Report Columns

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I am creating a report with 2 columns to a page printing down first,
then over.  I would like to break the report at certain intervals adn
have created a sub-summary that breaks to a new page at the end of a
particular value.

If the data does not overlap to the second column on any page, teh
page break causes the next set of data to print in coumn 2 rather than
on the next page.  How do I force it to go to a seond page?  Have I
missed a setting someplace?

Ron Filipek
0
Reply rfilipek (3) 1/29/2004 4:31:10 AM

See related articles to this posting

comp.databases.filemaker 10774 articles. 18 followers. Post

column breaks in reports or ledger reports
I am trying to create ledger report with an account name and then detail amounts listed underneath. If there are only a few details the next account just starts right underneath previous one instead of creating new column. Help!!! Thank you in advance for any info shared. :) FUEL EXP REPAIRS SUPPLIES 1.00 1.00 1.00 2.00 2.00 2.00 3.00 3.00 4.00 5.00 NOT LIKE THIS: FUEL EXP 4.00 1.00 5.00 2.00 REPAIRS 1.00 2.00 3...

column breaks in reports or ledger reports
I am trying to create ledger report with an account name and then detail amounts listed underneath. If there are only a few details the next account just starts right underneath previous one instead of creating new column. Help!!! Thank you in advance for any info shared. :) FUEL EXP REPAIRS SUPPLIES 1.00 1.00 1.00 2.00 2.00 2.00 3.00 3.00 4.00 5.00 NOT LIKE THIS: FUEL EXP 4.00 1.00 5.00 2.00 RE...

Omitting columns in PROC REPORT if there are only zeros in the columns...
Hi guys and thanks for taking a look at my post :) I have made this code where I use PROC REPORT to generate the final output in Excel. My problem is that the person who ordered doesnt want columns that only display zeros to be visible. But that is exactly what PROC REPORT does... My code is like this: %put --------------------------------------------------------; %put PROGRAM SD035 STARTER ; %put --------------------------------------------------------; libname dtlpro '/sas/hfn/partage/data/dtlpro_tables' ; data forhandler; set dwh.vtb_dtlpro_mht_dnk; w...

Repeat report column heading on web report
I have a some online web report which are generated into html pages from a SAP application. When the report is printed it prints over multiple pages. Currently, as there is no page break, the report is continuous and the second, third, etc... pages do not have column headings. Can anyone tell me how can I make the column headings print at the top of each page? Thanks Dan Dan Palm wrote: > I have a some online web report which are generated into html pages > from a SAP application. When the report is printed it prints over > multiple pages. > > Currently,...

columns
I have a phone list database for the office. The report is setup for 3 columns, but the number of employee extensions only takes up just over 2 columns. I would like to append a sub report of the "cell phones" numbers to the end of the detail records so that it will start after the last record for the extensions. Is this possible? <j_j_ford@hotmail.com> wrote >I have a phone list database for the office. > The report is setup for 3 columns, but > the number of employee extensions only > takes up just over 2 columns. > I would like to append a sub ...

Proc report:Underlining column headers and end of report.
I am using proc report to get the headers and the end of the contents underlined before the footnotes. The report has to be in RTF. I would also like the variables date and department to appear on each page .i.e. if I had more variables which do not fit on one page. That is in proc report I will add the id statement at the end of the define statement for date and department. 1. Usually this code ‘columns ('__' date dept account budget actual);' will create the top line, but with the id statements defined I get this Error message 'ERROR: A column header illegally spans both ...

