FMS 5.5 on Windows Server 2003?

Anyone hosting Filemaker Server 5.0/5.5 on Windows Server 2003?  Any
recommendations, caveats or horror stories?

TIA.
0
shattered (1)

Wasatch Softrip V4.5 DC052003 [3 CDs], Windows Server 2003, OFFICE SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL V2003 - MICROSOFT [5 CDs], vs.net 2003 [10 CDs], LIVE COMMUNICATIONS SERVER 2003 STANDARD *ENGLISH*
Wasatch Softrip V4.5 DC052003 [3 CDs], Windows Server 2003, OFFICE SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL V2003 - MICROSOFT [5 CDs], vs.net 2003 [10 CDs], LIVE COMMUNICATIONS SERVER 2003 STANDARD *ENGLISH* - MICROSOFT, IBM Everyplace Mobile Device Enterprise Toolkit v2.0 WS, AutoRoute 2004 [2 CDs], MapPoint Europe 2004 [2 CDs], DVD 01 Microsoft Encarta Reference Library Plus DVD 2004, Paloalto Business Plan Pro 2004, Peachtree First Accounting 2004, for more .nfo, please send e-mail -> tel2003@pathfinder.gr, tel2003@popmail.com, msteve@otenet.gr, and for the complete list of 12,000 PC tutorials, for 300 Med...

PB 6.5 on SQL Anywhere 5.5 on Windows Server 2003 Flatform
just want to know if these were possible: PB 6.5 on SQL Anywhere 5.5 on Windows Server 2003 Flatform PB 6.5 on MS sql Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 Flatform PB 7.0 on SQL Anywhere 5.5 on Windows Server 2003 Flatform PB 7.0 on MS sql Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 Flatform Iin case how do i make d connection. thanks appreciate it very much. Rollyvoi I'm using PB 6.5 with SQL Server (6.5/7.0/2000) on Winnt4/Win2000/2003 Server with no probelms at all both with ODBC or PB Native Interfaces for SQL 6 provided with PB 6.0 Entrprise "Rollyvoi"...

delphi 5.5 app w/ sybase ASE 12.5.1 on Windows 2003 Server
Hello, I'm running a vendor application written in delphi 5.5 that talks to a sybase DB on ASE 12.5.1 on a windows 2003 server. I'm running into an issue where my app closes immediately whenever i try to commit data to the db. My question is the following is there any known issue between the above versions of delphi and sybase where the above behavior is exhibited? I can query the database using the application w/o a problem and i've writen a php script that writes to the same db using odbc w/o a problem either. I don't see any event viewer errors on windows, and ...

appbroker 5.5 and Windows Server 2003 SP1
Hallo! Does anyone knows if Clarion application broker 5.5 (ISAPI version) runs on Windows Server 2003 with SP1??? If it does, how the settings for IIS(and other) should look like? I set it up on Win NT 4.0(sp6) and Win 2000(sp4) (both servers) and it works OK. Thank You! ...

Converting Filemaker 4 database to 5.0 or 5.5.
I have a Filemaker 4 database on an old IMac and need to move it to a new Intel IMac. I am trying to convert the file to Filemaker 5.5, so I can access it on the Intel IMac. When I try to open the file through FMP 5.5 I get the following message: This is Filemaker Pro Release 5.5. "ADDRESSES.fp3" was created by version 4.0 of Filemaker and cannot be opened by this version. Please call Filemaker, Inc. Technical Support. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get this file to open in a newer version? Thanks. Maria In article <1142371774.630492.220960@z34g2000cwc.goog...

Cannot Import data into SQL Server database from FileMaker Pro 5.5
Hi everyone, I've got some strange problem, I need to import file from Filemaker Pro 5.5 into SQL Server database,using dts package and I'm getting error: "An attempt to fetch forward has failed for table:XXX. Unknown error. Error in row. Context: your provider doesn't support all interfaces/methods required by DTS" But interesting thing that I've done this before using the sam file.with no problems,I used query builder,to select fields,and it transfered perfect(my own select statement doesn't work.Every time it says ( different column name )is not found. And I c...

Installation directory of Filemaker server 5.5 on Windows 2000
I installed FMS 5.5 on the c-partition where I should have installed it on the d-partition as a company policy, since data should not be on the systempartition c. So, I tried to uninstall FMS and received an MSI error for which I contacted support. There's a fix for it on the support site. Now the support tells me I should leave all on c instead of reinstalling on d, because otherwise the clients won't find the hosted files. Is this true or should it work, as long as I place the databases under the program directory on the local drive d of my FM Server ? Are there any problems to be en...

Migrating from NT4 to Windows server 2003
Hi In January 2005 we stop useing NT4 and migrate to Windows Server 2003. Are there any problems reported form users or known issues? FileMaker Inc is not very specific on this. They say that they are not ready with testing or that there has been no problems reported. Regards, Marcel Kollenaar Dutch National Curriculum Development Institute ...

