customize "message" with data from database in email message.

I am using FileMaker Pro 7 and winxp . I want to create an email message
that will include the address and city and state of different folks.
I understand how to set some of it up..but when I get to the message part of
the scriptbuilders... dang... i can't get it to produce what i want.

I want the message to be:

We are verifying the snail mail addresses.
We have your address  as... (then I want to insert from the database the
address we have...
and add the city, state, zip... all which are in the database

Right now all i can get it to do is enter the address...

So i am stuck in the section called "Specify Mail"  and then how do i enter
what i want in the "message" section.

--
Janice F. Jorgensen

Janice F. Jorgensen <janicejorgensen@charter.net> wrote:

> I am using FileMaker Pro 7 and winxp . I want to create an email message

usually easy

> I want the message to be:
>
> We are verifying the snail mail addresses.
> We have your address  as... (then I want to insert from the database the
> address we have...
> and add the city, state, zip... all which are in the database

2 solutions :
- use a merge field if your message is the amways same
- use a text fiel in wich you can enter a text formula (records/replace
field content) such as :
"field "adresse" & "blablabla" & "field city"  etc...

this formula acts only on your actual selection, and can / has to be
done each time you want / need.

--
Philippe Manet
0

"manet" <pmanet@invivo.edu> wrote in message
Janice F. Jorgensen <janicejorgensen@charter.net> wrote:

> I am using FileMaker Pro 7 and winxp . I want to create an email message

usually easy

> I want the message to be:
>
> We are verifying the snail mail addresses.
> We have your address  as... (then I want to insert from the database the
> address we have...
> and add the city, state, zip... all which are in the database

2 solutions :
- use a merge field if your message is the amways same
- use a text fiel in wich you can enter a text formula (records/replace
field content) such as :
"field "adresse" & "blablabla" & "field city"  etc...

this formula acts only on your actual selection, and can / has to be
done each time you want / need.

--
Philippe Manet

I am new at this.. i have created a message/ in layout... with the fields.
and it comes out fine.
how do i make a script or do what has to be done so this is placed inside
the email and gets sent to the designated address.

any good site to help  me learn scripting for filemaker pro?
thanks

Janice

Janice F. Jorgensen wrote:
> I am using FileMaker Pro 7 and winxp . I want to create an email message
> that will include the address and city and state of different folks.
> I understand how to set some of it up..but when I get to the message part=
 of
> the scriptbuilders... dang... i can't get it to produce what i want.
>
> I want the message to be:
>
> We are verifying the snail mail addresses.
> We have your address  as... (then I want to insert from the database the
> address we have...
> and add the city, state, zip... all which are in the database
>
> Right now all i can get it to do is enter the address...
>
> So i am stuck in the section called "Specify Mail"  and then how do i ent=
er
> what i want in the "message" section.
>

> --
> Janice F. Jorgensen

To get a custom message with the send mail script step you click on the
right pointing arrow on the right side of the "Message" box and then
select "Specify Calculation".
The following lines concatinates text and field data;

"We are verifying the snail mail addresses.=B6" &
"We have your address  as; " &
DBName::Name & "=B6" &
DBName::Address & "=B6" &
DBName::City & ", " & DBName::State & "=B6" &=20
DBName::PostalCode

0
ad (117)
7/4/2006 3:52:02 AM