Preview Reports Befor printing in FM 6.0

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I have a menu where you can print reports from. I want before printing a
report to preview it first and then to print it or not.

The enter_preview_mode script step does the job but when the user clicks the
cancel button the script is terinating.

The functionality I want is:

-if the user click the continue button to print rha report (ok with this)
and
-if the user click the cancel button return to the menu without peinting the
report

any HELP ?

0
Reply Nikos 2/16/2005 4:18:16 PM

See related articles to this posting

We get around this by not showing the 'cancel' button on this screen.
You can do this by adding the 'Allow User Abort[Off]' step at the
beginning of your script.  Once the user clicks 'continue', they are
presented with the normal print dialog, at which point they can select
either 'print' or 'cancel'.  Either way, it gives my script full control
over what happens.

Nikos Hatzigiannakis wrote:
> I have a menu where you can print reports from. I want before printing a
> report to preview it first and then to print it or not.
>
> The enter_preview_mode script step does the job but when the user clicks the
> cancel button the script is terinating.
>
> The functionality I want is:
>
> -if the user click the continue button to print rha report (ok with this)
> and
> -if the user click the cancel button return to the menu without peinting the
> report
>
> any HELP ?

Howard Schlossberg              (818) 883-2846
FM Pro Solutions       Los Angeles, California

FileMaker 7 Certified Developer
Reply Howard 2/16/2005 4:23:39 PM
comp.databases.filemaker 10778 articles. 18 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

FM 6.0 Files and FM 5.0 server
Does FM 5.0 Server hosts FM 6.0 Pro files ? "Hatzigiannakis Nikos" <nikos@ypai.gr> wrote in news:bq4jtr$79j$1 @aiolos.aegean.gr: > Does FM 5.0 Server hosts FM 6.0 Pro files ? RTFM. http://www.filemaker.com/downloads/pdf/datasheet_fms.pdf Hatzigiannakis Nikos wrote: > Does FM 5.0 Server hosts FM 6.0 Pro files ? > > Yes. Webko ...

How 2 print Reports from VB 6.0
Greetings! I'd like to print out an Access report from within VB. How can I do it? Thanks ...

Report with multiple portal records in FM 6.0
Lets say we gave a CUSTOMER file and two related files ORDERS and PAYMENTS. I want a report with some fields from CUSTOMERS file on the top and all the related records from ORDERS and PAYMENTS files on the same report. If i work with portals Ishould determine the number of portal rows. This is not possible since I dont know in advance the number of possible related records. ANY HELP? In article <csqds7$3oq$1@aiolos.aegean.gr>, "Hatzigiannakis Nikos" <nikos@ypai.gr> wrote: > Lets say we gave a CUSTOMER file and two related files ORDERS and PAYMENTS. > >...

Use the send mail scipt step to mail a Report in FM 6.0
Is it possible to have FM to print a report in a file and sent it as an atachment to an e-mail address ? In article <c6sq8q$jfo$1@nic.grnet.gr>, "Hatzigiannakis Nikos" <nikos@ypai.gr> wrote: > Is it possible to have FM to print a report in a file and sent it as an > atachment to an e-mail address ? Yes, but the file location and name are fixed when you set the sendmail script step. The design tends to limit flexibility. Plus, when printing one must invoke UI to save the file. That one must do so is largely out of FileMaker, Inc's control. Users being h...

SharpShooter Reports.Win 6.0.0
SharpShooter Reports is a reporting component that helps you create flexible reports and easily integrate them into your Win apps. It supports a variety of industry-standard export formats including PDF, HTML, Excel, Word, RTF, and more. An advanced Master Report concept helps to save time while developing a large number of reports with a unified layout. Just create a template containing all recurring elements and use it in further reports design. SharpShooter Reports offers an increased report performance. A built- in pivot table component allows dynamic data analysis and presentati...

