Working out a taxRate

What would be the easiest way /calculation to work out a tax percentage of
a sub total too and then add to the total

I have four fields

<Settings::TAX>
The use puts in a percentage taxrate as a number
ie 10=10% or 12.5=12.5% etc

<SubTotal>
Is a calculation adding up all other required fields and works

<TAX>
I need to get the Percentage of <SubTotal> set by the field <settings::TAX>
seems to work sometimes.

<Total>
Then add tha <TAX> result with the <SubTotal> to get the <Total>.
Got this working

It is for a simple invoicing system.
The easy and obvoius bits work but I can't seem to work out the percentage
calculation tried everything (except the correct formula) (sure the formula
I used worked in VB :-(  )

Thanx in advanced

http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

0
Bebop
7/13/2003 1:10:06 PM
comp.databases.filemaker 11089 articles. 0 followers. amosw01 (46) is leader. Post Follow

Well, 12.5% is the same as saying .125.  So the tax would be:
   SubTotal * Settings::Tax * .01

Bebop & Rocksteady wrote:
> What would be the easiest way /calculation to work out a tax percentage of
> a sub total too and then add to the total
>
> I have four fields
>
> <Settings::TAX>
> The use puts in a percentage taxrate as a number
> ie 10=10% or 12.5=12.5% etc
>
> <SubTotal>
> Is a calculation adding up all other required fields and works
>
> <TAX>
> I need to get the Percentage of <SubTotal> set by the field <settings::TAX>
> seems to work sometimes.
>
> <Total>
> Then add tha <TAX> result with the <SubTotal> to get the <Total>.
> Got this working
>
> It is for a simple invoicing system.
> The easy and obvoius bits work but I can't seem to work out the percentage
> calculation tried everything (except the correct formula) (sure the formula
> I used worked in VB :-(  )
>
> Thanx in advanced

Howard Schlossberg              (818) 883-2846
FM Pro Solutions       Los Angeles, California

Howard
7/13/2003 5:31:17 PM
> Well, 12.5% is the same as saying .125.  So the tax would be:
>    SubTotal * Settings::Tax * .01

I could get the calculation to add it in but I couldn't get
it to show the amount it was adding in

Abs( SubTotal*(1 +(settings::Tax/100)))

don't figure ... I must be brain dead

Thanx

http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

0
Bebop

ip DNS server timouts but sometimes it's working & always works form the router itself.
Hi Group, I have come across something I can't solve. When using my Cisco as dns forwarder, DNS is just plain slow from my PC, even when using openDNS in the Cisco (model 857) Code: C:\Documents and Settings\Steven>nslookup www.tweakers.net 192.168.1.1 Server: cisco-steventje Address: 192.168.1.1 DNS request timed out. timeout was 2 seconds. Non-authoritative answer: Name: www.tweakers.net Address: 213.239.154.35 .... 2 seconds delay on almost every query. :( I searched a bit further: Increasing the deay to even 40 seconds...don't even get an answer; C:\Documents...

Plain 8/16K dartridges don't work on the SuperCPU?
I have a couple of old cartridge games, and when I tried using them with my SuperCPU/128 enabled, I get the following results: Game Company Size Banksw. Works? Fun Play Disc Company 128 yes no problems Jupiter Lander C= 8 no doesn't start Clowns C= 8 no doesn't start Jumpman Jr Epyx 16 no SCPU INIT ERROR 06 Q*bert Parker 16 no SCPU INIT ERROR 06 Moon Patrol Atari 16 no SCPU INIT ERROR 06 The one I...

Override not working
A document that I'm working on has a master page with 4 columns. Each column has a distinct text flow, say A, B, C, and D. A second master page was created based on the previous master page. On the second master page I deleted the four text flows and created a text flow, with a different name, on the master page. On the body pages I assigned the second master page. When the text box queries me to keep the overrides I respone "no". However, the overrides appear once I go to a following page. What to do? Create a master page that is not based on an existing master page? ...

Digital TV on a laptop through USB 2.0 device, does it work for anyone here?
Would like to hear from anyone having good results viewing this. I have a Toshiba M35X with integrated video, and it has trouble playing back some high-resolution, high-motion videos from its own hard drive, so I imagine this would even be worse playing back a digital video image filtered through its USB port. The varous websites touting digital TV adaptors are all a bit coy on the quality of display produced on laptops, and some specify that integrated graphics cards won't work. Frozen or pixilated images really ruin my experience of watching TV on a laptop. I can receive ...

Find the perfect work at home job
Find the perfect work at home job for you using our FREE Work at home Job Finder! Get matched with a Home Based Job or Business Plan that suits your needs and skills. Simply visit our website and Select your Job Match Details for FREE Today! http://workitself.50webs.com/ <a href="http://workitself.50webs.com/">http://workitself.50webs.com/</ a> ...

