[X-Post] ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX

Hello, first of all I have to apologize for the crosspost,
but I am kind of desperate.

I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too)
for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can
be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*.

I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access
this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc
connections.

Thank you for your help and patience,
--
Guido
0

Guido Spadotto wrote:
> Hello, first of all I have to apologize for the crosspost,
> but I am kind of desperate.
>
> I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too)
> for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can
> be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*.
>
> I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access
> this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc
> connections.
>
> Thank you for your help and patience,

Hi Guido,

	I've used DB2 Connect to connect to an AS400 via PHP on a Linux
machine. I haven't tried it on my Mac, but it's conceivable that it
could be installed on OS X via the terminal. Might be worth a look.

	Other than that... maybe Rumba (from NetManage) running in Virtual PC?

--
David Hennessy
http://david.maidix.com/

0
Lou
4/11/2006 3:24:35 PM
Have a look at this product.... http://odbcrouter.com/overview.shtml
Seems like what you want.

respect...

Peter

0
noone
4/11/2006 8:22:41 PM
>From the MacInTouch web site:

August Software updated ODBC Router, which enables applications on Mac,
Linux, and Windows systems to leverage vendor-supported Windows ODBC
drivers to gain access to mainframe, UNIX and Windows databases. The
update enables all versions of FileMaker Pro from 4.1 through 8.2 on
Mac OS X, Mac OS Classic and Windows to interact with databases managed
by IBM DB/2, SQL Server, MS-Access, ORACLE, MySQL, Rdb/VMS, VAX DBMS,
Informix, Ingres, PostgresSQL, TeraData, Red Brick, Universe and more.
ODBC Router is priced starting at $169.

0
noone
4/13/2006 1:36:37 PM
Hi Guido, I have the same problem. Can I contact you directly by e-mail ??
Kind regards.

Mirko Dondi
(Mantova)
mail: mirko.dondi@dondi.it
0
Mirko1961 (2)
5/27/2012 9:23:43 PM
Hi Guido, I have the same problem. Did you find a solution ??
Kind regards.
Mirko Dondi (Mantova) IT.
0
Mirko1961 (2)

[X-Post] ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX #2
Hello, I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | Sorry for the multiple posts, Guido > I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) > for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivale...

MySQL ODBC driver on Mac OS X
I want to install the myodbc driver on Mac OS X 10.3.4. I downloaded what I thought was the binary distribution from the MySQL site and was able to unstuff a folder named "MyODBC-standard-3.51.07-apple-darwin7.3-powerpc." I have it sitting on my desktop for the time being because I am finding seemingly conflicting reports on what to do with the files. The INSTALL-BINARY file explains what to expect but doesn't seem to be accurate. For example the following lines are taken right from said file: DRIVER BINARIES: - libmyodbc3-$VERSION.so ( Shared version...

Installing Filemaker ODBC Client Driver on OS X
I ahve followed the filemaker instruction for placing the OS X filemaker ODBC client drivers using the apple odbc administrator. It manages to pick up the 15MB driver when i put in the Sequel Link Bundle/contents bla bla bla into the driver file location. However there appears ot be no information about any setup file??? Anyway when i add a USER DSN it adds it, but cannot find it or open it properly to configure ports etc. Does anyone have any experience with this??? Help David ...

Re: MySQL ODBC driver on Mac OS X
Hi Scott, I had a similar problem. The instructions for driver installation mad no sense with respect to the contents of the package. I downloaded som packages from [url]http://www.serverlogistics.com/mysql.php[/url] an installed the drivers from there. That web page also has a link (a the bottom) to "Thomas Berger's OS X Tips" that contains some usefu information, though not everything works as described. I've got th ODBC driver installed, but not fully working yet. I know that I' communicating with the server (looking at the traffic log on th server), but ...

[News] Mac OS X Filemaker ODBC update released
From MacMinute.com ... Filemaker ODBC update released ------------------------------ � FileMaker has released a new ODBC update for Mac OS X for use with FileMaker Pro 7, Developer 7 and Server 7 Advanced. The update includes the FileMaker ODBC Client Driver for Mac OS X (10.3.x or 10.2.x), which was previously only available for Windows. "The ODBC Client Driver software gives Mac users the ability to use FileMaker products as an ODBC data source for sharing information with a wide range of Mac desktop, database or web applications. In...

