Report Columns

I am creating a report with 2 columns to a page printing down first,
then over.  I would like to break the report at certain intervals adn
have created a sub-summary that breaks to a new page at the end of a
particular value.

If the data does not overlap to the second column on any page, teh
page break causes the next set of data to print in coumn 2 rather than
on the next page.  How do I force it to go to a seond page?  Have I
missed a setting someplace?

Ron Filipek
0
rfilipek (3)
1/29/2004 4:31:10 AM
comp.databases.filemaker 11108 articles. 0 followers. amosw01 (46) is leader. Post Follow

[9fans] Report to Sender #2 #2
Incident Information:- Database: e:/lotus/domino/data/mail2.box Originator: 9fans@cse.psu.edu Recipients: tbennett@flowserve.com Subject: Mail System Error - Returned Mail Date/Time: 07/26/2004 12:06:08 PM The file attachment flowserve.com.zip you sent to the recipients listed above was infected with the W32/Mydoom.o@MM!zip virus and was successfully cleaned. ...

using template tables in proc report
HI. I am creating pdf output using proc report and where the text flows it breaks within a word not at spaces. It seems that I need to turn maximze=on but that is only in template tables and the only way I have found to use them is in: file print ods=(template=my_table); I want to be able to use in proc report. Thanks. Ron. ...

Determine if a Report was Printed
This seems like it should be easy, but I'm not finding an answer, so I'm hoping you Access Gurus can help me out. Running Access 97 Need to determine if a report was printed and then update a form to indicate when it was printed. The OnPrint Event of the Report Footer fires when the report is previewed, not when it was printed, so that's not really helpful. Here are my thoughts: 1. I could create a button on the form to print the report and then update my time field in the OnClick, but the only way to guarantee that it was printed and not just viewed would be to use DoCmd.OpenR...

How to get the columns' name of a table?
Do i have to use proc transpose? thanks. On Sep 21, 1:23=A0pm, demin <qdmi...@gmail.com> wrote: > Do i have to use proc transpose? thanks. In addition to TRANSPOSE, the names of the columns of a table can be determined using any of these: - SQL dictionary table DICTIONARY.COLUMNS - SASHELP.VCOLUMN - OPEN/VARNAME functions. -- Richard A. DeVenezia http://www.devenezia.com On Sep 21, 2:13=A0pm, "Richard A. DeVenezia" <rdevene...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Sep 21, 1:23=A0pm, demin <qdmi...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Do i have to use proc transpose? thanks. ...

Pivot Charts in Report
Hi all! I have a report that runs by supervisor, service manager, or division manager. To me, the report is built strangely because the only way I could get it to total up correctly was to put everything in the header and footer. NOTHING resides in the details section of the report. Now, for the pivot chart, I have a form with the supervisor, service manager, and division manager set as the fieldset; the data series is the average percentage for each month to date (for super, service mgr or division mgr). My Y axis is "Percent"; My X axis is "Month". When I try inserting ...

Re: Problem with DDE reading in Excel Columns proper --? does
Hi, I know this doesn't answer your INPUT statement question, but how about PROC IMPORT? PROC IMPORT OUT=WORK.xxxxx DATAFILE="C:\TEMP\patient.xls" DBMS=EXCEL REPLACE; range="A1:H3"; GETNAMES=NO; RUN; Hope this is helpful. Mark Terjeson Senior Programmer Analyst, IM&R Russell Investment Group Russell Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of jakeboot@gmail.com Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 6:45 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA....

Log Report Macro
Hello all, I am using following macro to make a report out of the Log that has been generated, It serves my purpose with little problems 1) To find out name of the dataset that has message and 2) As in the case of missing values generated I am hard coding which I do not want %MACRO chklog(Progrm) ; * dm log 'file "C:\&Progrm..log" replace' ; /* Log import */ DATA saslog (drop=rec); INFILE "C:\&Progrm..log" TRUNCOVER; length Line_in_prog 5.; length type $10.; length rec $200.; length Message $200.; ...

Reports #18
I have created an access database that is used to record machine failures. Typically a failure will happen anything from twice per day to a couple of times per month. I also created a query that adds up all of the downtime and a report that uses this query, the report shows a barchart of downtime against maximum availability but only for the weeks that there has been an entry. Can anyone give me any pointers on how to change the report or query to show the weeks that have no downtime. Thanks in advance On 21 Jan, 15:42, "}{" <snoozegr...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: >...

