Set text colour by value in field

I've been away for sometime so greetings to all at the best FM group on the
net. I've got a field containing numerical values ranging from -3 to +3 and
a want to set the text colour according to these values - red for -3 ranging
through to green for +3. Is there any way of achieving this. I run a script
to sort them by the value in this field so I can attach further lines to
this script or run a sub-script. All advice appreciated.

Regards, David

0
David
2/29/2004 11:39:12 AM
comp.databases.filemaker 11089 articles. 18 followers. amosw01 (46) is leader. Post Follow

It is said that what you describe will be scriptable in FileMaker 7 later
this year. At present, it is a bit more complicated (without knowing what
the scripting will look like).

You have your field Value.

Define several calculation fields:

ValueMinus = If (Value < 0, Value, "")
ValueZero = If (Value = 0, Value, "")
ValuePlus = If (Value > 0, Value, "")

Place the three fields on your layout, identical in all formatting except
color, with transparent fill. Set each to the color of your choice (e.g.,
red for ValueMinus, black for ValueZero, green for ValuePlus. Align them on
top of each other and group them for easy positioning.

This method is obviously best suited for display (the Value field need not
even be on this layout). If you really want this to be the input layout as
well, put Value (again, identically formatted) behind the other three, and
use tabbing or a Go To Field step in a script to get into it for entry.

If you didn't want the three calculation fields, you could make them glabals
and, but you would have to use scripting to set and reset each according to
Value.

Matt

in article 4ck0c.7081$RB.4587@newsfe2-gui.server.ntli.net, David Price at
brynymor@ntlworld.com wrote on 2/29/04 6:39 AM:

> I've been away for sometime so greetings to all at the best FM group on the
> net. I've got a field containing numerical values ranging from -3 to +3 and
> a want to set the text colour according to these values - red for -3 ranging
> through to green for +3. Is there any way of achieving this. I run a script
> to sort them by the value in this field so I can attach further lines to
> this script or run a sub-script. All advice appreciated.
>
> Regards, David

0
Matt
2/29/2004 12:43:34 PM
Matt Wills <I'm@witz.end> wrote in message news:<BC6748A3.20C%I'm@witz.end>...

> Place the three fields on your layout, identical in all formatting except
> color, with transparent fill. Set each to the color of your choice (e.g.,
> red for ValueMinus, black for ValueZero, green for ValuePlus. Align them on
> top of each other and group them for easy positioning.

I tend to use a coherent string of 3 mergefields instead of the
layering approach Matt suggests, a trick to remember is just the first
"<" needs to carry each formatting.

Another issue is that if you're to show values that somehow have lost
their ability to be stored, say a portal line figure showing a pull of
a certain item deducted via a relation, could such freshing of
unstored values make a invoice/contract tiresom to watch building up.
Some kind of relookup mechanism could be instated by the entry of the
pull value ...bearing in mind that the colour shown is then FIFO...

--sd
0
sdyhr

uitable: add new rows and set name for last row
Hi! I want to add new rows at the end of an uitable and set the name for this new row. So far,I am able to add new rows to my uitable with following code: data = get(handles.uitable3,'data'); newRowdata = cat(1,data,cell(1,size(data,2))); set(handles.uitable3,'data',newRowdata); guidata(hObject,handles); But how can I change the name only of the LAST row? Thanks for help, Mario On 08/09/2014 3:15 PM, Mario wrote: > Hi! > > I want to add new rows at the end of an uitable and set the name for > this new row. So far,I am able to add new rows to my...

Setting up X on FreeBSD?
This is just kind of a general question. I've done this before in past flirts with FreeBSD, but I couldn't get it right last night for some reason. I'm wondering how easy others find this to be, getting X with a GDM or something like that going. I couldn't get GDM going at all and KDM got hung after logging in. So I'm a little worried. I'm trying to switch from SuSE to FreeBSD. I've used FreeBSD in the past with little trouble, but this time around (4.9) for some reason I'm having trouble with getting X setup right. ...

