colored Field

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

FM8 advanced, winXP
I have created a solution with a colored field behind a textfield. The color
is blank when there is some text inside the textfield, the color is red when
the field is empty. So far so good. I put the colorfield behind the
textfield. When in browsemode I see the empty field is red, which is what I
want. But now I go into ANY field and I can't see the color any more. all
the field on my layout turn white, thus blanking whatever is behind them.

I could ofcourse make the colorfield slightly larger then the text field,
thus would leave a red border around the empty fioeld. But tis is not as
eye-catching as a whole field turning red.
The field is transparent.

Any idea's on this?

--
Keep Well,
Ursus

0
Reply ursus 1/17/2006 3:45:45 PM

See related articles to this posting

In the "Layout Setup" menu deselect the checkbox
"Show fied frames when record is active".
Once done, only the field in which the cursor is will be white, all
others will keep their origional color / transparency.

In my opinion this should be the default option but FM insists on it
being the other way around.

0
Reply FP 1/17/2006 7:55:22 PM

You are quite right, but this is not the solution to my question.

There is only one field on the layout (and a color behind it) When I go into
this field it looses it's transparantcy and I can't see the color any more.
Is there a way to avoid this?

Ursus

"FP" <ab@pottnerconsulting.ca> schreef in bericht
> In the "Layout Setup" menu deselect the checkbox
> "Show fied frames when record is active".
> Once done, only the field in which the cursor is will be white, all
> others will keep their origional color / transparency.
>
> In my opinion this should be the default option but FM insists on it
> being the other way around.

0
Reply ursus 1/18/2006 7:24:49 PM

ursus.kirk wrote:
> You are quite right, but this is not the solution to my question.
>
> There is only one field on the layout (and a color behind it) When I go into
> this field it looses it's transparantcy and I can't see the color any more.
> Is there a way to avoid this?

No.  When clicking into a field, it is either the background color of
the field (if field is not transparent) or the color of the layout part
(if the field is transparent).

Howard Schlossberg              (818) 883-2846
FM Pro Solutions       Los Angeles, California

FileMaker 7 Certified Developer
Reply Howard 1/18/2006 7:50:02 PM

You may be interested in the trick found on John Mark Osborne - http:/
/www.databasepros.com/ - called COOL.fp5.
I think the whole idea is that when you select a transparent field the
background color of the layout itself is the color you see. In your
case - I may be wrong - you could set the layout color to red then
supimpose a large square say in beige, then on top your fields etc. I
think - I didn't try - if you click on your field it will show a red
background.
Remi-Noel

"ursus.kirk" <secret@nowhere.com> a �crit ...
> FM8 advanced, winXP
> I have created a solution with a colored field behind a textfield. The
> color is blank when there is some text inside the textfield, the color
> is red when the field is empty. So far so good. I put the colorfield
> behind the textfield. When in browsemode I see the empty field is red,
> which is what I want. But now I go into ANY field and I can't see the
> color any more. all the field on my layout turn white, thus blanking
> whatever is behind them.
> I could ofcourse make the colorfield slightly larger then the text
> field, thus would leave a red border around the empty fioeld. But tis
> is not as eye-catching as a whole field turning red.
> The field is transparent.
> Any idea's on this?
> Keep Well,
> Ursus

0
Reply Remi 1/18/2006 8:01:17 PM

In article <11st6va9t10q18a@corp.supernews.com>,
howard@antispahm.fmprosolutions.com says...
> ursus.kirk wrote:
> > You are quite right, but this is not the solution to my question.
> >
> > There is only one field on the layout (and a color behind it) When I go into
> > this field it looses it's transparantcy and I can't see the color any more.
> > Is there a way to avoid this?
>
> No.  When clicking into a field, it is either the background color of
> the field (if field is not transparent) or the color of the layout part
> (if the field is transparent).

In this case why not just make the field background the same as the
colour behind it?

If you are relying on tricks etc with transparent field layering and/or
container fields then unfortunately you've bumped into one of the
limitations of those tricks.

-regards,
Dave
0
Reply 42 1/18/2006 10:42:26 PM

This is not available when I select the "Layout Setup" menu? I am FM 6
on Windows.

Thanks,

Tony

0
Reply Tony 1/21/2006 4:38:47 AM
comp.databases.filemaker 11046 articles. 18 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Update a field color based on field contents
Hi guys, I'm using a subform to display a list of values from a single table. The form is showing the values in "continuous forms" view and there will only ever be two different values for the form. The form show 2 fields, 1 is a number and the second is a calculated field that says either "Valid" or "Invalid" based on the first fields contents. What I need to do is if the value is Invalid then I'd either like the text or the actual field to be red so it stands out from the other fields but if the value is Valid then I want the field to be standard (i.e...

Coloring a field on a Continuous form base data in Field
I have a Continuous form in Access 2000. The form contains a date field and the user has requested( demanded nicely) that they want the date field to be yellow if there is no data in the field. Does anyone know how to do this? In the forms current properties try the following: If IsNull(Me.somedate) Then Me.somedate.BackColor = vbYellow End If "James" <jnhundley@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1163705799.487018.70910@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... >I have a Continuous form in Access 2000. The form contains a date field > and the user has requested( demanded nice...

