Extract Text from a Checkbox and add text between values

Hi all,=20

FM 11Adv for widnows here :)

I have a checkbox list such as:
Apple, Banana, Orange, Lemon

Now, I would like to add another text value to each selected value of the c=
heckbox, in real time. So that when the user select "Orange" in the list, t=
here will be a Custom dialog box that will let her to insert an adjective (=
i.e. "Good", "Bad, "tasty" or whatever she likes).
Finally, I would like to report in a second field the combination of checke=
d value (from the checkbox) and the free adjective I have let the user add,=
 to have:

"Orange good", "apple Bad", "lemon tasty" etc...

I am trying to play with triggers so that the custom dialog box pops up as =
far as a value in the checkbox is checked (this works).
Unfortunately, the free text is added to the END of the checked values, and=
 I end up with something like:=20

Orange, Apple, Lemon good (or bad or tasty, actually the new added free tex=
t erases the preceding choices instead of adding up)=20

Might you please help ? It would be nice to define a solution that does not=
 use script triggers as well, if at all possible...

Thanks a lot !

Diego
0
Diego

Op 2-9-2013 20:18, Diego B schreef:
> Hi all,
>
> FM 11Adv for widnows here :)
>
> I have a checkbox list such as:
> Apple, Banana, Orange, Lemon
>
> Now, I would like to add another text value to each selected value of the checkbox, in real time. So that when the user select "Orange" in the list, there will be a Custom dialog box that will let her to insert an adjective (i.e. "Good", "Bad, "tasty" or whatever she likes).
> Finally, I would like to report in a second field the combination of checked value (from the checkbox) and the free adjective I have let the user add, to have:
>
> "Orange good", "apple Bad", "lemon tasty" etc...
>
> I am trying to play with triggers so that the custom dialog box pops up as far as a value in the checkbox is checked (this works).
> Unfortunately, the free text is added to the END of the checked values, and I end up with something like:
>
> Orange, Apple, Lemon good (or bad or tasty, actually the new added free text erases the preceding choices instead of adding up)
>
> Might you please help ? It would be nice to define a solution that does not use script triggers as well, if at all possible...
>
> Thanks a lot !
>
> Diego

There isn't an easy solution with checkboxes
Using four fields each using the same valuelist could work
but a user could then select oranges twice
I would not present the user with an extra choice
I would probably just type the fruits in a textbox
then present four fields next to the textbox to record the choices
But this would stumble when a lot of items are needed for the textbox
And since the textbox is hardcoded it would be easy to calculate the
result from this.
Then use calculated fields that return text.
first sentence is apples, if the field next to it is empty leave result
empty otherwise the calc returns "Apples are" & MyAdjective

There are other, more complex ways to resolve this, but for a small
amount of choices this would be my way to go.

--
met vriendelijke groeten,
Erik Appeldoorn
<ursus.kirk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Op 2-9-2013 20:18, Diego B schreef:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > FM 11Adv for widnows here :)
> >
> > I have a checkbox list such as:
> > Apple, Banana, Orange, Lemon
> >
> > Now, I would like to add another text value to each selected value of the
> > checkbox, in real time. So that when the user select "Orange" in the list,
> > there will be a Custom dialog box that will let her to insert an adjective
> > (i.e. "Good", "Bad, "tasty" or whatever she likes).
> > Finally, I would like to report in a second field the combination of
> > checked value (from the checkbox) and the free adjective I have let the
> > user add, to have:
> >
> > "Orange good", "apple Bad", "lemon tasty" etc...
> >
> > I am trying to play with triggers so that the custom dialog box pops up as
> > far as a value in the checkbox is checked (this works).
> > Unfortunately, the free text is added to the END of the checked values, and
> > I end up with something like:
> >
> > Orange, Apple, Lemon good (or bad or tasty, actually the new added free
> > text erases the preceding choices instead of adding up)
> >
> > Might you please help ? It would be nice to define a solution that does not
> > use script triggers as well, if at all possible...
> >
> > Thanks a lot !
> >
> > Diego
> >

> There isn't an easy solution with checkboxes
> Using four fields each using the same valuelist could work
> but a user could then select oranges twice
> I would not present the user with an extra choice
> I would probably just type the fruits in a textbox
> then present four fields next to the textbox to record the choices
> But this would stumble when a lot of items are needed for the textbox
> And since the textbox is hardcoded it would be easy to calculate the
> result from this.
> Then use calculated fields that return text.
> first sentence is apples, if the field next to it is empty leave result
> empty otherwise the calc returns "Apples are" & MyAdjective
>
> There are other, more complex ways to resolve this, but for a small
> amount of choices this would be my way to go.