Set processor core affinity to a thread
Hello, Is there anyway I can set up a thread to run on a specific processor core? say on Windows XP. (any other windows OS?). Is there a direct API which can do this? If not is there some other indirect way to achieve this? Thanks persres <persres@googlemail.com> writes: > Is there anyway I can set up a thread to run on a specific > processor core? say on Windows XP. (any other windows OS?). > Is there a direct API which can do this? If not is there some other > indirect way to achieve this? You can use SetThreadAffinityMask to limit which CPUs or cores ...

How to read a text file faster
Here is a text file containing 80 million rows of geographic elevation data, for example: x y z 1 1 1020 2 1 1200 3 1 1110 .... 40000 1 1102 1 2 980 2 2 1002 .... 40000 2000 890 Here x and y are a location and z is the height. Is there a fast way to read this file and restore it to another file as the format (40000*2000) below: 1020 1200 1110 ... 1102 980 . . . . . . . . . . . . . 890 How to read the file with this format faster? Is there a way to read a matrix in a text file at once instead of reading th...

Deleting the First Row in Text Output
I have the following data located in work.xyz where 'permno' and 'date' are the column headers. permno date 10104 20001201 10107 20010321 11081 20010709 11308 20011027 12060 20020214 12490 20020604 13856 20020922 I use the following code to export the data to a text file: proc export data=xyz outfile='C:\xyz.txt' replace; run; The saved xyz.txt file looks like this: permno date 10104 20001201 10107 20010321 11081 20010709 11308 20011027 12060 20020214 12490 20020604 13856 20020922 I need it so the headers permno and date are removed. I have attempted to u...

Re: Matching records from data set one with records from data set #3
ec@SELVMORDSFORSKNING.DK wrote: >Hi > >I need to match records from data set one with records from data set two. I >can only match records from data set two to a single record in data set >one. >Therefore i need to delete the record in data set two or show that it has >been used, and thererfore can not be used again. Have do i do that? > >I have been trying some thing like this: > >Data newdataset; > set one; > found=0; > do i=1 to nobs until (found); > set two point=i nobs=nobs; > if var1=var2 (the matching criteria) ...

Nexus-7 and MAC address controlled Wi-Fi
When setting up a new Nexus-7, access to the Internet is required. However, you need to know the device's MAC address before you can connect to a MAC-address controlled Wi-Fi system. But, until the device is sewt up, you cannot use the Setting menu to find the MAC address, and it's not printed on the device or on the box. Crazy! (Yes, I found a way round this by disabling access control on the network, but that should not have been necessary. I thought you might like to know.) -- Cheers, David Web: http://www.satsignal.eu In news:l29sck$fva$1@dont-email.me Da...

Setting column order in JTable
I've been battling with this all afternoon, time for help! I have my intended set of indexes eg 0, 4, 2, 1, 3 How do I apply them to my newly created table which has my own table model applied to it? Here are some pokings about I've tried: DefaultTableColumnModel model = new DefaultTableColumnModel(); JTableHeader tableHead = table.getTableHeader(); for (int c = 0; c < columnCount; c++) { //TableColumn column = table.getColumnModel().getColumn(c); //column.setModelIndex(order[c]); TableColumn column = new TableColumn(order[c]); column.setHeaderValue(tabl...

How do I preserve my display (brightness) setting?
Hi, I'm using Mac 10.6.3. Whenever I arrive in the morning, the brightness setting of the display is always turned down, even though I turned it all the way up the day before. How do I preserve this setting from day to day (between restarts)? - Dave In article <021c0b60-9566-4a56-a0f0-d49db0e48f73@u12g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>, "laredotornado@zipmail.com" <laredotornado@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I'm using Mac 10.6.3. Whenever I arrive in the morning, the > brightness setting of the display is always turned down, even though I > turned it ...

