Preview Reports Befor printing in FM 6.0

I have a menu where you can print reports from. I want before printing a
report to preview it first and then to print it or not.

The enter_preview_mode script step does the job but when the user clicks the
cancel button the script is terinating.

The functionality I want is:

-if the user click the continue button to print rha report (ok with this)
and
-if the user click the cancel button return to the menu without peinting the
report

any HELP ?

0
Nikos
2/16/2005 4:18:16 PM
comp.databases.filemaker 11110 articles. 0 followers. amosw01 (46) is leader. Post Follow

We get around this by not showing the 'cancel' button on this screen.
You can do this by adding the 'Allow User Abort[Off]' step at the
beginning of your script.  Once the user clicks 'continue', they are
presented with the normal print dialog, at which point they can select
either 'print' or 'cancel'.  Either way, it gives my script full control
over what happens.

Nikos Hatzigiannakis wrote:
> I have a menu where you can print reports from. I want before printing a
> report to preview it first and then to print it or not.
>
> The enter_preview_mode script step does the job but when the user clicks the
> cancel button the script is terinating.
>
> The functionality I want is:
>
> -if the user click the continue button to print rha report (ok with this)
> and
> -if the user click the cancel button return to the menu without peinting the
> report
>
> any HELP ?

Howard Schlossberg              (818) 883-2846
FM Pro Solutions       Los Angeles, California

FileMaker 7 Certified Developer
Howard

RE: 9.3.0 and ipv6 on linux 2.4.27 #6
=20 > -----Original Message----- > From: R Dicaire [mailto:rdicaire@comcast.net]=20 > Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 4:44 AM > To: Jack Tavares > Cc: bind-users@isc.org > Subject: RE: 9.3.0 and ipv6 on linux 2.4.27 >=20 > On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 18:42, Jack Tavares wrote: > > but mounting /proc in the chroot jail defeats some of the > > benefits of using a chroot jail, yes?=20 >=20 > I just tried this: >=20 > mkdir -p $CHROOT/proc/net > cat /proc/net/if_inet6 > $CHROOT/proc/net/if_inet6 > restart bind, voila. >=20 ...

Deleting selected pages from Preview Print queue?
One of the useful functions for Preview would be to delete selected pages from the Print queue without Cancelling the entire queue and starting the whole Print process all over -- but I don't find a tool to this, in the Tiger version of Preview anyway. Am I failing to see something? In article <siegman-F9D0EF.12093610022009@news.stanford.edu>, AES <siegman@stanford.edu> wrote: > One of the useful functions for Preview would be to delete selected > pages from the Print queue without Cancelling the entire queue and > starting the whole Print process all over --...

Re: Efficient Exclusion Method Sought #6 647052
Talbot: Chang's version of the query and the one I sent should be functionally equivalent. I envisioned that you might prefer to filter a data source while reading it. Both should work in 8.2, as will Paul D.'s hash routines. Sig -----Original Message----- From: Talbot Michael Katz [mailto:topkatz@MSN.COM] Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 2:53 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU; Sigurd Hermansen Cc: Talbot Michael Katz Subject: Re: Efficient Exclusion Method Sought Thank you all for the quick responses! Unfortunately, I am still poking away on SAS 8.2, so I don't have the hash- ish to smo...

hp laserjet 4100 pcl 6 does not clear print queue
I have a networked hp laserjet 4100 using pcl 6 driver, tcp/ip port. I downloaded the driver from HP's site and used the cd supplied. Whenever it prints the job queue reads "printed". I have to manually clear the printer but once the computer reboots the job re-appears and continues to print. Anyone out there encountered this problem with this particular printer? Help!!!! ...

Migrate 11.0.3.2 to 12.5
Hello- I'm trying to migrate an existing 11.0.3.2 database on SCO Unix 3.2v5.0.5 to 12.5 on Win2K. Will this work, or do I need to have the same OS? What about the DB versions? Can I do a dump database on the Unix machine, then load database the resulting file on the Win2K machine? Or is there a tool that I can use to transfer between the 2? Thanks! LT ...

re:phpbb 2.0.14 released
Wow. i hope new phpBB is better than before http://www.LinuxHostingTalk.com ...

preview mode ?
When I d.click on a e/m that is open in the preview most times it then opens the email in full view. However some emails form some sources will not open this way. To open then I have to first disable preview mode and then go back and open the em. Any ideas or solutions? Please cc my email rdoctors@cox.net thanks [posted and mailed] "motor man" <rdoctors@cox.net> wrote in news:1134691372.457115.27830 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > When I d.click on a e/m that is open in the preview most times it then > opens the email in full view. However some emails fo...

recommend Ethernet DOCSIS 2.0 modem?
I've decided to stop renting a cable modem and to buy an Ethernet DOCSIS 2.0 cable modem. I'm looking for reliability and connection stability and cool running. Is there a model you feel you can recommend? Any extensive credible reviews of 4 or more brands? Can you recommend one that combines an Ethernet DOCSIS 2.0 modem with a router? *TimDaniels* Timothy Daniels wrote: > I've decided to stop renting a cable modem > and to buy an Ethernet DOCSIS 2.0 cable > modem. I'm looking for reliability and connection > stability and cool running. Is the...

