colored Field

FM8 advanced, winXP
I have created a solution with a colored field behind a textfield. The color
is blank when there is some text inside the textfield, the color is red when
the field is empty. So far so good. I put the colorfield behind the
textfield. When in browsemode I see the empty field is red, which is what I
want. But now I go into ANY field and I can't see the color any more. all
the field on my layout turn white, thus blanking whatever is behind them.

I could ofcourse make the colorfield slightly larger then the text field,
thus would leave a red border around the empty fioeld. But tis is not as
eye-catching as a whole field turning red.
The field is transparent.

Any idea's on this?

--
Keep Well,
Ursus

0
ursus
1/17/2006 3:45:45 PM
comp.databases.filemaker 11108 articles. 0 followers. amosw01 (46) is leader. Post Follow

In the "Layout Setup" menu deselect the checkbox
"Show fied frames when record is active".
Once done, only the field in which the cursor is will be white, all
others will keep their origional color / transparency.

In my opinion this should be the default option but FM insists on it
being the other way around.

0
FP
1/17/2006 7:55:22 PM
You are quite right, but this is not the solution to my question.

There is only one field on the layout (and a color behind it) When I go into
this field it looses it's transparantcy and I can't see the color any more.
Is there a way to avoid this?

Ursus

"FP" <ab@pottnerconsulting.ca> schreef in bericht
> In the "Layout Setup" menu deselect the checkbox
> "Show fied frames when record is active".
> Once done, only the field in which the cursor is will be white, all
> others will keep their origional color / transparency.
>
> In my opinion this should be the default option but FM insists on it
> being the other way around.

0
ursus
1/18/2006 7:24:49 PM
ursus.kirk wrote:
> You are quite right, but this is not the solution to my question.
>
> There is only one field on the layout (and a color behind it) When I go into
> this field it looses it's transparantcy and I can't see the color any more.
> Is there a way to avoid this?

No.  When clicking into a field, it is either the background color of
the field (if field is not transparent) or the color of the layout part
(if the field is transparent).

Howard Schlossberg              (818) 883-2846
FM Pro Solutions       Los Angeles, California

FileMaker 7 Certified Developer
Howard
1/18/2006 7:50:02 PM
You may be interested in the trick found on John Mark Osborne - http:/
/www.databasepros.com/ - called COOL.fp5.
I think the whole idea is that when you select a transparent field the
background color of the layout itself is the color you see. In your
case - I may be wrong - you could set the layout color to red then
supimpose a large square say in beige, then on top your fields etc. I
think - I didn't try - if you click on your field it will show a red
background.
Remi-Noel

"ursus.kirk" <secret@nowhere.com> a �crit ...
> FM8 advanced, winXP
> I have created a solution with a colored field behind a textfield. The
> color is blank when there is some text inside the textfield, the color
> is red when the field is empty. So far so good. I put the colorfield
> behind the textfield. When in browsemode I see the empty field is red,
> which is what I want. But now I go into ANY field and I can't see the
> color any more. all the field on my layout turn white, thus blanking
> whatever is behind them.
> I could ofcourse make the colorfield slightly larger then the text
> field, thus would leave a red border around the empty fioeld. But tis
> is not as eye-catching as a whole field turning red.
> The field is transparent.
> Any idea's on this?
> Keep Well,
> Ursus

0
Remi
1/18/2006 8:01:17 PM
In article <11st6va9t10q18a@corp.supernews.com>,
howard@antispahm.fmprosolutions.com says...
> ursus.kirk wrote:
> > You are quite right, but this is not the solution to my question.
> >
> > There is only one field on the layout (and a color behind it) When I go into
> > this field it looses it's transparantcy and I can't see the color any more.
> > Is there a way to avoid this?
>
> No.  When clicking into a field, it is either the background color of
> the field (if field is not transparent) or the color of the layout part
> (if the field is transparent).

In this case why not just make the field background the same as the
colour behind it?

If you are relying on tricks etc with transparent field layering and/or
container fields then unfortunately you've bumped into one of the
limitations of those tricks.

-regards,
Dave
This is not available when I select the "Layout Setup" menu? I am FM 6
on Windows.

