ORA:00904 Invalid identifier error

Hi,
I have a login applet through which i authenticate users ( by checking
their username and pasword in the oracle DB)and if valid, load the
main applet.

Now I am having a strange problem, the login applet gives the
ORA:00904 "SID" Invalid identifier error and does not load the second
applet, however, the main applet( if directly loaded) is able to talk
to the database using the same connection string and SID.My SQL
statement is very simple: select * from database where username=....
and password =.....
Can anyone please tell me where I could be going wrong?I can paste the
exact code if required.
Thanks
Ben.
0
skchbs
10/30/2003 8:18:07 PM
comp.database.oracle 721 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Merge - ora-00904
Hi Folks, I'm pretty new no Oracle and SQL and have been trying to learn as I go. Can someone please help? I have to "UPSERT" tables on a monthly basis from text files from a data supplier. I plan to replace each text file into staging table, Create a trigger on the staging table to "MERGE" the data onto a final table. I have had to do it this way as sqlldr will not alllow merge. I've been trying to get the merge working on it's own before inclusion in a trigger but am getting ORA-00904 - Invalid Identifier. I have checked and re-checked and cannot spot the error. Any clues anyone? MERGE INTO "LOAD_TEST_T" USING (SELECT * from "LOAD_TEST_IN") ON ("LOAD_TEST_T"."PZ"="LOAD_TEST_IN"."PZ") WHEN MATCHED THEN UPDATE SET "LOAD_TEST_T"."TEXT"="LOAD_TEST_IN"."TEXT" WHEN NOT MATCHED THEN INSERT ("LOAD_TEST_T"."PZ", "LOAD_TEST_T"."TEXT") VALUES ("LOAD_TEST_IN"."PZ", "LOAD_TEST_IN"."TEXT"); I'll be extremely embarrassed if it's a typo......... robert.mcauley@eurocarparts.com schrieb: > Hi Folks, I'm pretty new no Oracle and SQL and have been trying to > learn as I go. Can someone please help? > I have to "UPSERT" tables on a monthly basis from text files from a > data supplier. ...

ora-00600 error while connecting to oracle database
Hi, I am using jsp page to connect to oracle database. We are using a Borland Enterprise Server 5.2 application server and a web server running on IIS 6.0. A GUI module is hosted on the web server. When we use the logon.jsp page to connect we get the following error Error Logging On : java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [ttcgcshnd-1], [0], [], [], [], [], [], [] Can you please kindly advice what needs to be done. Thanks vijai vijai_kumar_n@yahoo.com (Vijai Kumar) wrote in message news:<1e3853b6.0406240318.4618b99c@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > I am using jsp page to connect to oracle database. We are using a > Borland Enterprise Server 5.2 application server and a web server > running on IIS 6.0. A GUI module is hosted on the web server. > > When we use the logon.jsp page to connect we get the following error > Error Logging On : java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00600: internal error > code, arguments: [ttcgcshnd-1], [0], [], [], [], [], [], [] > > Can you please kindly advice what needs to be done. > > Thanks > vijai Either lookup ora-600 ttcgcshnd-1 on Metalink or call support. ora-600 is an untrapped error that shouldn't surface. Only support is able to resolve it. Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA ...

ERROR: Error fetching from cursor. ORACLE error is ORA-01555:
Can some one help me. I am unable to solve this problem. when i am executing my program with obs=1 Crore it is working fine , but for obs=max i am unable to execute. I am getting an error like this:- ERROR: Error fetching from cursor. ORACLE error is ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 2 with name "_SYSSMU2$" too small. Please suggest me some thing???? Waiting for your feedback. Regards, Kishore.K --------------------------------- How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger�s low PC-to-Phone call rates. In my experience, this occurs whe...

ORA-00904: "string": invalid identifier
Hi, 9.2.0.4 both on Linux I'm trying to export a subset of a table on one instance and import it into an empty table (same schema) on another instance. My export works fine but my imp fails with IMP-00058: ORACLE error 904 encountered ORA-00904: "REAL STRING HERE": invalid identifier This is while importing using $ imp system/xxxxxxxx@XXXX fromuser=xxxxxx touser=xxxxxx file=test.dmp ignore=y Any ideas as the empty table was created with a rows=n and other tables have had data inserted into them in this way without issue. thanks > IMP-00058: ORACLE error 904 encounte...

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00904: invalid identifier
Hi, I'm using Java 1.5 with WebLogic 9.2.2 connected to an Oracle 10 db. I'm getting the below error but what is odd is that I can run the offending SQL statement fine using PL/SQL Developer. I have verified that the connection information is the same. Any way to tell exactly what is the "Invalid identifier"? Thanks, - Dave java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00904: "NPS_LOG"."PKG_NPSLOG"."GET_LKUP": invalid identifier at weblogic.rjvm.ResponseImpl.unmarshalReturn(ResponseImpl.java:211) at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicR...

