Delete after update trigger

Hi

I am trying to create a trigger on table A. This trigger is fired when table
A is updated. At the same time I need to delete the relative record in
another Table B which has no direct link to A but has link through table C.

Thanks
Jsutha

0
kk
12/16/2005 10:00:17 PM
comp.database.oracle 721 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

What's the question?

"kk" <mosi_98@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am trying to create a trigger on table A. This trigger is fired when
table
> A is updated. At the same time I need to delete the relative record in
> another Table B which has no direct link to A but has link through table
C.

> Thanks
> Jsutha

0
GWood

Oracle Delete Trigger
I want to create a trigger to limit the delete to 1 row per delete. This is prevent users from accidentally removing more records than they want. The schema uses cascase deletes. I tried some thing like this. Any help is appreciated AP_ARCHIVE_VIEW_ALL is a view into the table. DECLARE PRAGMA AUTONOMOUS_TRANSACTION; cnt PLS_INTEGER; multiRow EXCEPTION; BEGIN cnt := 0; SELECT COUNT (*) INTO cnt FROM AP_ARCHIVE_VIEW_ALL; IF cnt > 1 THEN RAISE multiRow; END IF; EXCEPTION WHEN multiRow THEN RAISE_APPLICA...

Trigger After Delete
hello, I googled around some time but I found no solution for this issue (SS2000). I have a table tblB which has to be filled whenever in table tblA records are inserted, updated or deleted. So I created one trigger which works fine for inserts and updates and fills my tblB. tblB is filled with other fields which I get from a view vwC. This view vwC is based on a key field used in tblA. The issue is about this view. When in tblA a record is deleted, the corresponding record in vwC does not exist and I can't fill tblB. I tried around with INSTEAD OF -Trigger and got error message because ...

Trigger After Delete
hello, I googled around some time but I found no solution for this issue (SS2000). I have a table tblB which has to be filled whenever in another table tblA records are inserted, updated or deleted. So I created one trigger which works fine for inserts and updates and fills my tblB. tblB is filled with other fields which I get from a view vwC. The issue is about this view. When in tblA a record is deleted, the corresponding record in vwC does not exist and I can't fill tblB. I tried around with INSTEAD OF -Trigger and got error message because tblA has RI cascades so this is not possible...

how to determine Delete-state in a trigger "BEFORE DELETE OR UPDATE"
Hi, I've written 2 trigger "BEFORE DELETE" and "BEFORE UPDATE" to save the old record in an other table. I want to combine them in one, because they are very similiar. But there are little differences. The insert statement sets a value WHAT_DONE to "D" in the DELETE-Trigger and to "U" for the UPDATE-Trigger. I would like to have an IF-statement like this IF trigger_operation = tropDelete THEN .... END IF; Is there any solution? Thanks and best regards Dietmar "Dietmar Brueckmann" <Dietmar.Brueckmann@l...

update database oracle 8.1.7 to oracle 9?
Hi How I can change my database for Oracle 8.1.7. to Oracle 9. Please help me. Thanks Slawek slawek wrote: > Hi > > How I can change my database for Oracle 8.1.7. to Oracle 9. > Please help me. Thanks > > > Slawek When you purchase the new version of Oracle it comes with an installation and migration manual. The details are in the manual. Basically install new version to new home Shutdown old database Restart using new ORACLE_HOME Run upgrade scripts There is a migration utility that pretty much automates this but we always perform the ta...

update oracle database when ever changes are made in access database
Hi all, well i have migrated the database from access to oracle and changes would be done in access only so i want to make same changes in the oracle database say after 10 mins. or so everytime i.e a continuous process either changes made or not so what should i do. "Varun" <varuns123@ggn.hcltech.com> wrote in message news:a76d8c39.0407272029.5df9d058@posting.google.com... > Hi all, > well i have migrated the database from access to oracle and changes > would be done in access only so i want to make same changes in the > oracle database say after 10 mins. or so e...

Oracle after update trigger
Hi, I am relatively new to databsae triggers and I am currently having a problem with an UPDATE AFTER trigger. I am using Forms 6i to perform a few calculations and then commit then to the database. When these records have been updated in the database (AFTER UPDATE) i want to create a trigger that will perform further calculations. The code I have which is causing me a few problems is: CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER update_rech_figures AFTER UPDATE ON uws_rech_cash BEGIN IF non_exception_total_award IS NOT NULL AND exception_total_award IS NOT NULL THEN summ_t...