[ANN] PyDitz version 0.2
Announcing version 0.2 of PyDitz, a drop-in replacement for Ditz, a distributed bug tracker. Changes in this version: * Fixed problem with blank comments in a few commands. Features: * Whereas Ditz, when typed on its own, runs the "todo" command, PyDitz drops you into a command shell where you can run Ditz commands and get completion on command names, issue names and release names according to context. * It keeps an intelligent cache of issues, so parsing of all the YAML files isn't necessary for each command. This greatly improves speed when you h...

orizzontal white lines when I print in black
I have a canon 8200 bjc, I printed a lot in black and now when I print in black appears white orizzontal lines! I tried to clean the printhead with the apropriate botton via computer, I re-tried and re-tried a lot of times but orizzontal lines remains! The allineament of the printhead is ok too. So I think that the problem is something like a lodgement that don't allow ink to pass fluently! Someone told me that I can solve the problem dipping all the apparate regardarding printhead and ink-box lodgement into water or into ammoniaca. What do you think about this metod? I woul...

REPORT GENERATION TOOLKIT AND EXCEL
i have a problem with report generation toolkit and excel the problem is: i must read & write from a excel worksheet when this is open but when i using the report generation the worksheet is open another time have some solution for this problem? sorry for my english You need to close Exel when before your VI is running. Excel can not have two instances running at the same time. Joe ...

Griddata #6
I need to perform the following: [X1,Y1]=meshgrid(E,T); Z1=griddata(G,T,P,X1,Y1,'v4'); where E and T are <5070x1 single> vectors. I got the following errors: Error in ==> griddata>gdatav4 at 315 g = (d.^2) .* (log(d)-1); % Green's function. Error in ==> griddata at 119 zi = gdatav4(x,y,z,xi,yi); Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance, Z In article <fsb1qa$o99$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Zaira Girbau <gzaira@hotmail.com> wrote: >I need to perform the following: >[X1,Y1]=meshgrid(E,T); >Z1=griddata(G,T,P,X...

EZChangeLog Reporter V1.8
EZChangeLog Reporter V1.8 - Spreadsheet Reporter for EZChangeLog Professional The main features of EZChangeLog Reporter add additional report and data query capabilities, including output to Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for EZChangeLog Professional data files. Version 1.8 EZChangeLog Reporter - Version: 1.8.2.788 - [FIX]: Program - Windows 7 ALT Key Freeze - Fixed This only occurred in Windows 7 - XP and Vista operation were NOT affected by this Windows 7 bug. In Previous versions (1.5 and 1.7) - If you pressed ALT key by itself, EZChangeLog Reporter would appear to freeze (actually the ...

Next public gawk 4.0 beta tar ball available
http://www.skeeve.com/gawk/gawk/gawk-3.1.85.tar.gz Thanks for the feedback from the group on the previous release; everything is fixed, as far as I know. If nothing major comes up, I hope for a release next week sometime. Arnold -- Aharon (Arnold) Robbins arnold AT skeeve DOT com P.O. Box 354 Home Phone: +972 8 979-0381 Nof Ayalon Cell Phone: +972 50 729-7545 D.N. Shimshon 99785 ISRAEL On 05/06/2011 21:41, Aharon Robbins wrote: > http://www.skeeve.com/gawk/gawk/gawk-3.1.85.tar.gz There is a typo in the url: http://www.skeeve.com/gawk/gawk-3.1.85.tar.gz Best regards Dimitre ...

Defect report: Is an extern thread_local a legal non-type reference template argument?
Is it legal to write: extern thread_local int var; template<int& r> void Tpl() { ... } void Foo() { Tpl<var>(); } ? N3000 has, in [temp.arg.nontype] p1: "A template-argument for a non-type, non-template template-parameter shall be one of: ... — the address of an ob ject or function with external linkage, including function templates and function template-id s but excluding non-static class members, expressed as & id-expression where the & is optional if the name refers to a function or array, or if the correspo...

plotting 3D #6
I have 3D coordinates of points selected from pair of images (left and right) i would like to creat surface of the 3D coordinates to compare the calculated coordinates with the original place of the point in the object it self how can I do that "w " <wasilhashim@yahoo.com> wrote in message <gugre5$50k$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I have 3D coordinates of points selected from pair of images (left and right) > i would like to creat surface of the 3D coordinates to compare the calculated coordinates with the original place of the point in the object it self > how ca...