I cant get my mailgate working.
Can anyone tell me the server info that I need to use "Free Agent?" I have my own username and pw I just need the server. Nick -- Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG I'm not sure if this is what your looking for but look at this - http://news.individual.net/ Regards, Scott "Nick Cruz" <nickcruz@wahbam.com> wrote in message news:ecadb71d1e3719da7b57151b85eaf2d7.68249@mygate.mailgate.org... > Can anyone tell me the server info that I need to use "Free Agent?" I > have my own username and pw I just need the server. > &...

logitech stick USB/HID compliant works with linux, only 2 axis in wine
Hi all I got a usb 2-2.4: Product: Logitech Freedom 2.4 input: Logitech Logitech Freedom 2.4 as /class/input/input4 input: USB HID v1.10 Joystick [Logitech Logitech Freedom 2.4] on usb-0000:00:02.1-2.4 joystick. In linux native games (e.g. targetware ) all 4 axis x,y,rudder,throttle and POV are recognized. KDE calibrator also sees all axis and buttons properly Wine only sees 2 axis (it does see all buttons) but no rudder,throttle or POV if I run WINEDEBUG=trace+joystick wine baron.exe I get (a lot) of lines like this: trace:joystick:JSTCK_GetPosEx x: 32768, y: 3...

Smalltalk Express
Hello, I have implemented the method below in Smalltalk Express I have found on a book which uses Smalltalk Express for its exercises. I does not work! It creates the files in the right location but when I type something in the source file it doesn't copy to the target. I tested it on two PCs running XP pro: same result. I also have a laptop running Linux Xbuntu with Wine (software which allows some Windows application to run as native on Linux) and it works fine!!! Any ideas? | inStream outStream | inStream := File pathName: 'c:\myfile.txt'. outStream := File pat...

nn start, feedforwardnet not working
Am new to matlab and nntool in particular. As I go through MATLAB tutorials, I realise some functions dont work e.g. nnstart, feedforwardnet and I guess they are numerous more that wont function. I am using Matlab R2010a. Somebody suggests I might be using a lower version. How is this possible, I just bought the tool last year? Am very frustrated. What is the way out?? Thanks in advance On Mar 9, 6:22=A0pm, "Faidess " <fdmw...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Am new to matlab and nntool in particular. As I go through MATLAB tutoria= ls, I realise some functions dont work e.g. nnstar...

Apparently a problem with Flash animations is that they don't work on cell phones. Do J2ME animations. JavaFX?
Apparently a problem with Flash animations is that they don't work on cell phones. Do J2ME animations. JavaFX? On Sat, 30 May 2009 14:54:35 -0700, "Casey Hawthorne" <<caseyhHAMMER_TIME@istar.ca>> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : >Apparently a problem with Flash animations is that they don't work on cell >phones. Do J2ME animations. JavaFX? Keep in mind you don't have that skookum a processor in a cell phone, but on the other hand you don't have as many pixels to maintain either. You will have the equivalen...

wxSingleInstanceChecker not work :(
class MyApp: public wxApp { virtual bool OnInit(); virtual int OnExit(); private: wxSingleInstanceChecker check; }; I get: program.cc:98: error: 'wxSingleInstanceChecker' does not name a type where is problem? _______ $ rpm -qa | grep wx libwxgtk2.6-2.6.1-1mdk libwxgtk2.5_3-2.5.3-7mdk libwxgtku2.6-2.6.1-1mdk libwxgtk2.6-devel-2.6.1-1mdk libwxgtk2.4-2.4.2-8mdk libwxgtkgl2.6-2.6.1-1mdk libwxgtku2.6-devel-2.6.1-1mdk wxGTK2.5-2.5.3-7mdk libwxgtkglu2.6-2.6.1-1mdk wxGTK2.6-2.6.1-1mdk wxGTK-2.4.2-8mdk ...::pytajnik ha scritto: > class MyApp: public wx...

Linux freeze-o-matic crapware prevents victim "from doing any serious work"
"Currently the computer locks up about 10-20 minutes into use.... I am prohibited from doing any serious work." #482 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1135055&highlight=freeze&page=49 "Linux is for work", Kelsey Bjarnason "Linux is ideal for anyone", wackjob Linux is reliable, silly myth On Jul 2, 8:55=A0am, "DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote: > "Currently the computer locks up about 10-20 minutes into use.... I am > prohibited from doing any serious work." You have shitty RAM. I have to remove a faulty RAM ca...

working with excell from access code
I need to open an excel workbook and import info to my access program. That isn't the problem, I've got the code down for doing what I want to do. I'm declaring the variable and setting it like this. Dim objEx As Object Set objEx = CreateObject("Excel.Application") My problem is after I'm done and exit the access code module and I shut the excel file down like this Set objEx = Nothing whenever I want to open the file in excel it comes back with the "Read-Only" box, saying the file is being modified by me and to either click "read-only&q...

does work
Hi there! Thanks for your solution. I've noticed that Matlab is doing some weird things as "dx", the smallest difference between two levels, decreases. Can someone please help me to avoid this issue and maybe explain to me, why it occurs? my levels are: levels = 1.0e+003 * 0.0010 0.0032 0.0100 0.0316 0.1000 0.3162 1.0000 As you can see, dx is 2.2 here. (length(cmap2) is always = 1000/dx) I've uploaded some pictures for various manually changed dxs here: http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/4315/dx1.png Can anyone please help me? this was meant to be...

