PC versus Mac graphic print quality

I hope this is in the right topic.  I have a graphic in a layout that
doesn't print the same from PC's as it does from Mac's.  The Mac
printout is much smoother than the PC one, as if it's changed the
resolution.  However botht he Mac and PC use the same layout in the
same database (in FileMaker Pro 7) and the printer dot pitch is the
same as far as i can tell.  The PC is using an HP LaserJet 4M Plus
printer and I tried installing a PostScript driver for it but it
didn't help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  There also seems to be an issue
with a PC viewing graphics in a database done on a Mac.

Isobel
0
fmforum (1)

Isobel <fmforum@veqtor.co.uk> wrote:

> I hope this is in the right topic.  I have a graphic in a layout that
> doesn't print the same from PC's as it does from Mac's.  The Mac
> printout is much smoother than the PC one, as if it's changed the
> resolution.  However botht he Mac and PC use the same layout in the
> same database (in FileMaker Pro 7) and the printer dot pitch is the
> same as far as i can tell.  The PC is using an HP LaserJet 4M Plus
> printer and I tried installing a PostScript driver for it but it
> didn't help.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.  There also seems to be an issue
> with a PC viewing graphics in a database done on a Mac.

Isobel, this is a known issue with FM 7 on Windows machines. It's not
your machine and there isn't anything anyone can do until FMI brings out
a bug fix.

The only suggestions right now are to stay with FM 6 if possible, or to
only deploy 7 on Macs. It's one of the major "we wish you'd waited just
a bit longer" issues with the first release of 7.

Lynn Allen
www.semiotics.com

FM7 Tip of the Day: When showing records from more than one table away,
the relationship will fail unless there are valid records in the
intermediate tables.  Test to make sure such records exist before
evaluating calculations or trying to script through those tables.
0
lynn