Column Report without field names for every column
Hi, I have table that looks like this: project code # revenue # Cogs # other costs # ..... co01 # 500 # 150 # 50 # co02 #450 # 200 # 100 # co03 Now I want to create a column report showing co01 and co02 and probably in the next column the difference between the two recordsets, so that it looks like: Account CO01 CO02 CO01-CO02 revenue 500 450 50 COGS 150 200 -50 Other Costs 50 10...

report columns
Hi Clarion prints columns in left - to - right order. I need feature like printing columns top - to - bottom. Any templates or sourcecode around which support this ?? Regards Bernhard cw5.0 pe abc RPM www.cwaddons.com -- Steve Parker -------------------------------------------------- kb and download center at: www.par2.com KB: http://www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/FAQS/THEFAQS.exe.0 -------------------------------------------------- "The improbable, we do. The imposs...

Reports using columns: Column spacing issue when pallette is widened
My page set up is for 3 columns with zero spacing between columns. There is a box around the set of controls. I have the pallette narrowed to the absolute minimum width so that there is no working space to the right of my controls. The result is a calendar-like presentation. The problem arises when I want to center text in the headers and footers. If I simply place my header text in the header section, it will appear more or less towards the left side of the page. In order to get it centered, I have to widen the pallette and then center the text manually. If I do this, then the s...

columns in reports
I have a report that gives the classroom and then a list of students in it for a particular week. Thats fine if I want just one column with its associated rows of students. I have been asked to produce it so that it gives multiple columns of five rows. so: Classroom xxx Student id 1 StudentID 6 Student id 2 Student id 7 Student id 3 Student id 8 Student id 4 Student id 9 Student id 5 Student id 10 The amount of students will vary so could have more columns of five. Cannot think how to do this looked at a columnised report but that didnt seem to work. I...

How proc report changes column width in non-listing report?
Hi all, Can anyone tell me how to use proc report to change column width in non-listing report? I tried the following methods which I found them online, but they do not work in html and web report studio. proc report data = a; column x y z; define x / display format = $40.; define y / display style(column)={cellwidth=144pt}; run; Thank you! Xiao You need add ODS statment before and after poc report: ods html file="c:\temp\junk.html"; proc report data = a nowd; column x y z; define x / display format = $40.; define y / display style(column)={cellwidth=144pt}; run; ods html c...

report columns
Hello, Can someone tell me how to format a report so that the page and report headers and footers run the full width of the page but the detail section is formatted for columns. I'm sure I was able to do this some years ago without using a subreport but can't find the example and can't remember how it was done. Many thanks, Mike ...

Re: How proc report changes column width in non-listing report?
You need add ODS statment before and after poc report: ods html file="c:\temp\junk.html"; proc report data = a nowd; column x y z; define x / display format = $40.; define y / display style(column)={cellwidth=144pt}; run; ods html close; On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:27:14 -0700, xxu8810152@GMAIL.COM wrote: >Hi all, > >Can anyone tell me how to use proc report to change column width in >non-listing report? >I tried the following methods which I found them online, but they do >not work in html and web report studio. > >proc report data = a; >column x y z; &g...

Proc Report titles
Hello everyone! I've got a proc report that goes to xls output. I was using title statements to make the titles on rows 1 through 4, but they were causing the first column to be as wide as the titles. To make them span columns I removed the title statements and made them the spanning headers. This fixed the column widths. The problem I'm having is that I need to set the background color on the colomn headings(row 5), but not the spanning header titles(rows 1-4). Please help! --Bob Robert, The spanning header and the individual row headers both use the same style element (Heade...

Adding a column in report
Hi, Need help on this report My report displays as follows Receipt Number Checkout Date Payment Date 13580 30-06-2005 02-07-2005 13581 01-07-2005 02-07-2005 I want my report to show as follows Receipt Number Checkout Date Payment Date Status 13580 30-06-2005 02-07-2005 Debit 13581 01-07-2005 02-07-2005 Cash Note: An additional column has been added to indicate the status, also note that I am using a british date. If the month of payment date is greater than the month of check out date than status field should show Debit and if the month of paym...