Voice Mail Preview For Mac OS X
Some of my business colleagues use Voice Mail Preview in conjunction with their Outlook email client. When I leave a voicemail message, VMP creates a text file of my message and then sends it to my recipient in an email message. Is anyone familiar with a similar service for Mac OS X? Thank you. -- Kurt Todoroff Markets, not mandates and mob rule. Consent, not coercion. In article <kurt.r.todoroff-158EF4.13265015042011@5ad64b5e.bb.sky.com>, Kurt R. Todoroff <kurt.r.todoroff@comcast.net> wrote: > Some of my business colleagues use Voice Mail Preview in conju...

newbie reporting question
Hello, Longtime MS Access user trying to get around FM7. I have a computer inventory database that spans the whole state that I want to print reports for. I only need the report by a certain city not the whole state. In Access we had queries, but how do I create a layout with just 1 city. In article <1125686510.511975.100210@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "Jake Wiley" <OEKilla@msn.com> wrote: > Hello, Longtime MS Access user trying to get around FM7. I have a > computer inventory database that spans the whole state that I want to > print reports for. I only n...

ANN: Python Paste 0.4
I'm pleased to announce the 0.4 release of the Paste Suite: Paste core, Script, Deploy, and WebKit. Locations --------- Web: http://pythonpaste.org Download: http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/Paste http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/PasteScript http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/PasteDeploy http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/PasteWebKit (or just use easy_install!) Mailing list, etc: http://pythonpaste.org/community/ Changes ------- This release brings bugfixes and new code. Thanks to Clark Evans for many of the contributions, and to Ben Bangert...

Access 97
I am trying to open a report in my Access 97 database to open as view:125% for the default. Thank you in advance. "Heather" <HWilson1@cox.net> wrote >I am trying to open a report in my Access 97 database to open as > view:125% for the default. > Thank you in advance. No 125%, but how about: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdZoom10 DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdZoom25 DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdZoom50 DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdZoom75 DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdZoom100 DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdZoom150 DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdZoom200 (Place command right after OpenReport) There is a function (on the Ac...

2 newbie printing questions
Hi all, I have 2 questions. 1. Does anyone know which (if any) model type a dell 1110 laser printer is compatible with for v5r4 print session? 2. I am trying to setup a wscst for the hp8000 driver to force print landscape on tray 3 but I cannot seem to get it going. It will print landscape for the same file to drawer 2 without any additional customizing but it refuses to do it for tray 3. Any help would be greatly appreciated I've not used this model but I googled the spec and would expect your best bet is not to use the Host Print Transform option in the iSeries Access emulation, in...

TIF Files From Reports (programmatic?)
I have a very unusual request. I need to be able to generate reports and save them as TIF files, with full programmatic control. The application will provide the filenames. Each page of the report will be saved as a seperate file. All the user should have to do is press a button to generate the TIFs, without having to "touch the meat" of viewing the report, choosing a file path/name, answering prompts, etc. The end client (of a client) needs TIFs rather than PDFs. TIFs use little space, for one. There do exist facilities (such as the non-programmatic Adobe Acrobat) that save report...

opposite function of 2**6 (exponentiation)
Hi, can somebody fill in the xxx function to calculate back the value 2 ?? data aa; var1 = 2**6; var2 = var1xxx6; run; Regards, Hermie You can use var2 = var1**(1/6). Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com hejacobs@GMAIL.COM Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 10/25/2006 09:33 AM Please respond to hejacobs@GMAIL.COM To SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc Subject opposite function of 2**6 (exponentiation) Hi, can somebody fill in the xxx function to calculate back the value 2 ?? data aa; var1 = 2**6; var2 = var1xxx6...

How to use Acrobat for print preview instead of "Preview"?
When I was running OSX 10.2.6 I swear it was configured to use Acrobat for print previewing. Now I am running Panther, and I can't figure out how to use Acrobat for this instead of Apple's "Preview". Is there some way to configure my computer to use Acrobat for print previews? -- Bill >>>>> Bill <bill@nomail.invalid> (B) wrote: B> When I was running OSX 10.2.6 I swear it was configured to use Acrobat B> for print previewing. Now I am running Panther, and I can't figure out B> how to use Acrobat for this instead of Apple'...

REMINDER
Dear Haskellers, we would like to remind you of the opportunity to contribute to the May 2004 edition of the Haskell Communities & Activities Report. Why not take the few minutes necessary to type up a new or updated entry and send it in? We would love to see people write on the following subject(s): - The Haskell Mailing List - The Haskell Cafe - The Haskell 98 reports - Concurrent Haskell - hierarchical libraries - HaskellDB - HXml - QuickCheck - Yale Haskell group - Parallel and Distributed Functional Languages Research Group a...