Re: ERROR: Error fetching from cursor. ORACLE error is ORA-01555:
In my experience, this occurs when you are asking Oracle to do too much, as in joining two large tables. Even with where clauses the processing can take too much time. You can post the code but you really need to take your query to your DBA and ask what can be done with it. Clint -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Kishore Kumar Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 2:16 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: ERROR: Error fetching from cursor. ORACLE error is ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 2 with name "_SYSSMU2$&quo...

ERROR: Error fetching from cursor. ORACLE error is ORA-01555: #2
Thanks for all, for your valuable suggestions, I have sent my code and the error to my DBA. I am sending the code to all of you, so that all who have spend time on this error can have a look at the code and let me know your comments in tuning the code. options obs=max errorabend compress=yes BUFNO=256 BUFSIZE=64; data _null_; enddate=today(); startdate=enddate-90; *startdate=intnx('month',date(),-4,'b'); *enddate=intnx('month',date(),-2,'e'); call symput ('startdate',startdate); call symput ('enddate',enddate); run; %let oraStartDate...

Using vaarray in dynamic sql
All, I am doing the following work in oracle 10.2.0.1 The procedure below is producing the error "ORA-00904: "NTT": invalid identifier" Note that I have declared a type in my schema as follows CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE Type_Varchar2_4000 AS TABLE OF VARCHAR2(4000) How can I get the dynamic sql to recognise ntt and use its contents? Thanks PROCEDURE testmemberofprc( po_ref_cursor OUT RefCursor) IS --TYPE alc_tab IS TABLE OF aggregatelevelright.aggregatelevelcode %TYPE INDEX BY PLS_INTEGER; ntt type_varchar2_4000; v_sql VARCHAR2(2000); v_errcode VARCHAR2(2000); BEGIN ntt := type_varchar2_4000('A', 'B', 'C'); v_sql := 'INSERT INTO ks(ks_varchar2) ' || 'SELECT ks_varchar2 ' || 'FROM ks ' || 'WHERE ks_varchar2 MEMBER OF ntt'; OPEN po_ref_Cursor FOR v_sql; EXCEPTION WHEN OTHERS THEN v_errcode := Sqlerrm; RAISE; END testmemberofprc; Hi all. Sadly it does not appear to bepossible to edit posts once they are on line and so as I now realised I have posted this code with the line 'INSERT INTO ks(ks_varchar2) ' || which I meant to take out so please igore it. 5 minutes after posting this I foud a solution. PROCEDURE testmemberofprc( po_ref_cursor OUT RefCursor) IS --TYPE alc_tab...

Re: ERROR: Error fetching from cursor. ORACLE error is ORA-01555: #3
Consider first fetching the subset of DW_CDR_ACCOUNT_DAY that you want w/a pass-through query & then running through it in a datastep. Something like: Proc sql ; connect to oracle as ora (blah blah blah) ; create table gnu as select * from connection to ora (select day accnt_id record_type record_subtype paid_mou bonus_mou cust_type COS from DW_CDR_ACCOUNT_DAY where day <= to_date(&orastartdate) and cust_type='Consumer' and record_type in ('VOICE','SMS','XTRAS') and COS in (10,20,30,40,60) ) ; disconnect from ...

Re: ERROR: Error fetching from cursor. ORACLE error is ORA-01555: #2
That's one to take to your DBA I think. I think it means your query is taking too long to execute. -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Kishore Kumar Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:16 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: ERROR: Error fetching from cursor. ORACLE error is ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 2 with name "_SYSSMU2$" too small. Can some one help me. I am unable to solve this problem. when i am executing my program with obs=1 Crore it is working fine , but for obs=max i am unable ...

Oracle 12c container database and ORA-1555 snapshot too old error
Currently I have databases in Oracle 10g and Oracle 11g which sometimes giv= e above error despite a large undo tablepsace (24G) and large undo_retenet= ion_time (1 day). My export backups run for 4 hours and then fail with this= error. I cannot do consistent export backups at all when users are running= the system. Only when users are off, export backups are successful. =20 Now in Oracle 12c multi-tenant database where several pluggable databases w= ill share same undo table (because undo and redo have to be shared for all = the pluggable databases in a container database), wo...

Error ORA-01005 when accessing Oracle 7.3.3 database with Powerbuilder V5
Upgrading application from V4 to V5, 16bit to 32 bit sqlnet. When connecting to database , error ORA-01005 returned. Error returned when connecting through application and also connecting when setting up a database profile through database connection/ setup/option. Have stepped through the application using the debug facility and the sqlca.logid and sqlca.logpass appear to be set ok, with the correct values. Have had DBA check permissions and have also had DBA trying to connect using sys user. Same error. A similar application, with what looks like similar priviledges on it...