Bit::Vector objects serialized with Storable not working
I don't seem to be able to use a hash of Bit::Vector's that I have stored with Storable (please forgive me if any of my mistakes are obvious). One program makes and stores various lists and hashes, plus indexes such as hashes of Bit::Vector objects. The Bit::Vector objects work fine in the program where they are created, but once revived they don't appear to work. To make it simpler I can try and show you the problem using freeze (instead of store and retrieve). #!/bin/perl -w use strict; use Storable; use Storable qw(nstore store_fd nstore_fd freeze thaw dclone); use Bit::Vector...

Does advertising work?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had tried to advertise his software in a shareware directory. Does advertising work? Another question. I found that my product has been cracked and I'll buy asp-protect or armadillo to protect my product. Does anybody have experienced a significant increase in the sales after protecting the software? Thanks. "Carl AM" <scriptftp@scriptftp.com> wrote in message news:93c79c01.0504100652.62f8f523@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > I was wondering if anyone had tried to advertise his software in a > shareware directo...

More Efficiency,More Benefit,Less Risk,Less Work!
More Efficiency,More Benefit,Less Risk,Less Work! TOP & BEST quality of products, high reputation, excellent services and professionalism are those that we used compete with others. We sincerely wish to cooperate with you and to make mutual benefit! We will be your first choice of suppliers for TOP quality products! please kindly visite our website: http://www.nikestore88.com msn: nikestore2008@hotmail.com email: nikestore2008@gmail.com ...

Work at Home- Earn $4,000 With Email Reading Jobs
Work at Home- Earn $4,000 With Email Reading Jobs Get Paid $5 For Each New Sign Ups - Easy To make Money Make More Than $200 A Day , Register Now To Start earning At http://moourl.com/lvi7k ...

sas-l it works

Formmail suddenly stopped working
We have 3 simple submission forms on our website that have worked great for at least two years. Here is one: http://www.hcpl.lib.fl.us/cata=ADlog_materialrequest.htm Nothing has changed to my knowledge. Suddenly, nothing is being delivered. When you send the form in IE the debugger pops up (run time error) and points to the following line within the form: <form method=3D"post" action=3D"cgi-bin/formmail.pl" onsubmit=3D"return validateForm(this)"> This is not an SMTP issue (all SMTP tests pass) - We have never used a verification script - this is what appea...

VB Help wont work, double arrow
I have MS-Access 2002 installed and the part of the VB-Help won't work. It displays a double arrow "<---->" as a cursor in the search box for the 2nd and 3rd tab and won't let me type anything. Somebody reported a very similar problem on Jun 30 2001 6:33 pm ("Help on Help"), and was told to reinstall Access. I did that, but it still does not work. Probably some [bleeped] DLL conflict. Thanks in advanced. ...

Employments Chance in Management work. #2
Regular keep updated with all the different railway career, banking, government and computer data entry. http://rojgars.webs.com/Railwayjobs.htm http://rojgars1.webs.com/gov.htm High quality careers in Management work. Wide range in Management careers. http://managementjobs.webs.com/pm.htm http://topcareer.webs.com/humanresourcemgmt.htm ...

getimagesize() working and *not*working... why?
(as first - thank you for all your help several years ago, and second - please apologise me for my clumsy enlgish) so, preface: some users on my photo related site sometimes enter (link) giant photo in their post or coment, and while I was writting new bbcode for my forum, I have got idea to check size of linked pictures to scale them down if needed (matamethic of that part isn't written in folowing code and would not be a problem). and now, the problem: function getimagesize() worked fine while getting data from my other domains on same server, I tested it with some from other servers a...

It works! It works!
Hey folks, Remember I posted some queries a while back about doing manipulations on directory trees and how tricky it was to keep everything consistent? Well, I've got a basic implementation up and running, and I'm proud to say that it works wonderfully. For those that are curious (Mr French?), I might divulge a bit about how it works :-) Many thanks for the help you folks have given me. I'll probably have a few more queries in the fairly near future, but it's great to get something up and running :-) MH. On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 02:16:31 +0000, "Martin Harve...

cannot get userdb working
Please can somebody help me to edit sendmail.mc + userdb I can sent mail, but despite a lot of googles and numerous changes, I don't success with redefinition of sender e-mail address. With the following config, for user jpg, whose e-mail provider address is toto@free.fr, the From field stays jpg@free.fr, not toto@free.fr as expected. (see below the headers) Please what is wrong ? My box is behind an adsl-router (local IP : 192.168.0.128, external IP : 82.67.....) SMTP of my provider: smtp.free.fr --------------------------------------------------------------- The system: fedora core 3...