[ADV] - Need FileMaker Assistance? - We Can Help!!!

Good Day!

Excelisys provides professional consulting, custom development and design
services specializing in database solutions for Web, PDA, or LAN using
technologies like FileMaker, MySQL, Lasso, PHP, and XML. Our team will work
with you to develop a plan that precisely addresses your needs, and then
build your solution, mixing elegance with practicality. Your growth and
competitive positioning are determined by how you manage and react to
information. The Excelisys team has built a solid reputation by providing
leading edge technical and business expertise. You take care of today, while
we help you prepare for tomorrow. Excelisys is your long-term technology
partner.

Contact us today for a no-cost initial consultation!

EXCELISYS - http://www.excelisys.com
  E: info@excelisys.com
  V: 866-592-9235 (USA Toll Free Sales)
  V: 574-273-5805 (Direct/International)
    " Your Long-Term Technology Partner "
          Anywhere and Everywhere

- FSA Associate

0
Christo

To FileMaker, or not to FileMaker...
Hello Group, I am currently involved in a situation that has evolved over several years and would like a little insider information on FileMaker's suitability to our task. Situation: company has existing FileMaker database. It handles basic needs but really needs a redesign. Two years ago company decided to switch to a web browser interface (served by Zope) and a PostgreSQL dB running on Linux. Time passes, shoddy software company never delivers, money is spent, time is wasted. I came on the scene 4 months ago to "rescue" the situation. Now company is reconsidering leaving ...

Help!! customer Database | FileMaker
Im Creating A Customer Database for my company and i have about 100-120 pro= ducts and 200-250 customers most of my customers have a different price on = each product so i would like to know who can i make it that when I'm making= a invoice that once i put the product the price for that customer would au= tomatically appear what i have tried is making a new field on the starter solution for invoice= s in the product layout and making that new field connected to the Customer= ID and then connecting the Customer ID to the Price but i kinda got stuck = between it all can you pleas...

Connecting FileMaker to Cloud Database help!
Our company just implanted a new ERP database called NetSuite. We got a wha= t they call a suite analytics connect which is suppose to allow us to conne= ct to FileMaker via ODBC connection. The problem is whenever we go into the= external data source manager it wont pop up as an available DSN. I've alr= eady checked my systems DSN and I have all the drivers needed and I was abl= e to get a successful test connection. So bottom line questions are can FileMaker Pro 10 not connect to a cloud da= tabase or am I just not setting up the connection properly? Gloria Ramirez <glramirez326@gmail.com> writes: > Our company just implanted a new ERP database called NetSuite. We got > a what they call a suite analytics connect which is suppose to allow > us to connect to FileMaker via ODBC connection. The problem is > whenever we go into the external data source manager it wont pop up as > an available DSN. I've already checked my systems DSN and I have all > the drivers needed and I was able to get a successful test connection. > > So bottom line questions are can FileMaker Pro 10 not connect to a > cloud database or am I just not setting up the connection properly? You are on Win or Mac? Did you configure the odbc driver on your local box as system dsn (not user dsn!)? Did you use the 32-bit odbc manager (not 64-bit)? ~Jens ...

Synchronizing a solution database with a Filemaker 6 database
I have filemaker 6 Developer on my workplace computer and have built an extensive database of about 150 current clients which includes a few small relational database files. I would like to be able to modify a copy of this database and convert it into a solution to run on a notebook so I could update records at the time of a client visit and then synchronize them with the "central" database once I'm back on the network. I have thought about using the export and import features that both solutions and Filemaker have as a menu option, and wonder if anyone has successfully been ab...

FileMaker 6 and non-filemaker files
Hi, I'm trying to build some sort of knowledgebase, i.g. I want to be able to store, search and open different types of files: powerpoint, word, excel, pdf etc. I know I can import images and even PDF-files into FileMaker, but my database will rapidly grow in size in doing so. Next to that, it is possible to view the PDF in FileMaker, but printing would be difficult. Anyway, I am searching for a solution in which I can open a Word-doc in Word from FileMaker, same for Excel-files and powerpoint presentations and open Acrobat in order to view PDF's. If possible, I think I'l...

question filemaker assistant
Using claris homepage 3 filemaker assistant to publish a filemaker 4 data base. The question is how to edit the specifications once I have created the ..html files with claris. (Example-I created the site with the assistant but now I want to change one of the fields to be a drop-down menu. Do I do this through Claris or edit the HTML file?) I couldn't find an answer to this in the help. I don't see why you can't do it with Homepage. But since an HTML document is just a text file, you can edit it with any text editor. Enree Erzweglle wrote: > Using claris homepage 3 f...

