Filtering data in a portal

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I'm trying to show a subset of the data displayed in a portal.

This is the current set up (filemaker 6.0):

I have a file called Master that contains information about clients.

I have a file called Jobs which contains, you guessed it, information
about jobs. This file is linked to the Master file by Client ID.

The Jobs file contains a text field called "type" which identifies each
record as either a "Job" or a "Quote"

I have a portal on the Master file that displays all the related Job
records for a particular client including both  "jobs" and "quotes".

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE a set of three radio buttons above the portal that
allow me to limit the display to showing "all" records, just the
"quotes" and just the "jobs"

As a bonus I'd also like to be able to sum the field called "Amount"
from each record and get a total amount that reflects each of the three
displays.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Justin

0
Reply justin (3) 12/11/2005 6:07:57 AM

See related articles to this posting

justin wrote:

> I'm trying to show a subset of the data displayed in a portal.
>
> This is the current set up (filemaker 6.0):
>
> I have a file called Master that contains information about clients.
>
> I have a file called Jobs which contains, you guessed it, information
> about jobs. This file is linked to the Master file by Client ID.
>
> The Jobs file contains a text field called "type" which identifies
> each record as either a "Job" or a "Quote"
>
> I have a portal on the Master file that displays all the related Job
> records for a particular client including both  "jobs" and "quotes".
>
> I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE a set of three radio buttons above the portal
> that allow me to limit the display to showing "all" records, just the
> "quotes" and just the "jobs"
>
> As a bonus I'd also like to be able to sum the field called "Amount"
> from each record and get a total amount that reflects each of the
> three displays.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Justin

If you format the field as "Jobs" and "Quotes" checkboxes instead of
radio Buttons, you'll find that the relationship will match however
many boxes are checked.

You'll have to check both Jobs and Quotes to get All, but it would be
simple to script a button to do that for you.

The idea is that when multiple checkboxes are selected, the actual text
value of the field is a return-separated list, and the realtionship
sees them all as matching values.

So, for instance, if you had both Jobs and Quotes selected, the actual
field value (if you were to simply display it as a text field) would be

Jobs
Quotes

and all would be displayed.

Matt
0
Reply Matt 12/11/2005 12:24:35 PM

Hi Matt:

That's a great suggestions, thanks. I'm not sure though how to work the
relationships so this filters the data that's already shown in the
portal.

The relationship that currently defines the portal is based on Client
ID. How do I  get it to ALSO match a relationship with the results of
the check boxes you describe?

Thanks.

J.

0
Reply justin 12/11/2005 5:58:39 PM

justin wrote:

> Hi Matt:
>
> That's a great suggestions, thanks. I'm not sure though how to work
> the relationships so this filters the data that's already shown in the
> portal.
>
> The relationship that currently defines the portal is based on Client
> ID. How do I  get it to ALSO match a relationship with the results of
> the check boxes you describe?
>
> Thanks.
>
> J.

First, look at what you have in the child records that identifies each
as either a Job or a Quote. You need a single field that specifically
identifies each record (e.g., Type) with a J or a Q (or, "Job" and
"Quote", it's up to you). Populate the fields accordingly.

Make a Type field in the parent (Client or Account) table. Define the
field as a checkbox set on the layout, taking its values from a value
list which you've defined as having a "J" and a "Q" (or "Job" and
"Quote") as its values.

Don't worry about the checkbox value choices displayed on the layout.
They can always be covered with something else.

Now go to your Relationship Graph, and connect the Type fields in the
two tables using the same table occurrences that define the existing
relationship.

What you've done is create a multiple criteria relationship, requiring
that the records displayed in the portal have both ClientID and Type as
matches. In Browse Mode, the portal will display that client's Jobs or
Quotes, depending on which box is checked. Bear in mind that you now
must have either or both boxes checked in the parent record, or nothing
at all will display in the portal.

For a display of all records, you can either select both boxes
manually, or do a script:

Set Field [ Clients::Type ; "JParQ" ]
or
Set Field [ Clients::Type ; "JobParQuote" ]

That "Par" is intended to be a Paragraph sign, otherwise known as a
"pilcrow" (or, much less commonly, "alinea") which you can select from
the symbols in the Set Field dialog. Put a button on the layout to run
the script.