SharpShooter Reports.Web 6.0.0
Enterprise Web reporting tools, or Web-based reporting systems, provide companies with powerful abilities for analysis of the entire business by putting critical information in the hands of all those who need it. SharpShooter Reports.Web is the true cross platform report viewer intended for the creation and display of reports in any Web application. The product allows the development of reports on the basis of all .Net data sources. You can build report of any type: cross tab, parameterized, sub- reports, SideBySide, etc. Simple reports are created in several minutes if you use the ...

Print-Print versus Print-Preview-Print
Is there a difference between the following operations from any given program? Let's say Safari, because I often want to Preview to see how many pages there are before deciding to print. From Safari: File > Print --> print dialog > Print versus From Safari: File > Print --> print dialog then choose Preview --> Abode Reader view then print directly from Adobe using File > Print --> print dialog > Print It sounds like a waste of steps, but after I preview in Adobe Reader, I usually close the preview and go back and print directly from Safari. The outputs ...

6.0.3 vs 6.0.0.22?
Can anyone give me a link showing what changes have been made in v.6.0.3? I looked on qualcomm's site but couldn't find anything. Basically, is it worth upgrading from v. 6.0.0.22? Ta. JK <moria@castlecrab.com> wrote ... > Can anyone give me a link showing what changes have been made in > v.6.0.3? I looked on qualcomm's site but couldn't find anything. > Basically, is it worth upgrading from v. 6.0.0.22? > > Ta. > > JK Check http://www.eudora.com/download/eudora/windows/6.0.3/RelNotes.txt On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:45:37 +0...

ANN: ToolbarPlus Express 4.0 for FM/Win (6.0, 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2)
ToolbarPlus Express is now available from MicroType. It provides: * Enhanced formatting bar * Improved QuickAccess bar * Improved context menus * Numerous useful keyboard shortcuts * A set of five quick-reference guides * Direct access to FrameMaker templates, clip art and online manuals ToolbarPlus Express 4.0 replaces MicroType's Express Customization, which is no longer available as a free download. I hope that you have enjoyed ten years of free use and will continue to benefit from this package, now with even more features and enhancements, including: * improved co...

Printing in VB 6.0, .Print Function problems
I'm having a problem with the printer for a program I've created. I have to recreate a data table on a page to be printed. Earlier today it worked fine; however, I am now having an odd problem: every time I execute the Printer.Print command, it the program spools the print job. Restarting my computer did not help. According to everything I've been reading all afternoon, this should not happen. The .Print command simply should draw the text on the image of the printer object, not actually print it. Executing the ...NewPage and .EndDoc methods are supposed to be the only way to ac...

how to tell if ms access report is in print preview, or printing/exporting?
Hello, can someone help me. I want to display some fields on a report in print preview (i.e. instructions), that I don't want to print to the printer or export to file. I can't seem to find any way of telling that the report is displaying in print preview, vs. being actually printed or emailed/ exported. So for example when previewing, I'd do Me![Instructions].Visible = True. When printing, emailing, and exporting I'd do Me! [Instructions].Visible = False. I tried doing some stuff with Me.Printer.Port and Me.WindowWidth but that didn't work. Thanks mailjaneen@yahoo....

Passing Parm from VB 6.0 to Crystal Report 7.0
Hi, I got this problem I can't figure out how to pass a parm from VB to Crystal Report 7.0. Am adding a crystal report to my VB project using Data Environment .DSR file. I have one parameter I can't pass that parm into my crystal report. Any Ideas ??????????????? Please Help asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Dmitry wrote: > I got this problem I can't figure out how to pass a parm from VB to > Crystal Report 7.0. Am adding a crystal report to my VB project using > Data Environment .DSR file. I have one parameter I can't pass that > parm into my crystal report. I don...