ERROR: ORACLE prepare error: ORA-24333
I get an error when I run the below SAS code data _null_; proc sql ; connect to oracle (user= &userid password= "&orapass" path= &ora_path ) ; select * from connection to oracle (EXEC(EXEC DI_PROC_IMP_RESULT_UPDATE) BY ORACLE); disconnect from oracle ; quit; run; ERROR: ORACLE prepare error: ORA-24333: zero iteration count. SQL statement: EXEC(EXEC DI_PROC_IMP_RESULT_UPDATE) BY ORACLE. ...

ORA-00283 and ORA-00355 Error When Copying a Database
Hi, On Win2000/9i. we wanted to create a new database, E47, by copying an online backup of a database named, say, ABC. We copied the datafiles, successfully executed the 'CREATE DATABASE E47' command, created initE47.ora, changed the listener file, etc.. After the 'CREATE DATABASE ' command, we executed the command 'RECOVER DATABASE..UNTIL (Time Period) USING BACKUP CONTROLFILE'. Oracle processed the first archive log (We renamed it so that its name starts with 'E47') successfully. However, when processing the second log Oracle responded as follows: (After about 30 minutes) ORA-00283: recovery session canceled due to errors ORA-00355: change numbers out of order ORA-00353: log corruption near block 2 change 17099127 time 09/30/2005 16:44:59 ORA-00334: archived log: 'E:\ORACLE\E47\ORAARCH\E47ARCHARC01513.001' Is this a real case of corruption, or can it be due to some type of an error in the procedure? What seems strange is that I used the same procedure (As far as my notes and memory indicate) to copy a database beforehand, though perhaps my procedure was similar, but not identical. Thanks, SAP BASIS Consultant ...

Re: ERROR: ORACLE prepare error: ORA-24333
> -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On > Behalf Of Harry > Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2009 10:58 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: ERROR: ORACLE prepare error: ORA-24333 > > I get an error when I run the below SAS code > > > data _null_; > proc sql ; > connect to oracle (user= &userid > password= "&orapass" path= &ora_path ) ; > select * from connection to oracle > (EXEC(EXEC DI_PROC_IMP_RESULT_UPDATE) BY > ORACLE); > disconnect from oracle ; >...

Re: ERROR: ORACLE prepare error: ORA-24333 #2
Harry: Try this: proc sql noprint; connect to oracle (user= &userid password= "&orapass" path= &ora_path ) ; execute(EXEC DI_PROC_IMP_RESULT_UPDATE) by oracle; disconnect from oracle; quit; -Mary ----- Original Message ----- From: Harry To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 12:57 AM Subject: ERROR: ORACLE prepare error: ORA-24333 I get an error when I run the below SAS code data _null_; proc sql ; connect to oracle (user= &userid password= "&orapass" path= &ora_path ) ; select * from connection to oracle (EXEC(EX...

Error ORA-01044 after migration Oracle-DB 8.i to Oracle-DB 9.i
Hello To invoke a stored procedure call using the sytax "{call <package-name>.<proc-or-func>; (....,{resultset<max-record-requested, <formal-array-param_1>,; <formal-array-param_2>, ......,<formal-array-param_n>}.....)}" in an Oracle 8.i environment, was executed properly. The same method leeds in an Oracle 9.i environment to the error "ORA-01044 size string of buffer bound to variable exceeds maximum string" The Oracle Documentation says: Error-Cause: An attempt was made to bind a buffer whose total size would exceed the maximum si...

error invalid identifier
When I start my program i get an error message saying ??? Error using ==> textscan Invalid file identifier. Use fopen to generate a valid file identifier. Error in ==> abc at 23 for i=1:18 hdr=textscan(fid,'%s %*[^\n]',1); end for the program function spec = abc(filelist); filelist='add.txt'; fl = importdata(filelist); apfile = size(fl,1); %fid = fopen(file); bcc = 1024; spec = zeros(apfile, bcc); for iFile = 1:nFile fid = fopen(fl{apfile}); for i=1:18 hdr=textscan(fid,'%s %*[^\n]',1); end x=text...

