E-mail Validation

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

i do alot of e-mail merge and if one of the email address is wrong. it will
give me a hard time to fix one by one. does anyone know how to validate
email address in filemaker?

0
Reply Tary 10/30/2003 3:45:35 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.databases.filemaker 10762 articles. 18 followers. Post

e-mail validation
I've been looking for a simple way of checking that a string is an e-mail address. I don't need to check if the address exists, just if the format of the string matches. There seem to be lots of different methods, can someone suggest which is the best, with justification. I'm not looking for total accuracy, I'd much rather let a few false positives through than get any false negatives. Many thanks Hello, On 08/20/2003 07:14 PM, Geoff Soper wrote: > I've been looking for a simple way of checking that a string is an e-mail > address. I don't need to check if th...

Validating e-mail !!
i am writing code in COBOL II to run on OS/390 to validate an e-mail address. Any ideas how this can be done in the best way. I have an environ of CICS/COBOL/DB2. As of now I have an Inspect statement to count for @ character. If the count is one then I am accepting the e-mail id. Any body who can enlighten me more on this topic. Jagster "Jagster" <jnori@bigfoot.com> wrote > As of now I have an Inspect statement to count for @ character. If the count > is one then I am accepting the e-mail id. valid EMail addresses may be for example: "My name <user@domai...

E-mail address validator
http://www.siliconglen.com/software/e-mail-validation.html Have adapted an existing well known script, and was unable to contact the original author. Would be grateful to know if there are any further bugs or shortcomings in the code thanks -- Craig Cockburn ("coburn"). SiliconGlen.com Ltd. http://SiliconGlen.com Home to the first online guide to Scotland, founded 1994. Scottish FAQ, wedding info, website design, stop spam and more! A quick look at the code makes me wonder if it handles .info domains, also /* domain name seems valid, but now make sure that it ends in a thr...

Validity of this e-mail structure
Sorry guys if this is the wrong ng for this post - wasn't sure where it should go so thought I'd try here first. The following is the content (less a chunk of the encoded attachment) of a file on the o/s (Solaris 9) called e-mail.txt. The following command is being executed: /usr/lib/sendmail -t -f replies@domain.com < email.txt In my e-mail client (Outlook) I see a well-formed e-mail message and an attachment. If I send to another user (a customer) they see the encoded content in-line with no atachment (using the same client). What I would like to do is to understand if there...

Specific E-Mail Validation Script
Please could anyone help I need a validation script on and input field email to include/exclude the below? If it is even possible even?? Many Thanks in advanced, Regards, Jason ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- (Note " * " is NOT a wildcard in the instances below) include: a-Z 0-1 * _ - @ a-Z 0-1 _ - . a-Z 0-1 exclude: *@hsbc.com *@barclays.com *@hotmail.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- if (theForm.email.value == "") { alert("Please enter a valid email"); theForm.em...

validate incoming e-mails against user list
Hello, I am running MailScanner to filter spam with Sendmail. This is a front end for an aging Exchange server. Spam is being dumped to a mail box so that if a user comes back missing a message we can retrieve the false positive. Is there a way to dump any mail that is not addressed to a valid user? That would save processing in MailScanner and make it easier to find the false positives when we need to manually look through the spam mailbox. So, is there a way to check against a list of valid e-mail addresses? Can you see any problems to this approach? Thanks, your help is greatly appre...

Aid in validating e-mail with regular expressions
Hi, I'm having a problem in the validation of e-mail using regular expressions. The expression below meets my need for validation, but invalidate emails correct, for example: luis@gmail.com carlos.pedro @ hotmail.com How do to validate these e-mails without losing the validation is already done? Thank you. Code: if _N_ = 1 then exp = PRXPARSE("/^[A-Za-z0-9](([_\.\-]?[a-zA-Z0-9]+)*)@(([A-Za-z0-9]+) (([\.\-]?[a-zA-Z0-9]+)*)\.([A-Za-z]{2,}))/"); Validating an email address is not straightforward - there are many exceptions to the basic rules (such as that the second-level do...

