Get text copy of data dictionary

I have Pervasive.SQL V8, but can hardly be considered an experienced user.
I need a text version of the field names and other information, in a form
that I can copy into notepad or Word. Is this possible? I cannot highlight
and copy the text in the "Table Designer" window.  I also posted this query
in the Pervasive Support Forum, so please excuse the redundancy - I'm not
sure the same viewers all follow both.  TIA, Paul

comp.databases.btrieve 914 articles. 0 followers. datenisis (11) is leader. Post Follow

P Hoberg wrote:

> I have Pervasive.SQL V8, but can hardly be considered an experienced
> user.  I need a text version of the field names and other
> information, in a form that I can copy into notepad or Word. Is this
> possible? I cannot highlight and copy the text in the "Table
> Designer" window.  I also posted this query in the Pervasive Support
> Forum, so please excuse the redundancy - I'm not sure the same
> viewers all follow both.  TIA, Paul

Go to www.goldstarsoftware.com/download.asp and grab the FPrint
utility.  The free version here is a bit older, but it will work for
dumping the DDF's from most older apps.  If you need the new, improved,
Win32 version, it'll cost you a few bucks, but this might be worthwhile
as well.
	Goldstar Software Inc.
	Building on Btrieve(R) for the Future(SM)
	Bill Bach
	BillBach@goldstarsoftware.com
	http://www.goldstarsoftware.com
	*** Chicago: Pervasive.SQL Service & Support - July 19-22 ***
	*** Chicago: Pervasive DataExchange Class - July 27-29 ***

Here's an example of the newer FPRINT output on the Person table in
DEMODATA:

Description of Table "person". Printed on Tue May 03 19:10:27 2005

Data File located in Person.mkd (Nullable)

    Number of Records:     1500      Page Size   : 4096
    Record Length    :      333      File Version:   80
    Number of Indexes:        3      Unused Pages:    0

Position  N  Data Type   Size  Dec/Case  Field Name
--------  -  ---------   ----  --------  --------------------
     1       Unsigned      8      0      ID
    10    *  ZString      16   Insenstv  First_Name
    27    *  ZString      26   Insenstv  Last_Name
    54    *  ZString      31   Insenstv  Perm_Street
    86    *  ZString      31   Insenstv  Perm_City
   118    *  ZString       3   Insenstv  Perm_State
   122    *  ZString      11   Insenstv  Perm_Zip
   134    *  ZString      21   Insenstv  Perm_Country
   156    *  ZString      31   Insenstv  Street
   188    *  ZString      31   Insenstv  City
   220    *  ZString       3   Insenstv  State
   224    *  ZString      11   Sensitiv  Zip
   236    *  Decimal       6      0      Phone
   243    *  Character    20   Insenstv  Emergency_Phone
   263       Bit           1      1      Unlisted
   265    *  Date          4      0      Date_Of_Birth
   270    *  ZString      31   Sensitiv  Email_Address
   301       Bit           1      1      Sex
   303    *  ZString      21   Insenstv  Citizenship
   324       Bit           1      1      Survey
   324       Bit           1      2      Smoker
   324       Bit           1      4      Married
   324       Bit           1      8      Children
   324       Bit           1     16      Disability
   324       Bit           1     32      Scholarship
   326    *  BLOB          8      0      Comments

Index   Field Name            Dup  Mod  Case  Ord  Nulls  Index Name
  0     ID                    No   Yes        Asc   No    PersonID
  1-1   Last_Name             Yes  Yes  Ins.  Asc   No    Names
  1-2   First_Name            Yes  Yes  Ins.  Asc   No    Names
  2-1   Perm_State            Yes  Yes  Ins.  Asc   No    State_City
  2-2   Perm_City             Yes  Yes  Ins.  Asc   No    State_City

End of Listing.

0
Bill