Preview Reports Befor printing in FM 6.0

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I have a menu where you can print reports from. I want before printing a
report to preview it first and then to print it or not.

The enter_preview_mode script step does the job but when the user clicks the
cancel button the script is terinating.

The functionality I want is:

-if the user click the continue button to print rha report (ok with this)
and
-if the user click the cancel button return to the menu without peinting the
report

any HELP ?

0
Reply Nikos 2/16/2005 4:18:16 PM

See related articles to this posting

We get around this by not showing the 'cancel' button on this screen.
You can do this by adding the 'Allow User Abort[Off]' step at the
beginning of your script.  Once the user clicks 'continue', they are
presented with the normal print dialog, at which point they can select
either 'print' or 'cancel'.  Either way, it gives my script full control
over what happens.

Nikos Hatzigiannakis wrote:
> I have a menu where you can print reports from. I want before printing a
> report to preview it first and then to print it or not.
>
> The enter_preview_mode script step does the job but when the user clicks the
> cancel button the script is terinating.
>
> The functionality I want is:
>
> -if the user click the continue button to print rha report (ok with this)
> and
> -if the user click the cancel button return to the menu without peinting the
> report
>
> any HELP ?

Howard Schlossberg              (818) 883-2846
FM Pro Solutions       Los Angeles, California

FileMaker 7 Certified Developer
Reply Howard 2/16/2005 4:23:39 PM
comp.databases.filemaker 10778 articles. 18 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

How 2 print Reports from VB 6.0
Greetings! I'd like to print out an Access report from within VB. How can I do it? Thanks ...

Report with multiple portal records in FM 6.0
Lets say we gave a CUSTOMER file and two related files ORDERS and PAYMENTS. I want a report with some fields from CUSTOMERS file on the top and all the related records from ORDERS and PAYMENTS files on the same report. If i work with portals Ishould determine the number of portal rows. This is not possible since I dont know in advance the number of possible related records. ANY HELP? In article <csqds7$3oq$1@aiolos.aegean.gr>, "Hatzigiannakis Nikos" <nikos@ypai.gr> wrote: > Lets say we gave a CUSTOMER file and two related files ORDERS and PAYMENTS. > >...

Use the send mail scipt step to mail a Report in FM 6.0
Is it possible to have FM to print a report in a file and sent it as an atachment to an e-mail address ? In article <c6sq8q$jfo$1@nic.grnet.gr>, "Hatzigiannakis Nikos" <nikos@ypai.gr> wrote: > Is it possible to have FM to print a report in a file and sent it as an > atachment to an e-mail address ? Yes, but the file location and name are fixed when you set the sendmail script step. The design tends to limit flexibility. Plus, when printing one must invoke UI to save the file. That one must do so is largely out of FileMaker, Inc's control. Users being h...

FM 6.0 Files and FM 5.0 server
Does FM 5.0 Server hosts FM 6.0 Pro files ? "Hatzigiannakis Nikos" <nikos@ypai.gr> wrote in news:bq4jtr$79j$1 @aiolos.aegean.gr: > Does FM 5.0 Server hosts FM 6.0 Pro files ? RTFM. http://www.filemaker.com/downloads/pdf/datasheet_fms.pdf Hatzigiannakis Nikos wrote: > Does FM 5.0 Server hosts FM 6.0 Pro files ? > > Yes. Webko ...

SharpShooter Reports.Win 6.0.0
SharpShooter Reports is a reporting component that helps you create flexible reports and easily integrate them into your Win apps. It supports a variety of industry-standard export formats including PDF, HTML, Excel, Word, RTF, and more. An advanced Master Report concept helps to save time while developing a large number of reports with a unified layout. Just create a template containing all recurring elements and use it in further reports design. SharpShooter Reports offers an increased report performance. A built- in pivot table component allows dynamic data analysis and presentati...

SharpShooter Reports.Web 6.0.0
Enterprise Web reporting tools, or Web-based reporting systems, provide companies with powerful abilities for analysis of the entire business by putting critical information in the hands of all those who need it. SharpShooter Reports.Web is the true cross platform report viewer intended for the creation and display of reports in any Web application. The product allows the development of reports on the basis of all .Net data sources. You can build report of any type: cross tab, parameterized, sub- reports, SideBySide, etc. Simple reports are created in several minutes if you use the ...