Select only even or odd columns from a matrix
How would I extract only the even and odd columns from a matrix and give them the following pattern: m=(1 0 1: 0 1 0: 1 0 1) I have tried this but it does not work properly: function y=exercise1(n) m = zeros(n,n);%displays a matrix of zero m(1:2:end,odd) = 1 %extracts all odd elements and makes them a one m(1:2:end,even) = 1 %extracts al even elements and makes them 1 On 04/06/2015 3:52 PM, Thomas DiMauro wrote: > How would I extract only the even and odd columns from a matrix and give > them the following pattern: m=(1 0 1: 0 1 0: 1 0 1) > > I have tried this but...

Re: Proc report ODS
This example should get you along the way : Proc Format ; Value Test 1 = 'Red' 2 = 'Blue' ; Picture TestA 1 = '00009^{super y}' 2 = '00009^{super x}' ; Run ; Data One ; X = 1 ; Output ; X = 2 ; Output ; Run ; ODS HTML File = 'temp.html' ; ODS EscapeChar = '^' ; Proc Print Data = One ; Var X / Style = { BackGround = Test. } ; Format X TestA. ; Run ; ODS HTML Close ; ODS Listing ; Toby Dunn Compromise is like telling a lie, it gets easier and easier. Each compromise you make, that becomes your stand...

A method to multiply two arrays column by column
I want a fast way to multiply two arrays (with same dimensions) column by column. We can do that by: sum(a' .* b') But is there a faster way? this only needs 35% of the computational time: c3=sum((a.*b),2)' Ramzi <ramzib2@gmail.com> wrote in message <792118a6-1a6f-4ad7-b31c-407a8d69fcb1@d17g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>... > I want a fast way to multiply two arrays (with same dimensions) column > by column. > We can do that by: > sum(a' .* b') But is there a faster way? On 10/02/11 3:18 AM, Ernst Kloppenburg wrote: > this only needs ...

Reporting Services Report Viewer versus Report Server Problem
Hi I have several reports that I have imported from Access into SQL Reporting Services 2005. They are multi-level grouping reports and SQL Server Reporting Services generates rectangles and lists within lists to make them work. I then go in and set the visibility conditionally on the various rectangles to hide them where there is no data in a group. The problem is that the reports work fine when they are on a report server in particular all the white space for hidden rectangles etc. shrinks up and leaves no gaps. However when I import them into my Visual Studio 2005 project and change ...

Can specify one column when importing excel file?
Hi, Can we specify one column when importing excel file? I've tried: proc import... range="sheetname$B1:B516"; .... run; It works, but we cannot specify the range like B1:B516, any other method? or any other import way? thanks a lot. Demin, Would something like the following suffice (where f2 represents col b):? libname have excel "k:\art\rangetest.xls"; data want; set have."sheet1$"n (keep=3Df2); run; HTH, Art ------------- On May 13, 5:51=A0pm, demin <qdmi...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > Can we specify one column ...

Spam Statistics Report
Hi All, Is it possible to get a daily spam statistics report from SpamAssassin similar to system reports produced by LogWatch? I am mainly interested in getting a daily listing of top 10 mail relay IP addresses from which spam was received and the number of spam messages received from them. For example: mail Relay IP Spam Received ============== ============= 1212.1212.1212 23 3434.3434.3434 16 5656.5656.5656 7 ..... . .... . .. . Any he...

Re: Building a report with a new variable each month #2
> From: jeli0703 > I have a data set similar to below with the headings going > accross the dataset > > _name_ Desc Cat Test Obs Samp Acc_2007Jan Acc_2006Dec > Acc_2006Nov > > > my problem is each month a new Acc_ variable is added (ie > next month an additional variable Acc_2007Feb) will be added, > > I am trying to illustrate it in a HTML report but cant work > how to automate it, I have the following code which would > require me entering define Accuracy_&month3 / display > "Accuracy Level for &month3" width=98 cen...

