Accessing BTrieve database from Visual C++/Visual Basic

Hi!

I have been looking on the pervasive website but things don't get really
clear to me.

Does anybody know how to access a betrieve database from either Visual
Basic or from Visual C++?

Is there some sort of ODBC driver or anything alike? Do you know where
to get it and if it is free or needs to be payed for?

I'm looking for this because we use a product in our clinic that makes
use of a BTrieve database from which we would like to query some
information that we would like to use in some other system.

If we can access the BTrieve database we are able to treat our patient
better, quicker and more cost effective, so I hope someone can help me
or give me a hint.

Thank in advance!

Jonathan

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

You can download a 30 day trial version at www.pervasive.com/downloads.
 It has the drivers needed to access the data.  You will need the DDF
files which define the file layouts to use ODBC.  Also you can download
the SDK which has info on different methods of accessing the files
besides ODBC.

Gil

Jonathan wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have been looking on the pervasive website but things don't get
really
> clear to me.
>
> Does anybody know how to access a betrieve database from either
Visual
> Basic or from Visual C++?
>
> Is there some sort of ODBC driver or anything alike? Do you know
where
> to get it and if it is free or needs to be payed for?
>
> I'm looking for this because we use a product in our clinic that
makes
> use of a BTrieve database from which we would like to query some
> information that we would like to use in some other system.
>
> If we can access the BTrieve database we are able to treat our
patient
> better, quicker and more cost effective, so I hope someone can help
me
> or give me a hint.
>
> Thank in advance!
>
> Jonathan
>
> --
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.

nelsonsoft
5/19/2005 10:05:51 PM
You may also wish to contact a local company, www.q-ry.nl -- I believe
that they can provide some help with this, too!
	Goldstar Software Inc.
	Building on Btrieve(R) for the Future(SM)
	Bill Bach
	BillBach@goldstarsoftware.com
	http://www.goldstarsoftware.com
	*** Chicago: Pervasive.SQL Service & Support - July 19-22 ***
	*** Chicago: Pervasive DataExchange Class - July 27-29 ***

Jonathan wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have been looking on the pervasive website but things don't get
> really clear to me.
>
> Does anybody know how to access a betrieve database from either
> Visual Basic or from Visual C++?
>
> Is there some sort of ODBC driver or anything alike? Do you know
> where to get it and if it is free or needs to be payed for?
>
> I'm looking for this because we use a product in our clinic that
> makes use of a BTrieve database from which we would like to query
> some information that we would like to use in some other system.
>
> If we can access the BTrieve database we are able to treat our
> patient better, quicker and more cost effective, so I hope someone
> can help me or give me a hint.
>
> Thank in advance!
>
> Jonathan
0