Extracting a Database to a seperate Database

Is it possible to extract part of a database and create it in a seperate
database?

I have a large database and would like to take about 10 screens out and put
them into a seperate file?

Is there a quick and easy way of doing this or must I delete and re-create
the new database?

Falcon

0
Falcon

in article Pnh1c.8696$Db4.1479@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk, Falcon at
ernie-no-spam-faulkner@blueyonder.co.uk wrote on 3/3/04 4:18 AM:

> Is it possible to extract part of a database and create it in a seperate
> database?
>
> I have a large database and would like to take about 10 screens out and put
> them into a seperate file?
>
> Is there a quick and easy way of doing this or must I delete and re-create
> the new database?
>
> Falcon

If you want to retain the existing records, File/Save A Copy As.. a copy of
the current file.

If you want no records, File/Save A Copy As.. Clone (no records).

Rename the new file however you prefer, delete whatever layouts you don't
want.

Matt

0
Matt
3/3/2004 11:49:43 AM
Thanks!

"Matt Wills" <I'm@witz.end> wrote in message
> in article Pnh1c.8696$Db4.1479@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk, Falcon at
> ernie-no-spam-faulkner@blueyonder.co.uk wrote on 3/3/04 4:18 AM:
>
> > Is it possible to extract part of a database and create it in a seperate
> > database?
> >
> > I have a large database and would like to take about 10 screens out and
put
> > them into a seperate file?
> >
> > Is there a quick and easy way of doing this or must I delete and
re-create
> > the new database?
> >
> > Falcon
> >

> If you want to retain the existing records, File/Save A Copy As.. a copy
of
> the current file.
>
> If you want no records, File/Save A Copy As.. Clone (no records).
>
> Rename the new file however you prefer, delete whatever layouts you don't
> want.
>
> Matt

0
Falcon