list box in form? how do I get it to text box

Hi,

I made a query to a table and then based a lookup filed on that query.
Now when I refresh the table I do not get the relationship error - you
can't delete table cause relationship is present - instead the table
gets refreshed and the query holds the relationship with other tables.

Problem
As far as I know this works fine.If there is a better simpler way
please advise.

Also, the query is used as a list box in other tables now to look up a
list of names sorted ascending. When I use this query lookup in  form
the form displays this as a list box - I'd prefer it was not and just a
single text box - how is this done?

Thanks in advance

0
buck
3/19/2005 1:08:59 PM
comp.database.ms-access 1111 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Displaying text in a text box depending on selection made in list box on same form
Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the same form to display the description of that product. right now I can get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. here is the code: Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() txtProductDescription.SetFocus txtProductDescription.Text = LstContactProducts.Column(2,txtProductDescription) End Sub Thanks...

Text Box to List Box
Every month I get a huge list of product codes I need to track. I have written a very detailed script to perform this task. The problem is, I copied someone else's form because I was in a rush. I have yet to sit down to tweak this, but I'm hoping I can use a bandaid rather than re-write the process. The form I use allows you to enter (or cut-and-paste) one product code at a time into a combo box. You press a button and the contents empty into a list box. You can do this however many times you need to, with the list box adding a new record each time. My script reads the listbox an...

How To Read Records From a Table to Populate in a List Box on a MS Access Form
Hey Friends I need to read records from a table and populate a list box with the same. Can Someone Plz Help me. "Vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:89a2f412.0312040531.36952b74@posting.google.com... > Hey Friends > I need to read records from a table and populate a list box with the same. > Can Someone Plz Help me. Make the RowSource of the ListBox a SQL statement that retrieves what you want in the list. "SELECT SomeField, SomeOtherField FROM SomeTable WHERE SomeCriteria" -- I don't check the Email account attached to this mes...

Conversion of text box as list box
I shud giv som character/char's in the textbox 1.depend upon the key press it wil go n cal som jsp 2 get the data(result set hav more than one line data)----from database here i hav one doubt tht shal v cal jsp in key event functions....i'm not getting....it......if anybody hav it plz fwd it.k. 2.After generate this jsp we wil get the data that i shud put into dropdown list.For tht how shud i convert textbox as dropdown list after generate the jsp...here i'm getting mainly 2 probs a) how shud i convert textbox as dropdown b) on the sam page n in the sam place i shud put...

Working with list box and text boxes
I am a novice to visual c++. I created a text box, a list box and a button. What am trying to do is to make the information I typed in the text box appear in the list box when I click on the button. I try to do it like you would in visual basic 6, but it is not working. Any help will be greatly appreciated. By the way, am running a dialog application. Victor Kareem > I am a novice to visual c++. I think you will find MSDN, or a Microsoft group, more helpful (wrt Windows Gui's) than a C++ group. ...

Auto-Fill text box from list box
To All: There is a list box populated with text (ie.names of places). A user makes a selection by scrolling through and double-clicking in the list box. This selection is then shown in a text box. How can I eliminate the user's need to scroll through the list box and double-clicking the selections? Is there a way of automatically filling the text box with matches from the list box as the user is typing in the text box? There seems to be no direct autofill property based on user input at runtime. All help appreciated. Z "Zuzka" <zuzkamiernik@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Unbound text box, text>255, MS Access/PostgreSQL
Hello. I have the following problem with MS Access/PostgreSQL combination: There is a form in Access that has an unbound text box, used for entering a commentary of a batch of records. There is a DAO Append Query that has a parameter that is passed from the text box using parameter of DAO QueryDef object. I adjusted B7 parameter (Text as LongVarchar) in connection string (ODBC driver) to 1, so that Access links PostgreSQL Text fields as Memo fields in Access. The intention was to be able to enter unlimited length commentary into the field. But, although I can enter unlimited text by using...

