Book Advice

Hi to all,

I'm in filemaker since March 2003, i have learnt the basics reading
program's help and, of course this newsgroup. I'm creating a kiosk solution
for my work and i think i need some extra help, i'm from Spain and there
are not advanced books in spanish, so i  must buy it in english, will
someone of you recommend some books, and where can i find them (amazon,
....)?

What do you think about "Filemaker Pro 6 Bible" ?

Is there any possibility to find anything in pdf format?

I will like to learn more in relationships, web, server, etc.

Thanks for your help.

Javier

jjavilXXXXXXXX@XXXXXXono.com
0
Memnoch

Memnoch <Memnoch666@XXXtiscali.es> wrote in message news:<Xns93A770B61F101Memnoch666XXXtiscali@62.42.230.225>...
> Hi to all,
>
> I'm in filemaker since March 2003, i have learnt the basics reading
> program's help and, of course this newsgroup. I'm creating a kiosk solution
> for my work and i think i need some extra help, i'm from Spain and there
> are not advanced books in spanish, so i  must buy it in english, will
> someone of you recommend some books, and where can i find them (amazon,
> ...)?
>
> What do you think about "Filemaker Pro 6 Bible" ?
>
> Is there any possibility to find anything in pdf format?
>
> I will like to learn more in relationships, web, server, etc.
>

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Javier
>

> jjavilXXXXXXXX@XXXXXXono.com

This takes you to a list of the "most popular" Filemaker books..

http://www.lowth.com/cgi-bin/amazon/browse.pl/4085/269902
0
chris

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Books, books, books!!!
I'm cleaning out my bookshelves and I have tons of Unix/Linux books to give away. (Also, networking, programming languages, internet stuff, etc.) If you live near Columbus, NJ (just south of Trenton), contact me ASAP to set a date for pick up. On Sunday night, they go into the recycling bin. Cy Burnot has written on 7/28/2011 8:27 PM: > I'm cleaning out my bookshelves and I have tons of Unix/Linux books to > give away. (Also, networking, programming languages, internet stuff, etc.) > > If you live near Columbus, NJ (just south of Trenton), contact me ASAP &g...

Books, Books, Books...
On-Line C/C++ Books http://chameleon.voxnet.gr/Books/index.php?key=cplusplus The most good books for me are "The C++ Programming Language" & "Thinking in C++" "Paul Gessos, a.k.a Chameleon" <cham_gss@hotmail.com> wrote: > On-Line C/C++ Books > > http://chameleon.voxnet.gr/Books/index.php?key=cplusplus Dear Paul, I temporarily disabled my news filters and found that you are posting anti-semitic crap again (see http://tinyurl.com/6tm3g, http://tinyurl.com/5bk26). Take your bullshit elsewhere. Jonathan Jonathan Turkanis schrie...

RESOUR> [NetGold] BOOKS NEWS AND DISCUSSION : DATABASES: NEWS: Google Studies Creation of Book Database
From: NetHappenings Moderator Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:58:48 -0600 To: comp.internet.net-happenings Subject: RESOUR> [NetGold] BOOKS NEWS AND DISCUSSION : DATABASES: NEWS: Google Studies Creation of Book Database ************************************************************** Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround ************************************************************** Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:24:42 -0500 (EST) From: David P. Dillard <jwne@temple.edu> To: NetGold <NetGold@yahoogroups.com> Subject: [NetGold] BOOKS NEWS AND DISCUSSION : DATABASES: NE...

Synchronizing a solution database with a Filemaker 6 database
I have filemaker 6 Developer on my workplace computer and have built an extensive database of about 150 current clients which includes a few small relational database files. I would like to be able to modify a copy of this database and convert it into a solution to run on a notebook so I could update records at the time of a client visit and then synchronize them with the "central" database once I'm back on the network. I have thought about using the export and import features that both solutions and Filemaker have as a menu option, and wonder if anyone has successfully been ab...

Using a Filemaker Database on a computer with no Filemaker installed
I have created a basic database with a form using Filemaker pro. I would like for a user to be able to use it, but they don't have any version of Filemaker on their computer. I was under the impression that I this could be done. Is there some type of "packaging" I have to do before hand? Thanks Chaz You Have to use Fmpro Developper version to create a Runtime version of you solution. "Xaos" <zahc76@aol.com> a �crit dans le message de news:fnuhd.5718$6z2.2747408@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... > I have created a basic database with a form using Filemaker pro....

How many times can we see the same request from someone who wants to access data from a 'pick' database through what has come to be 'standard' practices (odbc, oledb) and still get the same old sloppy ' buy this proprietary utility (and above all, my services)' answer. I think most of these pick flavors should have some sort of layer (by now!) to handle this; If someone needs to do this, the service is really 'education' i.e to show them how. Lets cut the shit now and stop with this tired and silly BS and sad marketing schlock. Regards, -Jim ...

book advice
hi is there anyone can suggest me a good book to learn python? i read many = but there is always something unclear or examples which give me errors. how can I start building a sound educational background thanks for any help=20 best regards= On Friday, March 1, 2013 8:59:12 PM UTC, leonardo selmi wrote: > hi >=20 >=20 >=20 > is there anyone can suggest me a good book to learn python? i read many b= ut there is always something unclear or examples which give me errors. >=20 > how can I start building a sound educational background >=20 >=20 >...

database advice
I'm building a database app (in Perl) and have a database question. Ordinarily, when you have a many to many relationship, such as patient/ diagnosis, you deal with it by having a conversion table, where (for example) patients are not unique, diagnoses are not unique, but a patient/diagnosis combination is unique. I my app, I have this situation, but this approach seems to cumbersome and I quite frankly think it will take too much of an effort for the little bit of utility that I need, because I don't need to access diagnoses, just display them, and only display them on infrequent oc...

