Working out a taxRate

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

What would be the easiest way /calculation to work out a tax percentage of
a sub total too and then add to the total

I have four fields

<Settings::TAX>
The use puts in a percentage taxrate as a number
ie 10=10% or 12.5=12.5% etc

<SubTotal>
Is a calculation adding up all other required fields and works

<TAX>
I need to get the Percentage of <SubTotal> set by the field <settings::TAX>
seems to work sometimes.

<Total>
Then add tha <TAX> result with the <SubTotal> to get the <Total>.
Got this working

It is for a simple invoicing system.
The easy and obvoius bits work but I can't seem to work out the percentage
calculation tried everything (except the correct formula) (sure the formula
I used worked in VB :-(  )

Thanx in advanced

http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

0
Reply Bebop 7/13/2003 1:10:06 PM

See related articles to this posting

Well, 12.5% is the same as saying .125.  So the tax would be:
   SubTotal * Settings::Tax * .01

Bebop & Rocksteady wrote:
> What would be the easiest way /calculation to work out a tax percentage of
> a sub total too and then add to the total
>
> I have four fields
>
> <Settings::TAX>
> The use puts in a percentage taxrate as a number
> ie 10=10% or 12.5=12.5% etc
>
> <SubTotal>
> Is a calculation adding up all other required fields and works
>
> <TAX>
> I need to get the Percentage of <SubTotal> set by the field <settings::TAX>
> seems to work sometimes.
>
> <Total>
> Then add tha <TAX> result with the <SubTotal> to get the <Total>.
> Got this working
>
> It is for a simple invoicing system.
> The easy and obvoius bits work but I can't seem to work out the percentage
> calculation tried everything (except the correct formula) (sure the formula
> I used worked in VB :-(  )
>
> Thanx in advanced

Howard Schlossberg              (818) 883-2846
FM Pro Solutions       Los Angeles, California

Reply Howard 7/13/2003 5:31:17 PM

> Well, 12.5% is the same as saying .125.  So the tax would be:
>    SubTotal * Settings::Tax * .01

I could get the calculation to add it in but I couldn't get
it to show the amount it was adding in

Abs( SubTotal*(1 +(settings::Tax/100)))

don't figure ... I must be brain dead

Thanx

http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

0
Reply Bebop 7/14/2003 12:22:02 AM
comp.databases.filemaker 10774 articles. 18 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

does work
Hi there! Thanks for your solution. I've noticed that Matlab is doing some weird things as "dx", the smallest difference between two levels, decreases. Can someone please help me to avoid this issue and maybe explain to me, why it occurs? my levels are: levels = 1.0e+003 * 0.0010 0.0032 0.0100 0.0316 0.1000 0.3162 1.0000 As you can see, dx is 2.2 here. (length(cmap2) is always = 1000/dx) I've uploaded some pictures for various manually changed dxs here: http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/4315/dx1.png Can anyone please help me? this was meant to be...

It works! It works!
Hey folks, Remember I posted some queries a while back about doing manipulations on directory trees and how tricky it was to keep everything consistent? Well, I've got a basic implementation up and running, and I'm proud to say that it works wonderfully. For those that are curious (Mr French?), I might divulge a bit about how it works :-) Many thanks for the help you folks have given me. I'll probably have a few more queries in the fairly near future, but it's great to get something up and running :-) MH. On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 02:16:31 +0000, "Martin Harve...

Cisco works not working
I have inherited a Cisco works server, which didn't work. On reloading all of the software, (after a reformat), it does not recognise that any of the datbases are running and does not function properly. The only thing that does work is cisco view. The datbases are running, service manager verifies this, and when they are set to interact with the desktop, all the logs verify they are running, but according to Ciscoworks, they are not. We are running Ciscoworks 2000, with ie5.5, Java Runtime 1.3.0 on NT 4 Sp6. Any pointers on how to get this working would be gratefully received. ...

Module should not work, but works
Hello, This is a file named p.pl: #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use lib '/path/to/mm_e.pm/'; use mm_e; mm::printok(); printok(); sub printok { print "ok from p.pl\n"; } This is a file named mm_e.pm: package mm; sub printok { print "ok from mm_e.pm\n"; } 1; Result: % perl -w p.pl ok from mm_e.pm ok from p.pl % Why does this work fine ? Shouldn't "strict" or "warnings" give me at least an error about this kind of construction ? I 'm on perl 5.8.3 built for i386-freebsd. -- Bart Bart Van der D...

getimagesize() working and *not*working... why?
(as first - thank you for all your help several years ago, and second - please apologise me for my clumsy enlgish) so, preface: some users on my photo related site sometimes enter (link) giant photo in their post or coment, and while I was writting new bbcode for my forum, I have got idea to check size of linked pictures to scale them down if needed (matamethic of that part isn't written in folowing code and would not be a problem). and now, the problem: function getimagesize() worked fine while getting data from my other domains on same server, I tested it with some from other servers a...

getMethod() works and works not
Hi all, can anybody explain why the getMethod() call (in the line commented with "???" below) throws a NoSuchMethodException? Perhaps I'm doing something obvious wrong, but I couldn't find any hint. ################################################################ import javax.swing.*; import java.lang.reflect.*; public class F { public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception { JFrame frame = new JFrame("Title"); JPanel panel = (JPanel)frame.getContentPane(); JTextArea area = new JTextArea(10, 40); Method method...

