Problem installing v8 on windows server 2003

Help!!!
I am trying to install pervasive v8 on a windows server 2003. While installing, i get the error message, that there is a conflicht
with "svchost.exe"???

What can i do, what does that mean?

thanks!

yours, alex schueller

0
Alexander
6/8/2004 8:08:58 AM
comp.databases.btrieve 914 articles. 0 followers. datenisis (11) is leader. Post Follow

Stop the IIS Admin service.

"Alexander Schueller" <schuellexxx@uni-koblenz.de> wrote in message
> Help!!!
> I am trying to install pervasive v8 on a windows server 2003. While
installing, i get the error message, that there is a conflicht
> with "svchost.exe"???
>
> What can i do, what does that mean?
>
> thanks!
>
> yours, alex schueller

0
Lapchien
6/8/2004 11:04:54 AM
Choose "Cancel" when install asks to search for further conflicts.

svchost is used for several system functions, including the event
system and network support. It is very likely that you'll still find
it active after stopping each and every service on your system and can
only be stopped by using some kind of 'kill' routine.

Note that there is a difference between svchost which *MAY* conflict
with installation and processes such as IIS which *WILL* conflict.

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:08:58 +0200, "Alexander Schueller"
<schuellexxx@uni-koblenz.de> wrote:

>Help!!!
>I am trying to install pervasive v8 on a windows server 2003. While installing, i get the error message, that there is a conflicht
>with "svchost.exe"???
>
>What can i do, what does that mean?
>
>thanks!
>
>yours, alex schueller

 Gordon Bos
 Q-RY Solutions
 +31-(0)15-2564035

 http://www.q-ry.nl/
0
Gordon
6/8/2004 11:51:54 AM
"Lapchien" <ccarswell@nospameclipse.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:10cb7aohcijetce@news.supernews.com...
> Stop the IIS Admin service.

Thanks for the answer!!!
0
Alexander
6/8/2004 1:05:37 PM
"Gordon" <grafzerk@bigfoot.no.spam.please.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:TaXFQAFtAAwCP3G4B2JnaZGCwJcf@4ax.com...
> Choose "Cancel" when install asks to search for further conflicts.
>
> svchost is used for several system functions, including the event
> system and network support. It is very likely that you'll still find
> it active after stopping each and every service on your system and can
> only be stopped by using some kind of 'kill' routine.
>
> Note that there is a difference between svchost which *MAY* conflict
> with installation and processes such as IIS which *WILL* conflict.

thanks for the answer!!!
0
Alexander