It depends on how many choices there are and where those choice options
are coming from. If they are only relatively a"few" and they are hard
coded in a Value List (rather than retrieved from another file /
table), then you could create separate Value Lists (a single value for
each item) and use a separate checkbox fields and the separate
adjective fields you already need anyway. It does mean that the user
can't use the arrow keys to move down the various options though.

Using invisible buttons and a script to turn on / off the Checkboxes,
you could create a system that knows and can extract which option is
being checked and having an adjective added, but I think it's easier to
simply separate them.

Helpful Harry  :o)
0
Helpful

text + text
What is "text + text" supposed to do right now? It doesn't seem very useful to me. What about making "text + text" as an equivalent for "text || text"? Most strongly-typed programming languages do this. And MS SQL Server too, I think (CMIIW). -- dave ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org Am Freitag, 8. Oktober 2004 12:57 schrieb David Garamond: > What is "text + text" supposed to do right now? Nothing. > What a...

text-text

Extract Text Attributes to Text File
I am using Microstation Basic. How can you able to extract all the text attributes on a given dgn file? Thanks. -- Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG "Mel Arquiza" <carquiza@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:240f743821922a9eda6f0a10d269aa48.75998@mygate.mailgate.org > I am using Microstation Basic. > How can you able to extract all the text attributes on a given dgn file? > Thanks. Nobody answer this question. I will answer it. Here is just a basic code: Any comment great appreciated. 'Microstation Basic '...

Checkbox to load text into text area
I'm looking to create an online practice exam that mimics this one: http://www.castleworldwide.com/tds_v5/hybrid/asp/hybrid_exam_driver.asp Does anyone have any ideas on how to create checkboxes that load the responses without loading a new page? Any help would be appreciated. On Jan 31, 8:08 pm, Andy Burghardt <aburgh...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm looking to create an online practice exam that mimics this one:http://www.castleworldwide.com/tds_v5/hybrid/asp/hybrid_exam_driver.asp DB is down as of now. > Does anyone have any ideas on how to create checkboxes that load the...

How to add footer text as normal text
Hi all, I am using sendmail-8.12.11 for my mail server . I have set footer text for all outgoing mails from my domain "my.domain.com" using the following function in mimedefang . It works fine but the footer text is added to every mail as an attachment .. I want the footer text to be added as normal text for each mail not as an attachment .. Can we do this using mimedefang . If anybody knows the answer kindly assist me. # action_rebuild(); if ( $Sender =~ /\b(.*)\@my.domain.com\b/ ) { # action_rebuild(); #PSL Begin action_add_part($entity, "text/pl...

How to extract the plain text from a rich text ?
Hi everybody ! I can't find how to get a wxstring containing the plain text from a wxstring containing rich text. Does anybody how to do that ? Thanks ! ...

Database vs Text for text search
At what level a database will be better for a read only text search? I have some records, each has 6 fields. Each record has a pararent record. Each parent has less than 100 childs. Total records is about 1000-1500. I want to put everthing in one single file, or put each parent and their children in a file so I can have 20-30 files. I am afraid to go to the database route, because the limitation of concurent connections and the overhead of database search. Is there a cut-off number of records, below that line, text is better, above it, database is better? "http://links.i6networks...

extract a value in a text
hello i would like to extract a string in a long text my string is: 'lat=XX Long=XX date=XX' where XX are variable value then, when the sentence is extracted i want to use it as the title of a new file how can i manage to do that thank you very much remy "remy" <remy.zyngfogel@ifremer.fr> wrote in message news:ef04d4f.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > hello > > i would like to extract a string in a long text > my string is: > 'lat=XX Long=XX date=XX' > > where XX are variable value > > then, when the sentence is extracted i want to use ...

