replace Oracle 8 with Oracle 9i

Hi all,

Customer is upgrading an NT to Win3000, and I want to upgrade their
Oracle 8 to Oracle 9i.  I would prefer to just delete the entire Oracle
8 environment and do a clean install of 9i.  Do I need to run an
uninstaller to remove Oracle 8, or can I just delete the entire oracle
folder from the D drive?

Thanks

Jim
0
Jim
11/29/2005 8:42:22 PM
comp.database.oracle 721 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In article <jim-BEA762.15422229112005@comcast.dca.giganews.com>, Jim Pistrang <jim@jpcr.com> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Customer is upgrading an NT to Win3000, and I want to upgrade their
>Oracle 8 to Oracle 9i.  I would prefer to just delete the entire Oracle
>8 environment and do a clean install of 9i.  Do I need to run an
>uninstaller to remove Oracle 8, or can I just delete the entire oracle
>folder from the D drive?
>
>Thanks
>
>Jim

Run the uninstaller, delete the directory, and look thru the registry for
oracle, cleaning up what the uninstaller misses. Pray.

Eric
0
efriedNoSpam