ANN: ToolbarPlus Express 4.0 for FM/Win (6.0, 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2)
ToolbarPlus Express is now available from MicroType. It provides: * Enhanced formatting bar * Improved QuickAccess bar * Improved context menus * Numerous useful keyboard shortcuts * A set of five quick-reference guides * Direct access to FrameMaker templates, clip art and online manuals ToolbarPlus Express 4.0 replaces MicroType's Express Customization, which is no longer available as a free download. I hope that you have enjoyed ten years of free use and will continue to benefit from this package, now with even more features and enhancements, including: * improved co...

Printing in VB 6.0, .Print Function problems
I'm having a problem with the printer for a program I've created. I have to recreate a data table on a page to be printed. Earlier today it worked fine; however, I am now having an odd problem: every time I execute the Printer.Print command, it the program spools the print job. Restarting my computer did not help. According to everything I've been reading all afternoon, this should not happen. The .Print command simply should draw the text on the image of the printer object, not actually print it. Executing the ...NewPage and .EndDoc methods are supposed to be the only way to ac...

how to tell if ms access report is in print preview, or printing/exporting?
Hello, can someone help me. I want to display some fields on a report in print preview (i.e. instructions), that I don't want to print to the printer or export to file. I can't seem to find any way of telling that the report is displaying in print preview, vs. being actually printed or emailed/ exported. So for example when previewing, I'd do Me![Instructions].Visible = True. When printing, emailing, and exporting I'd do Me! [Instructions].Visible = False. I tried doing some stuff with Me.Printer.Port and Me.WindowWidth but that didn't work. Thanks mailjaneen@yahoo....

Passing Parm from VB 6.0 to Crystal Report 7.0
Hi, I got this problem I can't figure out how to pass a parm from VB to Crystal Report 7.0. Am adding a crystal report to my VB project using Data Environment .DSR file. I have one parameter I can't pass that parm into my crystal report. Any Ideas ??????????????? Please Help asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Dmitry wrote: > I got this problem I can't figure out how to pass a parm from VB to > Crystal Report 7.0. Am adding a crystal report to my VB project using > Data Environment .DSR file. I have one parameter I can't pass that > parm into my crystal report. I don...

Help please ! How to print a report made with report pro 2.6 from VO?
Hi all, I'm a VO new user, I've just terminate my first application in VO 2.6 but I have not defined yet the print of report because I need your help ! I use REPORT PRo 2,6 I have to print a report in which there are the fields (not empty) of a record that the user has saved; How can I do this? Can you give me same code example? Can I give the record number to report pro? In the report (.rpt) I have to indicate this?How? In the report I have filled only the fields of the record that I want to print How can I define multiple dinamic sections in the report? (i.e : field...

Printing in FM 6
Hello again, I have a client who is using her FM 6 solution on both a desktop and laptop running Windows XP. All the layouts, reports, etc print fine on her printer attached to the desktop - an HP Photosmart 1,000 but nothing from FM will print from the laptop using an HP office Jet 7130 although other documents will print. I tested the files and printed them on both my laser and inkjet and they print fine. She says when she chooses to print a black box that looks like a floppy disk appears on the screen along with a black arrow and the only thing that prints is the page number. Has ...

Printing a previewed report
Is there a way to tell if a user has printed a previewed report? Currently, my code just opens the report (using a ReportPrintInfo structure). If they're previewing it, the method just returns, leaving the report open. Otherwise it prints it, then returns. I'm putting in an audit function to show all emails, faxes, and reports that were generated for each record. But I don't want misleading records if they close a preview without printing it. Thanks in advance! Jim Moseley You would have to remove normal methodologies for printing, and create your own form ...

bug report: Mathematica 6.0.1.0 crashes hard when converting an inline
Is this a good place for bug reports? Or should I post this somewhere else? Here are the steps for reproducing this bug on Mathematica 6.0.1.0 on Win32: 1. Start Mathematica and create a new notebook. 2. Type "Hello" (or any text) into the first cell of the notebook. 3. Select the cell (using Ctrl-A, Edit -> Select All, or some other method). 4. Convert it to a text-styled cell by using Alt-7, or Format -> Style -> Text. 5. Click in the cell to put the cursor there, so you can type more input. 6. Create an inline cell by using Ctrl-9 or Insert -> Typesetting ...

