Global Temporary Tables

Hi,

I am inserting records to a global temporary table(say A) in which a
trigger is fired and im getting results from other global tempory
tables(say B, C, D,..)...
This is my scenario...

I am able to fetch the results from the global temporary tables
B,C,D,...when inserting directly in the table A from the front end.
But I am not able to fetch the results from the global temporary
tables B,C,D,...when inserting thru a web service (in dotnet)in the
table A from the front end.

Can somebody explain the reson for the above and give a solution to
fetch the records from the global tempory tables thru
webservice..Thanks in advance.
0
sathya
8/20/2004 8:34:04 AM
comp.database.oracle 721 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Global Temporary Table with column of type ROWID and Oracle Updates
All, I have proposed a solution which uses a global temporary table to remember an updated record via its rowid. Concerns have been risen that this will cause trouble in case of an update of the Oracle version (currently 10.2.0.2) to another version with a changed format for ROWID type columns. My reply was that during an upgrade of DB software there will be no segments of the global temporary table because of the way Oracle allocates segments (see [1]): only on first insert in a session a segment will be allocated and consequently only then data blocks will be formatted. So there should be...

Howto Create global temporary table in Oracle 8.0.5
Hi Guys, I did create a temporary table in Oracle 8i without any problem. However, How can I create a temporary table in Oracle 8.0 CREATE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE table (a RAW(8),b RAW(8)) ON COMMIT DELETE ROWS; I executed this statement and I got this error ERROR at line 1: ORA-00901: invalid CREATE command It looks like a new feature in Oracle 8i How can I create a temporary table in Oracle 8.0? Thank you very much Claude ciao > It looks like a new feature in Oracle 8i > How can I create a temporary table in Oracle 8.0? <troll> set compatible to 8.1.7.0.0 and res...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message news:cd38c3d6.0408100617.6f7b9f3e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. > > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, what is the correct syntax ? > > > Thanks for your help > &...

CURSORS AND manipulating data into a temporary table variable OR global table variable
Help T-SQL Server developer lost trying to implement some simple cursor logic! I need to create a "table object (variable)" OR "TEMP variable" OR "create and drop a table in a procedure" in DB2 to eliminate duplicate records from my query. In the procedure I simply want to insert unique rows into this temporary table ... using a cursor to insert distinct rows by using the (FETCH FIRST 1 ROW ONLY) and (ORDER BY) clauses; into my result set. I know this can be done with a group by but the code gets too messy(and the qery becomes inefficient) (also a te...

Global Temporary Table
Hello Oraclegurus, I would like to know if i am doing the right thing or not?? I've created a global temporary table "tempcomp". "create global temporary table tempcomp (col1 number,col2 char,col3varchar2)" . I looked into these groups and it was mentioned somewhere that default is "on commit delete rows"... I am assuming that the rows are being deleted after commit and not stored . We have a web application which would be calling a stored procedure which inserts into a global temporary some values we nee...

global temporary tables?
In our application we have a table that tracks network sessions. The usage is: 1) create a session record 2) read/update the record several times during the session 3) delete the session record when the session ends Update activity on this table is going to be pretty intense, and the transient nature of the data makes it a good candidate for a temporary and/or in-memory table. Unfortunately, different network connections may be updating the same session record at different times (connection pool), so the CREATE TABLE TEMPORARY doesn't seem to fit the bill, since i...

Global temporary table
Hi all! I dont know how to declare and use a global temporary table in my java stored procedure.... I used these statements: sql="declare global temporary table session.temp(recordinteger,eventtype character(20)) not logged"; Statement st=con.createStatement(); st.execute(sql); For inserting I'm trying to do.. sql="insert into session.temp values(2003,'fatal error'); st.executeUpdate(sql); But its flagging an error.With just the declare statement there is no error.But i read somewhere that a temporary table space needs to be created.I dont kn...

To retrive a table from one database to and another database(same table)
hi i have emp table in one database , how to retrieve same table another database through query analizer give code ,,, Hi, use the three part notation: SELECT * FROM database.owner.Objectname (replace owner by schema for SQL2k5) HTH, Jens Suessmeyer. --- http://www.sqlserver2005.de --- Hi surya While the first database is "Current" as would result from: Use FirstDatabaseName select * from OtherDatabaseName..Emp -- -Dick Christoph "surya" <suryaitha@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1142588469.061525.268810@u72g2000cwu.googlegr...

Global temporary table and SP
Hello all, I'm using SS2K on W2K. Brieffing: Many months ago, I created a stored procedure only used by those with admin rights in SS. Now, someone else (without admin rights) has to run it. I gave him rigth to execute the SP but, at the second and more execution, he got a error message concerning a temp table already existing (see further). The SP: ------------------------------------------------------ CREATE PROCEDURE MySP @Type INT DECLARE @strSQL AS VARCHAR(4000) IF EXISTS (SELECT table_name FROM tempdb.information_Schema.tables WHERE table_name = '##MyTmpTable&#...

