Adding users

pls how do i add users to the database using just sql

0
oyesiji (20)
2/20/2006 2:50:35 AM
comp.database.oracle 721 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Jubril wrote:

> pls how do i add users to the database using just sql

try reading the manuals - and a google search will certainly show you LOTS of
examples.

user creating a new user must have CREATE USER priv - if you don't, ask your DBA
for assistance.

CREATE USER username
     IDENTIFIED {BY somepassword | EXTERNALLY}
     [DEFAULT TABLESPACE sometablespace]
     [TEMPORARY TABLESPACE sometemptablespace]
     [QUOTA {integer [K|M] | UNLIMITED} ON sometablespace] ...
     [PROFILE someprofile]

--
Michael Austin.
DBA Consultant

oracle database -- multiple users vs single user
Hi Oracle/JDBC guru, What is the difference for java/database project by using multiple users vs. single user? Our applications using oracle 9i database and the DBA created multiple users to manage different sets of tables. But all users have to grant insert, update, delete privileges to each other. There is an overhead on DBA task obviously. Does the multiple users mechanism has any benefits on JDBC part of the application? For example, a better connections? (There is a connection pool) yu2791 wrote: > Hi Oracle/JDBC guru, > > What is the difference for java/...

oracle database jdbc issue-- multiple users vs single user
Hi Oracle/JDBC guru, What is the difference for java/database project by using multiple users vs. single user? Our applications using oracle 9i database and the DBA created multiple users to manage different sets of tables. But all users have to grant insert, update, delete privileges to each other. There is an overhead on DBA task obviously. My question is does the multiple users mechanism has any benefits on JDBC part of the application? such as better connections? (There is a connection pool) or something else? ...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Adding users to secured database
Hello all, Is there a way to add users to a secured database without having to go into Security -> User and Group Accounts? I have a table for all employees on a secure database, and want to be able to just add new employees once (ie into the emplyee table not the security section), and having it added to the user accounts. Thanks in advance, Therese You can perform security functions programattically from an user account with the required permissions. There's good coverage in the Access <version> Developer's Handbook by Litwin, Getz, et al, published by Sybex. There's...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Adding Second Database in oracle 10g
Hi there, I am trying to add second database in oracle 10g on windows 2003 server but when ever i am trying to issue Create Database MYDBName .... it gives an error. database name do not match orcl. Please help me to create database using create database statement not using DBCA Rajesh On 18 Mar 2006 00:27:37 -0800, "Raka" <rajesh.kanchan@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi there, > >I am trying to add second database in oracle 10g on windows 2003 server >but when ever i am trying to issue Create Database MYDBName .... it >gives an error. database name do not match orcl....

Added users to a logged shipped database
I have 2 sql server 2000 database that participate in log shipping. Server A is the source database, which log ships to a database on Server B. The database on Server B is in a warm stand by/read only mode. Is there a way that I can add users to the database on Server B, without having to add the users to the database in server A? I am trying to use the database on Server B as a reporting only database and add more users to have permissions to run reports. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions. Thank you. "Justin" <justinmiyashiro@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

Error adding permissions and database users
Hi all, Pervasive 8.7 on Netware. I've configured a Named Database. I've then enabled database security by setting a master password for that database. >From PCC i can see all the tables, and open the tables and see the data. When I try and add a new database user, I get the following error: [Pervasive][ODBC Client Interface][LNA][Pervasive][ODBC Engine Interface][Data Record Manager]No such table or object. However, the user is actually created. But, when i go back into the user to then give the user some permissions to the tables, I get exactly the same error again when i try...

about find unused users in oracle database
HI, I'm wondering is there any simple way to find unused oracle users for a period of time ? ( which has not logged into the oracle database for some period time ). I found we could enable audit connect or create logon/logoff trigger to find those info. But is there any simple way ( like record login info in oracle database somewhere ) Thanks very much for any suggestion on it. esthershensh@yahoo.com wrote: > HI, > > I'm wondering is there any simple way to find unused oracle users for > a period of time ? ( which has not logged into the oracle database for > some...

is OCI API for accessing Oracle database, and Oracle RAC (database cluster) same or different?
Hi, My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my application? Thanks in advance, Ramakrishna. On 14 Jun 2006 23:41:29 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. >Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failove...

