Apologies (adv)...

Sorry for ads folks, been playing with some settings and it seems as though
I made a little boo boo! These were not supposed to go out like they did.

Sorry for the added clutter!

--
Christo - (Christopher R. Lowe)
Director of Business Development & Marketing

0
The

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Using a Filemaker Database on a computer with no Filemaker installed
I have created a basic database with a form using Filemaker pro. I would like for a user to be able to use it, but they don't have any version of Filemaker on their computer. I was under the impression that I this could be done. Is there some type of "packaging" I have to do before hand? Thanks Chaz You Have to use Fmpro Developper version to create a Runtime version of you solution. "Xaos" <zahc76@aol.com> a �crit dans le message de news:fnuhd.5718$6z2.2747408@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... > I have created a basic database with a form using Filemaker pro....

Synchronizing a solution database with a Filemaker 6 database
I have filemaker 6 Developer on my workplace computer and have built an extensive database of about 150 current clients which includes a few small relational database files. I would like to be able to modify a copy of this database and convert it into a solution to run on a notebook so I could update records at the time of a client visit and then synchronize them with the "central" database once I'm back on the network. I have thought about using the export and import features that both solutions and Filemaker have as a menu option, and wonder if anyone has successfully been ab...

How many times can we see the same request from someone who wants to access data from a 'pick' database through what has come to be 'standard' practices (odbc, oledb) and still get the same old sloppy ' buy this proprietary utility (and above all, my services)' answer. I think most of these pick flavors should have some sort of layer (by now!) to handle this; If someone needs to do this, the service is really 'education' i.e to show them how. Lets cut the shit now and stop with this tired and silly BS and sad marketing schlock. Regards, -Jim ...

To FileMaker, or not to FileMaker...
Hello Group, I am currently involved in a situation that has evolved over several years and would like a little insider information on FileMaker's suitability to our task. Situation: company has existing FileMaker database. It handles basic needs but really needs a redesign. Two years ago company decided to switch to a web browser interface (served by Zope) and a PostgreSQL dB running on Linux. Time passes, shoddy software company never delivers, money is spent, time is wasted. I came on the scene 4 months ago to "rescue" the situation. Now company is reconsidering leaving ...

Is There a Simple Way to Get the Database Design Report into a FileMaker Database?
I am amazed this isn't one of the native options. If I knew how, I guess I could write an XML import script to do it. Perhaps one is available somewhere? -- Nelson Well fmp have a long time ago come up with seperate versions. The current advanced version has this, but with some work you could build it your self and emulate this. -- Keep well / Hou je goed Ursus "Nelson" <nelson@nowhere.com> schreef in bericht news:0001HW.C6B40D6800B77F1BF0182648@news.astraweb.com... >I am amazed this isn't one of the native options. If I knew how, I > guess I could ...

newbie to FileMaker, but not databases
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone had some good tutorials or sites for people with lots of database experience, but none of it in FileMaker. I've been asked to help out on a project that includes an interface built on FileMaker. Specifically I'm trying to add validation to various fields. I've mostly used Microsoft Sql Server as well as some MySql. Any and all help is appreciated! I think www.lynda.com has some great tutorials on FMP, but it is a paid site. "justin" <justin.creasy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:6a9ff5bd-48fd-495d-a8f0-54717f3f3de1@f3g2000...

Sync Filemaker Databases
I want to run two copies of FM server and have them keep in sync and have client switch automatically if one fails. I want them on either side of my firewall. Can anyone recommend software that will do this. -- Al Lawrance "Filemaker" <ajlawrance@shaw.ca> writes: > I want to run two copies of FM server and have them keep in sync and > have client switch automatically if one fails. > I want them on either side of my firewall. Can anyone recommend > software that will do this. http://syncdek.com/syncdek/uses/multiple_sites.html -jens -- http://jensteich.d...

Filemaker 7 database
Hello, I want to access a Filemaker 7 database on my Mac using an ODBC-Connection of Mathematica 5.1. I defined a System-DSN and using it I can access the tables using Excel X for Mac. So in Mathematica I type the following: Needs["DatabaseLink`"] conn2 = OpenSQLConnection[ JDBC["odbc", "Aufgabenliste"], Username -> "Admin", Password -> "Admin"] Mathematica answers: JDBC::error: JDBC error: sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver $Failed What might be my mistake? Thanks Roman F...