Global temporary tables performance
Hello, I'm trying to use a global temporary tables with a bulk insert, and the performance for the temporary table is about 5 times LESS than those of a real table - shouldent it be the opposite way? Here is my example: -- Create real table and a temporary one create table realTable( id number(15) ); create global temporary table tmpTable(id number(15)) ON COMMIT DELETE ROWS; -- Insert 50000 records with bulk operation -- into the rea table and the temporary one, and getting the time it took declare tableSize constant number := 50000; type ty_numTable is varray (50000) of number(15); numTable ty_numTable := ty_numTable(); st pls_integer; en pls_integer; begin -- Fill up a data array numTable.extend( tableSize ); for i in 1 .. tableSize loop numTable(i) := i; end loop; -- -- Inserting data to the real table st := dbms_utility.get_time(); forall i in numTable.first .. numTable.last insert into realTable values (numTable(i)); en := dbms_utility.get_Time(); dbms_output.put_line( en-st ); -- Time taken for the insert -- -- Inserting data to the temporary table st := dbms_utility.get_time(); forall i in numTable.first .. numTable.last insert into tmpTable values (numTable(i)); en := dbms_utility.get_Time(); dbms_output.put_line( en-st ); -- Time taken for the insert end; The output is: 11 57 Do you have any idea? TIA. Ronen S. Known bug (at least I think is't known, I've mentioned here a couple of times). if you do a sn...

creating global temporary tables
Can you please advice on how to create global temporary tables in informix 9.1, so that it can be accessed across procedures? Rishi wrote: > Can you please advice on how to create global temporary tables in > informix 9.1, so that it can be accessed across procedures? You should have abandoned IDS 9.1x prior to 2000-01-01. What do you mean by 'across procedures'? Did you read the SQL manual on CREATE TABLE - the section on CREATE TEMP TABLE? The name 'global temporary table' is SQL standard speak and doesn't have a direct counter-part in IDS. I...

GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE Efficiency ?
If I create one of these using DECLARE (not cataloged) and insert and then delete no more than 20 256-byte rows again and again, and if this would replace several overlapping legacy SELECTs, will I see run-time improvement ? I have heard from others that GTTs do not perform well. Here, I would expect a net reduction on physical I/O. But might there be an offsetting inefficiency otherwise ? Thanks, Walter Rue WalterR wrote: > If I create one of these using DECLARE (not cataloged) and insert and > then delete no more than 20 256-byte rows again and again, and if this...

global temporary table disappears??
HP-UX 11.11 Ingres 2.6/0305 I'm using a script that creates several global temporary tables. Among other temporary tables created, part of the process creates one table and then creates a second table from some of the data from the previous one. I then do an update to the second one from the first with some additional data; an exercise in getting a unique set of data :-(. The update to the second table complains with the "tuple at tid already deleted" error. And then the next statement that tries to update a different table from the second table complains that the second table doesn't exist or isn't owned by me. This is all happening in the same session so I can't figure out why the one table keeps disappearing. When it's first declared there is no complaint that it couldn't be created, and in fact returns the n rows message. I understand that global temporary tables will be written to disk if there isn't enough memory to hold them. But if that's what's happening here could there be a timing issue before the disk write completes and the next statement tries to access the data? The thing that led me to using session tables is that I don't need, or want, logging while moving the data. I suppose I could skip session tables and set nologging, and if something errors out it's easy enough to mark the dB consistent and go back to step one :-(. Thanks Dennis d _ roesler ...

Load global temporary table
Hi all, I have a fixedwidth .DAT file and a DB2 table, I have to create a flat file by pulling data from both file and DB2 table. I tried using IMPORT/LOAD utilities to load to a global temporary table and thought of joining it and extracting, but IMPORT/LOAD are not allowed on temporary table. Can you please suggest me how to go about it... thanks in advance, kore Can you Import it to a real TABLE, and then export with a join? B. As per my requirements I am not supposed to use a real table. Please suggest me..... vijay_dwi@yahoo.com wrote: > As per my requ...

