlight text and Text Box Control
C5.0b PE legacy Hello! I have one invoice application with the text area for variable customer announcement. It is now filled and printed using the standard Arial characters. Is there any easy and cheap method to highlight these messages? (Compare "Word text") TIA Riku Maki ...

Finding and Highlighting specific text in a long text box
Hello, My client has a long text field where she enters resume information. She does a find in this text box to find specific information, such as which potential employees have a certain skill set. After she performs the find, I would like the text box to display the occurances of the search word or term, in a color if possible or at least underlined so she can easily read it in context to see what the actual employee experience/qualifications are. Thank you for any assistance on this. Kathy McClure In article <ee6c150ida@enews3.newsguy.com>, Kathy McClure <gr8lady@cruz...

Access Report Footer displaying the sum of a text box values in the Detail in another text box in the page's footer
How can I (if I can) display the sum of a text box values in the Detail in another text box in the page's footer? For example, I have a text box called "txtPoints" in the detail which displays the total points for a current activity. As it cycles through all the activities it displays the various points for each activity. In the page's footer I want to display the total points. Here's what I have in the control source for the totals textbox: =Sum([txtPoints].[Text]) but that doesn't work. Any suggestions? On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:17:03 GMT, Richard Hollenbe...

text + text
What is "text + text" supposed to do right now? It doesn't seem very useful to me. What about making "text + text" as an equivalent for "text || text"? Most strongly-typed programming languages do this. And MS SQL Server too, I think (CMIIW). -- dave ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org Am Freitag, 8. Oktober 2004 12:57 schrieb David Garamond: > What is "text + text" supposed to do right now? Nothing. > What a...

text-text

text box dependent on other text box entry
I want to have a form with 40 PartNumber text boxes, 40 PartDescription text boxes, and 40 PartPrice text boxes. The name of each would vary of course, but I want to be able to enter the part number in the PartNumber in the PartNumber text box for each replaced part. After the number has been entered the PartDescription and the PartPrice should show up in the other respective text boxes. I will be linking to a table that includes 3 columns labeled PartNumber, PartDescription, and PartPrice. For instance, if I enter "12345" in the PartNumber text box then the description of the pa...

Adding Combo Box Text To A Text Box
I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any help is appreciated. This will do it: Private Sub ComboBox_AfterUpdate() If IsNull(Me.Textbox) Then Me.Textbox = ComboBox Else Me.Textbox = Me.Textbox & vbNewLine & ComboBox End If End Sub Wayne wrote: >I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value >from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to >do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: > >Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox > >I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in >the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using >Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. > >I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any >help is appreciated. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http:/...

Word XP: highlighting text, suddenly text below it turns into strange font boxes
Is this a Word XP behavior or a virus situation? The font boxes aren't a strange font language. It created the boxes on its own. First ... what application that you are using? It DOES make a difference. Second ... this sounds like a video driver issue, particularly if you are using Micro$loth Pub$lasher ... have you checked the video adopter manufacturer's web site and updated to the most current driver for Windows XP? "John" <john_y7@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a9e942a5.0307091449.7a8db89d@posting.google.com... > Is this a Word XP behavior or a virus situation? The font boxes aren't > a strange font language. It created the boxes on its own. Possibly a font substitution problem. I font is being requested which is not installed so another font is being used for the display. Alas, the substituted font does not have the glyphs being requested so you are getting the "sorry-no can do" box. Other problems can produce the result. A fairly frequent one is a corrupt or non-matching printer driver. RDS99 mentions that one. Give us a few more details and someone might be able to give better suggestions. In the meantime, check to be sure a good copy the font(s) being used is/are installed on the system. Try removing and reinstalling a fresh copy of the printer driver. "John" <john_y7@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a9e942a5.0307091449.7a8db89d@posting.google.com... > Is this a Word XP behavior or a virus...

Show Text box on Top of another Text Box
Hi, I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions are m= et it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on top of= it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box) an= d have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the condit= ional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text. How do I do that? Thanks, Barry On Apr 1, 11:18=A0am, Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wri...@witstoronto.ca> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain condi...

Fit text in a Text Box
Hello friends, I have a curious doubt, imagine I have a text box, and inside, a text that I dont know the lenght. Depending on the box's size and letter's size, I can fit the box. But the box's size is fixed, so I just can modify the size's letter. How can I be right with letter's size, if I dont know the lenght of string (text)? Is there any simple function for this case? Thanks in advance, greetings. Pedro Moreno On 10-08-31 04:25 PM, pedro moreno wrote: > I have a curious doubt, imagine I have a text box, and inside, a text > that I dont know the lenght. Depe...

Highlighy text in Text Box
Using an InputBox, there is the option to *suggest* text (Default). It appears highlighted and can be accepted or replaced by the user. I am attempting to create my own input form which has one Text Box, one command button (cmdAccept ) and a simple label to tell the user to make an entry. What I cannot do is to mimic that suggested default input string. Can someone show me how to do it? The following code is from a test program with two forms. '#### this is on FrmMain Private Sub Option1_Click() ' Other Event selected - 14 character maximum With FrmBGOther ...

Selecting text in a text box
When I attempt to select text in a text box, the text from the cursor position to the end of the text is instantly selected as soon as I click the mouse down. There seems to be no way to select just a small portion of the text in a text box. This seems pretty basic. What am I missing? I'm using Access 97 on an XP system. Steve Richfield First, (I don't remember if this is an option in 97) check Tools|Options|Keyboard tab, Behavior Entering Field. This setting will adjust the behavior for all forms and controls. Next, you would need to click at the start of the area you want to hi...

highlight text in text widget
Hi, I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword that you are interested in. I am trying to find out if that kind of highlighting be done in widget_text or some other widgets. Can anyone help? Thanks neon writes: > I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search > keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to > emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword &g...