Hope all that's clear enough.

Matt
0
Reply Matt 12/11/2005 11:29:16 PM
comp.databases.filemaker 10778 articles. 18 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Lowpass filter: how to filter my data?
Hello, I have a time series that I have to clean up by running a low pass filter. And I am clueless as to how it works. I read the help files but I don't understand anything. Here is a sample for my time series: 1988 1 1 33.2 1988 1 2 32.9 1988 1 3 33.6 1988 1 4 33.2 1988 1 5 31.8 1988 1 6 30.6 1988 1 7 31.1 1988 1 8 32.6 1988 1 9 32.5 1988 1 10 31.5 1988 1 11 30.3 1988 1 12 29.4 1988 1 13 29.5 1988 1 14 29.8 Can anyone help me please? Aurelie We accept that you're clueless and that you don't understand anything (neither of which I'...

Filtering vibration data
I have laser displacement data measuring vibrations (3s at 4000hz). I want to apply a high-pass filter (>2hz) to reduce noise that I know is related to other things not of interest. I've been doing this as follows flt = fir1(1000,2/2000,'high'); dataFilt = filtfilt(flt,1,data); The resulting FFT spectrum looks as expected but I'm unsure of what filter order I should be using, e.g. data fitting with a higher order function always fits the sampled data better than low order functions but isn't necessarily the best description of the physics....am I doing that here and ...

Butterworth filter is not filtering data properly
Hello,   I am trying to use a low-level Butterworth filter to filter some data.  I am sampling the data at 100 samples per second so I have been using this as the sampling frequency.  I have also initialized the filter so that it will theoretically work continuously.  After playing around with different cut off levels, to no success, I wanted to see if my data was simply passing through the filter correctly... which it isn't.  I have read related postings on "High Pass Filter Settings [NEW]" and I am thinking that my sample rate is no...

Filtering streaming data and correcting for the filter delay
Hi list, I want to to filter a streaming data, one chunk at a time, and at the same time correct for the delay introduced by the filter (to make my post processing simpler).. I know that 'filter' can be used with initial conditions in such cases, but I don't know how to correct the delay. On the other hand, 'filtfilt' corrects for the delay but doesn't accept the initial conditions (I think it has its own way of doing that).. Any suggestions or references please.. Thanks in advance csn On 5 Okt, 11:46, Nagaraj <csn....@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi list, > &...

Creating a new data structure while filtering its data origin.
Hi everyone. I'm trying to work with very simple data structures but I'm stuck in the very first steps. If someone has the luxury of a few minutes and can give an advice how to resolve this, I'll really appreciate it. 1- I have a list of tuples like this: lista= [(162, 141, 3), (162, 141, 3), (162, 141, 3), (168, 141, 2), (168, 141, 2), (168, 141, 2), (201, 141, 1), (213, 141, 1), (203, 141, 1), (562, 142, 4), (562, 142, 4), (562, 142, 4), (568, 142, 2), (568, 142, 2), (568, 142, 2), (501, 142, 1), (513, 142, 1), (503, 142, 1)] and I want to end with a dict like this: {141: {1:...

filtered the data to get only one data per day
Hi, &nbsp; From the excel file below I have Power (from Hg Lamp) vs date. I would like to filtered the data to have only one data per day. So when there are many data for one day, I want the data with Max Power (and delete the others). In the test vi below I filtered data by compared the data 1 by 1. So I reduced the number of data but I still have date with many data. &nbsp; I would like to count the number of data per days and keep the data with max power, but I don't know how to do it. If you have any ideas... Thanks &nbsp; Geof &nbsp; Test.xls: http://forums.ni.com/at...

Filtering Portals
Portals are driving me crazy. Is there a way to filter a portal by "sales date" or "salesperson" on the fly. Or assuming I have the talble "Sales" set up, what would be the proper relationship to set up to show only records for a partiular sales period. Lets say the past 90 days. This is using FM 7 Thanks JC LEwis There are various ways of doing this depending on your needs. Let me tackle the final part of your question. Make a new table Filter with a global date field Date1, a global number field Days and a global Date calculation Date2 = Date1 + Days. ...