Thanks,

Tony

0
Tony

Printing overlays in color
I know there are thousands of posts and articles out there on this, but I s= eem to get lost in vast number of ways to do this. What I want to do is find the easiest and most cost effective way to elimin= ate our pre-printed color invoice forms. What I don't want is a 3rd party = software that we get locked into a yearly maintenance contact. =20 We currently use HP printers using Remote OUTQs/LAN and *HPT. I have no pr= oblem creating and using B&W overlays with the Windows AFP drivers. Since = we are on V6R1 I also once tried using a color AFP driver to create the ove= ...

Color.white vs. Color.WHITE
Way back some AWT colors was predefined as Color.white etc. Then SUN realized this apparent naming style violation and added Color.WHITE etc. As a client application developer I must now choose between the non-standard (and possibly soon-to-be-deprecated) Color.white and the not-backwards-compatible Color.WHITE. I've ended up with new Color (255, 255, 255) instead. Which proves that improvements doesn't always bring the (computing) world forward :-) > Way back some AWT colors was predefined as Color.white etc. > > Then SUN realized this apparent naming style violation ...

splitting the record on field difference basis...
Dear all I have a file(# delimiter) with records like... Name # Id # received amount # masteramount Jason # 137 # 235.00 # 468.00 Jack # 709 # 700.00 # 350.00 James # 555 # 1000.00 # 300.00 I want to split the records into to two by exceeding amount, where the difference between the 3rd and 4th field is excess. When amount is excess the third field should be replaced with 4th field... The required file is.. Name # Id # received amount # masteramount Jason # 137 # 235.00 # 468.00 Jack # 709...

DSum([Field) in Subform where its current-records are stored with all subform records
Being fairly inexperienced at Access 2000, i've been reading many posts here for the last several days, and testing myself to find the best approach to do the following in A2K: SET UP: I have created a MainTable (and related form), which has an associated SubForm (popup) along with its underlying, separate Table. The tables' relationship is one to many respectively. The primary key for the MainTable is the ClientId, and the foreign key in the SubForm's Table. The MainForm shows a beginning balance, and allows users to select an add-transaction button. If they do, then a data-e...

Colored pointers
Sir: Does anyone know if IBM fixed the problem with colored pointers that was there on Warp 4 for MCP2? Was it a video problem or what? Using SnapSE215. -- Bill Thanks a Million! On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 08:42:08 UTC, "William L. Hartzell" <wlhartzell@comcast.net> wrote: > Sir: > > Does anyone know if IBM fixed the problem with colored pointers that was > there on Warp 4 for MCP2? Was it a video problem or what? Using SnapSE215. Was there a problem? My mouse pointer is golden on my eCS 1.0.3 and eCS 1.1. like it is on my WARP4.0. -- T...

Tektronix Phaser 780 color printer problem
Anyone seen this problem before: http://home.broadpark.no/~iroed/test/a4%20all%20colors%205-5%20test.jpg http://home.broadpark.no/~iroed/test/a4%20black%204-5%20test.jpg http://home.broadpark.no/~iroed/test/a4%20cyan%201-5%20test.jpg http://home.broadpark.no/~iroed/test/a4%20magenta%202-5%20test.jpg http://home.broadpark.no/~iroed/test/a4%20yellow%203-5%20test.jpg could it be the fusor? or is it someting with the imaging unit? the testprint is on A4 sideways. All advise welcome. Regards Frank Hi. What about the paper? Try another-same output? Yes: than... ...

Insert form field in PDF
I have been using Adobe Acrobat version 5 to create fillable forms out of PDF documents and standard paper forms scanned as PDFs. I decided I should upgrade to ver. 7 Pro Livecyle now I can't import a PDF form, without losing quality or design. I do not have access to the original form data files only the paper forms or PDFs. Any way around this or should I just go back to ver 5? Cindy "Cindy Holtzhauer" <cindy988@sympatico.ca> wrote: >I have been using Adobe Acrobat version 5 to create fillable forms out of >PDF documents and standard paper forms scanned ...

2 colored and 256 color images
What is the difference between 2 colored and 256 color images? I wanted to save the black and white images in 2 color and color images in 256 colors in tiff format. please let me know the difference <jayu.gm@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1192174877.431664.80780@t8g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > What is the difference between 2 colored and 256 color images? > I wanted to save the black and white images in 2 color and color > images in 256 colors in tiff format. > please let me know the difference > Well 2 colours will have just that. No intermediate gray's so goo...