Book advice
Hello All, I'm investigating moving some Access 2003 applications over to SQL Server 2005, using Access ADP as the front-end. It's would also be very important to use stored procedures and unbound Access forms. I don't really need help on stored procedures or SQL server specifically, more how to implement the particular scenario I outlined Are there any books/internet resources out there that people would recommend? Any help would be much appreciated. TIA. Mo <99m.a.joomun@99qmul.ac.uk> wrote: >I'm investigating moving some Access 2003 applications over to S...

Database advice
Just had someone ask me what database would be suggested to do generally pretty basic things with their data, but they do want an imbedded web view to view both public data (Google Maps and Wikipedia) and some private data. They also need to be able to use PDFs and, hopefully though not necessarily, Flash from *within* the database (sending and receiving data from a Flash application). It would be best if it could run on both Mac and Windows machines. I would *assume* other databases do this, but the only one I know for sure that does this is FileMaker Pro. Any thoughts? -- ��A partial su...

The Book of books
The brutally frank but politically incorrect Book, HOMO, 99 AND 100% NONSAPIENS, that dared to tell the truth about religion, politics, and RACE which the powers that be desperately attempted to suppress is now FREE at: http://www.glorentz.com No one's education is complete until this book has been read. ...

Knowledgeable yet simple book for database modelling or database design
Hi All, Can u please suggest me some books for relational database design or database modelling(Knowledgeable yet simple) i.e. from which we could learn database relationships(one to many,many to one etc.....),building ER diagrams,proper usage of ER diagrams in our database(Primary key foreign key relations),designing small modules,relating tables and everything that relates about database design....Coz I think database design is the crucial part of database and we must know the design part very first before starting up with databases..... Thanks and very grateful to all of you.... Vikas &...

Booking database
I am trying to construct an Access database to be used for making bookings to share vehicles. The user has to be able to select a starting date and time and an ending date and time. However, when the user tries to select a period already booked the system needs to object and not allow it. Any ideas how this can be achieved? Mike Glazer Use the BeforeUpdate event of the form to run the check and see if this vehicle is already booked. You can do that with a DLookup() if you get the Criteria argument right. The basic idea is that there is a clash between event A and event B if: A s...

Databases Books
What are the best and most database books important that I should read explaining the relationships between databases . hi, > What are the best and most database books important that I should read > explaining the relationships between databases . once again : Clipper 5 a Developer�s Guide (J.D.Booth, G.Lief,C.Yellick) ISBN 0-13-138322-1 Steve Straley Seminars : Clipper 5 (S.J.Straley) ISBN 0-553-37059-6 Advanced Programming in Clipper with C (S.J.Straley) ISBN 0-201-51735-3 Clipper Developer�s Library (J.Occhiogrosso) ISBN 0-915391-39-2 Programming in Clipper 5 (M.Schinkel, J.K...

Database Advice
Hidey-ho. I'm thinking of getting into database development in Cocoa, after a decade-plus hiatus from authoring apps like 4D. Open-source and Unix seem like the way to go, obviously, and there are lots of tools to help you fool with the structure independently of the interface. But there's just _so_ much to wade through. It looks like out of the two engines of choice, MySQL & PostgreSQL, the former is better supported in the OS X world. Is that an accurate conclusion? I was hoping for a little more PostgresQL... oh well Given the selection of MySQL, then I need...

Web resources about - Book Advice - comp.databases.filemaker

Advice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Agile Advice – Working With Agile Methods (Scrum, OpenAgile, Lean) - All Things Agile: Scrum, OpenAgile ...
Each team member thinks about how much effort the team will expend to fully complete all the work for the item. Comparing this work to the work ...

What Is The Best Advice Facebook VP Of HR Lori Goler Ever Got?
The best advice Facebook Vice President of Human Resources Lori Goler ever received came from Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg , according ...

Jobs & Job Search Advice, Employment & Careers - Careerbuilder.com
Looking for a new job? Get advice or search over 1.6 million jobs on the largest job site, set alerts to be first in line and have new jobs emailed ...

Some advice for the world's no. 4
Some advice for the world's no. 4.

Friendly advice, Donald, and I do mean friendly...
Either cut the crap - your accusations this morning that Cruz is Canadian, a criminal, owned by big banks, etc. (see link below) - or you will ...

Interviewing at Facebook? Advice from Facebook’s Engineering Hiring Manager, Dave Fetterman
Despite all the speculation in the marketplace, Facebook is still hiring – especially in engineering. The company is growing out multiple groups ...

Life Advice (@ozlifeadvice) on Twitter