Can this be done in FileMaker?
FileMaker Pro 6 on OS X Panther I sell small ads in weekly newspapers in the Southeast US, and I need to generate a report (invoice) for each newspaper showing how many ads each advertiser ran during each week of the month. I have a file that includes five fields: Newspaper Name, Date, Advertiser Name, Number of Ads, Cost of ads. Each time an ad runs, I create a new record. (Newspaper Name is a lookup from the related 'Newspaper Contacts' file.) I created global fields (fDate1), (fDate2), (fDate3), (fDate4), (fDate5) to hold the date of each week, and I created a calculation fi...

FileMaker Dev 7 on same machine as FileMaker Dev 6
My FMD 7 just arrived yesterday. I actually bothered to read the yellow paper that came with it. It says that I can't have any other version of FMD on my computer. But I wanted to be able to develop for people who don't have all of the system requirements to run FMD7 as well as FMD6. Has anyone else had this come up? Any suggestions besides installing and developing for two different machines? Jeanne Hi Jeanne I've been running FileMaker Dev 6 and 7 on the same machine for quite some time without any problems. Regards, Dmitri Jeanne wrote: > My FMD 7 just arrived yesterd...

VT100 & Filemaker Help
We have an old BASIC program at work that is accessed via a VT100 emulator. It is all text based and you have to remember codes to use the system. I'm wondering if it is possible to have Filemaker sit on top of it and give the illusion of dropdown functionality. But I don't know how filmaker would pass the values back and forth between systems. It is kind of like Filmaker would be a mask on top of the system. Is this possible ? -S In article <1108754968.763756.169250@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, squeed2000@yahoo.com wrote: > We have an old BASIC program at work tha...

FileMaker Database Development Tool
FileMaker Database Development Tool Free trial of FileMaker comes with the FileMaker business software kit. You???ll see why FileMaker received PC Magazine???s Editor???s Choice award for database software. http://www.ogogosina.cn/Database-Development.htm ...

Using filemaker 8 pro with filemaker 10 advanced server
Hello. I am running filemaker 8 pro on my workstations and filemaker 8 server. I want to upgrade the server to filemaker 10 advanced. Will filemaker 8 pro work with filemaker 10 advanced server or do I need to upgrade that to. On Mar 11, 3:04=A0am, Audrey <aud...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello. > I am running filemaker 8 pro on my workstations and filemaker 8 > server. =A0I want to upgrade the server to filemaker 10 advanced. =A0Will > filemaker 8 pro work with filemaker 10 advanced server or do I need to > upgrade that to. FMP 8 will work with FM10AS, but you won't be able to use the features of FMP10 on the clients. If you're doing it for web publishing only, you should be all right. ...

Filemaker Pro Database Schemas
My first message. Does anyone know of an easy way to print or export a schema depiction, either as SQL or a diagram, of a FileMaker Pro database? Thanks in advance, imLee Choose "Database Design Report" from the File menu. You can get the Design stored in a FP database (you can create layouts for what you want), or as an XML document. This may not be exactly what you're looking for though. imLee wrote: > My first message. > > Does anyone know of an easy way to print or export a schema depiction, > either as SQL or a diagram, of a FileMaker Pro database? > > Thanks in advance, > > imLee On 4/22/04 10:05 AM, in article de983614.0404220705.338bd64f@posting.google.com, "imLee" <google@dc-us.net> wrote: > My first message. > > Does anyone know of an easy way to print or export a schema depiction, > either as SQL or a diagram, of a FileMaker Pro database? > > Thanks in advance, > > imLee Use Visualizer from wmotion.com ...

Simple database, cheaper than Filemaker?
I got my sister to switch a couple of months ago. She needs a simple database to keep track of (1) ebay auctions she does [item, price, shipping costs, winner's address, whether she's gotten feedback yet, maybe even email-attachments or texts] and (2) job applications. Currently she's using Microsoft Excel, which is sort of doing the job, but is very clunky. Is there something easier and more user-friendly she can try out or get that's less expensive than Filemaker? In article <1h7kibc.nt8pvx1wf04zkN%no_email_address@hotmail.com>, no_email_address@hotmail.com (Sara ...