Changing the color / background color of specific words in an input field
Hi all, I would like to highlight specific words (so not the whole content) in an input field. Is it possible? I found only methods to change the behavior of the complete content. Thanks for your help! Best Konrad korcs wrote: > I would like to highlight specific words (so not the whole content) in > an input field. Is it possible? Yes. > I found only methods to change the behavior of the complete content. Look further, this has been discussed before. PointedEars On 18 Feb., 11:07, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedE...@web.de> wrote: > korcs wrote: > >...

field color
Hi experts, I'm trying to find a way to change the color of a field dependent on its contents, e.g. the entry "green" sets the background field color to green. Your help would be great. Michael On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:56:59 +0100, Michael Schl�r wrote: > I'm trying to find a way to change the color of a field dependent on its > contents, e.g. the entry "green" sets the background field color to green. > Your help would be great. But the color as image in a container field. Use this field e.g. via relation or via computing by number from a repeatin...

Field colors
Using Access 2000. I have a form with about a dozen fields . As each field gets or loses focus I change the background color between white (lost focus) and yellow ( got focus). Makes a nice effect. I want to surpress the text highlighting that happens when a field is selected. Any ideas how to do this? RICHARD BROMBERG wrote: > Using Access 2000. > I have a form with about a dozen fields . > > As each field gets or loses focus I change the background color > between white (lost focus) and yellow ( got focus). > > Makes a nice effect. > > I want to surpr...

color field from calculation
I am trying to flag/ highlight outstanding items in orders I am receiving by changing text or fill color on a field. Is this possible with FMP6.04 at all? Online help is obscure on this. Thanks In article <1135825443.600473.14310@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "Fritz" <fritzo2ster@gmail.com> wrote: > I am trying to flag/ highlight outstanding items in orders I am > receiving by changing text or fill color on a field. > Is this possible with FMP6.04 at all? Online help is obscure on this. It's not possible in FileMaker 6 using any in-built ability (new...

Create a colored field
I want to change the fieldcolor after inputting specific data in a field. Is there a script command which can do this. I only found RGB( ) to change the textcolor of an individuell textinput. But how can I change the fieldcolor of an individuell field? I use FM8. Any ideas? Hermann See script possibilities under "conditional formatting FP ver 7" thread. Michael Paine Hermann Siemandel wrote: > I want to change the fieldcolor after inputting specific data in a > field. > Is there a script command which can do this. > I only found RGB( ) to change the textcolor of an...

Change field color?
Is it possible to change the field color background and text based on the contents of that field? For instance, if the value is 9 or more, the field color is green, if 6 to 8, field color = yellow, if 5 or less, the field = red. -- Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino Cartoons with a Touch of Magic� http://www.wizardofdraws.com More Cartoons with a Touch of Magic� http://www.cartoonclipart.com Always helpful to know what version you're using. In 6, no text manipulation. In 7, there are text formatting script steps with which you can change the formatting (including color) of ...

Coloring entry field
Hi I would like to set the background and text color of an entry field to red if a certain condition is met. This would make field content invisible. I managed to do the background color but cannot set the text color of the entry field to red as well. I used ?Ctrl{Prop:Backgroundcolor} = color:red ?Ctrl{Prop:Fontcolor} = color:red the text in the entry field is still visible - black on red. Thanks ...

Coloring entry fields
How do you cause an entry field to display a color background when it is selected? The CW 9 ClarionHowTo example shows this in the forms example app but it is not intuitive to a newcomer how to accomplish it. Thanks for any advice John On 20/08/13 07:21, John McElhatton wrote: > How do you cause an entry field to display a color background when it is > selected? The CW 9 ClarionHowTo example shows this in the forms example > app but it is not intuitive to a newcomer how to accomplish it. > > Thanks for any advice > John > > in the global propert...

colored field vector
Hello scilab users, Is it possible to plot a field vectors, using the function champ for instance, and to have arrow vectors on the plot with a color dependent on the intensity of the field ? I would like to have arrows with length depending on intensity AND color depending on intensity as well, but so far I've been able to achieve only on of these two requirements. Either I have arrows at different scales but without colors or either I have colors and direction but all arrows have the same lengths. Thank you for any help val you could take the function mentioned in http://gro...

color setting on a field
Hi Folks Run into a little problem. whilst adding new functionality to a form (This is in Unface 7.2.06) I noticed that several fields were not defined uniformly by the same color i.e. under properties of the uffa_name field the color is defined as number 24 (a greenish blue number in a grey background) However a second field below it called ufie_name was not defined by any colors. so i opened the properties panel for the field to change it to the number 24 as per the propertie's color of the uffa_name field. But the 24 here is a totally different color (a more ligh...

Associating a color with a field.
Hi All, I have a continuous form which shows meetings that consultants have booked for certain timeslots. The text of the field displays a short description of the appointment and I want to set the backcolor of the field depending on what 'meeting type' the appointment is. A user can choose between any of four types of meetings when editing or adding an appointment. So I have a table 'tblMeetingTypes' that has only one field and four records holding the meeting types which display in a combo box on the 'Appointment' form. I want each of the meeting types to be a...