Saving Rich Text Box Data to Access Database
I have need to save formatted rich text data to an access database, is such a thing possible. I have tried various data type, but nothing seems to work Thanks Derrick you should be able to do it with the data type 'memo' You would need to save the TextRFT of the RichTextBox to a Field in the database (Make the field a Memo datatype to allow for size), and when you want to retrieve it, do a query on that field and set the TextRFT of the RichTextBox to the value (which would be a String) of the field. Ivar ...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep wrote: > I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. We'd be happy to give you the VBA code, but do you really want ...

MS Access
I've got a bound report with a query as the record source. I'm adding a total to the footer and have inserted a text box to display it. I'm attempting to set the control source of the text box to a different sum aggregate query using the expression builder. When I select the query and it's single field, single row field it inserts the following in the control source box for the text box. =[Qrydetsum_offtotal]![Office_total] I've tested the query ( Qrydetsum_offtotal ) independently and it runs and returns a single value each time for the calculated field, Office_total. But when the report runs it simply displays #error. As an alternative I've tried to load the result of the query into a variable and then reference the variable in the control source of the text box, but when I do that, nothing seems to happen. I'm sort of new to VBA, so if anyone has suggestions about how to do this or a simpler way, I'd appreciate the input. Thanks, Bob Bob: If you are looking up a single value then the DLookup function will probably work. There is also a DSum function when you need to calculate a sum from a table or query different from the record source. Information on both of these can be found in Access Help. -- David Lloyd MCSD .NET http://LemingtonConsulting.com This response is supplied "as is" without any representations or warranties. "Bob" <rmcintire@network-spectrum.com> wrote in message news:111768...

MS-Access 2007. Report. Text box format problem
Hi, I am new to MS-Access. I have created a very simple report in MS-Access based on an imported Excel spreadsheet. The individual costs are held in field "Item Cost". Each instance of the field is displayed on the report and the field has NO Format property associated. On the report the field displays with a currency symbol and two decimal places - which is what I want. I guess the currency format of the field is being picked up from the original Excel spreadsheet. I have in the report footer the total of "Item Cost" which is calculated by =Sum([Item Cost]). ...

populate text box when user enters data in another text box
hi, I'm very new to Access and have been searching newsgroups for a few days but can't find exactly what I need. I want to be able to do the following: * user enters patient's hospital number * after pressing enter, a function fires that looks up the patient name & surname corresponding to the hospital number just entered (in the "patients" table) * if the hospital number exists in the patients table then name & surname are filled in in two read-only text boxes * if the hospital number does not exist in the patients table then user is prompted to enter details for...

Get the real type of columns from MS Access databases(OLEObject, text, memo, numeric)
Hello, I made one application that opens MS Access databases.And I have one problem.How can I find the real data type of columns(text, memo, OLEObject, numeric) like it is into Access.I tried with resultSetMetaData.getColumnType(columnIndex) but I receive java.sql.Types.I have two columns that contains OLEObjects(images).But I receive two different types for columns : VARCHAR once, and for second column SMALLINT.I only want to see the types like in Access(OLEObjects, Text, Numeric, Memo...).Thanks in advance! Best regards, Calin Pop ...

Changing text in input text box
There has to be some way you can change the words you have put into a <input type="text box because I have seen on-screen calculators that can put your result into one. But I can't find the exact way among all the entries in the lists of objects and other stuff. It seems to have something with declaring a different value for the value=" part of it, but I can't find the exact code. (I have about one week of experience with j-script) -Bill Butterfly Bill wrote: > There has to be some way you can change the words you have put into a > <input type="text box be...

Box of text with width of another text
Hi, how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of another? For example, is there a command like \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? Best regars, Paul Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \usepackage{calc} \makebox[\wi...

Web resources about - Highlight text in text box - comp.database.ms-access

Magic Tour Highlights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Magic Tour Highlights is an EP by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band , which consists of four live audio tracks and their accompanying videos, ...

Facebook Weekly Highlights Brings You Justice (As In Victoria), More Will Ferrell
Facebook Weekly Highlights features photos and videos posted to the social network by celebrities and athletes. This week’s edition featured ...

Billy Gordon's absence highlights hung parliament's fragility
Absence may make the heart grow fonder, but it also throws Queensland's hung parliament into disarray.

New Zealand v Australia cricket 2016: Live scores and coverage from second Test. Commentary, video highlights ...
DAY two of the second Test belonged to centurions Joe Burns and Steve Smith but their dismissals late on Sunday brought New Zealand back into ...

New Zealand v Australia cricket 2016: Live scores and coverage from second Test. Commentary, video highlights ...
BRENDON McCullum hit the fastest every Test hundred before finally being dismissed for 145 as the retiring batsman cut a swathe through Australia’s ...

White Night 2016 highlights
Didn't get out to see White Night this year? Here's what you missed out on.

'South Park' Lampoon of Native Advertising Highlights Important Issues
"South Park"'s most recent season taught us something important: Ads are here to stay, and what's more, they are the enemy of free-thinking consumers ...

Daytona 500 2016 Results: Winner, Standings, Highlights and Reaction - Bleacher Report
On a breathtaking final lap Sunday, Denny Hamlin finished mere inches ahead of Martin Truex Jr. to win the 2016 Daytona 500 at Daytona International ...

Highlights: Marco Rubio addresses his supporters
The most noteworthy moments from Marco Rubio's speech to his supporters following the South Carolina Primaries where he finished in a virtual ...

Rescue of Swedish girl held by ISIS highlights role of Iraqi Kurds
The rescue of a 16-year-old Swedish girl by Iraqi Kurds highlights the differences among Kurdish groups and their varying degrees of cooperation ...