ACDSystems.ACDSee.v6.0.6.PowerPack.WinALL, and Addons ( 2D Vector Pak v1.0, FotoAngelo v2.0.2, FotoCanvas v2.0, FotoSlate v3.0, ImageFox 2.0, mPower Tools 1.0.2, Photostitcher Plug-in v1.0.6, Classic
ACDSystems.ACDSee.v6.0.6.PowerPack.WinALL, and Addons ( 2D Vector Pak v1.0, FotoAngelo v2.0.2, FotoCanvas v2.0, FotoSlate v3.0, ImageFox 2.0, mPower Tools 1.0.2, Photostitcher Plug-in v1.0.6, Classic 2.44, Canvas v9.0.4 Build 820, HotDog Junior v2.0.1, Morpheus ACD Plugin v1.85, RealOptimizer Pro ACD plug-in v1.8, Realview 3D Pro ACD plug-in v2.6 ), new !, other ACDSystems.ACDSee.v6.0.6.PowerPack.WinALL ACD Systems 2D Vector Pak v1.0 ACD Systems ACD FotoAngelo v2.0.2 ACD Systems ACD FotoCanvas v2.0 ACD Systems ACD FotoSlate v3.0 ACD Systems ACD ImageFox 2.0 ACD Systems ACD mPower Tools 1.0.2...

ACDSystems.ACDSee.v6.0.6.PowerPack.WinALL, and Addons ( 2D Vector Pak v1.0, FotoAngelo v2.0.2, FotoCanvas v2.0, FotoSlate v3.0, ImageFox 2.0, mPower Tools 1.0.2, Photostitcher Plug-in v1.0.6, Classic
ACDSystems.ACDSee.v6.0.6.PowerPack.WinALL, and Addons ( 2D Vector Pak v1.0, FotoAngelo v2.0.2, FotoCanvas v2.0, FotoSlate v3.0, ImageFox 2.0, mPower Tools 1.0.2, Photostitcher Plug-in v1.0.6, Classic 2.44, Canvas v9.0.4 Build 820, HotDog Junior v2.0.1, Morpheus ACD Plugin v1.85, RealOptimizer Pro ACD plug-in v1.8, Realview 3D Pro ACD plug-in v2.6 ), new !, other ACDSystems.ACDSee.v6.0.6.PowerPack.WinALL ACD Systems 2D Vector Pak v1.0 ACD Systems ACD FotoAngelo v2.0.2 ACD Systems ACD FotoCanvas v2.0 ACD Systems ACD FotoSlate v3.0 ACD Systems ACD ImageFox 2.0 ACD Systems ACD mPow...

ANN: Kamaelia 0.6.0, Axon 1.6.0
Hi! With great pleasure I'd like to announce the release of Kamaelia 0.6.0 and Axon 1.6.0 :-) Summary ======= For the short of time:     Overview: library/framework for concurrency using message        passing components as the concurrency metaphor. Consists of a        kernel (Axon) and collection of components (Kamaelia). Support        for generator, thread & process based components. Targetted        towards supporting maintenance, so accessible to novices,        but ge...

SCO OpenServe 6.0.0 Filesystem MUCH Faster Than 5.0.6
The speed of the SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 filesystem is quite noticeably faster than I enjoyed on OpenServer 5.0.6. How do I know? I donno, but it feels and seems so. I didn't expect this, so I didn't make these tests while still on 5.0.6, but I KNOW I have a lot more files and directories on 6.0.0 than I did on 5.0.6. The Verify of my Last Master Backup shows what is on my systen: 255191 files were encountered 167 files were excluded 9 files were not checked because the hard disk file had been modified by a program since it was backed up 2...

Printing in FM 6
Hello again, I have a client who is using her FM 6 solution on both a desktop and laptop running Windows XP. All the layouts, reports, etc print fine on her printer attached to the desktop - an HP Photosmart 1,000 but nothing from FM will print from the laptop using an HP office Jet 7130 although other documents will print. I tested the files and printed them on both my laser and inkjet and they print fine. She says when she chooses to print a black box that looks like a floppy disk appears on the screen along with a black arrow and the only thing that prints is the page number. Has ...

random double between -6.0 and 6.0
Hi All, Given a task of writing a random double between -6.0 and 6.0 and the sample code below, is there a way to write it in a more compact way i.e fewer lines of code? I am looking at Roedy's web site, for clues <http://mindprod.com/jgloss/pseudorandom.html#SEEDING> but none quite match. TIA, bH import java.util.Random; public class GenerateRandom{ static Random wheelDbl = new Random(); static Random wheelNum = new Random(); static int intNumber = 0; static double dNumber = 0.0; static double desiredNum = 0.0; static int low = 0; static int high = ...