Monitor color, PS color, Web color
I need a reality check. If I have a web page and set the background to, say, #009933 (allegedly a web-safe color) and then specify in CS the same color, then is it true that they CS image exported as a GIF will not necessarily match? What of colors that work better in the CMYK space, or does it matter? Sorry, but I've a new monitor for web work and I am realizing that perhaps my success in this regard may have been dumb luck or delusion! TIA In article <11ckv4icdet2v74@news.supernews.com>, "johnboy" <okaynow@nospam.no> wrote: > If I have a web page and ...

Color bar colors not matching Image colors
Hi all, I'm having trouble getting colors in a 2D data array to agree with my color= bar range. How can I set a Min and Max value for colors in an image without= requiring the data be scaled to use the whole range? i.e. My color bar goes from -500 (blue) to 500 (red) and the values in the = field only range between 100 and 400. How do I set the colors in the field = to match their corresponding colors in the colorbar? I know they are not cu= rrently corresponding because I am getting blue colors in field even though= there are no negative values. I tried setting Min =3D -5...

Merge a field into a field
I have an email distribution list. I need to add the person's name in the body of the text. What do I do to merge one field into another. I know that <<>> doesn't work. thx Create a textfield Create a calculated field into the textfield type your text, where you want the name to go type QWERTY (or any other code you like) In the calcfield (result text) Substitute ( textfield ; "QWERTY"; NameField) More options ofcourse are possible, this is just clean and dirty. Ursus <fromero@csudh.edu> schreef in bericht news:1138227655.180034.311000@o13g2...

field.select() change color?
Hi, Thanks in advance for any help... I have the following script: function highlightsearch(field) { field.focus(); field.select(); } select and highlight the text in an input field... Is there any way you can change the 'fill' color of the highlighted selection to anything other than black? Regards ---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 Beta 5 * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ---------------------------------------------- Invisible Man wrote: > Is there any way you can change the 'fill...

Disabled entry field colors
Our Tk 8.3 app enables and disables entry boxes, changing the colors and text in the field to match our color scheme, i.e.: .win.entry configure -state disabled -bg $disabledEntryBG On Tk 8.4, a disabled entry field automatically appears grey background with a darker grey text, ignoring the color specifications we provide. This doesn't look good in our color schemes. How can I get tk 8.4 to use my colors for disabled entry fields? entry .e -disabledbackground $disabledEntryBG is the short answer. However, may I suggest the more sophisticated approach of creating an tk option ...

Changing Colors of fields on a report
I have access 2k and I have 2 tables. One is a 7X6 table representing a month with zeroes padding the fields where no day exist. For example February 2003 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Denotes Sunday thru Saturday. Then I have a separate table that breaks down the month with fields representing Start Date, End Date, Pay Date, Due Date, and Holiday as follows MthNum Month DateNum Year DayNum Day SDate Edate PayDate Duedate Hol 2 February 1 2003 7 Saturday N N N N ...

Form fields to same field
I have a form to be completed by a teacher. They are to input 30 grades on the form (along with teacher name, period number, etc). This will store all 30 grades in one field in my sql table. The multiple forms into one field has me baffled. I am a newbie but appreciate all the help! Thanks in advance. >I have a form to be completed by a teacher. They are to input 30 >grades on the form (along with teacher name, period number, etc). This >will store all 30 grades in one field in my sql table. Is that 1 grade each for 30 students? Better be sure you keep the order straight if so, a...

Best color to colorize
I have a rather large clip art collection, including web page backgrounds. Recently, I discovered a backgrounds web site from which you can download the same backgrounds in different colors. Me, I prefer to download one color of the background and colorize it to my needs at the given time. I know this sounds like a stupid question, but what's the best color background to colorize without losing detail in the background? (Or is a greyscale background the most colorizeable?) Any info is appreciated. Thanks! -- ============================ - Dave http://members.cox.net/grundage/ On Sat,...

auto color entry field
Hello I'm newone here, In one of the examples program i found somthing like this. One of the form there are some entry field, when a select then they change color (background), how to do this in new aplication?. Regards Pawel Darek, Open you app, open the global propertiers, select App Settings, check Provide visual indicators on controls with focus. This will enable a button which will open a dialog where you can configure the indicators to your preferences. Greg darek wrote: > Hello I'm newone here, > In one of the examples program i found somthing like this. > One of ...

Color change for forms fields
I'm trying to create a db using ms accces. I would like to have unfilled items in the forms to be highlighted in a ddifferent color than filled spaces, so i can easily know and remember what is missing, any idea how can this be achieved? I sam still using access97 for the sake of compatibility with all the computers in the office. Thanks On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 04:36:14 GMT, "Andrew" <sks@sgfds.com> wrote: Check this out: http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0024.htm Of course in A2K and above, you have the benefit of Conditional Formatting. -Tom. >I'm trying to ...

fonts and color of entry fields
hi, in my application i set font to arial 10 and arial 9 bold, and i set color on my forms but i want white color on my entry fields, i manually setup everything, but after some time i lost white color of entry fields and i lost defined fonts, why ??? thanks ...