Filemaker Server 5.5 won't start on Windows 2000
Hello, Yesterday, our filemaker 5.5 server stopped working after a reboot of our windows 2000 server (SP4). When we try to start the service, we get the following error. "Windows cannot start the FileMaker Server on Local Computer." We have uninstalled and reinstalled the FileMaker 5.5 Server, with the same results. In the event viewer, the error is: "The FileMaker Server service terminated with service-specific error 50" To verify that the database is ok, we copied it to another computer and installed FMS 5.5 and it works fine. Any ideas or troubleshooting tips wou...

filemaker server 5 and windows 2000 server
I wave a win2000 fileserver supporting 10 workstations. Do you thing that is possible to install FM server on the same system to support 3 FM concurrent users (for a small database) or should I use a dedicated machine just for FM server (witch I don't have). You may want to try, no harm in doing so, but the rule says : "always = put FMServer on a dedicated machine". Such a machine may be a very small = modern one with Windows XP Professional for a cost of say 300 dollars. Remi-Noel "Hatzigiannakis Nikos" <nikos@ypai.gr> a =E9crit dans le message de = news: cl...

changing filemaker documents when files are active on filemaker 5.5 server
I am running a� filemaker database on my filmaker server. It is said that you can change your databese, for example field and relationships even when the files are active(open) as long as you are the only one that have them open. I seem to be able to change almost everything but I cannot change fields then I always get the error: This Command cannot be used with a shared file. To use this command make sure that you are the only user of "filename". Well I am sure I am the only user. So way cannot not change this. If anyone has any idea please help me. Hi Ester, Looks like you ha...

Filemaker Server 5.5 Problems
Hi, Macintosh G4 w/ Mac OS 9.2.2, & FM Server 5.5 I can "Create a new schedule", set it up, and exit it... and it appears to work (ie the files *are* being periodically dumped to the backup folder, but its not registering the schedule in the schedules menu. The "Edit Schedules" is grayed, and so are all the rest of the options except "Create New Schedule". I can create additional schedules and they all work... but I can't see or edit them after creating them. Anyone know what caused this/ how to fix it/ seen it before? Its already a clean install done ...

FileMaker 5.5 Server MSI
I have recently had installed Filemaker 5.5 installed on a windows 2003 server however my client has decided to go with SQL for one reason or another. I have gone to uninstall but get the message that a DLL is missing etc. Have obtained the fix from filemaker to rectify this however when it goes through the process it asks for the lcoation of the msi file. This I have not got as a third party company installed it and they have the file and since communications broke down with them, I have little chance of getting it from them. Has anyone got any ideas as all I want to do is uninstall the 5.5...

FileMaker Server 5.5 and Mac OS X Server 10.4?
Is FileMaker Server 5.5 compatible with Mac OS X Server 10.4? On 2005-09-02 20:12:20 -0400, "John Cradock" <kananga@gmail.com> said: > Is FileMaker Server 5.5 compatible with Mac OS X Server 10.4? Yes it is. I am currently running FMS 5.5 on an xserve. Thanks for your reply. I actually ended up speaking with FileMaker about this, and they say that FileMaker Server 5.5 is not officially supported on Mac OS X Server 10.3 or 10.4, but that there are many more problems running it on 10.4 Server than 10.3. Apparently most people running it on 10.3 don't have too many p...

Web resources about - FMS 5.5 on Windows Server 2003? - comp.databases.filemaker

The Windows Blog

Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102 arrives on the Fast ring
Microsoft promised late last year that it would be speeding up the rate that new Windows 10 preview builds arrived on the Fast ring in 2016, ...

How to stop Windows 10 from constantly bothering you about what’s bothering you
... this month, Microsoft unwittingly angered a significant portion of its user base by publishing frightening specific statistics about Windows ...

A developer is so frustrated by the Windows 10 app store, he's telling people to stop writing Windows ...
For months, developers have been complaining about a big problem with Microsoft's Windows 10 app store: their apps never show up in the search ...

Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel's x86 chips
After years, the wait for Intel-based Windows smartphones could be coming to an end. The Windows 10 Mobile OS popularly known as Windows Phone ...

Scientists figure out how to create affordable smart windows
Imagine having the power to tweak your windows' opacity depending on the weather. That's one application a group of MIT scientists believe they've ...

The Windows 10 store has a serious app discovery issue, and its developers aren’t pleased
Windows 10 has a significant problem with app searching and discovery, and it's driven one longtime developer to call for boycotting the Windows ...

Resistance Is Futile: You Will Be Assimilated Into Windows 10
We are Microsoft. You will be assimilated into Windows 10. Resistance is futile. It seems that Microsoft has decided to fashion its Windows 10 ...