Permission to the Oracle database table
Hello. I need some administrative help. Is there possible to give read grants to one user, and to give another one (to the same table) only write grants? Or better - is it possible to store procedure that will have access to the table and user has only rights to this procedure, not to the table? Thanks a lot for any advice. Yes, you can grant one user read, and another write access, as long as it is not the owner of the table; the owner always has all rights. Your last option is also possible, and it the correct approach as far as I am concerned. User A is owner of the tables, account is...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Global temporary tables surprise
I created a global temporary table, using the following syntax: [mgogala@medo tmp]$ psql scott Timing is on. psql (8.4.4) Type "help" for help. scott=# create global temporary table t_emp scott-# on commit preserve rows scott-# as select * from emp; SELECT Time: 127.086 ms scott=# commit; WARNING: there is no transaction in progress COMMIT Time: 0.353 ms scott=# select * from t_emp; empno | ename | job | mgr | hiredate | sal | comm | deptno -------+--------+-----------+------+---------------------+------+------ +-------- 7369 | SMITH | CLERK | 7902 | 1980-12-17 00:00:00 | 800 | | 20 7499 | ALLEN | SALESMAN | 7698 | 1981-02-20 00:00:00 | 1600 | 300 | 30 7521 | WARD | SALESMAN | 7698 | 1981-02-22 00:00:00 | 1250 | 500 | 30 7566 | JONES | MANAGER | 7839 | 1981-04-02 00:00:00 | 2975 | | 20 7654 | MARTIN | SALESMAN | 7698 | 1981-09-28 00:00:00 | 1250 | 1400 | 30 7698 | BLAKE | MANAGER | 7839 | 1981-05-01 00:00:00 | 2850 | | 30 7782 | CLARK | MANAGER | 7839 | 1981-06-09 00:00:00 | 2450 | | 10 7788 | SCOTT | ANALYST | 7566 | 1987-04-19 00:00:00 | 3000 | | 20 7839 | KING | PRESIDENT | | 1981-11-17 00:00:00 | 5000 | | 10 7844 | TURNER | SALESMAN | 7698 | 1981-09-08 00:00:00 | 1500 | 0 | 30 7876 | ADAMS | CLERK | 7788 | 1987-05-23 00:00:00 | 1100 | | 20 79...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Problem with Global Temporary Table
I am creating a procedure A which is creating a global temporary table DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE session.temp (Service CHAR(2), CustomerServiceTypeId INTEGER) WITH REPLACE ON COMMIT PRESERVE ROWS; I am able to compile the proceudre. But when I try to compile procedure B which is referencing the temporary table in procedure A, I get the error. "SESSION.TEMP" is an undefined name. In procedure B all I am trying to do is INSERT INTO session.temp VALUES ('MS', 0); Can some one please help chettiar wrote: > I am creating a procedure A which ...

Global Temporary Table #2
Hello, We are running on Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Unix (AIX 4.3.3.0) I'm facing a problem with a global temporary table (on commit preserve rows) : it is going through the loop : - delete all - insert - update At the beginning of the procedure everything is going fine. I can see how the process is going on in v$session. After half an hour, the speed begins to decrease a lot and there are lot of "db file scattered read" events pointing to my temporary table. It is true that there are lots of FTS on this temporary table, but its content is very small (about 20 rows at each step of t...

EXPLAIN and Global Temporary Tables
I have my developers explaining the stored procedures that they write using visual studio. These stored procedures are for DB2 os390. In one case, one of the developers has defined a global temporary table that he uses to put the input parms into and then uses it to join against to create a dataset. When he runs explain (both visual explain, and CA's explain) it chokes on the SESSION.TABLE saying that it doesn't exist. Is there anyway I can have them explain these when they have global temporary tables defined? ...

RE: creating global temporary tables
-----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Rishi Sent: 31 October 2005 09:25 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: creating global temporary tables >Can you please advice on how to create global temporary tables in >informix 9.1, so that it can be accessed across procedures? I think what (Rishi?) is looking for, it a temp table that can be accessed by other users (other sessions) - am I correct in this assumption ? This is not possible in Informix, unless IDS 10 has a new feature I am not awa...

Web resources about - Global Temporary Tables - comp.database.oracle

Temporary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Report: Facebook To Open Temporary Vancouver Office To Recruit, Train Engineering Talent
Facebook will set up a temporary office in Vancouver , British Columbia, where it will conduct “boot camps” to train recent software engineering ...

Facebook brings post insights back to Pages Manager app after temporary removal
A recent update to Pages Manager for iOS has returned detailed post insights to the product after a version earlier this month was released without ...

TFRs: Temporary Flight Restrictions Aviation Pilot NOTAMs for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes ...
Get TFRs: Temporary Flight Restrictions Aviation Pilot NOTAMs on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

QR Code Temporary Tattoo SCANS!!! - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Embed metadata on your skin with these temporary QR Code tattoos. You can personalize the 2D barcode with plain text, website URL, email address, ...

Paul McCartney - Temporary Secretary - YouTube
please comment~~~~~ lyrics :::: Mister Marks Can You Find For Me Someone Strong And Sweet Fitting On My Knee She Can Keep Her Job If She Gets ...

Temporary speed reduction on Abu Dhabi-Dubai highway - The National
Radars along a stretch of the road will be set at 121kph, down from 141kph, as roadwork is carried out.

Labor dilemma on temporary protection visas for refugees
... internal debate over whether to shadow the Abbott government closely on refugee policy or oppose the government's tough plan to restore temporary ...

Jobless compete to be temporary spies to boost family coffers
... Security Intelligence Organisation is looking for part timers to swell its spy ranks, Phillip Thomson reports. Usually people think of temporary ...

Temporary six-lane road to be built for construction of Sydney light rail tunnel
Temporary six-lane road will be built as tunnel is dug for light rail line.