How can I validate a given e-mail address?
I need to know wether a given e-mail address ("miguel@example.com") is valid - not if it's simply syntactically correct (that's trivial to verify), but wether it corresponds to an actual, live, address. Is there some way to do this? I'm not sure myself how to approach this problem. Thanks in advance. > I need to know wether a given e-mail address ("miguel@example.com") is > valid - not if it's simply syntactically correct (that's trivial to > verify), but wether it corresponds to an actual, live, address. > > Is there some way to do t...

OT: Specification for valid e-mail address
Hi all, I know this is off topic, but I have been googling for two days with little success and you are such a helpful lot (grovel, grovel). I am trying to find a specification for a valid e-mail address so that I can create an e-mail validation function.. So far I have found that it : - cannot be shorter than 7 characters or longer than 63 - can only have one @ - cannot have "_" as the first or last character in any element - cannot have two periods or underscores in sequence - can only use characters within a..z, A..Z, 0..9, the @ and . and _ - must end in either 3 letters, or a...

Can somebody please tell me how to validate E-mail Id in java?
Hi friends, Can somebody please tell me how to validate E-mail Id in java? Thanking you, Prashant use regular expression Pasha =E5=86=99=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A > Hi friends, > > Can somebody please tell me how to validate E-mail Id in > java?=20 >=20 >=20 > Thanking you,=20 >=20 >=20 > Prashant "swordinhand" <swordinhand@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146154969.818239.326430@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > use regular expression > Pasha 写道: > > > Hi friends, > > > > Can some...

E-mail recusado
AVISO GERADO AUTOMATICAMENTE WARNING GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY ________________________________________________________________ E-mail com anexos executaveis sao descartados pelo nosso servidor. Se quiser, compacte o arquivo e envie novamente. Maiores detalhes: http://infonib.nib.unicamp.br/aviso-virus.html ________________________________________________________________ E-mail with executables atachments are not allowed in our servers. with you want to send the e-mail, compress it and send it again More details: http://infonib.nib.unicamp.br/virus-warning.html *---------------------------...

[blockmail] E-mail bloqueado
O e-mail abaixo indicado foi bloqueado por este servidor, pois cont�m um anexo execut�vel. Arquivos execut�veis s�o potencialmente perigosos por constituir meio de propaga��o de v�rus e worms de e-mail. The following e-mail was blocked by this server because it contains an executable attachment. Executable files are potentially dangerous, as they are used for e-mail virus and worms propagation. Mail headers: Date : Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:27:30 -0300 Subject : Mail Delivery failure (gabicr@grad.icmc.usp.br) From : python-list@python.org Return-Path: <python-list@pytho...

Sending e-mail with attachments with the default e-mail client
Hello. I need to send e-mails with attachments under W2K using the default e-mail client. I'd like to open the e-mail aplication with the attachment to allow the user to chose the recipients. I got it working using the mailto mechanism but only for Outlook. Anybody has an idea of how to do this to work with all the e-mail clients? Thanks in advance. ...

Device that has internet, e-mail, & e-mail attachments
I have a client who asked me to find a "Palm Pilot" like device (basically any device that's roughly the size of a palm pilot) that would allow him to wirelessly surf the internet, access his e-mail, as well as open e-mail attachments, especially Word, Excel, and PDF. Does anything like this exist? Any suggestions are highly appreciated, Harry -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- Tungsten T3, Sony UX-50, Blackberry and ...

Send e-mail from AIX to external e-mail address
I would like to be able to e-mail a log file from my AIX server to an external e-mail address. I'm using the mail command and it works fine if i send a e-mail to someone on the company's exchange server, but if I try to send an e-mail to someone outside the company it says host unknown. Is there something I need to set-up to make this work? I have a similar system set-up on my NT server where I am using the open source program sendemail. It works fine and it is easy to use. It is just an executable and you can add parameters like the name of our mail relay server. Can I get a sim...

