2X[k \p\)Q\]wCIm @4n&
0
Morales
7/16/2008 9:27:15 PM
comp.database.oracle 721 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

is OCI API for accessing Oracle database, and Oracle RAC (database cluster) same or different?
Hi, My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my application? Thanks in advance, Ramakrishna. On 14 Jun 2006 23:41:29 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. >Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of >configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or >different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking >the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my >application? > >Thanks in advance, >Ramakrishna. It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Sybrand Bakker wrote: > > It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different. > > -- > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi Sybrand, Thanks for giving reply on this. Can you please elaborate your response. Is Instance parameters mean Global Database Name, user name and password? Thanks, Ramakrishna. On 15 Jun 2006 01:37:28 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: > >Sybrand Bakker wrote...

US-VA: McLean-Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - RAC
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - RAC - Oracle Job Location: VA: McLean Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2010-11-19 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Phone: ...

US-DC: Washington-Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - Oracle 11g... Job Location: DC: Washington Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2010-11-19 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Pho...

Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle
Hi, I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , insert ...), so you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there is a infdump direcorty) - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a databas...

How to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle database?
Well,actually i need to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle database,but i don't know hot to do that, somebody can help me? Probably you are thinking that this doesn't makes sense, but I need to pass some info(each 3 months) from a Oracle database(a very large database) to a MySQL database (a lot smaller database). Thank you in advance. abelito_morelos@terra.com (The Magus) wrote in message news:<867afc1b.0401121252.7a7dfa67@posting.google.com>... > Well,actually i need to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle > database,but i don't know hot to d...

Database Toolbox
I need to connect a MATLAB application I am writing to an Oracle database (both 10 and 11) to acquire data from the tables stored there. While I am experienced in MATLAB, I have no prior experience with working with databases, however, I have read a few of the other posts on the MATLAB newsgroup regarding subject. I would like confirm how to connect to an Oracle database. I know that the connection command for the database toolbox is: conn = database('<Database Instance>','<username>,'<password>','oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver','jdbc:or...

Add database to existing oracle database
Hi experts, I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this database from my machine to main server. I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. I'll really appreciate your kind help. Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! Tha...

Establishing connection from Oracle Database to DB2 database
Hi, Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on the same. Waiting for reply. Its critical umeshchoudhary@gmail.com (U C) wrote in news:d06590c8.0504252348.71a5c6f8@posting.google.com: > Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database > oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on > the same. > > Waiting for reply. Its critical > use PERL between the two DBs. >Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database...

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle
Hi Sven. Try the following command. dbexport <your database>. Then creating current directry <your database.dbs> ..unl is ASCII file ..sql is create table script. Regards. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan. ICQ#:168106592 >From: s.anders@digitec.de (Sven Anders) >Reply-To: s.anders@digitec.de (Sven Anders) >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle >Date: 15 Oct 2003 23:35:11 -0700 > >Hi, >I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, >but its my job to tra...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message news:cd38c3d6.0408100617.6f7b9f3e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. > > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, what is the correct syntax ? > > > Thanks for your help > &...

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle #3
Hi Mark. >>Then creating current directry <your database.dbs> > >I think you mean it creates a directory called <your database>.exp. Yes, thanks. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan. ICQ#:168106592 _________________________________________________________________ Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail sending to informix-list ...

Free Ebook Oracle Database & Oracle 9i
Free Ebook Oracle Database Free Oracle 9i Complete Reference Book http://www.downloadfreepdf.com On Mar 24, 6:53 am, "steveo" <selectcm...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Free Ebook Oracle Database > > Free Oracle 9i Complete Reference Book > > http://www.downloadfreepdf.com It's all free over at http://tahiti.oracle.com also ...

Can you import an Oracle 10G database into a 9I database
Good afternoon, I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks, Chris Boerman cboerman@comcast.net schreef: > Good afternoon, > > I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into > an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? > > Thanks, > Chris Boerman > Of course. It's called downgrading. Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: 1) skillful 2) lucky You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. Ever read the "New Features si...

Using Oracle 8 binaries with an Oracle 9 database
Are there any known issues using Oracle 8 binaries with an Oracle 9 database? don't, bad idea. Jim "steveH" <sjharri@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:324e5dec.0311031243.6b07a00d@posting.google.com... > Are there any known issues using Oracle 8 binaries with an Oracle 9 database? ...

Web resources about - 443 Magellan GPS 44358 - comp.database.oracle

Magellan (spacecraft) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Magellan spacecraft, also referred to as the Venus Radar Mapper , was a 1,035-kilogram (2,280 lb) robotic space probe launched by NASA on ...

Magellan RoadMate On-The-Go North America on the App Store on iTunes
Get Magellan RoadMate On-The-Go North America on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Future Fund, Magellan reach for cash as bull run slows
Some of the most influential figures in Australian financial markets agree the outlook for equities is worrying.

Magellan gets go-ahead to move lead again
Magellan gets go-ahead to move lead again

Magellan SmartGPS - AppAdvice - YouTube
Magellan has had considerable success in offering various portable GPS solutions. But the California-based navigation company has taken the road ...

Magellan's Hamish Douglass predicts 'quantitative tightening' next global wave
Quantitative Tightening is essentially the reversal of Quantitative Easing in which money will drain from the various assets and regions it has ...

Magellan SmartGPS: On the Right Track but Not Quite There Yet
... route to take. Now, technology has made on-the-go guidance easy to get and use. I tried a smarter navigation option this week with the Magellan ...

CES 2013: Personal Navigation Takes An Interesting Turn With Magellan SmartGPS
Magellan has taken the road to this years CES to announce how it plans to take its success to the next level with SmartGPS.

Hands-on: Magellan Echo smart sports watch
Navigation and GPS firm Magellan showed off its iPhone-connected Echo smart watch at CES, a multi-use tool built to display real-time data from ...

Magellan’s Terrifying Voyage Around The World
... contemporary business or psychology books. Which is why I read Laurence Bergreen’s Over the Edge of the World , a biography of Ferdinand Magellan, ...