Filter List Box using Combo Box on a form
I've read some posts similar to this, but the SQL does not seem to have the desired effect in my form. I'm trying to filter a list box (lstOfficeClass) using a combo box (cbxProfitCenter). The list box rowsource is a table (OfficeClasses) that contains all the text fields "OfficeClass". The table also has corresponding text fields "ProfitCenter". I've entered the following into the AfterUpdate event for the combo box: strsql = "SELECT OfficeClasses.OfficeClass FROM OfficeClasses ORDER BY OfficeClasses.OfficeClass WHERE OfficeClasses.ProfitCenter = &quo...

Input text boxes, check boxes, and radio boxes

Multi Select List Box options to text boxes
I was wondering if anyone had a code example for sending the multi-selected choices in a list box to a test box Private Sub Command2_Click() Dim strTemp As String, varItem As Variant For Each varItem In Me.List0.ItemsSelected strTemp = strTemp & ";" & Me.List0.ItemData(varItem) Next strTemp = Right(strTemp, Len(strTemp) - 1) Debug.Print strTemp End Sub This will loop through the selected items in listbox List0, add their values to the variable strTemp divided by semicolons then removes the leading semicolon and prints the results to the debug window. -- Wayne Morgan M...

Access Report Footer displaying the sum of a text box values in the Detail in another text box in the page's footer
How can I (if I can) display the sum of a text box values in the Detail in another text box in the page's footer? For example, I have a text box called "txtPoints" in the detail which displays the total points for a current activity. As it cycles through all the activities it displays the various points for each activity. In the page's footer I want to display the total points. Here's what I have in the control source for the totals textbox: =Sum([txtPoints].[Text]) but that doesn't work. Any suggestions? On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:17:03 GMT, Richard Hollenbe...

text box dependent on other text box entry
I want to have a form with 40 PartNumber text boxes, 40 PartDescription text boxes, and 40 PartPrice text boxes. The name of each would vary of course, but I want to be able to enter the part number in the PartNumber in the PartNumber text box for each replaced part. After the number has been entered the PartDescription and the PartPrice should show up in the other respective text boxes. I will be linking to a table that includes 3 columns labeled PartNumber, PartDescription, and PartPrice. For instance, if I enter "12345" in the PartNumber text box then the description of the pa...

Adding Combo Box Text To A Text Box
I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any help is appreciated. This will do it: Private Sub ComboBox_AfterUpdate() If IsNull(Me.Textbox) Then Me.Textbox = ComboBox Else Me.Textbox = Me.Textbox & vbNewLine & ComboBox End If End Sub Wayne wrote: >I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value >from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to >do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: > >Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox > >I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in >the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using >Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. > >I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any >help is appreciated. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http:/...

MS-Access Combo Box To List
Hi Group, I was trying to link a combo box with a list control and having some trouble with that. Could anyone please help me with that. Here's the example of the scenario. Combo Box ;- Country_Names (Pulls values from the country table(Just the country_name value)) (Each country will have a table by itself, For Example USA will be a table and it will have fields like "Area", Population", "States", "Major Cities", "Males", "Females"...etc." the fields vary from country to country. USA will have 20 Fields where as Japan will hav...

Problem with Ms Access List Box
When i add a string to Ms Access List box which contains coma "," in it the string is separated and added as separate rows -- sree Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

Show Text box on Top of another Text Box
Hi, I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions are m= et it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on top of= it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box) an= d have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the condit= ional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text. How do I do that? Thanks, Barry On Apr 1, 11:18=A0am, Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wri...@witstoronto.ca> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain condi...

Combo Box and text box
I have a combo box and a text box. Text to be display will be contigent upon what is selected via the combo box. How do I do this? I put the following code in the text box object: var a = get thisField("combobox") If (a==1) { event.value = "Test1" } if (a==2) { event.value = "Test2" } What I am doing wrong? "Mike" <hhey2@lycos.com> writes: > I have a combo box and a text box. Browsers don't have combo boxes. Is it a select element and an input element? Or is it not a browser you are talking about? > Text to be display will...

combo box with Text box
I have a combo box and a text box. Text to be display will be contigent upon what is selected via the combo box. How do I do this for Acrobat 4.0? I put the following code in the text box object: var a = get thisField("combobox") If (a==1) { event.value = "Test1" } if (a==2) { event.value = "Test2" } What I am doing wrong? ...