Constant function w/ CData-like color mapping
Hi! I need to plot a horizontal line (i.e., a constant function) where the color varies (in discrete segments) along the line (e.g., from (x0,1)->(x1,1) green, from (x1,1)->(x2,1) red, (x2,1)->(x3,1) back to green, (x3,1)->(x4,1) blue, etc.) in such a way that it indicates the value of a discretely-varying third data vector. I've almost figured out how to do it using surf, mapping the "z" coord. to CData, and setting the View to [180,90], but the edge obscures the view of the face (both w/ the edge's alpha set to 1, of course, but also set to 0). Is there a way...

VirtualVCR captures color video in mono!!!
I'm experimenting with VVCR v 2.6.9, Hauppauge Win TV capture device, nForce audio, 720x480, YUY2, 29.97, Huffy 2.1.1, no filters, PCM audio. The problem is that color video is captured in monocolor. From the VVCR Intro "You will also need a video capture card or device that Virtual VCR can use to capture with. WDM drivers work best with Virtual VCR, VFW drivers may work but will more than likely have problems." I installed WDM driver, obtained from the Hauppauge web site, but am not sure if that's what it is using. From Con Pan | Sounds and MM Props, both t...

Color bar colors not matching Image colors
Hi all, I'm having trouble getting colors in a 2D data array to agree with my color= bar range. How can I set a Min and Max value for colors in an image without= requiring the data be scaled to use the whole range? i.e. My color bar goes from -500 (blue) to 500 (red) and the values in the = field only range between 100 and 400. How do I set the colors in the field = to match their corresponding colors in the colorbar? I know they are not cu= rrently corresponding because I am getting blue colors in field even though= there are no negative values. I tried setting Min =3D -5...

Re: color legend
Needs["PlotLegends`"] ShowLegend[ ArrayPlot[ Table[5./(1 + x^2 + y^2), {x, -5, 5}, {y, -5, 5}], Frame -> None, ColorFunction -> Function[{a}, RGBColor[1 - a, 1 - a, 1 - a]]], {Function[{a}, RGBColor[a, a, a]], 11, " 5", " 0", LegendPosition -> {1.1, -0.4}}] Bob Hanlon ---- eric g <eric.phys@gmail.com> wrote: ============= Hello Group, I want to add a color grayscale (myColorFunction[x_]:=RGBColor[1-x,1-x,1-x]) legend this arrayplot, from min (white) to max (dark) values. ArrayPlot[Table[5...

Printing Color Drop Caps
Sir: I got a one page document that has three drop caps on it in RED. But when I print the page, the drop caps are all black. Can someone tell me how to get the drop caps in red. And yes, the color ink cartridge is new and work on a previous photo document. -- Bill Thanks a Million! Suddenly, William L. Hartzell sprang forth and uttered these pithy words: > Sir: > > I got a one page document that has three drop caps on it in RED. But > when I print the page, the drop caps are all black. Can someone tell me > how to get the drop caps in red. And yes, the color ink...

Fields of Fire - iOs version
Hi, BGG reported that the iOs version of this solitaire board wargame with a heavy emphasis on command and control has entered alpha stage. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/22877/fields-of-fire No news on the pc version which is supposed to be in the works too Greetz, Eddy Sterckx "eddysterckx@hotmail.com" <eddysterckx@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > BGG reported that the iOs version of this solitaire board wargame with a > heavy emphasis on command and control has entered alpha stage. > > http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/228...

Reports with lots of fields not otherwise in database
As the subject above hopefully makes clear, I want to do several reports, "with lots of fields not otherwise in database". These reports also have variable-length text. I have defined the following options (all users have Office 2000): 1. All Access solution. This appears to involve creating forms to enter data that is just put into a report, and never saved - an exercise in wasted development time, to my thinking. Also, the variable-length fields create formatting issues. But theere are plusses. 2. Push into Word. This seems to involve the same amount of extra form creation...

Changing colors of UNIVARIATE graphs
When using UNIVARIATE (Distribution Analysis) to generate statistical charts is there a way to edit the foreground/background colors. I choose Minimal style, but background and foreground colors are still too dark. Les ...

Autofill Field
Is it possible to autofill a specific field in and Internet Explorer form. I would like to install a program on a client's computer that will automatically fill in a password field with their mac address whenever it sees a specific field name. This will be used to verify that they are logging in from the same computer. Is this possible at all? "Ross Lewis" <rosslewis@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<1OfEc.165621$207.914283@news20.bellglobal.com>... > I would like to install a program on a client's computer that will > automatically fill in a passwor...