Opening a Draft E-mail or an e-mail in edit mode.
I was prompted to think about this by a couple of MLH's recent posts. Whether this is what he !!!!really!!!! wanted, I don't know. This code is supposed to open an e-mail in edit mode, although I have called it "draft". It's pretty simple. It just creates an .eml file, in eml format, and then calls ShellExecute to open the file (I tried Application.FollowHyperlink first; that works but results in two warning messages on my machine.) Some e-mail programs when set as the default will also make themselves the default opener of .eml files so on my machine this opens in Thund...

Sending e-mail to and receiving e-mail into Acucobol programs
I develop accounting software for timeshare resorts, membership campgrounds and comdominiums using Acucobol. These properties would like for their owners/members to be able to view their charge/payment histories on-line and, if desired, make a payment. There will be identical files on the Server and Client side and they will have to stay in sync. The way I would like to do this is to send e-mails to and from the server/client when a person's account is changed, either by a charge or payment. I would welcome any ideas/help along these lines. Thank you. Keith On 12 Aug 2003 09:55:36 -0700, ...

E-MAIL PROCESSING COMPANY seeking E-MAIL PROCESSORS
E-MAIL PROCESSING COMPANY seeking E-MAIL PROCESSORS immediately to sustain EXPLOSIVE GROWTH!! Earn �1,000-�5,000 per month (Part-time) or �5,000-�10,000 (Full-time). FREE Start-Up! Not MLM. No experience necessary! SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY please! For full details, e-mail us now: "mail to: homeworkers_dream@hotmail.com with Subject Line = "SHOW ME" ...

function to isolate the e-mail host from an e-mail name
Hi. Sorry if this is an old question, but.... i have a table that includes an e-mail address in a query, i would like to create two columns with expressions for the hostname and the username. what function(s) would i use to split the e-mail address to what comes before the @ and what comes after? thanks, Larry - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - "Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown." Try Instr() to find location of the @ symbol in the email address, then Left() and Right() to extract the text eg. Assuming @ will always exist..... username = Left([myEmail]...

E-mail Virus Alert!
"A deadly new computer virus that is spreading rapidly by e-mail has already caused massive damage to thousands of unprotected computers worldwide. The virus is rumored to be the deadly brainchild of renegade microbiology scientists, who have figured out how to cross the barrier from the digital world to the analog, and create a real biological virus on the victim's computer. For an actual photo of a ravaged computer, and further details on this frightening new virus, visit http://www.robotsrule.com/ ". -- sec.alert. RMFLMAO, NOT! Come on, lets see a GOOD 04/01/04 joke pl...

Can you e-mail a report to an e-mail address stored in a Hyperlink field?
I think the question speaks for itself, but just to elaborate... I would like to e-mail a report to one or more e-mail addresses that are stored in a Hyperlink field of an Access table. Basically, merge a report to a set of e-mail addresses and have it sent automatically. Is this possible in Access 2000? If so, how? I want this to run automatically with no user input. Thanks in advance!!! Yes you can, but you will have to use VB, have you done this before? --- Please immediately let us know (by phone or return email) if (a) this email contains a virus (b) you are not the intended rec...

Looking for an e-mail app that can send e-mail in html format
A friend of mind wants me to send e-mail to him in html format. Are there any e-mail apps that can do this? -- Regards Brian In article <1146085981391782115.254092bclark-es.co.nz@free.teranews.com>, Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote: > A friend of mind wants me to send e-mail to him in html format. Are there > any e-mail apps that can do this? Almost all of them, but there really isn't any need to do so. Keep sending mail in plain ASCII. -- All usenet users are quirky, but some are more quirky than others. Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org&...

Macro that e-mails one report using a different query for each rep/e-mail
I have created a database that brings in a new table weekly. I then made a separate query for each sales rep and a separate report for each rep. (The reports are all identical but call different queries.) Lastly, I created a macro that sends the reports to the respective rep via e-mail with the push of a button. I am pleased with myself for getting this far but I realize the next step is figure out how to use one report (so I don't have to change 10 when I need to make changes)that calls the different queries. I would be happy if the macro had ten lines in it that call the report, each...