Combo Box to List Box
I have a combo box that gets it's values from a table. For example: ID Name 1 Book 2 Magazine 3 Novel I have a list box that displays a list of records. When the user adds the record a want the list box to be updated with the values from my fields including the combo box. The problem is, the value of the combo box (depending on the selection) is 1, 2, or 3 and that is what is displayed in the list box. I know it is an easy problem, but how do I get the list box to display 'Book' instead of 1. The default property .Value of the ComboBox is .Column(0) To refer to an...

Access 2003 post SP3 hotfix
"Combo box controls and list box controls display no value or incorrect values in Access 2003 after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3." And a few more problems SP3 introduced. Description of the Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: December 18, 2007 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674 Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm Tony's Microsoft Access Blog...

How do I index individual text boxes in Access Continuous Form?
Im trying to get the name of a bound control on a continuous form in Access. So that I can get the value of any text field. This is what Im looking to do.... The user enters a value for number of entries for a specific month in column1, column2 is the value for number of entries used Year to Date. So I am looking to calculate column2 with the value of the current column1 plus the value of the previous records column2. Confused yet? Example... Col1 Col2 ------------------------------------ 5 5 2 7 3 10 5 15 so u...

Saving Rich Text Box Data to Access Database
I have need to save formatted rich text data to an access database, is such a thing possible. I have tried various data type, but nothing seems to work Thanks Derrick you should be able to do it with the data type 'memo' You would need to save the TextRFT of the RichTextBox to a Field in the database (Make the field a Memo datatype to allow for size), and when you want to retrieve it, do a query on that field and set the TextRFT of the RichTextBox to the value (which would be a String) of the field. Ivar ...

How to get text in text box to wrap?
The variable {job-name} in this code snippet does NOT wrap, resulting in the text running off the page. How would I get job-name to word wrap? pageWidth 36 mul % x = pageWidth * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 36 mul % y = pageHeight * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 2 mul add % y += 1 line 2 copy % Copy X & Y moveto (Title: ) RIGHT moveto ({job-name}) show This postscript file is from the CUPS printing application on a Linux system. Here is the complete file: FILE: /usr/share/cups/banners/standard %!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%BoundingBox: 0 0 612 792 %%Pages: 1 %%LanguageLevel: 1 %%DocumentData: Clean7Bit %%Docu...

Web resources about - list box in form? how do I get it to text box - comp.database.ms-access

Form - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Form is the shape , visual appearance , constitution or configuration of an object. In a wider sense, the form is the way something is or happens, ...

Yahoo Forms Committee to Explore Sale
... forward with its plans to sell off core businesses . According to The Wall Street Journal, the company has hired banking advisers and formed ...

Microsoft forms IoT-focused Open Connectivity Foundation with Intel, Samsung, and others
... the world", says Terry Myerson, Executive Vice President, Windows and Devices Group. Myerson further says, "we have helped lead the formation ...

"We live as if school doesn’t exist. People are really brainwashed into seeing things in school form..." ...
"... with life breaking down into subjects. This life is about freedom and not having limits. It’s about really trusting your kids. And it’s ...

Google's DeepMind Forms Health Unit to Build Medical Software
Google’s DeepMind Technologies Ltd., an artificial intelligence company owned by the Web-search provider, is pushing into medical technology ...

Hundred Waters announce third-annual FORM Arcosanti fest w/ Tortoise, Thundercat, Four Tet, Perfume Genius ...
'Tis the season for festival news, as more lineups continue to come in seemingly every day. Today it's Hundred Waters' annual FORM Arcosanti, ...

Scientists made a robot art critic that is able to form its own opinions
A robot art critic — complete with a bowler hat and scarf — is strolling the galleries of the Musée du quai Branly in Paris and forming his own ...

Microsoft, Samsung and Intel form smart home alliance
The connected home has a huge problem. Very little few of the devices actually talk to one another. Thanks to competing communication protocols ...

Facebook's Dislike Button Is Here, In The Form Of An "Angry" Emoji
As reported last month, Facebook has rolled out its new Reactions feature, complete with six emojis. Today, Facebook is finally introducing ...