BEGIN WORK
We have IDS 9.40. I am trying to put a lock on the order based on the certain criteria(order source) When the order is created with that criteria, it inserts the order id in ord_track table. Then periodically a procedure is called and it is supposed to update the status of the order to on hold and then delete that record so next time is not put again on hold for a second time. The update and delete actions are supposed to work together. If update fails the delete should fail too. So when I created the stored procedure, I created it within a transaction block with BEGIN WORK a...

When does MST7MDT work and when does it not work?
It was my understanding that a TZ string like MST7MDT handles the DST shift w/o manual intervention. I.e., that means GMT-7 if standard time is in effect, but GMT-6 if DST is in effect. But this seems to work with some programs, but not others. Why? The programs that it doesn't work with, you have to say: TZ=MDT6 instead, to get the right result. On 2009-03-08, Kenny McCormack <gazelle@shell.xmission.com> wrote: > It was my understanding that a TZ string like MST7MDT handles the DST > shift w/o manual intervention. I.e., that means GMT-7 if standard time > is in effect...

mail working, not working.
In homage to Twane, I have a problem. This code does not work (mail returns true, but the mail is not received):-------------------------------------------- // mail notification to office $userx = urlencode($user); $emailTo = "office@example.com, william@example.com"; $message = "A new user registered. "; $subject = "A new user registered: $userx"; $headers = <<<END From:office@example.com\n END; mail($emailTo,$subject,$message,$headers); ----------------------------------------------------------- whereas this code does w...

RegSvr32 working but not working
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070208080805010909020909 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit G'day everyone, This is a weird one: I have a COM DLL that I wrote using ActiveState's Perl Developers Kit. It compiles okay. RegSvr32 says that it has registered it. But the object is not available to any user or application, and hunting through the registry on object name or on the various UIDs reveals that the object hasn't been registered .. at all. Has anyone encountered anything like...

commit work not working?
IDS 9.40.HC3 on HP-UX 11i (B.11.11) server We are having a strange situation with begin/commit work, the commit is taking place even though an error occurs between the begin & commit statements. We have a begin work then a load followed by an insert then the commit work. The load has a duplicate key error, but the second insert is being committed. So looks something like this in pseudo code Begin work; load from fname insert tableA; insert tableB; Commit work; The developer was expecting that when the insert into tableA failed because of the duplicate key the inse...

money work at home, no fee work at home programs, office work at home, online work at home
N http://hotbuyline.com/?q=money+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=monster+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=monster+work+at+home+jobs http://hotbuyline.com/?q=monster.com+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=montreal+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=montreal+work+at+home+jobs http://hotbuyline.com/?q=most+popular+work+at+home+jobs http://hotbuyline.com/?q=manila+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=mothers+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=mothers+work+at+home+forum http://hotbuyline.com/?q=mothers+work+at+home+jobs http://hotbuyline.com/?q=nbc+news+work+at+home http://hotb...

advertise work at home, any real work at home, australia work at home, career builder work at home
http://hotbuyline.com/?q=work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=abc+new+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=abc+news+work+at+home+jobs http://hotbuyline.com/?q=abc+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=abc+work+at+home+jobs http://hotbuyline.com/?q=about+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=access+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=accounts+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=acd+direct+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=acd+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=acs+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=actual+work+at+home+jobs http://hotbuyline.com/?q=admin+work+at+home http://hotbu...

Working profile to work on images
Hello all ! I am a newbie at color management, and I am trying to understand... 1. I load an image, with the sRGB profile. It will be displayed in PS using my monitor profile : the colors will be displayed as well as possible (assuming my monitor is calibrated and profiled. It is). Correct ? 2. From what I have read, I should work on my image in the sRGB workspace, using my monitor profile, then check the result I will obtain on my printer, using soft-profiling. This operation then involves a number of trips between the two profiles. Correct ? 3. I understand that soft profiling does not a...

