How can I write FM reports to file?

Instead of printing my FileMaker reports on paper, I want to write them to
file so that I can e-mail them as image files like pdf or tif or jpeg

I can "Print to File" my reports but the file creasted will not open.

Can I can convert the file (what type should I create "prn?") to tif or jpeg
or pdf.

Thanks for any help

0
Bob

Bob Benjamin wrote:
> Instead of printing my FileMaker reports on paper, I want to write them to
> file so that I can e-mail them as image files like pdf or tif or jpeg
>
> I can "Print to File" my reports but the file creasted will not open.

That is probably a postscript file. It can be turned into a .pdf with
adobe acrobat.

> Can I can convert the file (what type should I create "prn?") to tif or jpeg
> or pdf.

In Mac OS X you can save to a PDF from any application. It's built into
the OS. I don't know what OS you are using, though. If you are using OS9
or windoze, there are shareware solutions to let you print to pdf.

0
Paul
6/27/2003 2:54:38 AM
* Paul Bruneau <paul@ethicalpaul.com>:
> Bob Benjamin wrote:
>> Instead of printing my FileMaker reports on paper, I want to write them to
>> file so that I can e-mail them as image files like pdf or tif or jpeg

If your using OS9 there was a product that I used really successfully
called "PrintToPdf" it was shareware, a bargain at 20 bones.

As for Bill's OS not my area of expertise.

loulou (after a round at the circle bar)
0
Lou
6/27/2003 7:54:19 AM
If the report is one page only, you can copy the preview mode view to the
clipboard, and then paste it into Paint or anything else that will accept
the graphic. Then save the file. Too cumbersome for multi-page reports, I
would assume.

"Bob Benjamin" <benb@magma.ca> wrote in message
> Instead of printing my FileMaker reports on paper, I want to write them to
> file so that I can e-mail them as image files like pdf or tif or jpeg
>
> I can "Print to File" my reports but the file creasted will not open.
>
> Can I can convert the file (what type should I create "prn?") to tif or
jpeg
> or pdf.
>
> Thanks for any help

0
odd
6/27/2003 10:19:56 PM
If you have a PDF Writer installed as a printer, you can do it easy.  I do
it all the time to e-mail a printed page. (Windows)

"Bob Benjamin" <benb@magma.ca> wrote in message
> Instead of printing my FileMaker reports on paper, I want to write them to
> file so that I can e-mail them as image files like pdf or tif or jpeg
>
> I can "Print to File" my reports but the file creasted will not open.
>
> Can I can convert the file (what type should I create "prn?") to tif or
jpeg
> or pdf.
>
> Thanks for any help

0
rqo
6/27/2003 11:09:32 PM
www.fineprint.com

In article <bdieva$8dn$1@slb9.atl.mindspring.net>, oddlot50@yahoo.com
says...
> If the report is one page only, you can copy the preview mode view to the
> clipboard, and then paste it into Paint or anything else that will accept
> the graphic. Then save the file. Too cumbersome for multi-page reports, I
> would assume.
>

> "Bob Benjamin" <benb@magma.ca> wrote in message
> > Instead of printing my FileMaker reports on paper, I want to write them to
> > file so that I can e-mail them as image files like pdf or tif or jpeg
> >
> > I can "Print to File" my reports but the file creasted will not open.
> >
> > Can I can convert the file (what type should I create "prn?") to tif or
> jpeg
> > or pdf.
> >
> > Thanks for any help

0
Alan
6/28/2003 5:56:25 AM
Bob,

Sure you can.  It gets a bit memory large.  I you can write a script as:
  EnterPreviewMode
  Copy
  EnterBrowseMode
  Paste (to a container field)
The container field now holds a "picture" of the printed page.

Riley Waugh
WRW Solutions
St. Croix, Virgin Islands

"rqo" <safetyo@bellnospamsouth.net> wrote in message news:<h%3La.2560$Im5.2079@fe03.atl2.webusenet.com>...
> If you have a PDF Writer installed as a printer, you can do it easy.  I do
> it all the time to e-mail a printed page. (Windows)
>

> "Bob Benjamin" <benb@magma.ca> wrote in message
> > Instead of printing my FileMaker reports on paper, I want to write them to
> > file so that I can e-mail them as image files like pdf or tif or jpeg
> >
> > I can "Print to File" my reports but the file creasted will not open.
> >
> > Can I can convert the file (what type should I create "prn?") to tif or
>  jpeg
> > or pdf.
> >
> > Thanks for any help

0