Multiuser with Developer

I want to build a multi-user app with filemaker developer 7.
I can open a database as a host with filemaker developer, but when I bind
it into an exe file, the file is not hosted anymore.
How can I make an exe file to host a database and how can I make an exe
file to remote-open this database?

Greetings,
Ben.
0
bvdijk
1/1/2006 7:55:10 PM
comp.databases.filemaker 10982 articles. 0 followers. amosw01 (46) is leader. Post Follow

In article <Xns973ED4752AED5benvandijkREMOVEhccn@194.109.133.141>,
benvandijkREMOVE@hccnet.nl says...
> I want to build a multi-user app with filemaker developer 7.
> I can open a database as a host with filemaker developer, but when I bind
> it into an exe file, the file is not hosted anymore.
> How can I make an exe file to host a database and how can I make an exe
> file to remote-open this database?

You can't.

FM knows that letting people buy one copy of Developer and binding
multiuser solutions to be installed on 50 machines would seriously
cannibalize the sales of filemaker pro.

They would be right.

Thus, for a long long time now, all multiuser capabilities of Filemaker
'bound' solutions are single user only.

If you want to distribute a multiuser filemaker database, your users
will have to purchase filemaker pro (and a server to if its more than
just a few users).

-regards,
Dave

No, long ago, FMI understood that it was loosing a lot of revenue if
'Binded' bases could be seen as such in a network. So it it took away
that function. But those binded files (not the '.exe'' ones) can still
be seen with regular FMP that you have to buy...
Remi-Noel

"bvdijk" <benvandijkREMOVE@hccnet.nl> a �crit dans le message de news:
Xns973ED4752AED5benvandijkREMOVEhccn@194.109.133.141...
>I want to build a multi-user app with filemaker developer 7.
> I can open a database as a host with filemaker developer, but when I
> bind
> it into an exe file, the file is not hosted anymore.
> How can I make an exe file to host a database and how can I make an
> exe
> file to remote-open this database?
>
> Greetings,
> Ben.