OSX.2.x and OSX.3.x postscript from Office v.X
Scenario: Powerpoint slide presentation with all slides in landscape. Page setup for screen and print set for landscape. Print the file to ps output file. The postscript that results will not have the %%Orientation tag included so distilling into PDF will not come out landscape. The distiller app I use understands this tag but Powerpoint/Word or OSX/Cups are not including it. Does anyone know what it going on here? --MM ...

Gemini Webcam driver /non-mac webcam on mac os x
Hi, A friend of mine gifted me a gemini night vision webcam (http://www.geminitech.com). Problem is that neither the cd nor the website contain drivers for the mac os x 10.3.9 which I currently work on. I was wondering if there was anyway to get a non-mac webcam to work on os x 10.3.9? I've tried the ioxperts app, but it doesn't detect my camera. is there anyway to modify pluigin code? Or better yet is there an app out there that would let me use this usb 1.1 cam with my mac? Please help Sorry, the above web address for the manufacturer is wrong....it's http://www.geminihitech...

ODBC driver for Mac
Is it possible to get an Informix ODBC driver for the Mac? I don't see a suitable one on the downloads site. thanks -- Neil Truby t:01932 724027 Director m:07798 811708 Ardenta Limited e:neil.truby@ardenta.com [[ This message was both posted and mailed: see the "To," "Cc," and "Newsgroups" headers for details. ]] Hi, Neil -- Neil Truby <neil.truby@ardenta.com> wrote: > Is it possible to get an Informix ODBC driver for the Mac? > I don't see a suitable one on the downloads site. I cannot speak to Informix/IBM offerings, but I can tell you that OpenLink Software has a Multi-Tier solution which works for both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X, available today. If Informix Connect or the Informix Client SDK is ever ported to Mac OS X, OpenLink will also offer a Single-Tier solution, but until then, we cannot provide this option, as Single-Tier solutions are all dependent on this networking layer. The OpenLink Generic Multi-Tier Client is installed on the Mac, and the OpenLink Request Broker and Informix-specific Database Agent are installed on the Informix host (or on a third-tier "gateway" host, along with Informix Connect or the Informix Client SDK). Informix (or the third tier) may be running under many different operating systems, with more being added regularly. All OpenLink products may be downloaded from our...

XA Support for IBM DB2 ODBC Driver with IBM MQ as Transaction Manager
We are developing an AIX and Linux Host Application that will interact with IBM DB2 installed on separate AIX Box via unixODBC Driver Manager v2.3.2. The application is planned to work in XA with Transaction Manager been IBM MQ v7.x. Question Context: We tried creating the same application using IBM 'Embedded SQL' instead of 'unixODBC Driver Manager'. XA works very well but it doesn't work when used with the ODBC Driver. MQ been Transaction Manager, we have added 'IBM DB2' detail as a Resource Manager. 1. I need to know would using unixODBC Driver Manager...

ODBC lock Problem Btrieve 6.15 and Pervasive ODBC Driver 2.x
hello, first my english is bad. i have write a windows application that connect via pervasive odbc 2.x to a btrieve 6.15 database, when the application is startet from 5 pc the 6 start from pc 6 don't work, the btrieve tabel or database is locked? have btrieve 6.15 via odbc a conenction limit of 5 user ? can i set a higher max connection? is the odbc driver the limit? greetings js There was a special "Developer" version of Btrieve 6.15 that some developers incorrectly sent to their customers. The Developer engine had a limit of 5 users in it. You should be able to ch...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Gl...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brillian...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Hi all, It's been a busy week or two at Pixelglow Software. Here's a brand new version of Graphviz, all spit and polish now. You'll enjoy the integrated color and font panel support, hand cursor panning and remembered settings. And everyone's most asked for -- a single click on the Edit tool will now bring up the DOT code for you to edit, and of course when you save it the graph automatically re-renders. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/download/ Here's the lowdown: Added edit, render and stop toolbar items [PCh]. Added integrated font and color fields and panels. Adde...

Hi. Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his photo(graph)s? I recalled he did not like iPhoto and wonder if the new one is any better. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Every ruler...

PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy
Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: (excuse the mispronunciation; punny licence) It seems that Mac OS X has partially documented issues (http://altair.ific.uv.es/~JaxoDraw/Bugparade/bugparade.htm, http://developer.apple.com/java/faq/issues.html#anchor6) with the generation of EPS, and I'm trying to find a workaround. The Preview application cannot export to eps, but it can read it (converting it to PDF). If I use Adobe Acrobat to read the PDF generated by Preview, the EPS it generates sometimes (inconsistently) causes dvips to make an unreadable file. What I'm trying to do is the followi...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver when connecting to a DB2 database using driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource
Hi, I want to get connection to a DB2 database using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource. I have also included 'db2java.zip' in the classpath. However I am getting the exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at Conn.main(Conn.java:44) The code that I am using (with try/catch removed) is as follows: String url = "jdbc:db2:sample"; String driver = "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource"; String dbuser = "db2u...

Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier)
Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier) Nothing can be more frustrating than turning on your Mac only to find that it won't start up. Instead of seeing the Finder, you see a blue or gray screen, an icon of a broken folder, a kernel panic, a flashing question mark, or a computer that just sits there. What can you do? Don't worry. It could be a simple issue that you can fix yourself. Note: This article applies to Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier. Tip: If your computer won't start at all, skip to "You see a blank, gray screen" below. The first step ...

BUG #1281: I cannot find the ODBC driver in available ODBC drivers
The following bug has been logged online: Bug reference: 1281 Logged by: Thomas Reinelöv Email address: thorei@edita.se PostgreSQL version: 8.0 Beta Operating system: Win2000 Description: I cannot find the ODBC driver in available ODBC drivers Details: After installation of the postgressql driver whithout any errors I cannot find the driver when trying to add it by Settings-ControlPAnel-Administration Tool- Datasource ODBC. When I try to add a System DSN I will not find the Postgres SQL in the available list. I see all the othe...

unix odbc drivers for as400
hi everyone, apparently, IBM removed their unix odbc drivers from their webpage, so I was wondering if any of you guys have it lying arround?, it would be a lot of help! thanks in advance. fel <felipevaldez@gmail.com> wrote in news:7f114a0b-3b02-4a43-afaa- 8dd368d29024@z34g2000vbl.googlegroups.com: > hi everyone, apparently, IBM removed their unix odbc drivers from > their webpage, so I was wondering if any of you guys have it lying > arround?, > > it would be a lot of help! > > > thanks in advance. > > as far as i know IBM never made an ODBC dri...

Mac X Max OSX?
Sorry All for this dumb question. I am not a Mac person. When software refers to being for the Mac X and Mac OSX operating systems, are those the same thing? Thx. (told you it was dumb) -- Regards, Anthony Giorgianni The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back to the newsgroup. On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:31:17 GMT, Anthony Giorgianni wrote: > Sorry All for this dumb question. I am not a Mac person. > When software refers to being for the Mac X and Mac OSX operating systems, > are those the same thing? > Thx. (told you it was dumb) Probably,...

Mac OS 9.x included in Mac OS X?
Hi, I read that Mac OS X has a so-called classic mode which emulates Mac OS 9.x so that older applications can still be run. Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought separately? Peter >Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include >Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought >separately? If you buy the installer for OS X it *does not* include OS 9. You generally use the copy of OS 9 that came with your computer in order to install C...

Web resources about - [X-Post] ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX - comp.databases.filemaker

The Cincinnati Reds' Brandon Phillips gave a drunk heckler a signed ball (x-post r/sports) - Imgur
Imgur is home to the web's most popular image content, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing. ...

Found this today in a building... (x-post from /r/sysadmin) : networking
I think this is more of a network cabling thing. http://i.imgur.com/A8gDXrU.png I mean the installation isnt that old to find something like... ...

Bob Ross without his trademark fro looks like Bryan Cranston (x-post : r/oldschoolcool) - Imgur
The most viral images on the internet, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing.

Hail in Siberia after long heat wave. (x-post r/wtf) - Imgur
The most viral images on the internet, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing.

Store owner who was robbed by Micheal Brown had his store looted tonight. (x-post /r/pics) - Imgur
The most viral images on the internet, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing.

Single photo with a phone (x-post from r/aww) - Imgur
The most viral images on the internet, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing.

I've got 911 ready to dial (x-post from OSHA) - Imgur
The Internet's visual storytelling community. Explore, share, and discuss the best visual stories the Internet has to offer.

Just hanging out (x-post r/sloths) - Imgur
Imgur is used to share photos with social networks and online communities, and has the funniest pictures from all over the Internet.

Awkward Glamour Shots (x-post) - Imgur