colored Field

FM8 advanced, winXP
I have created a solution with a colored field behind a textfield. The color
is blank when there is some text inside the textfield, the color is red when
the field is empty. So far so good. I put the colorfield behind the
textfield. When in browsemode I see the empty field is red, which is what I
want. But now I go into ANY field and I can't see the color any more. all
the field on my layout turn white, thus blanking whatever is behind them.

I could ofcourse make the colorfield slightly larger then the text field,
thus would leave a red border around the empty fioeld. But tis is not as
eye-catching as a whole field turning red.
The field is transparent.

Any idea's on this?

--
Keep Well,
Ursus

0
ursus
1/17/2006 3:45:45 PM
comp.databases.filemaker 10984 articles. 0 followers. amosw01 (46) is leader. Post Follow

In the "Layout Setup" menu deselect the checkbox
"Show fied frames when record is active".
Once done, only the field in which the cursor is will be white, all
others will keep their origional color / transparency.

In my opinion this should be the default option but FM insists on it
being the other way around.

0
FP
1/17/2006 7:55:22 PM
You are quite right, but this is not the solution to my question.

There is only one field on the layout (and a color behind it) When I go into
this field it looses it's transparantcy and I can't see the color any more.
Is there a way to avoid this?

Ursus

"FP" <ab@pottnerconsulting.ca> schreef in bericht
> In the "Layout Setup" menu deselect the checkbox
> "Show fied frames when record is active".
> Once done, only the field in which the cursor is will be white, all
> others will keep their origional color / transparency.
>
> In my opinion this should be the default option but FM insists on it
> being the other way around.

0
ursus
1/18/2006 7:24:49 PM
ursus.kirk wrote:
> You are quite right, but this is not the solution to my question.
>
> There is only one field on the layout (and a color behind it) When I go into
> this field it looses it's transparantcy and I can't see the color any more.
> Is there a way to avoid this?

No.  When clicking into a field, it is either the background color of
the field (if field is not transparent) or the color of the layout part
(if the field is transparent).

Howard Schlossberg              (818) 883-2846
FM Pro Solutions       Los Angeles, California

FileMaker 7 Certified Developer
Howard
1/18/2006 7:50:02 PM
You may be interested in the trick found on John Mark Osborne - http:/
/www.databasepros.com/ - called COOL.fp5.
I think the whole idea is that when you select a transparent field the
background color of the layout itself is the color you see. In your
case - I may be wrong - you could set the layout color to red then
supimpose a large square say in beige, then on top your fields etc. I
think - I didn't try - if you click on your field it will show a red
background.
Remi-Noel

"ursus.kirk" <secret@nowhere.com> a �crit ...
> FM8 advanced, winXP
> I have created a solution with a colored field behind a textfield. The
> color is blank when there is some text inside the textfield, the color
> is red when the field is empty. So far so good. I put the colorfield
> behind the textfield. When in browsemode I see the empty field is red,
> which is what I want. But now I go into ANY field and I can't see the
> color any more. all the field on my layout turn white, thus blanking
> whatever is behind them.
> I could ofcourse make the colorfield slightly larger then the text
> field, thus would leave a red border around the empty fioeld. But tis
> is not as eye-catching as a whole field turning red.
> The field is transparent.
> Any idea's on this?
> Keep Well,
> Ursus

0
Remi
1/18/2006 8:01:17 PM
In article <11st6va9t10q18a@corp.supernews.com>,
howard@antispahm.fmprosolutions.com says...
> ursus.kirk wrote:
> > You are quite right, but this is not the solution to my question.
> >
> > There is only one field on the layout (and a color behind it) When I go into
> > this field it looses it's transparantcy and I can't see the color any more.
> > Is there a way to avoid this?
>
> No.  When clicking into a field, it is either the background color of
> the field (if field is not transparent) or the color of the layout part
> (if the field is transparent).

In this case why not just make the field background the same as the
colour behind it?

If you are relying on tricks etc with transparent field layering and/or
container fields then unfortunately you've bumped into one of the
limitations of those tricks.

-regards,
Dave
This is not available when I select the "Layout Setup" menu? I am FM 6
on Windows.

Thanks,

Tony

0