(FileMaker Pro Advanced OR FileMaker Pro) AND/OR (FileMaker Server OR FileMaker Server Advanced)
Hi We are getting close to purchase of FileMaker for a small network of 2 Apple Macs. Before I place an order I wonder if a little advice could be offered regarding the different versions of FileMaker available. We will be creating a new database using FileMaker and guess we would need to purchase FileMaker Pro 8.5 (Preferably Advanced?) and FileMaker Server 8 (Advanced?). Sorry if these are basic questions, but I am new to networking of computers. Many thanks, Jeff -- Please do not reply to the address of rhubarb@gosdensremovals.co.uk as we do not read or write using this email add...

apology
Folks, I put up a lot of posts recently that were coming from a bad mood and dissatisfaction with some troubles that I was having with a new computer system. After re-reading some of them, it appears that I was sporting for an argument. In future, I'll try to approach things with a better attitude and a more mature demeanor. Thanks for all your help. On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:31:59 -0800, hep me wrote (in article <hepme-083A7D.13315926022006@sunsite.dk>): > Folks, I put up a lot of posts recently that were coming from a bad mood > and dissatisfaction with some troubles t...

Open a database from a database
I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim I don't know the answer, but I do know that when you use OpenDatabase the code in a startup form of that database does work. Martin "Jim Devenish" schreef in bericht news:0b4510ac-d415-4c2c-b200-7546aae178a4@gu8...

Making a database of files with filemaker
I was wondering if it was possible to make a database with the link to some files in it. I have about 500 pdf files that I want to categorise, input keyword and to be searchable. I need to be able to acces to the files directly from the database (by double clicking for exemple). I was wondering if it is possible to do that with file maker since I already have it. But if you know an other software that would be even better I am ready to take any suggestion. Thx for your help John Hello You could do that with Fm6 easily. Import a folder (reference only) and use a quicktime container field...

Database Benchmarks and Filemaker limits
Hello out there, for a database-project I need to evaluate database systems. Not only the execution time of statements is relevant. Another important characteristic I need to know is the expected maximum number of records that a database system can handle. Till today the client used Filemaker (version 6 with ~10'000 records), but the amount of records that will be acquired in the next time will dramatically increase. Therefore I need to know when the limits of Filemaker are reached and if necessary introduce a more capable db system. Does anybody have practical experinc...

[ADV]
Excelisys provides professional consulting, custom development and design services specializing in database solutions for Web, PDA, or LAN using technologies like FileMaker, MySQL, Lasso, PHP, and XML. Our team will work with you to develop a plan that precisely addresses your needs, and then build your solution, mixing elegance with practicality. Your growth and competitive positioning are determined by how you manage and react to information. The Excelisys team has built a solid reputation by providing leading edge technical and business expertise. You take care of today, while we help you p...

Web resources about - Apologies (adv)... - comp.databases.filemaker

With Apologies to Jesse Jackson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" With Apologies to Jesse Jackson " is the eleventh season premiere of the American animated television series South Park , and the 152nd overall ...

The President continues to offer up apologies....When tolerance becomes a one way street it leads to ...
Congressman Allen West hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel The President continues to offer up apologies....When tolerance becomes a one way street ...

LGBT Real-Name Controversy: Facebook Apologies, Promises Changes
Facebook promised to overhaul its reporting and enforcement process regarding its real-name policy in an effort to quell the controversy that ...

faroo_p2p: Apologies
faroo_p2p: Apologies - our site is temporarily down due to a @1and1 outage. We hope to be back soon.

Our apologies for today’s outage. - Twitter Blogs
We are sorry. Many of you came to Twitter earlier today expecting, well, Twitter. Instead, between around 8:20am and 9:00am PT, users around ...

FAU professor makes no apologies for calling Connecticut school massacre a hoax - YouTube
By Miranda Grossman / CBS 12 NewsBOCA RATON, Fla. A South Florida professor's questions about the Newtown, Conn., elementary school massacre ...

Bieber late again for Dubai show - no apologies
Bieber's concert exposed the risks of a tightly choreographed performance, as there was no room for mistakes - or, as it turned out, an overeager ...

Premier apologies to Palmyra homeowners but homes could still be bulldozed
Premier Colin Barnett has apologised to the Palmyra homeowners whose homes could be bulldozed to make way for a freeway, blaming Main Roads for ...

No-excuse excuses are a very close relation to non-apology apologies
No-excuse excuses are a very close relation to non-apology apologies

AFL chief makes no apologies for more rule changes
ANDREW Demetriou yesterday delivered a raised middle figure to the majority of fans who urge the league to leave the game alone.