Database Links for replication between databases

Hello,
Until now we do not want to use Database Links for security reasons.
But an application needs to access informations that are on two
separate DB.
As we can not use an asynchrone mecanism (night job of export/import
for example) the application provider would like to use Database
Links.
When a change occurs on the remote DB, a trigger then retrieve new
informations into a dedicated table on the local DB.
Question : is it an other way to do that ?

Regards.
0
kona_iron
1/15/2004 9:15:32 AM
comp.database.oracle 721 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Open a database from a database
I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim I don't know the answer, but I do know that when you use OpenDatabase the code in a startup form of that database does work. Martin "Jim Devenish" schreef in bericht news:0b4510ac-d415-4c2c-b200-7546aae178a4@gu8...

Link from one database to tables of other database
Hi, I am trying to Link one MS Access database to the tables of a second MS Access database using Tools-->Database Utilities-->Linked Table Manager. I receive the error "Method 'List' of Object 'IFieldListWnd' failed" I have been successful in doing this before, but do not understand why I can't seem to do this, this time? Thanks for your ideas! Zufie On Mar 24, 9:43=A0am, zufie <john.marru...@illinois.gov> wrote: > Hi, > I am trying to Link one MS Access database to the tables of a second > MS Access database using Tools-->Database U...

Add database to existing oracle database
Hi experts, I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this database from my machine to main server. I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. I'll really appreciate your kind help. Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! Tha...

How to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle database?
Well,actually i need to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle database,but i don't know hot to do that, somebody can help me? Probably you are thinking that this doesn't makes sense, but I need to pass some info(each 3 months) from a Oracle database(a very large database) to a MySQL database (a lot smaller database). Thank you in advance. abelito_morelos@terra.com (The Magus) wrote in message news:<867afc1b.0401121252.7a7dfa67@posting.google.com>... > Well,actually i need to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle > database,but i don't know hot to d...

Database Link to check Standby Database
I want to to create a Database Link from the production database to its Standby database. Purpose: Checking " V$LOG_HISTORY " on the Production and Standby server to idenity if all available production redo log files have been applied on the Standby datase. Questions: 1. Is it sensible to create and drop the Database Link connection everytime I run the script? 2. What will be consequences for the Standby server by creating a DB link by the Production server? In other words: During applying the redo log files from the production to the standby database will the Standby database al...

Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle
Hi, I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , insert ...), so you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there is a infdump direcorty) - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a databas...

Database Toolbox
I need to connect a MATLAB application I am writing to an Oracle database (both 10 and 11) to acquire data from the tables stored there. While I am experienced in MATLAB, I have no prior experience with working with databases, however, I have read a few of the other posts on the MATLAB newsgroup regarding subject. I would like confirm how to connect to an Oracle database. I know that the connection command for the database toolbox is: conn = database('<Database Instance>','<username>,'<password>','oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver','jdbc:or...

is OCI API for accessing Oracle database, and Oracle RAC (database cluster) same or different?
Hi, My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my application? Thanks in advance, Ramakrishna. On 14 Jun 2006 23:41:29 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. >Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of >configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or >different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking >the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my >application? > >Thanks in advance, >Ramakrishna. It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Sybrand Bakker wrote: > > It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different. > > -- > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi Sybrand, Thanks for giving reply on this. Can you please elaborate your response. Is Instance parameters mean Global Database Name, user name and password? Thanks, Ramakrishna. On 15 Jun 2006 01:37:28 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: > >Sybrand Bakker wrote...

Establishing connection from Oracle Database to DB2 database
Hi, Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on the same. Waiting for reply. Its critical umeshchoudhary@gmail.com (U C) wrote in news:d06590c8.0504252348.71a5c6f8@posting.google.com: > Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database > oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on > the same. > > Waiting for reply. Its critical > use PERL between the two DBs. >Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database...

Unable to restore a database image into a replicated database.
Hello. Can somebody help me out here? I have a web server sitting on a DMZ that has DB2 UDB version 8 installed running on it. I would like this server to be completely independent of our internal network. If possible, I would like to be able to each morning FTP a copy of the backup image from our production database, which is created from the previous night's db2 backup, to the web server. I am hoping that I can then simply perform a restore from that image into the database on the DMZ. This will allow us to make daily updates to our database on the web server. When I try...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message news:cd38c3d6.0408100617.6f7b9f3e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. > > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, what is the correct syntax ? > > > Thanks for your help > &...

how to find total open database links in a database?
and open_links and open_links_per_instance seems doesn't work for my instance. The value is 4, but I can have open links more than 4, for each session or a instance. niy38@hotmail.com wrote: > and open_links and open_links_per_instance seems doesn't work > for my instance. The value is 4, but I can have open links more > than 4, for each session or a instance. No version number. No SQL so we can see what you are looking at. -- Daniel A. Morgan http://www.psoug.org damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) sorry, it's 8i. niy38@hotmail.com wrote: >...

Web resources about - Database Links for replication between databases - comp.database.oracle

Replication (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... in space , i.e. executed on separate devices, or it could be replicated in time , if it is executed repeatedly on a single device. Replication ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

PolSci Replication (@PolSciReplicate) on Twitter

Encryption in demand for backup and replication: Veeam
When it comes to backup and replication, Veeam has found encryption is one of the most requested feature by businesses.

John Sands Australia cuts data replication time from 14 hours to three
Corporate data replication was taking up to 14 hours to complete at greeting card company John Sands Australia until data acceleration software ...

EMC gives VMware admins the reins to replication and recovery
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID - SocialTimes
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

rsync.net: ZFS Replication to the cloud is finally here—and it’s fast
As friendly of an online advertisement as you'll find. In mid-August, the first commercially available ZFS cloud replication target became available ...

Violin to bring deduplication, replication, other tools to all-flash storage arrays
Violin Memory plans to add deduplication, thin provisioning, snapshots and other features in a software update for its all-flash storage arrays, ...