How do you change the font size of a whole chapter in a report?
I am writing a report in 12pt and would like one of the chapters (containing text, tabulars, figures) to be written in 10pt. I've tried using the small command from beginnning to end of the chapter, but got errors mesages and the output was funny. Can you please help? Phil ...

report and sub reports
Hi i have a report that contains several sub reports sub report1 sub report2 sub report3 sub report4 each sub report returns information for an area i postioned the sub reports in the order the areas occurr ie sub report1 sub report2 sub report3 sub report4 problem is when i run the report the sub reports if no data available for any of the areas do not show on the report and thethe sub form with data on it appears half way down the report. how do i get the sub form containing data to appear at the top of the report thanks kevin "kevcar40" <kevcar40@btinternet.com> wrote i...

Merging 2 columns from the same table #2
Hi All, This is what I'm trying to accomplish: I have a table T1 with the following fields - [UID] - [OrigUID] - [Type] (where type can be either B or C) | UID | OrigUID | Type | +-----+---------+------+ U1 | | B | U1 | U1 | C | U3 | U1 | C | U3 | U2 | C | U3 | U2 | C | What I want to do is to get: - the count of B in [Type] as [B count]for each distinct [UID] - the count of C in [Type] as [C count]for each distinct [OrigUID] - [All UID] where it combines the distinct [UID] and distinct [OrigUID] | All UID | B count | C Count |...

Cross post from c5pe.Reports
Hi Folks, I have a printing module that has a header and 11 other multiple details consisting of headers, repeating detail and footers. These are printed from queues that are pre-populated after opening the files. The header will print. Then I call a PrintReport routine at the top of the Timer loop. This routine has all the print commands to complete the process. After returning I close the report. Problem is that none of the detail bands will print. Possibly I am embedding at the wrong point. Any help would be appreciated. All other reports in the app work just fine as they are either one rec...

report footer height set to 22" in access2007
converted an mdb from access97 to 2007 some reports converted ok others, the report footer section height is set to 22" and it can't be changed tried compact / repair & decompile, no change deleted and reimported the report from access97, same problem if I create a new report and copy / paste all the controls from the old report, everything is fine would could cause this ? is there a fix On Aug 23, 4:29=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote: > converted an mdb from access97 to 2007 > some reports converted ok > others, the report footer section he...

Microstrategy Report Developer in Portland Oregon
This job is in the beautiful northwest, located in Portland Oregon voted the most livable city in America. With beautiful rivers, bridges and mountains surrounding the downtown area Portland is wonderful place to live and work! If you want to live somewhere beautiful and have a great job see below! Qualified candidates must have the following skills: * Creating and Designing the Grid & Graph Reports in MicroStrategy. * Creating and Designing the Report Services Documents. * Knowledge of all the Application Objects development in MicroStrategy. * Knowledge and / or Ability to ...

Reporting IOS bugs?
How do you submit a bug in IOS to Cisco if you don't have a smartnet contract? My router traps pretty much daily, so I'd really like to let Cisco know. I'd hope I'd be able to get a bug fix only update without needing a smartnet contract, but even if I couldn't I'd still like to report it so they can fix it for everyone else. Richard. Formally, you'll need to open a TAC case in order to report a bug. http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/front.x/case_tools/caseOpen.pl If you can't do that, then you could post the following: show version show stack (console log mess...

Wrapping CrossTab Report
Is there a way to wrap cross-tab report ( like you do word wrap ). It gets too long and prints on serveral pages when most of the page is blank. I want it to print only one item ( which contains maximum of 6 subitems in each column ) the next item should go below. Is that possible? I'm using VB6 with crystal reports 9 thx ...

Re: Deleting column based on values in column #7
Jim, The code would look like: *Step 1; %let instruction=*No Drop of variable; Data _null_; Set Mydata; If C'=c' then call symput(instruction,'Drop C'); Run; *Step 2; Data Mydata; Set Mydata; &instruction; Run; -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Lane, Jim Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 8:26 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Deleting column based on values in column Hi, Jacques Right you are. I'm typing faster than I'm thinking this morning. I really ought to have written: if C=&quo...

Proc Report, how to report all observations
I have a data set with 60 (codes) observations and I'm trying to get proc report to print out all observations using the following sas code. It doesn't seem to be as intuitive as I thought. I don't see an option available that would let me do this easliy. proc report data = mydata ; column code counts percent ; define code / 'CODES' ; define counts / 'Counts of Codes' ; define percent / 'Percent of Total Codes' ; run; results in the following output: CODES Counts of Codes Percnet of Total Codes ** 550994...