About Error : ORA-01034 and ORA-27101 ( on Windows XP and Oracle 8.1.7 )
After I installed oracle8i (8.1.7) on Windows XP Professional, it did create the DB by default But I can't connect to SQLPlus, so when i am trying to connect throu internal or system it is flashing me this error. Can you please help me. < Error Displayed > ORACLE not available shared memory realm does not exist Park Yeon Jo wrote: > After I installed oracle8i (8.1.7) on Windows XP Professional, it did > create the DB by default > > But I can't connect to SQLPlus, so when i am trying to connect throu > internal or system it is flashing me this error. > Can you please help me. > > < Error Displayed > > > ORACLE not available > shared memory realm does not exist It appears that Oracle is not running. The solution is to statr Oracle. ...

"Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle" error when restarting application
Hi, we're using Oracle 10g, in combination with Delphi (7). Application uses Oracle client dll (oraociei10.dll). Quick explenation about the structure (All files are on the network): - A launcher application is started by the client. The launcher application checks an .ini file for the current application versie (.exe filename with a version postfix, e.g. "Application_112.exe"). The launcher starts the executable specified in the .ini file. In this way we can "release" by putting a new .exe file and updating the .ini file. The problem: In our application we've ...

Error python + cx_Oracle :Oracle-Error-Message: ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number
Hi, i need help with the next error: "ERR_PYTHON:Oracle-Error-Message: ORA-01036: illegal variable=20 name/number", i used the cx_Oracle module, and the error not is only=20 Oracle Error. The error its for that python don't translate the query, with the=20 variables ":VARIABLE" when the VARIABLE is a number, this is th ecause=20 of Oracle error. The template is: updateQUERYBSCS var. The code : =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= ...

Intermittent error -- "Invalid file identifier. Use fopen to generate a valid file identifier."
My code loops through calls to a function with a variety of different parameters, 6000 in all. The function opens a file, does its calculations, writes the results to the file, and then closes the file. fileID2 = fopen('projects_out.txt', 'a'); blah blah blah fprintf(fileID2,'%6.5f %6.5f %6.5f %6.5f %3d %6.5f %3d %6.5f %3d %6.5f %3d %6.5f %3d %6.5f %3d %6.5f \r\n', alpha, alpha_plus, alpha_plus_resource, HoldAllScore, HoldAllCount , come_and_go_score ,num_come_and_go_selected,TriageScore,TriageCount, PlusScore,PlusCount,PlusResourceScore,PlusResourceCount,Plus...

Oracle Error (ORA-21560 and ORA-06512) while converting the CLOB data of length 75K into String or Reader or InputStream?
Hi, When I am trying to retrieve the CLOB data of length of ~75KB from the Oracle database using JDBC (oracle.sql.CLOB) and converting it to String by using subString function of oracle.sql.CLOB, I am getting the following exception: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-21560: argument 2 is null, invalid, or out of range ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_LOB", line 715 ORA-06512: at line 1 at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method) at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code) at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code) at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Co...

oracle error ora-00333
Hi All I am getting oracle error ora-00333.Can anyone help me in fixing the corrupt files and how to do so. Thank you, Susmita ...

Web resources about - ORA:00904 Invalid identifier error - comp.database.oracle

Identifier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An identifier is a name that identifies (that is, labels the identity of) either a unique object or a unique class of objects, where the "object" ...

Battery Identifier on the App Store on iTunes
Get Battery Identifier on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Apple Unveils New Dickhead Identifier
... Apple Inc. unveiled the features and pricing of its long-awaited Apple Watch Edition, a solid gold smartwatch billed as a ‘dickhead identifier’ ...

Net company seeks ‘chief porn identifier’ - Global Times
Experts said Thursday that an Internet company’s drive to recruit a “porn identifier” is more to generate publicity than an efficient way to ...

Apple clarifies new Advertising Identifier, a non-personal UDID replacement, in iOS 6
... no longer support UDIDs. Instead, UDIDs will apparently be replaced, for advertisers at least, with a new feature called the Advertising Identifier. ...

Two new iPhone identifiers discovered by ad tracking service, rumored 'iPhone 6C' model in doubt
Mobile app marketing firm Fiksu on Tuesday discovered two new iPhone device identifiers in its dataset for July, suggesting Apple's tests of ...

New MacBook Pro identifier hints that an update is imminent
A new MacBook Pro identifier string has popped up, confirming the existence of …

Google Said to Mull Anonymous Identifiers Over 'Cookies'
Google Said to Mull Anonymous Identifiers Over 'Cookies' Bloomberg “Potentially, it would allow Google to remake a system that currently has ...

Crashlytics Launches SecureUDID, An Alternative Identifier for iPhone Developers
Last week, Apple started rejecting apps from its mobile app store for using Unique Device Identifiers (UDIDs) that...

Collective Noun: Illustrated Series of Animals Framed Around Their Group Identifier
LoL by: Unknown (via Chet Phillips ) Tagged: dogs , clowders , monkeys , packs , troops , words , Cats , identifiers Share on Facebook ...