Filtered Portal
I have set up a filtered portal using "global fields" g_salesperson g_team leader g_currentmonthsold I have success in using this with the relationship of each of the globals matching "=" their "match field" but; it only works when I have two of the items above in the relationship. How would you set it up to say that if we left g-salesperson "blank" the portal would work off of the other two parameters. Thanks JC Lewis I'm unclear as to what you're asking. What are the names of the relevant tables? What are the names of the match fields f...

Filtering out and sending data to the correct graph depending on data identifier
Hi! I'm a student and I'm working with LabView 7 for the first time. I'm looking for tutorials or hints from you on how to solve the following problem: I have managed to set up serial comm. so I get a string, I can log data to a file and I can show the raw data in a text display.. now.. I'm talking with a naon-satellite and the VI is going to act as a groundstation for it. (This is a student project, and I chose to try to develop the groundstation in LabView, none of the others did, help me impress them with the coolest groundstation controll software! :) The nano satellite w...

How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets
Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 separate SAS data sets to create a third. I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to see the coding technique. Problem: Sas Data set 1 contains 1 variable and 1000 obs. Sas Data set 2 contains 15 variables and 500000 obs. I need to filter off the data in Sas data set 2 based on Sas data set 1 Node1, Node2 and Node3 must match VAR1 exactly. I have all the code I need to do this except for splitting the data into a separate SAS data set (NEWLISTS). Psuedo...

data filtering
I want to filter an array to delete all rows containing a certain constant value in a certain column. I can do this in Excel using the Data/Filter command, and then Delete Rows. It is so simple in Excel! Is it impossible in MATLAB? doug shields wrote: > I want to filter an array to delete all rows containing a certain > constant value in a certain column. > > I can do this in Excel using the Data/Filter command, and then Delete > Rows. > > It is so simple in Excel! Is it impossible in MATLAB? Far from impossible, easy in fact: A=magic(3) A((A(:,2)==5,:)=[]; A doug s...

filtering data:
Hello, I'm a newbie of signal processing. I have several time histories and I would like to filter the data. So I have used fdatool for designing that. In particular I have designed a low pass filter IIR butterworth in direct form-II. Now I have exported it and I have got a SOS matrix in the workspace. How can I use that filter for filtering my time history? Thank you "pietro " <bracardi82@email.it> wrote in message <i9nbdj$snb$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hello, I'm a newbie of signal processing. I have several time histories and I would like to filter the d...

Filters on the data
Hi guys, I wanted to ask you for help as I am struggling with it second evening already... I have got tables DEVICES and PARTS. One device can consist of multiple parts. But... I have also another table - FILTERS (id int, type int, is_not int, phrase varchar(40)) where:id - just id, type - filter type - can be 1 - for devices and 2 for parts, is_not - says if the phrase has to be in a description (0) or must not be there (1) phrase - word to found in the description My trouble is when I want to apply three filters at once: 1. Find devices with description containing PHRASE 2. Find parts wi...

filter data
Hi! I hav e created a LP filter from a circuit diagram as a transfer function. I then take [num,den]=tfdata(LP,'v') and want to filter a data sequence filter(num,den,data) but something goes wrong. No error message is returned but the output of the filter diverges. What am I doing wrong? Tom Tom Turbo wrote: >Hi! > >I hav e created a LP filter from a circuit diagram >as a transfer function. > >I then take [num,den]=tfdata(LP,'v') > >and want to filter a data sequence filter(num,den,data) >but something goes wrong. No error message is returned &...