Installing Plucker Desktop 1.6.0.1 over 1.6.0.0
Is it safe to install Plucker Desktop 1.6.0.1 over 1.6.0.0? I'm using the Windows version. Chuck -- <http://www.drchuck.net/> Home of the Dr. Chuck Network "Charles A. Kunz" <drchuck@i-2000.com> wrote in message news:6546qv07ajb7nbr9vo7tl53u71cmc5dod3@4ax.com... > Is it safe to install Plucker Desktop 1.6.0.1 over 1.6.0.0? I'm using > the Windows version. > > Chuck > -- Hi Chuck, I guess it safe; if not, email the author of the software of any problems. Byron --- Byron's Emporium - Cool eBooks for PDA's ENJOYOU...

Printing a previewed report
Is there a way to tell if a user has printed a previewed report? Currently, my code just opens the report (using a ReportPrintInfo structure). If they're previewing it, the method just returns, leaving the report open. Otherwise it prints it, then returns. I'm putting in an audit function to show all emails, faxes, and reports that were generated for each record. But I don't want misleading records if they close a preview without printing it. Thanks in advance! Jim Moseley You would have to remove normal methodologies for printing, and create your own form ...

ANN: Kamaelia 0.6.0, Axon 1.6.0
Hi! With great pleasure I'd like to announce the release of Kamaelia 0.6.0 and Axon 1.6.0 :-) Summary ======= For the short of time: Overview: library/framework for concurrency using message passing components as the concurrency metaphor. Consists of a kernel (Axon) and collection of components (Kamaelia). Support for generator, thread & process based components. Targetted towards supporting maintenance, so /accessible/ to novices, but general purpose. Uses concurrency to make life simpler, not harder. Designed as a /practic...

Changes from 6.0 to 6.0.1
I tried to see on the website what has changed from 6.0 to 6.0.1, but couldn't find it. So I'm asking here. What has changed from 6.0 to 6.0.1? Thanks Robert Solomon wrote: > I tried to see on the website what has changed from 6.0 to 6.0.1, but > couldn't find it. > > So I'm asking here. What has changed from 6.0 to 6.0.1? Go to the download page, have a look at the Release Notes. -- Peter Robert Solomon <rob2@drrob1.com> wrote: >I tried to see on the website what has changed from 6.0 to 6.0.1, but >couldn't find it...

Help please ! How to print a report made with report pro 2.6 from VO?
Hi all, I'm a VO new user, I've just terminate my first application in VO 2.6 but I have not defined yet the print of report because I need your help ! I use REPORT PRo 2,6 I have to print a report in which there are the fields (not empty) of a record that the user has saved; How can I do this? Can you give me same code example? Can I give the record number to report pro? In the report (.rpt) I have to indicate this?How? In the report I have filled only the fields of the record that I want to print How can I define multiple dinamic sections in the report? (i.e : field...

bug report: Mathematica 6.0.1.0 crashes hard when converting an inline
Is this a good place for bug reports? Or should I post this somewhere else? Here are the steps for reproducing this bug on Mathematica 6.0.1.0 on Win32: 1. Start Mathematica and create a new notebook. 2. Type "Hello" (or any text) into the first cell of the notebook. 3. Select the cell (using Ctrl-A, Edit -> Select All, or some other method). 4. Convert it to a text-styled cell by using Alt-7, or Format -> Style -> Text. 5. Click in the cell to put the cursor there, so you can type more input. 6. Create an inline cell by using Ctrl-9 or Insert -> Typesetting ...