Training Database
Hi there everyone, I have been asked to create a training database for my department and I am struggling somewhat. I have created the structure and I am happy it is all logical. The problem I am having is multiple updates. For example I would like to create a new course and select people to be put on the course using tick boxes followed by pressing a submit button. I would also like to restrict the user to adding only enough users to fill the course (according to a record "no of places") and no more. If you have any suggestions on how to do this or can point me to a web-pag...

On 9i and 10g, When an Oracle User Last Accessed the Database?
Hi, On Oracle 10g and 9i, is there a way to find out when a given user last accessed the database? Thanks, QZ On Aug 28, 12:10=A0pm, "if_inves...@yahoo.com" <basis_consult...@hotmail.com> wrote: snip > Hi, > > On Oracle 10g and 9i, is there a way to find out when a given user > last accessed the > database? > > Thanks, > QZ It depends on what level of auditing is in effect ( or not ) and/or special triggers have been created ( or not ). Consult with the relevant oracle DBA's for your organization if you are a SAP basis consultant. if...

Oracle 9i: Adding Databases in the Enterprise Manager Standalone Console
Hi, I have the following problem with the Oracle 9i Enterprise Manager Standalone Console: In our institute, we have locally installed the Oracle 9i Clients on Windows Hosts, where every file in the installation folder, which is C:\oracle, is readable and executable by any user in the network domain to ensure that any user can start the client software. Additionally, the file tnsnames.ora in the folder C:\oracle\ora92\network\admin is writable by any user so that anybody can add his/her net service names to connect to a database. The problem is: Everytime the Enterprise Manager ...

US-DC: Washington-Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - Oracle 11g... Job Location: DC: Washington Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2010-11-19 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Pho...

Web resources about - Adding users - comp.database.oracle

File:Old adding machine.JPG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License , Version 1.2 or ...

Ultraviolet Continues To Press Case For Adding Women To Facebook’s Board
Women’s group Ultraviolet continued to press its case for Facebook to add women to its board of directors , releasing a new video stating its ...

Adding Tor support on Android
Since then, a sizeable community of people has grown to use this feature and help us make it more efficient and reliable. We commonly receive ...

Adding Social Context to your content
Using the Facebook Social Context API. The Social Context API lets you discover social connections about objects, people and places.

WordPress Challenges the Facebook Comments Box by Adding Facebook, Twitter Logins to its Comments Widget ...
WordPress just announced that it has added WordPress.com, Twitter and Facebook login options to its own comments widget. Users can also be logged ...

CSS3 : What is the best method for adding 2x images to webpages that will be displayed on the new iPad ...
Answer (1 of 14): WebKit deals in logical pixels and a device pixel ratio to render stuff. It knows nothing about the physical pixels of the ...

Math Dots(Dinosaur):: Connect To The Dot Puzzle / Kids Flashcard Drills for Adding & Subtracting on the ...
Get Math Dots(Dinosaur):: Connect To The Dot Puzzle / Kids Flashcard Drills for Adding & Subtracting on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Adding weight - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Army Spc. David Helton, Company A, 2nd Battalion, 87th Infantry Regiment, puts more weight on the barbell at Combat Outpost Apache in Wardak ...

Senator Obama calls Bush "unpatriotic" for adding trillions to debt www.RightFace.us - YouTube
http://www.RightFace.us In a purely ironic twist then Senator Obama calls President Bush "unpatriotic" for adding trillions to debt. bush added ...

Apple enhancing GarageBand for iPad Pro, adding 3D Touch for iPhone 6s & 6s Plus, much more
... features are also being included for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus users. Separately, Apple is releasing a new music app called Music Memos , and adding ...