Working form has stopped working
The form Chooser has worked without problems for about a year. It suddenly stopped working in November. It was written for Access2003, but I don't spend much time at the facility where it's used, so I took it over to the local university to try to run it. I found that the university had updated to Access2007 This message appeared when I opened the database: "Missing or broken reference to dao2535.tlb version 3.5" The Chooser form did open and display its lists of agencies and employees, but when I tried to select from either list I got this ...

gamepad not working with AppleWin (has worked before)
My Saitek P2900 Wireless gamepad is not working with AppleWin. This is the first time it hasn't worked. AppleWin won't recognize it. It doesn't detect a "Joystick #1". It will detect other joysticks, such as an SNES pad via USB. Other programs will detect the Saitek pad. No idea what went wrong. Is there anything obvious that I should try to fix this? On Monday, August 13, 2012 4:30:10 PM UTC-7, KP wrote: > No idea what went wrong. Is there anything obvious that I should try > > to fix this? Applewin should be able to see any joysticks tha...

ssh working but sftp not working
Hi, We have openssh-2.9.9-p2 installed on Solaris 8 with PAM enabled. The ssh command works fine but the sftp fails. The traces on the server are: ========================================================================= socket /var/spool/prngd/pool already used by another process, exiting. Jul 22 10:03:38 omcran02 prngd[662]: [ID 816880 daemon.alert] socket /var/spool/ prngd/pool already used by another process, exiting. debug1: Seeding random number generator debug1: sshd version OpenSSH_2.9.9p2 debug1: private host key: #0 type 0 RSA1 debug3: No RSA1 key file /etc/ssh_host_rsa_key. debug1...

SSH works but SFtp does not work
*********************SSHD_CONFIG************************************* # $OpenBSD: sshd_config,v 1.65 2003/08/28 12:54:34 markus Exp $ # This is the sshd server system-wide configuration file. See # sshd_config(5) for more information. # This sshd was compiled with PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/ opt/ bin # The strategy used for options in the default sshd_config shipped with # OpenSSH is to specify options with their default value where # possible, but leave them commented. Uncommented options change a # default value. #Port 22 #Protocol 2,1 #ListenAddress 0.0.0.0 #ListenAd...

SSH works but SFtp does not work
*********************SSHD_CONFIG************************************* # $OpenBSD: sshd_config,v 1.65 2003/08/28 12:54:34 markus Exp $ # This is the sshd server system-wide configuration file. See # sshd_config(5) for more information. # This sshd was compiled with PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/ bin # The strategy used for options in the default sshd_config shipped with # OpenSSH is to specify options with their default value where # possible, but leave them commented. Uncommented options change a # default value. #Port 22 #Protocol 2,1 #ListenAddress 0.0....

mount works but smbmount does not work
hi everybody. I had a strange observation. I have RedHat 9 on two machines mc1 & mc2. mc3 is windows machine. I mounted c:/download directory from mc3 to mc2 using command smbmount //mc3/download /mnt/sharedfile -o username=XYZ. And it worked well and I could access windows files from linux box mc2. But when I tried to use the same command on mc1 it says "tree connect failed: ERRDos - ERRnosuchshare". But when I used the command mount -t smbfs -o username=XYZ,password=passwd //mc3/download /mnt/sharedfile it worked. I could mount the mc3 file system on mc1....

LiveValues work. DeadValues do not work.
Dear List, My situation: I would like to have an application with which i can query a single file in a container. I wrote this little app that runs queries against files in the database.It works with "LiveValues" return types. That means when I query something it gives me the entire doucment back. My problem: But I want only that part of the document that is the correct answer to my query. So I tried "DeadValues". But this does not work for me. I dont get anything back from "DeadValues". Just an empty line when I compile and run the pro...

RE: commit work not working?
John Your pseudo code needs to look mor like this:- begin work load from fname inset into tableA test sql result code if failure then rollback work quit end if insert tableB test sql result code if failure then rollback work quit else commit work end if In dbaccess or isql you manually make the decision to commit or rollback dependant on whether the inserts are successful or not, a single stream of commands as below will always commit the successful portions of the inserts regardless of the overall success, or otherwise, of the remaining commands. Keith -----...

does not work in win2k, works in xp
i try to access searchsecuritychannel.techtarget.com from my win2k machine and it just sits there until i get the page not found. same thing with other techtarget sites. i look at the connection using ethereal and see it resolve and ie is doing http gets with a retransmissions until it stops. but it works with xp machines. anybody know why? thanks. No. Time Source Destination Protocol Info 899 11:11:32.386395 iwasl-oas0706pu.hhsoig.gov sites.techtarget.com HTTP [TCP Retransmission] GET / HTTP/1.1 Frame 899 (740 bytes on wire, 740 ...

work
I am currently available for work of the following types:- Analyst/Programmer Programmer Software Developer VB Programmer (VB5, VB6, VB.Net) Report Writer Systems Analyst Database Programmer Database Designer Database Developer Project Manager Thanks, Darren Brook e-mail: darrenbrook@btconnect.com http://home.btconnect.com/DarrenBrook "Darren Brook" <D_Brook@btinternet.com>'s wild thoughts were released on Thu, 23 Feb 2006 23:44:57 +0000 (UTC) bearing the following fruit: >I am currently available for work of the following types:- > >Analyst/Programmer >...