Multi-page form repeats first page over and over

Hello fellow Filemakers,

I'm very new to the development side of Filemaker Pro. I was a user in
an office/lab environment for a few years, but now I'm developing a
database solution for my graphic/web design company. My question is
this: I've set up a table called "Legal Forms". The fields are all the
variables in my basic terms and conditions and other legal forms that
may change for each new project. I have one layout called "Basic Terms
& Conditions Data Entry" where, you guessed it, I enter all the data in
a "Form" view. I have another layout called "Basic Terms & Conditions
Formatted", where I have my six page document laid out in the body
part, with inserted merge fields referencing each of my table's fields.
Everything works as planned until I look at the document in "Preview".
It shows my front page, then as I click through the rest of the pages
of my document, the first page repeats the whole way. Anybody know
what's going on?

Thanks in advance!

Most likely there is some part sticking over the edge somewhere. Make sure
the are no fields, not even a line, not even a pixel on or over the border
between parts.

if this doesn't help, it might be a good idea to split your print into six
seperate layouts. Then making these fit to the maximum size of your printer.
It can easily be scripted that all six off the layouts print in the correct
order. This seems like a lot of work, but I have done this with good
results, you need only set it up once.

--
Keep well,
Ursus

<Daniel.Genser@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
> Hello fellow Filemakers,
>
> I'm very new to the development side of Filemaker Pro. I was a user in
> an office/lab environment for a few years, but now I'm developing a
> database solution for my graphic/web design company. My question is
> this: I've set up a table called "Legal Forms". The fields are all the
> variables in my basic terms and conditions and other legal forms that
> may change for each new project. I have one layout called "Basic Terms
> & Conditions Data Entry" where, you guessed it, I enter all the data in
> a "Form" view. I have another layout called "Basic Terms & Conditions
> Formatted", where I have my six page document laid out in the body
> part, with inserted merge fields referencing each of my table's fields.
> Everything works as planned until I look at the document in "Preview".
> It shows my front page, then as I click through the rest of the pages
> of my document, the first page repeats the whole way. Anybody know
> what's going on?
>
> Thanks in advance!

0
ursus.kirk1 (595)
8/4/2006 9:07:09 PM
Thanks Ursus! I hadn't considered that the body might be overlapping
the footer. I'll check  that. Thanks for the second idea, too. That
would be less ideal, but would probably work.