Efficient field splitting? unpack or substr
I have a data that looks like this in a single line. "01 17060757 EG 6880232 N 0131020321 17 060712 l 8828 TR6322 00030070 01 20030317060807749544 060645 244 PA1" for about 280,000 lines. The fields are fixed-widths. You can't extract it using delimiters as some of the fields may be blank. I originally wrote an awkscript and used substr to extract the fields from $0 and it took 25.26 seconds to calculate the summary. Field Splitting in awk, for your info F1 =substr($0, 1, 2) TiltTime =substr($0, 4, 8) .... .... Using awk to perl conve...

Updating color
I am using trimesh/trisurf to plot some rather large triangulated surfaces. I would like to make changes to the colour data without having to overwrite the entire plot. To avoid confusion, this would be 'C' in the call: >>trimesh(tri,X,Y,Z,C) I imagine the same operation would be applicable to any coloured plot. Is there anything I can do to enable this operation? Cheers, Dave. Dave F wrote: > > > I am using trimesh/trisurf to plot some rather large triangulated > surfaces. I would like to make changes to the colour data without > having to overwrite the enti...

+ shaped mouse pointer in Safari's address field
I noticed this in Yosemite, but don't recall seeing it in previous versions. If you press the option key when the mouse pointer is in the address field (the one where you enter a URL or search item) in Safari, it changes to a + shape. Anyone know why it does this? In article <100120152126001125%michelle@michelle.org>, Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org> wrote: > I noticed this in Yosemite, but don't recall seeing it in previous > versions. > > If you press the option key when the mouse pointer is in the address > field (the one where y...

Detect when bound field is updated on subform
Hi All, Hopefully I explain this well........ In Access97 I have a form which has a tab control on it, each tab has a sub-form which is bound to its appropriate table(I'll call them 'Detail' tables). I have a 'Header' table and fields from it are displayed on the form above the tab control. Header table name is tblClientInfo Detail tables are tblPolicyInfo, tblBeneInfo, tblRiderInfo In the tblClientInfo I have a TimeStamp field which I want to append to when a user updates anything on each of the tabs so, how do I detect that something was updated on the Policy Info tab a...

ZHUE coloring
Does anyone know the exact mechanics of color=ZHUE on plot3d? I have a fractal function which returns a period p: 1=convergent, 2=2-cycle, 3-cycle,..., k-cycle, all the way up to 100-cycle. I want to assign meaningful colors to each domain, for example, 1=red, 2=yellow, 3=green, 4=blue, 5=magenta, etc. What should be the final value of the function as a function of p to get some bright distinct colors? I tried log(p*100), and the results are a little better, but not optimal. Many thanks, -- I.N. Galidakis ...

colorspace-faq -- FAQ about Color and Gamma #5
Archive-name: graphics/colorspace-faq Version: 1997-02-27 X-Last-Updated: 1997-02-27 URL: <http://www.inforamp.net/~poynton/Poynton-color.html> Posting-Frequency: monthly colorspace-faq -- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT GAMMA AND COLOR Charles A. Poynton Poynton@Poynton.com <http://www.inforamp.net/~poynton/> Copyright (c) 1997-02-27 In video, computer graphics and image processing the "gamma" symbol represents a numerical parameter that describes the nonlinearity of intensity reproduction. The Gamma FAQ section of this document clarifies aspects of nonlinear ima...

Give "Read Only" fields distinctive format
Hello I think it is valuable for users to see at a glance which fields are editable. FileMaker has the option to give editable fields a jagged/dashed border. This takes effect ONLY if user is tabbed into a field. I don't think this is particularly pretty or obvious to users. Here's my approach: Editable fields - same colour/color as the page background with a grey/gray border. Read Only fields - black fill with grey/gray borders. The read only fields look ugly. Any suggestions? Thanks and regards Kevin In <1153490636.843347.317220@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com> KevinSmith wr...

Coloring Bars of Bargraph with specific colors
Hi, I am plotting 1xN matrix as a bar graph and would like to color each bar with it's own color. COLORMAP allows definition of colors for each row/colunm of a multiline matrix, while mine is just one row. FaceColor also targets all values at once. How should I do it? Here's code that plots data %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% data = [-55 -57 -58 -62 -66 -70 -77 -85 -88]; x_step = 1:9; bar_baseline = floor(1.03 * min(data)); figure(10); clf; hold on; BAR_H = barh(x_step, data, 1); plot(data, x_step, '-og'); set(get(BAR_H, 'baseline'), &...