[Ann] New FileMaker Web Plug-in for FileMaker 4-8
FMWebschool releases new IPOST Web Plug-in for Windows. Now you can use one plug-in for FileMaker versions 4-8. Online demo movies, example files and user guide below. Have you ever wanted to: * Securely process credit cards with FileMaker * Have FileMaker download updates for your solution you provide to customers * Download stock quotes * Connect to secure websites and download the content * Download music files and play them in FileMaker * Download QuickTime, AIV and WAV files and play them in FileMaker * Query search engines * Grab charts and images from the web * Download text docume...

Help: FileMaker Developer 6
Hello, I have been developing FileMaker databases for a few years now and was recently hired to work on an older FileMaker 6 database. Unfortunately, I can no longer find my original FileMaker Developer 6 CD. After having exhausted my search to buy a copy on Craigslist, eBay, Amazon, and Google I am looking for some help. Is there any place that is still selling it? If not, could some kind soul help out their fellow man and provide a disk image of the FileMaker Developer 6 CD for me? Thanks, William On May 26, 12:18 pm, William.Crus...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > I have been developing FileMaker databases for a few years now and was > recently hired to work on an older FileMaker 6 database. > > Unfortunately, I can no longer find my original FileMaker Developer 6 > CD. After having exhausted my search to buy a copy on Craigslist, > eBay, Amazon, and Google I am looking for some help. > > Is there any place that is still selling it? If not, could some kind > soul help out their fellow man and provide a disk image of the > FileMaker Developer 6 CD for me? 1) I'm afraid I don't have dev 6. I skipped 6. 2) But really, do you actually *need* developer 6? Why not just pro 6? The developer editions in the 5/5.5/6 era only contained a couple useful extras that were rarely relevant. i.e. Unless you are packaging stand-alone runtimes "Dev 6" probably isn't strictly required. And if you don't need dev 6, just g...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

Help Wanted: Filemaker consultant
Hi, I need some long term help and advice. Here is some background. I am a novice (mostly) to Filemaker but am experienced developing database and other applications with script languages like Python and Perl. I am working in a small company that has a large legacy ERP application written in Filemaker Pro 6. The application is poorly thought out (it is rife with classical novice database designer errors) and is quite a mess (no consistent style whatsoever, no documentation), but it also contains useful insight into our business processes, has several good looking layouts, and of course is cu...

Database Benchmarks and Filemaker limits
Hello out there, for a database-project I need to evaluate database systems. Not only the execution time of statements is relevant. Another important characteristic I need to know is the expected maximum number of records that a database system can handle. Till today the client used Filemaker (version 6 with ~10'000 records), but the amount of records that will be acquired in the next time will dramatically increase. Therefore I need to know when the limits of Filemaker are reached and if necessary introduce a more capable db system. Does anybody have practical experinc...

How can i find words from database?if the database is so big?it can reduce the speed?
Please say me if the size of database become big what happen itcan reduce the speed - Compact the Database - Create proper Indexes - Make sure the database is Normalized Again, You need to post what Database you are using... -- Chris Hanscom MVP (Visual Basic) http://www.veign.com -- "mit" <mbzala@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4b7fd448.0406132308.681b6861@posting.google.com... > Please say me if the size of database become big what happen itcan reduce the speed ...

Connect Filemaker file to Access database
Hi, I am trying to connect a Filemaker file to my Access database, but it still won't work. Does any know how to connect the Filemaker file? Thank you Oscar faberov@raketnet.nl (Oscar) wrote in message news:<a8547355.0405050925.584f8e55@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > I am trying to connect a Filemaker file to my Access database, but it > still won't work. > > Does any know how to connect the Filemaker file? > > Thank you > > Oscar Hello Oscar, Perhaps you could ask the same question in comp.databases.filemaker if you don't get any answers here. Regards, Ray ...

Can filemaker differentiate a different case?
Hi I am new to filemaker pro and trying just starting to create fields in a database. My raw data referes to a dimension on a drawing on one side its 'd' and the other its 'D'. Is there a way filemaker can tell the difference between d and D or do I need to re-label one of them something completly different? Martin On 2007-11-06 07:31:33 -0800, "martin.a.john@gmail.com" <martin.a.john@gmail.com> said: > Hi > > I am new to filemaker pro and trying just starting to create fields in > a database. > My raw data referes to a dimension on a drawi...

