What is the Last Version Which Can Read/Convert FMP 6 Files?

What is the last version which can read/convert FMP 6 files?  And will
it work on Snow Leopard?  I have a buttload of FMP 6 files and FMP 12
can't read them.

--
Nelson

0
Nelson

Nelson <nelson@nowhere.com> wrote:

> What is the last version which can read/convert FMP 6 files?  And will
> it work on Snow Leopard?  I have a buttload of FMP 6 files and FMP 12
> can't read them.

That would be FileMaker Pro 11, and yes it can run on Snow Leopard
(minimum OS X version is 10.5.7, Intel or PowerPC).

FileMaker Pro 7 to 11 can all read the .fp5 format (FileMaker Pro 5 to
6), and convert to the .fp7 format (FileMaker Pro 7 to 11). The
resulting .fp7 files can then be converted by FileMaker Pro 12 and
later.

FileMaker Inc. has a trial copy of FileMaker Pro 11 available for
download. See this page, which also details the conversion process:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10571/~/converting-older-filemaker-pro-files-to-the-.fmp12-file-format

--
David Empson
dempson@actrix.gen.nz

> Nelson <nelson@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>> What is the last version which can read/convert FMP 6 files?  And will
>> it work on Snow Leopard?  I have a buttload of FMP 6 files and FMP 12
>> can't read them.
>
> That would be FileMaker Pro 11, and yes it can run on Snow Leopard
> (minimum OS X version is 10.5.7, Intel or PowerPC).
>
> FileMaker Pro 7 to 11 can all read the .fp5 format (FileMaker Pro 5 to
> 6), and convert to the .fp7 format (FileMaker Pro 7 to 11). The
> resulting .fp7 files can then be converted by FileMaker Pro 12 and
> later.
>
> FileMaker Inc. has a trial copy of FileMaker Pro 11 available for
> download. See this page, which also details the conversion process:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10571/~/converting-
older-fil
> emaker-pro-files-to-the-.fmp12-file-format

Thanks, Dave!

--
Nelson

0