Putting Columns on a report
I have a report that has 2 text boxes on it. One shows the Name the other shows a count of the name. The are in their own header. My boss wants to be see all the names but depending on the time frame the names change, so I can not hard code a label with each value. Now when the report runs a I get a long list of names and counts but it takes up too much space on the report. Example Field Name is ProdName I have given it it's own header and inside I have placed two text boxs next to each other 1-txtProdName ' this is the product name 2-txtCntProdName ' this is a count of...

Two Column Report
To make it simple, say the main report is Make and the subreport is model. The subreport is set as a two column report, across then down. This works as intended. However, each model is shown in its own box irrespective of if the border of the text box is set as solid or transparent. I need both models in a row to show only in one box that spans the width of both columns. And if there is only one model in a row, I need that model to show in a box that spans the width of both columns. Can this be done? Thanks, Steve Steve wrote: >To make it simple, say the main report is Make and...

Proc Report Columns
Is it possible to print just the avg_emp values for 2008? I would like to have the rates for 2005-08, but I only want avg_emp for 2008. inj_yr is a categorical variable: 2005,2006,2007,2008 proc report data=it nowd style(header)=[font_weight=bold]; options missing='0'; columns LVL_2 inj_yr, (avg_emp osha_rate1); define LVL_2 / group 'LVL 2' width=40; define inj_yr / across '' width=5; define rate1 / analysis 'Rate' width=5; define avg_emp / analysis 'Avg Emp' width=5; Thanks, Jason ...

dynamic report columns
Hi All, Has anyone come across or have code where a user can select what data fields they want(lets say from a multi-select list box) and have them be the columns in a report. thanks bobh. bobh wrote: > Hi All, > > Has anyone come across or have code where a user can select what data > fields they want(lets say from a multi-select list box) and have them > be the columns in a report. > > thanks > bobh. Hi Bob: The following link is for a different type of problem but I think some of the concepts you learn there can be applied to your probem. (For those of you ...

Reports
I am designing a simple A4 portrait report. The report has two columns. If I set the column layout to "Across, then down": The report looks fine, i.e. it displays two columns of equal height. If I set the column layout to "Down, then across": I get just a single column going all the way down the page. I want two columns of equal height. What am I missing? Paul ...

Concatenated column in a report
Hello I'm trying to concatenate fields in a report and display them. The fields coming in from the query are like this: A B C D E I want to display A AB ABC ABCD ABCDE It seems to me the simplest way would be to concatenate the incoming field to the existing value in a text box in the detail section of the report. But Access wipes this field out every time so no accumulation occurs. What's the best way to do this? Do I need to set up a temporary field in my code? Robert "Robert" <projecttoday@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:103afnkf2v81qe8@corp.supernews.co...

Columns in Oracle Reports
I am using Oracle Reports (Report Builder 6.0.8.16.0) to print information on a pre-printed form. The form has two columns, with the right column containing a section at the bottom for a signature. The problem I am having is I want to fill the first column completely, but stop before I get to the signature section on the second column. My initial approach was to have a repeating frame with the "print direction" set to "down/across", and then place a regular frame at the bottom of the right column to stop the repeating frame. The result was that the regular fram...

Reports Column Formula
Hello Everyone, I need to know how to get the sum of two column formulas (cf_win, cf_loses) on each row and the percentage of one particular column (win %). Here is an example of how the final report should look. SITE WINS LOSES DECISIONS WIN % ----- ------ -------- ------------- ------ A 10 5 15 67% B 35 10 45 78% C 8 2 10 80% --- --- ---- ---- Totals 53 ...

report columns with label
i have on a report firstnames lastnames, codes, id and i wand to have these data on four columns but first column i wand to have labels like Fist name, last name, codes, ID Fist name Nick Hellen Eric Last name Paris Zuln Wallas Codes 123 333 444 ID 500 600 700 Fist name Nick1 Hellen1 Eric1 Last name Paris1 Zuln1 Wallas1 Codes 233 443 564 ID 800 960 760 On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:16:33 +0300, Themis Parintas ste kardias wrote: > i have on a report firstnames las...