FileMaker 7 Password problem with database

Dear FileMaker 7 users

I decided to implement a password protection on my database file.
I went to File-->File Options-->Open and Close
In that tab - I changed the Account: which was 'Admin' to a new user name
and added in a password as well.

Now when I access it - I can't - it says i have the wrong password.
I thought I might have mis-typed the password.

so I tried this on a dummy database twice - and the same problem has happened.
I can't access it with the new user account and password i entered.

what have I done wrong?
Is this database still salavagable?

Thank you very much
Mike
0
mng888

Michael <mng888@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear FileMaker 7 users
>
> I decided to implement a password protection on my database file.
> I went to File-->File Options-->Open and Close
> In that tab - I changed the Account: which was 'Admin' to a new user name
> and added in a password as well.
>
> Now when I access it - I can't - it says i have the wrong password.
> I thought I might have mis-typed the password.
>
> so I tried this on a dummy database twice - and the same problem has happened.
> I can't access it with the new user account and password i entered.
>
> what have I done wrong?
> Is this database still salavagable?
>
> Thank you very much
> Mike

Did you create this user first in 'Define Accounts & Privileges'?
--
Henk B
0

"Henk B" <henk.invalid@address.invalid> wrote in message
> Michael <mng888@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dear FileMaker 7 users
> >
> > I decided to implement a password protection on my database file.
> > I went to File-->File Options-->Open and Close
> > In that tab - I changed the Account: which was 'Admin' to a new user
name
> > and added in a password as well.
> >
> > Now when I access it - I can't - it says i have the wrong password.
> > I thought I might have mis-typed the password.
> >
> > so I tried this on a dummy database twice - and the same problem has
happened.
> > I can't access it with the new user account and password i entered.
> >
> > what have I done wrong?
> > Is this database still salavagable?
> >
> > Thank you very much
> > Mike
>
> Did you create this user first in 'Define Accounts & Privileges'?
> --
> Henk B

0
Sterling
9/12/2004 3:51:29 PM
Henk and Sterling

Thanks for the replies.
I didnot define access accounts and privelages as yet.
And I tried the original "Admin" account without a password and it worked.
I got access back to my database and thank you for the help!

Mike

"Sterling Ledet" <sjledet@ledet.com> wrote in message news:<Lf_0d.53402$Np2.7774@bignews4.bellsouth.net>...
> You can probably just use admin with no password if you didn't do as below.
>
> "Henk B" <henk.invalid@address.invalid> wrote in message
> > Michael <mng888@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Dear FileMaker 7 users
> > >
> > > I decided to implement a password protection on my database file.
> > > I went to File-->File Options-->Open and Close
> > > In that tab - I changed the Account: which was 'Admin' to a new user
>  name
> > > and added in a password as well.
> > >
> > > Now when I access it - I can't - it says i have the wrong password.
> > > I thought I might have mis-typed the password.
> > >
> > > so I tried this on a dummy database twice - and the same problem has
>  happened.
> > > I can't access it with the new user account and password i entered.
> > >
> > > what have I done wrong?
> > > Is this database still salavagable?
> > >
> > > Thank you very much
> > > Mike
> >
> > Did you create this user first in 'Define Accounts & Privileges'?
> > --
> > Henk B
0
mng888