Displaying database info

I have a manually created 9i database, and I need to return some information
on it.  I need to show the database name, user datafiles, temporary
datafiles, control files, and logfile groups.  Anyone know how to do this?

0
deanfamily
12/14/2005 2:38:20 AM
comp.database.oracle 721 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Download and setup this cool tool

http://dbamon.com/orastat/

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 02:38:20 GMT, "deanfamily"
<deanfamily@verizon.net> wrote:

>I have a manually created 9i database, and I need to return some information
>on it.  I need to show the database name, user datafiles, temporary
>datafiles, control files, and logfile groups.  Anyone know how to do this?

Come race with us!
http://www.mgpmrc.org
0
Vince

The easy way is to  make select on v$ view : v$instance, v$database,
v$datafile, ...
Look at the orcale doc on v$ view, dba_ view,you'll get allthe informations
you need.

"Vince Laurent" <vincelaurent@REMOVETHISsbcglobal.net> a �crit dans le
message news: uik0q1hu1lm08jh7j920ufq5e6m5uima1p@4ax.com...
> Download and setup this cool tool
>
> http://dbamon.com/orastat/
>
> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 02:38:20 GMT, "deanfamily"
> <deanfamily@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> >I have a manually created 9i database, and I need to return some
information
> >on it.  I need to show the database name, user datafiles, temporary
> >datafiles, control files, and logfile groups.  Anyone know how to do
this?

> Come race with us!
> http://www.mgpmrc.org

0