Add text to plot without overlaying text
I am generating many (500) plots automatically. Within each plot, I label several points with their values using the text command. Often the text labels overlap each other, so they can't be read. Is there a way to prevent this? I tried randomly adding offsets in y, but it does not prevent occasional overlapping of the text labels. Ideally the routine would look to see if other text labels were in the vicinity, then would offset a new label, perhaps drawing an arrow to the actual point. I couldn't find any treatment of overlapping labels in the user contributed file l...

Add new text box after entered text
Hello, I have an application that I'm building but I'm getting stuck on a few things. 1. I have a slider to select how many "sections" to have, this will then build a table of text boxes for a title in one column, and in the other column there will be 2 text boxes for an "option name" and "value". (I got this part) 2. When someone finishes entering the title, and one option/value then clicks off of the last box I want to create a new one for that option. If they don't enter a value for both I don't want it to show another group of text boxes. Ques...

Extract text with style from rich text fields
Hi everybody, Somebody know how can i extract text with its styles (bold, tables, pictures,etc) from a RicText field with LotusScript. I use the method richtextField.AppendText(textOfRitem) but only the text without his presentation is extracted. I put the extracted text in other RichText field (to create a report of all documents present in the base). in the follow line, the method that i use: Forall ch_action In doc.GetItemValue("RTField") Call rtitem.AppendText(ch_action) Call rtitem.AddNewline(2) End Forall Thank you Eric Mazzone, Hi Eric, a si...

How to get a ordered text combining Text and values
How can I to get a correct label in this case: In[]: k=18; Text["My curve for" k "units"] Out[]: My curve for 18 units Thanks k = 18; Text["My curve for " <> ToString[k] <> " units"] My curve for 18 units Bob Hanlon ---- Miguel <misvrne@gmail.com> wrote: > How can I to get a correct label in this case: > In[]: k=18; > Text["My curve for" k "units"] > > Out[]: My curve for 18 units > > Thanks > Some examples with increasing levels of format control. ...

Add some external text to indexed OCR text
Hello, we are scanning some documents as tiff and convert them into PDF documents. By OCR the contained text is indexed. Now we want to add some external text from a .txt file to the indexed text, but it shall not appear visible in the PDF document. I'm grateful for any hints how to achieve this. Regards, Jens "Jens Riedel" <JensRie@gmx.de> wrote in message news:3hso5vFir9ndU1@individual.net... > Hello, > > Now we want to add some external text from a .txt file to the indexed > text, but it shall not appear visible in the PDF document. PDF Meld can add t...

Add text to a field and keep the old text?
I know what I want to do, however I don't now how to do it, or if Im doing it right. Im running an update and I need to add text to a field and keep the text that was already their in order of "new text"+"old text". So I have this query I wrote, however as its a live db I cant chance the mistake. UPDATE users SET levels = 0, mbox = 0, notes = ? + notes WHERE subscription_id = ? LIMIT 1 * Question marks are converted via php to their values. Levi NVM I found what I needed. For anyone else you need CONCAT() On 12 Oct, 16:06, l3vi <ad...@madfrogproductions.c...

Oracle Forms, add text to text item
Oracle 9i, Forms 4.5 I want to insert(paste) fixed text strings into a text item at the actual cursor position. The insert will be fired from buttons pressed. Any suggestions and sample code appriciated. TIA Georg "Georg Beyer Clausen" <develop@gbcdesign.dk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:g1nsc.1980$Vf.85238@news000.worldonline.dk... > Oracle 9i, Forms 4.5 > > I want to insert(paste) fixed text strings into a text item at the actual > cursor position. > The insert will be fired from buttons pressed. > > Any suggestions and sample co...