Filtering the Data
Dear All, I have a data of blood collection at 4 time points in a day namely "At check in", "Pre dose", "2 hr post dose" and "4 hr post dose". I am going to analyse only the "4 hr dose". If "4 hr post dose" is not available then i have to analyse the last avaiable time point data. I have written a code as below, but i didnt get the result. if time = "4 hr post dose" and value ne . then do; if time = "2 hr post dose" then delete; if time = "Pre dose" then delete; if time = "At ch...

filtering a data
Hi, I have a set of data. According to my recomendation values smaller than 25 is meaningless and must be filtered. Is there a function for that in MATLAB? What I want to do is something like A=[1 3 32 43]; AA=filter_function(25,A) will return A=[32 43]; TIA Try, A(find(A < 25)) = []; Volvo wrote: > Hi, > > I have a set of data. According to my recomendation values smaller than 25 > is meaningless and must be filtered. > > > Is there a function for that in MATLAB? > > What I want to do is something like &...

filter data
Hi I need to filter some data, its basically ratio values verses time for a temperature sensor. I'm already using an averaging filter but the overall response of the sensor changes. This is shown when you run the attached VI and select the text file. One graph shows prefiltered data while the second shows filtered data. Can you suggest a filter that would filter the data without changing its response, any help at all would be greatly appreciated, Best regards, Mary. Please repost your VI. Second any of the filter Vi's should work. ...

filtering data
Hi all, I've got two questions; I hope not to steal you too much time. I must filter raw accelerations and angular rates coming from an inertial platform, acquired at 100 Hz. I'm trying to create a good digital filter using Simulink Digital Filter Tool, into DSP Blockset. Yesterday I tried a low-pass one with good results, but I wonder if someone of you have already face this problem and could give me some suggestions. The second question is more general. Into the DSP blockset there is also the Analog Filter Design Tool: how can it work as analog filter? Data are always digital...

Portal Filter
Hi I'm using a global field to create a filter for a relationship that will display only the correct data in a portal, by script I change the global field to change the contant of the portal. That work fine, I have data type and the relationship is a "=" type... how can I make a way to also display all the data, using the same portal and layout setup I want the user to be able to select to display, "service call", "Installation", and "Maintenance" but how can I make a filter-relationship that will diplay also all of them ?? Thank you JF Fo...

Data filtering
Howdy folks; I need to build some queries that manage the data in 2 tables. I have one table that is called Applications. This table contains information relating to an application such as its name, the vendor, version etc. But to keep it simple here, I will just describe the table like this: Applications: APP_ID APP_NAME ---------+------------------------- Autonum |Text (255) I have a second table. This table contains records that describe specific information about an applciation such as licensing information, network dependencies etc in the application table. To keep it si...

To smooth and filter data having data set of 1:250000 samples
Hi .. Can anyone help me in resolving my query, I am not being able to filter my data using bandpass filter with desired frequency range of 400hz -12Khz and then smooth data using LOESS technique. Data Specification: data is is stored in .dat file format having 1:250000 samples stored in a matrix form , I would also like to have plots for the data after filtering and smoothing .. I have tried using inbuilt function for both bp filter and smooth function but it did nt work for me ... Therefore, if anybody knows how to do it please give your valuable suggestions... any kind of ...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets
Lizette, a quick question first: what release of SAS are you using? Seems like an ideal task for a hash solution. Hashes however are only available with SAS version 9. Robert Bardos Ansys AG, Zurich, Switzerland > -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- > Von: SAS(r) Discussion > [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]Im Auftrag von > Lizette Koehler > Gesendet: Montag, 2. April 2007 16:53 > An: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Betreff: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets > > > Listers, > > This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 > se...

IRIX 6.5.x filtering audit data (how to not audit the filter)
IRIX 6.5 allows you to filter the audit data using something like: satd -o | myfilter | satd -i -f /var/adm/sat How can I prevent the "myfilter" program from being audited? The best example of why I want to prevent this process from being audited is if you are auditing sat_fd_read events, "myfilter" generates lots of these events. Even if I filter them out (using itself) the cpu cost is prohibitive. There must be a way to accomplish this as the satd processes don't generate any audit events. I'm also interested in this, anyone have any sugges...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #5
Lizette: Can you show (1) your nested do loops that work for you, and (2) some sample data and the data sets that you desire to get? -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Lizette Koehler Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 9:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets Listers, This is my failing point in coding SAS. The use of 2 separate SAS data sets to create a third. I can do this in a program with nested Do loops. But with SAS it is just different enough I seem to be unable to ...