how to set disk quotas in raid for linux
Hello groups i am looking up for seting disk quotas in raid for a linuz box.I donot know how to set the disk quotas in raid,so can u please assist me how to do it.Is there a documentation about that,if so where can i get it, Thanks in advance, Bye. Fri, 23 Jul 2004 07:36:08 -0700 tarihinde, rockwell dedi ki: > Hello groups i am looking up for seting disk quotas in raid for a > linuz box.I donot know how to set the disk quotas in raid,so can u > please assist me how to do it.Is there a documentation about that,if > so where can i get it, RAID has nothing to do with disk quotas. R...

logging module -> Miss messages if don't flush constantly? How set to flush constantly?
It looks like I can miss some logging messages if I don't flush after every one....is that true? This is an issue when program crashes so that logger didn't get a chance to print everything. Is there some way to set logging to constantly flush? Chris Seberino wrote: > It looks like I can miss some logging messages if I don't flush after > every one....is that true? As far as I can tell from the 2.6 source the StreamHandler does flush after each record. Peter ...

Again: When plain text page is treated as HTML
Hi All Sorry for reposting...the entries of the post from 11/23/2005 by Eric Lindsay have been removed from the server already and I am seeing only the header. So, I have the problem of including via SSI a plain text fixed width table (separated by spaces) which of course gets treated as html when doing that. I would like to have the blanks (and line returns) stay in the file and then I could use courier new to display it properly. I tried temporarily in the html file to turn off html </html> and turn it on again afterwards, but that was purely experimental...and did ...

Table in richtext field
I want to create a table in a richtext field and fill the table cells with values from a database ( with an R6 Lotusscript agent ). So far I managed to create a table with the desired size but I have no clue how to write into the cells of the table. either I get the cell values in front of or after the table. The online help is to0 unspecific. I hope someone can help me ...

Re: How to filter sas data sets into separate sas data sets #6
First off, you don't need two set statements, I suspect you want a merge. (remember to sort datasets before merging) Data newlist (KEEP=node1 node2 node3 ... var15) Otherds (Keep=node1 node2 node3 .... var15) ; Merge sasds1 sasds2; By ;/*not sure which variable you need, but there has to be something that is the same between the two*/ What I'd really need to know is what are the field names in DS1 and DS2 (You described them but didn't tell us the names) You will possibly need a REANME= statement to get a matching name to merge by. Either read up more on merges and REN...

Earth Simulator instruction set ?
Can anyone tell me what the Earth Simulator instruction set is like ? I had _assumed_ that it was SX like, but someone else is asserting that it's a MIPS ISA with the added vector units. I couldn't find anything definitive with googleto settle the discussion :-( Thanks -- -- Jim James Cownie <jcownie@etnus.com> Etnus, LLC. +44 117 9071438 http://www.etnus.com In article <GufLb.9883$9M4.109354178@news-text.cableinet.net>, James Cownie <jcownie@etnus.com> wrote: >Can anyone tell me what the Earth Simulator instruction set is like ? >I had _assumed_ tha...

Count with other field
account ------- a_id name payment ------- p_id type amount a_id account 1->M payment 1 account can have different type of payment (e.g. type=visa, type=masterCard, etc) i want to calcaute the sum of payment and list number of type name type amount ------------------ calvin 3 5000 john 5 6000 peter 1 1000 ...

8 Pcs Brake Tool Set # ATE-4105
Price:$64.99 Image: http://discountadvisor.info/image.php?id=B001700GWO Best deal: http://discountadvisor.info/index.php?id=B001700GWO Contains The Most Popular Brake Tools Used For Servicing Drum Brakes On Many Import & Domestic VehiclesThree Different Style Brake Spoons: For adjusting Drum BrakesFive Diffrent Brake Spring Tools: For servicing drum brake shoes- Contains:1 Pc Brake Spring Pliers1 Pc Brake Spring Removal Tool (Fits 5/8" Diameter Spring)1 Pc Brake Spring Removel Tool (Fits Many Import Vehicles)1 Pc Brake Return Spring Removal Tool1 Pc Brake Spring Remov...

Converting a set to sequence?
Hi, just another query: is it possible to convert a set to sequence? The order of the elements does not matter. Michael Michael wrote: > is it possible to > convert a set to sequence? The order of > the elements does not matter. If S is the set then you need only do op(S); Preben Alsholm Thanks! That it, Michael Preben Alsholm wrote: > If S is the set then you need only do > > op(S); > > Preben Alsholm ...