Bind Errors
Recently migrated from 8.1.7 to 9i and my Oracle Reports are no longer working -- I am getting an ORA-01006 Bind Variable does not exist. Has anybody had any success running reports developed in 2.5 to run against 9.2.0.6.0? They are working on 9.2.0.1.0 but I am rushed for time - don't really have the resources to upgrade this and all the instances on it so quickly. ManChild wrote: > Recently migrated from 8.1.7 to 9i and my Oracle Reports are no longer > working -- I am getting an ORA-01006 Bind Variable does not exist. Has > anybody had any success running repo...

FM server 5 drives me crazy
I have an application with 10 files running with no problems within FM 6.0. I desited to use FM server 5 to host the files and I use the "share single user files" options in FM server. The result is that the application behaves differently (even with one user) than in a single user system within FM pro 6.0 For example a button witch opens a layout from an other related file intead of displaying the related record, it displays the first record in that file. Note that that works perfectly under FM 6.0 I dont use any plugins Any idea? Do you use global fields ? As you know global...

in awk how to use regular express to match a string? awk '/[a-z][0-9]\{6\}/ {print $0}' not working as expected
I need to use awk to print the lines which has username like a123456 (one letter followed by 6 digits). I can use awk '/[a-z][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]/ {print $0}' inputfile But the following one doesn't work awk '/[a-z][0-9]\{6\}/ {print $0}' inputfile in sed, /[0-9]\{6\}/ would work. In awk, how to do the same? Thanks. On Aug 29, 4:41=A0pm, BILL <bill_j_c...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I need to use awk to print the lines which has username like a123456 > (one letter followed by 6 digits). > > I can use > > awk '/[a-z][0-9][0-9][0-9][0...

Report in FM 6 or 7
I have a friend using FM 6. I am stuck on a report they want to generate. They asked me for help because I know Macs. Not having used 6 in forever.. Could someone please help me figure out a way to do the following- With a database for tracking dancers at a studio- They are entering them in a competition and want a report to report the performances ... Kind of like a event guide so parents will know what is going on. Fields I am working with- Event#, Age Division, Category, Category Section, Title, teacher name, skill level, dancers name. They want me to create them a report that will lis...

StarOffice 6.0
Running Star Office 6.0 on a Solaris 8 network. Have HPLJ 4M/PostScript option printers attached to network. When I try print a document from SO the printer ready light will flash briefly and then stop - no output from printer. I intercepted the file being sent to the printer and it just has a few PostScript commands but not the output for the document in SO. So it appears that SO is not generating the output to send to the printer. This happens with simple text documents or more complicated documents with graphics. Ideas??? Thanks, Mike ...

OS for FM 6.0
After pursuing the specs for FM 6.0, I am just a tad bit confused. The specs say that if you run FM 6, under OS X, you need to have a native G3 or better. It does not say that in the 8.6 & 9.x specs, but I noticed it at one vendor's site. I want to run it on a PCI Mac with a G3 card in it, under 9.1.4. Also, does FM Developer's Version come with FM 6.0 or is it an additional purchase? TIA GGG You don't state which version of OS X you are considering, but I think the issue lies there, not with Filemaker. I don't believe you can run Panther on a non-native G3, and my...

FM 6.0
Hello. I have got FileMaker Pro 6.0 for PC and have about one million records to import. What is the maximum number of records for this version? Each record contains about 300 charachters. Best regards Per-Kristian, Norway In article <TKGdnfijJbuIqpDa4p2dnAA@telenor.com>, "PK" <pkbratteng@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello. I have got FileMaker Pro 6.0 for PC and have about one million > records to import. What is the maximum number of records for this version? > Each record contains about 300 charachters. > > Best regards > > Per-Kristian, Norwa...

IE 6.0 print problem
I'm having a problem printing a CGM image displayed on a web page using IE 6.0. The CGM image displays fine on the web page. The CGM image is smaller than the screen size itself in pixel by pixel dimension - so it's not like it's a huge CGM image. When I go to IE's File, Print... all of the web page prints, except for the CGM image. I've discovered if I reduce the pixel size of the CGM image, eventually it will print when it's small enough. But I don't want to have to do this, because I'm specifically designing a print-preview page for a mapping site, and I...

6.0: Filter reports not accurate

printing tables in VB 6.0
Hello Can any1 tell me how ro print textboxes in a nice tables with lines??? Thanks ...