Can we write trigger on Oracle Database level for abnormal loss of connection to database?
ORACLE: I want a trigger to get fired when my application=92s connection to the database gets disconnected abnormally. I plan to monitor the Server Name and its status in the =93 v$session=93 table. Can I write a trigger that gets fired when =93 v$session=93 table gets edited? How can I achieve it? Is there any other way to execute a stored procedure and perform some steps when a connection is lost to a database? Thanks... Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated. shilpa wrote: > ORACLE: > > I want a trigger to get fired when my application�s connecti...

updating database in oracle
HI...I am very new to SAS/ACCESS, and my first task is to update a SAS dataset into Oracle database....can anyone help me..thanks I wasn't aware they'd stopped working. -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of SUBSCRIBE SAS-L Stephane Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 10:51 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: updating database in oracle Hi, PROC DBLOAD, PROC ACCESS work again ? St�phane. ----Message d'origine---- >Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:39:03 -0500 >De: Harry Droogendyk <harry.droogendyk@RBC.COM&...

ORACLE update trigger
Hi, I am relatively new to databsae triggers and I am currently having a problem with an UPDATE AFTER trigger. I am using Forms 6i to perform a few calculations and then commit then to the database. When these records have been updated in the database (AFTER UPDATE) i want to create a trigger that will perform further calculations. The code I have which is causing me a few problems is: CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER update_rech_figures AFTER UPDATE ON uws_rech_cash BEGIN IF non_exception_total_award IS NOT NULL AND exception_total_award IS NOT NULL THEN summ_t...

How to use icons (database, database backup, save, delete etc.) in Oracle forms 5?
Hi Everyone, I am using Oracle forms 5. I want to use iconic buttons in Oracle forms 5 for database, database backup, save, delete etc. Example: Like Oracle Enterprise Manager, a GUI tool, we can see the different icons for different items (icon for database backup, database etc). How should I get these icons? How should I attach these icons to the buttons/Image item in Oracle Forms ? Should I give the file path of these icons in property palette of an item in Oracle forms? If yes, then which property of item, will I use in order to attach the icons? Please send the solu...

How to use icons (database, database backup, save, delete etc.) in Oracle forms 5? #2
Hello, Thanks for your reply. Could you plz inform me how should I set the environmental variable in order to attach the menus on buttons in an Oracle forms. Thanks Martin Martin wrote: > Hello, > > Thanks for your reply. > Could you plz inform me how should I set the environmental variable in > order to attach the menus on buttons in an Oracle forms. > > Thanks > > Martin You need to read the documentation. I say this because how to do it is operating system dependenat and partially because you need to invest a bit of effort on your...

Bulk Updates in Oracle Database
Hi, I am getting the data in XML file format. The amount of data is huge. I want to parse the XML (in Java) and ctreate Data Objects (DOs) out of it. Number of such DOs is typically around 30000+ Thus now I want to add the information in these DOs into Database. In other words, I want to insert 30000+ rows in Database. Let me know how it can be done efficiently. I know the conventional methods like INSERT or SELECT FOR UPDATE. In short, I want to update this bulk data into Database at a shot. I am using Java as a programming language. So I guess, options related to script...

simultaneous updations and deletions between databases
hello to all, there are two databases named A and B. One database contains employee id as primary I have another project database which includes that employee id as foreign key. How can I reflect my updations,deletions thank you in advance, vishnu You can use triggers on both databases IMHO - Best way Hi If you have two databases then you can not have a FK defined between the two. At a guess you actully have two tables with a FK defined between them. To reflect changes to the referenced table in the referencing table then use the cascade options on the FK. If you are using CREATE TABLE...

Web resources about - Delete after update trigger - comp.database.oracle

Trigger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pop Trigger (@PopTrigger) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Pop Trigger @ PopTrigger ...

Combat Trigger: Call of the Modern Shooter Dead Duty 3D on the App Store on iTunes
Get Combat Trigger: Call of the Modern Shooter Dead Duty 3D on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Ghost Heart — chemically decellularized, a scaffolding remains, to trigger a stem cell wash into oriented ...
jurvetson posted a photo: I thought of the xenotransplant potential; they did it for Halloween.

YouTube - Trigger Happy TV - The big phone guy
Hochgeladen am 25.12.2008 Trigger Happy TV is a hidden camera comedy television programme. The original British edition of the show, produced ...

Trigger warning?
If you read a lot of feminist websites and blogs like - believe it or not - I do, you'll be familiar with the term "trigger warning" which runs ...

Australia v India: Usman Khawaja's call-up triggers club versus country debate
... star batsman despite the likelihood that Khawaja won't actually play against India in Brisbane. The club versus country debate has been triggered ...

Jakarta attacks: why Facebook didn't trigger its Safety Check feature
Social networks are one of the first places people turn to for updates in the wake of tragedies. But Safety Check, a much touted Facebook tool ...

St Kilda expected to trigger last-year option in Jake Carlisle contract
Suspended St Kilda recruit Jake Carlisle's career as a Saint could be extended as a result of a 12-month ban, says senior coach Alan Richardson. ...

Today’s apps gone free: Piloteer, Trigger Points, Jigsaw Wonder Polar Bears and more
Strap on your jetpack and complete missions, discover your trigger points, and complete arctic puzzles with todays collection of apps and games. ...