Script to extract portions of text from a text file
I had a need to extract portions of text (delimited by fixed patterns) from a large text file. Here's a shell script that I wrote for this purpose. Kindly suggest a more "elegant" way to do the same: Thanks, Bhat #!/bin/ksh # Script to extract portions of text from a text file # # #set -x if [ "$#" -lt "3" ] then echo "usage $0: <input-file> <begin-pattern> <end-pattern>" exit 1 fi if [ ! -f "$1" ] then echo "File $1 does not exist" exit 2 fi if [ ! -r "$1" ] then echo "Error reading file $1...

extract a text, from a text file, that is contained between two strings
Hi to everybody... Can you tell me your best way to extract a text, from a text file, that is contained between two strings example: we have a file which contains these words << Ei fu. Siccome immobile, dato il mortal sospiro, stette la spoglia immemore orba di tanto spiro, .... >> I want extract that word contained between the 2 words "la" and "immemore" (this word will be "spoglia" at 3rd row, but I mean that more words could be present & contained in the same 'range') Thanks to everybody, I will be happy to read your opinions. :) Bye...

Encryption from text to text...
I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into another form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out there? Thanks. In article <418f03f8@news.starhub.net.sg>, Kelvin <thefatcat28@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt:: modules. FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:35:46 +0800, Kelvin wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters). Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters). Not sercure, but nice easy and simple. -- Andre...

Pages

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

ghostscript PDF page extraction, leaving text as text
Ghostscript may be used to extract pages from a PDF file with a command like this: gs -sDEVICE=pdfwrite \ -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dSAFER \ -dFirstPage=48 -dLastPage=48 \ -sOutputFile=onepage.pdf input.pdf The problem is, while that page looks the same as the original in a PDF reader, it seems to be an image rather than an "object" representation. That is, open the extracted PDF in something like Acrobat or PDF XChange Viewer and "search" and "text selection" work, whereas in the extracted one neither function works. Presumably this is because the text has been r...

Extracting values from text file
Hi A short newbie question. I would like to extract some values from a given text file directly into python variables. Can this be done simply by either standard library or other libraries? Some pointers where to get started would be much appreciated. An example text file: ----------- Some text that can span some lines. Apples 34 56 Ducks Some more text. 0.5 g butter ----------------- What I first though was if there was possible to make a filter such as: Apples (apples) (ducks) Ducks (butter) g butter The data can be put in a hash table. Or maybe there are better ways? I ...

text 2 text

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter...

Web resources about - Extract Text from a Checkbox and add text between values - comp.databases.filemaker

Checkbox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , a checkbox ( check box , tickbox , or tick box ) is a graphical user interface element ( widget ) that permits the user to make ...

XYplorer adds flat select tool, timestamping, sticky checkbox selection and improves portable device ...
... them a date previously copied to the clipboard. sc_* - *.doc matches both files beginning sc_ and those with a .doc extension. Sticky checkbox ...

Beware of checkbox marketing!
... able to sell the product at all and the company will go out of business. (sometimes in those exact words) These are the two edges of the checkbox ...

Disable Lion’s Resume Checkbox When Shutting Down [Video How-To]
One of the most annoying features in OS X Lion for me has been the little checkbox on the shutdown dialog box that states, "Reopen windows when ...

A Checkbox On Your Tax Return Helped Kill Public Campaign Funding
You already hate tax season, and as you move wearily through the cold calculations of the 1040 form, you come across a familiar checkbox. It’s ...

Presidential Campaign Spending & That Checkbox On Your Tax Return
Ever wonder what that Presidential Election Campaign checkbox on your tax return is all about? Here's the scoop.

Google's Clever Plan to Replace CAPTCHA With a Checkbox
CAPTCHAs are an unfortunate side effect of the internet. They're those irritating collection of numbers and letters morphed into some Surrealist ...

Great news: New EEOC checkbox category emerges
"Bow-tie'n white boys"? Hey, I tried to anticipate the next expansion in ethnic categorization yesterday with my proposal for recognition of ...

Checkbox Syndrome: Why We Spend Money on Things We Don't Need
Ever been overwhelmed by the temptation to buy the latest shiny thing because it's got another checkbox in the features column? We call this ...