FileMaker 7 Password problem with database
Dear FileMaker 7 users I decided to implement a password protection on my database file. I went to File-->File Options-->Open and Close In that tab - I changed the Account: which was 'Admin' to a new user name and added in a password as well. Now when I access it - I can't - it says i have the wrong password. I thought I might have mis-typed the password. so I tried this on a dummy database twice - and the same problem has happened. I can't access it with the new user account and password i entered. what have I done wrong? Is this database still salavagable? Thank yo...

Help: database can not be see from DBCA
Dear group, I am testing 1203 on linux, RAC. After I finished installing, and created database by DBCA, everything works fine. After that, I issued $srvctl remove database -d rac and then $srvctl add database -d rac -o /opt/oracle/10g $srvctl add instance -d rac -i rac1 -n vlinux1 $srvctl add instance -d rac -i rac2 -n vlinux2 Everything seems working fine, but my DBCA can not recognize my database. The "delete option","configuration option","service management" all greyed out. Can somebody help me here? Thanks On Oct 30, 10:01 am, emdproduct...@hotmail.com wrote: > Dear group, > > I am testing 1203 on linux, RAC. > > After I finished installing, and created database by DBCA, everything > works fine. > > After that, I issued > $srvctl remove database -d rac > and then > $srvctl add database -d rac -o /opt/oracle/10g > $srvctl add instance -d rac -i rac1 -n vlinux1 > $srvctl add instance -d rac -i rac2 -n vlinux2 > > Everything seems working fine, but my DBCA can not recognize my > database. The "delete option","configuration option","service > management" all greyed out. > > Can somebody help me here? > > Thanks Hi, No offense intended, but didn't you ask this same question two weeks ago? IIRC, people asked some questions about your setup, but you didn't respond. I would suggest tacking onto that thread rather than creating a new one...

How can I scan an ENTRY FORM into FILEMAKER
Need to scan a HAND WRITTEN ENTRY FORM (with around 12 fields - all set out on A5 paper) and then be able to export the data into FILERMAKER PRO 7. If I'm using say a CANON 8400F SCANNER with OmniPage SE Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software, I believe I'm on the right track to acheive this. Can someone assist me and also is there any place which would explain the procedure on how to set up this exercise....plain english would be much appreciated. When the resulting file is a tab delimited file (a tab between each field , a return between records) importing will go smoothly....

Help w/FileMaker Pro 7
Hello, I hope I'm in the right group for this question, if not, my apologies. I'm not a program or computer whiz but I've been using Filemaker Pro for over 10 years. Currently I'm using FMP7 on a Mac with OS10.4.9. Up until today I've never had a problem with the program. In our office we have several shared FMP7 files which are housed on our file server. We open up these shared files on our individual desk computers as authorized guests to the file server. I opened up these shared files this morning the same as always and tried to enter a new record into one of the dat...

Web resources about - [ADV] - Need FileMaker Assistance? - We Can Help!!! - comp.databases.filemaker

Election Assistance Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Election Assistance Commission ( EAC ) is an independent agency of the United States government created by the Help America Vote Act of 2002 ...

Bundaberg police investigating death call for public assistance
Bundaberg police appeal for public assistance after fishermen discovered the body of a man in Mullet Creek, Yandaran, norther of Bundaberg.

Police repeat call for assistance in Andrew Carville murder investigation
Police repeat call for assistance in Andrew Carville murder investigation.

Julian Assange requests Australian passport, consular assistance after UN ruling
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange called on Britain and Sweden to let leave the Ecuadorian embassy in London after a UN panel ruled he had been ...

Julian Assange requests Australian passport, consular assistance after UN ruling
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange called on Britain and Sweden to let leave the Ecuadorian embassy in London after a UN panel ruled he had been ...

Clive Palmer's ailing Queensland Nickel won't be receiving Federal Government assistance
Treasurer Scott Morrison refuses to bail out Clive Palmer's Queensland Nickel.

Democratic Election Assistance commissioner pushes back on state proof-of-citizenship requirements
Earlier this week, the Election Assistance Commission announced that it had granted requests from Kansas, Georgia and Alabama to require proof-of-citizenship ...

Government resubmits failed motion to compel Apple's assistance in NY iPhone case
Apple Insider Government resubmits failed motion to compel Apple's assistance in NY iPhone case Apple Insider The U.S. Department of Justice ...

Obama giving $80 million in assistance to Flint
President Barack Obama announced Thursday that his administration is giving $80 million in aid to Michigan to help with repairing infrastructure ...