Working out a taxRate

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

What would be the easiest way /calculation to work out a tax percentage of
a sub total too and then add to the total

I have four fields

<Settings::TAX>
The use puts in a percentage taxrate as a number
ie 10=10% or 12.5=12.5% etc

<SubTotal>
Is a calculation adding up all other required fields and works

<TAX>
I need to get the Percentage of <SubTotal> set by the field <settings::TAX>
seems to work sometimes.

<Total>
Then add tha <TAX> result with the <SubTotal> to get the <Total>.
Got this working

It is for a simple invoicing system.
The easy and obvoius bits work but I can't seem to work out the percentage
calculation tried everything (except the correct formula) (sure the formula
I used worked in VB :-(  )

Thanx in advanced

http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

0
Reply Bebop 7/13/2003 1:10:06 PM

See related articles to this posting

Well, 12.5% is the same as saying .125.  So the tax would be:
   SubTotal * Settings::Tax * .01

Bebop & Rocksteady wrote:
> What would be the easiest way /calculation to work out a tax percentage of
> a sub total too and then add to the total
>
> I have four fields
>
> <Settings::TAX>
> The use puts in a percentage taxrate as a number
> ie 10=10% or 12.5=12.5% etc
>
> <SubTotal>
> Is a calculation adding up all other required fields and works
>
> <TAX>
> I need to get the Percentage of <SubTotal> set by the field <settings::TAX>
> seems to work sometimes.
>
> <Total>
> Then add tha <TAX> result with the <SubTotal> to get the <Total>.
> Got this working
>
> It is for a simple invoicing system.
> The easy and obvoius bits work but I can't seem to work out the percentage
> calculation tried everything (except the correct formula) (sure the formula
> I used worked in VB :-(  )
>
> Thanx in advanced

Howard Schlossberg              (818) 883-2846
FM Pro Solutions       Los Angeles, California

Reply Howard 7/13/2003 5:31:17 PM

> Well, 12.5% is the same as saying .125.  So the tax would be:
>    SubTotal * Settings::Tax * .01

I could get the calculation to add it in but I couldn't get
it to show the amount it was adding in

Abs( SubTotal*(1 +(settings::Tax/100)))

don't figure ... I must be brain dead

Thanx

http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

0
Reply Bebop 7/14/2003 12:22:02 AM
comp.databases.filemaker 10822 articles. 16 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

does work
Hi there! Thanks for your solution. I've noticed that Matlab is doing some weird things as "dx", the smallest difference between two levels, decreases. Can someone please help me to avoid this issue and maybe explain to me, why it occurs? my levels are: levels = 1.0e+003 * 0.0010 0.0032 0.0100 0.0316 0.1000 0.3162 1.0000 As you can see, dx is 2.2 here. (length(cmap2) is always = 1000/dx) I've uploaded some pictures for various manually changed dxs here: http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/4315/dx1.png Can anyone please help me? this was meant to be...

It works! It works!
Hey folks, Remember I posted some queries a while back about doing manipulations on directory trees and how tricky it was to keep everything consistent? Well, I've got a basic implementation up and running, and I'm proud to say that it works wonderfully. For those that are curious (Mr French?), I might divulge a bit about how it works :-) Many thanks for the help you folks have given me. I'll probably have a few more queries in the fairly near future, but it's great to get something up and running :-) MH. On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 02:16:31 +0000, "Martin Harve...

Cisco works not working
I have inherited a Cisco works server, which didn't work. On reloading all of the software, (after a reformat), it does not recognise that any of the datbases are running and does not function properly. The only thing that does work is cisco view. The datbases are running, service manager verifies this, and when they are set to interact with the desktop, all the logs verify they are running, but according to Ciscoworks, they are not. We are running Ciscoworks 2000, with ie5.5, Java Runtime 1.3.0 on NT 4 Sp6. Any pointers on how to get this working would be gratefully received. ...

Module should not work, but works
Hello, This is a file named p.pl: #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use lib '/path/to/mm_e.pm/'; use mm_e; mm::printok(); printok(); sub printok { print "ok from p.pl\n"; } This is a file named mm_e.pm: package mm; sub printok { print "ok from mm_e.pm\n"; } 1; Result: % perl -w p.pl ok from mm_e.pm ok from p.pl % Why does this work fine ? Shouldn't "strict" or "warnings" give me at least an error about this kind of construction ? I 'm on perl 5.8.3 built for i386-freebsd. -- Bart Bart Van der D...

getimagesize() working and *not*working... why?
(as first - thank you for all your help several years ago, and second - please apologise me for my clumsy enlgish) so, preface: some users on my photo related site sometimes enter (link) giant photo in their post or coment, and while I was writting new bbcode for my forum, I have got idea to check size of linked pictures to scale them down if needed (matamethic of that part isn't written in folowing code and would not be a problem). and now, the problem: function getimagesize() worked fine while getting data from my other domains on same server, I tested it with some from other servers a...

getMethod() works and works not
Hi all, can anybody explain why the getMethod() call (in the line commented with "???" below) throws a NoSuchMethodException? Perhaps I'm doing something obvious wrong, but I couldn't find any hint. ################################################################ import javax.swing.*; import java.lang.reflect.*; public class F { public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception { JFrame frame = new JFrame("Title"); JPanel panel = (JPanel)frame.getContentPane(); JTextArea area = new JTextArea(10, 40); Method method...

BEGIN WORK
We have IDS 9.40. I am trying to put a lock on the order based on the certain criteria(order source) When the order is created with that criteria, it inserts the order id in ord_track table. Then periodically a procedure is called and it is supposed to update the status of the order to on hold and then delete that record so next time is not put again on hold for a second time. The update and delete actions are supposed to work together. If update fails the delete should fail too. So when I created the stored procedure, I created it within a transaction block with BEGIN WORK a...

When does MST7MDT work and when does it not work?
It was my understanding that a TZ string like MST7MDT handles the DST shift w/o manual intervention. I.e., that means GMT-7 if standard time is in effect, but GMT-6 if DST is in effect. But this seems to work with some programs, but not others. Why? The programs that it doesn't work with, you have to say: TZ=MDT6 instead, to get the right result. On 2009-03-08, Kenny McCormack <gazelle@shell.xmission.com> wrote: > It was my understanding that a TZ string like MST7MDT handles the DST > shift w/o manual intervention. I.e., that means GMT-7 if standard time > is in effect...

mail working, not working.
In homage to Twane, I have a problem. This code does not work (mail returns true, but the mail is not received):-------------------------------------------- // mail notification to office $userx = urlencode($user); $emailTo = "office@example.com, william@example.com"; $message = "A new user registered. "; $subject = "A new user registered: $userx"; $headers = <<<END From:office@example.com\n END; mail($emailTo,$subject,$message,$headers); ----------------------------------------------------------- whereas this code does w...