Setting up VPN through Cisco 1721 and firewall
I'm fairly new to routing, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Network is configured as follows: Inside Network -> Watchguard Firewall -> Cisco 1721 -> Internet I need to setup VPN access using a Windows server, on our inside network (10.10.1.0). All NAT is done through the Firewall, and then routed to the 1721. We have a range of public IP addresses we can use. I've set up VPN on the server, and setup a port forwarding on the firewall for 1723 to our server (10.10.1.254). What I need help on is this: What do I need to do now so that somebody attempting to connec...

Procmail Recipe: How to compare value of assigned variable?
I am working on a whitelist in a SQL table that users can edit. I have this line in .procmailrc : WLCHK = `$BINDIR/check_whitelist.sh $FROM` check_whitelist returns "1" if the address is listed, "0" if not. How to say: if($WLCHK != 1) { send to spam } else { send to inbox } I tried: * ! $WLCHK 1 which did not work. My last line of the recipe is: $MAILDIR/greymail Thanks, Roger I have made some progress, however am stuck with a strange SQL error. Goal: Lookup From: address in MySQL table and send message to greymail if no match I ...

How to Set Up Regression Model in SAS?
Hi all- There may be a very easy answer to this, but I just can't seem to figure it out... I want to test a regression model where the dependent variable is NOT at the "individual" level. I want to create a model to predict, for instance, quality of health (QOH) at the state level, not "individual" level by socio-economic status (SES) at the state level. Let's say I have data on 20 states, here's what the dataset would look like: Participant State SES_level_at_subj_level SES_at_state_level QOH_at_subj_level QOH_at_state_level 1 ...

How to set a COM Object property to TRUE
Hello, I am trying to set a WIN32 COM Object bool property true to enable a validation option. I can do it in VB like so. emailPtr.CorrectSyntax = True How do I do it in PERL? I have tried so many different things to no avail. $emailObj->{MxLookup} = (TRUE); $emailObj->{MxLookup} = $TRUE; $emailObj->{MxLookup} = 1; $emailObj->{MxLookup} = TRUE; Can anyone help? bmw108@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to set a WIN32 COM Object bool property true to enable a > validation option. > > I can do it in VB like so. > > emailPtr.CorrectSyntax = T...

help set host/scsi
I use this to talk to the HSG80 controllers, why no HELP, it's been arou= nd for a while? HAFNER> sear sys$update:set.cld dbm150/win=3D2 ! X-47 DBM150 David B. Miller 12-Jan-1996 ! Add SET HOST/SCSI for StorageWorks Tom Linden wrote: > > I use this to talk to the HSG80 controllers, why no HELP, it's been around > for a while? > > HAFNER> sear sys$update:set.cld dbm150/win=2 > ! X-47 DBM150 David B. Miller 12-Jan-1996 > ! Add SET HOST/SCSI for StorageWorks Has not been officia...

Omit observations from transaction data set
Hi, I am using an update statement to replace the value of the variable "year" in my master data set by the value of "year" in my transaction data set. The transaction data set contains a few observations which are not in the master data set. I am not interested in including these observations in the new data set. Is it possible to omit these somehow? data temp; update master transaction; by a b c; run; Thanks, Helle Helle, Rather than update, try using modify. Check out the documentation for modify, specifically the differences between output and replace and ...

setting gradient
I was trying to set a gradient for an objective fucntion. If i am not mistaken the gradient is the first order derivative (partial) of the objective function. I have tried a few of it but could not succeed. I checked it with the DerivativesCheck 'on'. COuld anyone help me with the possible gradient for the following objective function. F = w(CTX.nAssets+1)+(1/CTX.J)*(1/(1-CTX.beta))*sum(max(-w(i)*CTX.RT(:,i)'-w(CTX.nAssets+1),0)); here w is used as function variable and the others are more or less fixed values which are set in as inputs. Thanks... THe issue is still open. Could...