Working out a taxRate

What would be the easiest way /calculation to work out a tax percentage of
a sub total too and then add to the total

I have four fields

<Settings::TAX>
The use puts in a percentage taxrate as a number
ie 10=10% or 12.5=12.5% etc

<SubTotal>
Is a calculation adding up all other required fields and works

<TAX>
I need to get the Percentage of <SubTotal> set by the field <settings::TAX>
seems to work sometimes.

<Total>
Then add tha <TAX> result with the <SubTotal> to get the <Total>.
Got this working

It is for a simple invoicing system.
The easy and obvoius bits work but I can't seem to work out the percentage
calculation tried everything (except the correct formula) (sure the formula
I used worked in VB :-(  )

Thanx in advanced

http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

0
Bebop
7/13/2003 1:10:06 PM
comp.databases.filemaker 11052 articles. 0 followers. amosw01 (46) is leader. Post Follow

Well, 12.5% is the same as saying .125.  So the tax would be:
   SubTotal * Settings::Tax * .01

Bebop & Rocksteady wrote:
> What would be the easiest way /calculation to work out a tax percentage of
> a sub total too and then add to the total
>
> I have four fields
>
> <Settings::TAX>
> The use puts in a percentage taxrate as a number
> ie 10=10% or 12.5=12.5% etc
>
> <SubTotal>
> Is a calculation adding up all other required fields and works
>
> <TAX>
> I need to get the Percentage of <SubTotal> set by the field <settings::TAX>
> seems to work sometimes.
>
> <Total>
> Then add tha <TAX> result with the <SubTotal> to get the <Total>.
> Got this working
>
> It is for a simple invoicing system.
> The easy and obvoius bits work but I can't seem to work out the percentage
> calculation tried everything (except the correct formula) (sure the formula
> I used worked in VB :-(  )
>
> Thanx in advanced

Howard Schlossberg              (818) 883-2846
FM Pro Solutions       Los Angeles, California

Howard
7/13/2003 5:31:17 PM
> Well, 12.5% is the same as saying .125.  So the tax would be:
>    SubTotal * Settings::Tax * .01

I could get the calculation to add it in but I couldn't get
it to show the amount it was adding in

Abs( SubTotal*(1 +(settings::Tax/100)))

don't figure ... I must be brain dead

Thanx

http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

0
Bebop

Code works on design database, but not in work database (in the network)
Hi,this has been bothering me for a while now. I have 2 MS Access 2000 databases, the real one that everybody uses (in the NT network) and the one I use to design new stuff. After I test the new forms on mine, I import them to the real database so everybody can use it. However, some of the code that works perfectly in my design database fails when I import the form to the network database. Sometimes the code is as simple as "docmd.close" or "me.close" when trying to close a form. I have to use "DoCmd.Close acForm, "formname", acSaveNo so it could work pr...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Working with databases without Database Toolbox
Would like to ask for advice about working with databases in Matlab without the Database toolbox ,since haven't got it installed... Is it possible at all and if yes,woul appreciate any advice Thank you kp <kt246@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<eee2bcb.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP>... > Would like to ask for advice about working with databases in Matlab > without the Database toolbox ,since haven't got it installed... Is it > possible at all and if yes,woul appreciate any advice > > Thank you One of the great things about Matlab is that although toolboxes are a...

Databases Don't Work With OSes; OSes Don't Work With Databases -- Windos 2003 "You've Made A Mess" Say Irate Users !?!!
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=windows+2003+server+problem&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&as_drrb=b&as_mind=12&as_minm=2&as_miny=2004&as_maxd=7&as_maxm=6&as_maxy=2004&selm=ObEBOsECEHA.684%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl&rnum=1 Search Result 1 From: Dave Verwer (d.verwer@link-hrsystems.com) Subject: Problem with SQL Server & MSDTC on Windows 2003 (dtctester.exe related) View: Complete Thread (9 articles) Original Format Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.server, microsoft.public.windows.server.general Date: 2004-03-12 08:02:14 PST Hi all I am not su...

Using a Filemaker Database on a computer with no Filemaker installed
I have created a basic database with a form using Filemaker pro. I would like for a user to be able to use it, but they don't have any version of Filemaker on their computer. I was under the impression that I this could be done. Is there some type of "packaging" I have to do before hand? Thanks Chaz You Have to use Fmpro Developper version to create a Runtime version of you solution. "Xaos" <zahc76@aol.com> a �crit dans le message de news:fnuhd.5718$6z2.2747408@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... > I have created a basic database with a form using Filemaker pro....

Synchronizing a solution database with a Filemaker 6 database
I have filemaker 6 Developer on my workplace computer and have built an extensive database of about 150 current clients which includes a few small relational database files. I would like to be able to modify a copy of this database and convert it into a solution to run on a notebook so I could update records at the time of a client visit and then synchronize them with the "central" database once I'm back on the network. I have thought about using the export and import features that both solutions and Filemaker have as a menu option, and wonder if anyone has successfully been ab...

Excel database query does not work after securing an Access database
Hi all, I'd appreciate if someone could give me a hint to this little annoying problem: I have a simple database that I want to be able to query from Excel. When I use the "new database query" wizard on an unsecured version of my database, everything works fine. I am able to read the tables and queries, I can build customized queries in Excel from the Access tables/queries. Now, the moment I secure my database I loose all connectiviity between Excel and Access. The wizard won't even connect to the database. When I add permission to "open/read database" object thr...

How many times can we see the same request from someone who wants to access data from a 'pick' database through what has come to be 'standard' practices (odbc, oledb) and still get the same old sloppy ' buy this proprietary utility (and above all, my services)' answer. I think most of these pick flavors should have some sort of layer (by now!) to handle this; If someone needs to do this, the service is really 'education' i.e to show them how. Lets cut the shit now and stop with this tired and silly BS and sad marketing schlock. Regards, -Jim ...

Web resources about - Working out a taxRate - comp.databases.filemaker

Working class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Working class (or lower class , labouring class, sometimes proletariat ) is a term used in the social sciences and in ordinary conversation to ...

Senna director working on biopic about Rolls-Royce founders
Filed under: Celebrities , Etc. , TV/Movies , Rolls-Royce , Automotive History , Sedan , Classics , Luxury The story of Rolls-Royce could eventually ...

Microsoft is still working to fix Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 power management problems
... experience on Surface Book. We know some of you are still experiencing issues, including issues related to power management, and we are working ...

Facebook is working on a clever ride-sharing feature for your Events page
A recent patent application from Facebook suggests that the social networking giant has interesting plans in store for its Events page. The patent ...

Blonde Redhead working on new material, playing Rough Trade NYC next week
photo: Blonde Redhead at Webster Hall in 2015 (more by Amanda Hatfield) Blonde Redhead just posted that they're upstate working on new songs, ...

One of Apple's suppliers is working on a pressure-sensitive windshield that's a lot like the iPhone 6S ...
... pressing on it, a feature that is very similar to 3D Touch, a banner feature on late-model Macbooks and the latest iPhones. Synaptics is working ...

Lady Gaga is Working With Intel on a David Bowie Tribute for the Grammy Awards
... to watch the Grammy Awards in a couple weeks? Here’s a good one — as part of their new partnership with the Grammy Awards, Intel is working ...

Apple's working on long-range wireless charging for the iPhone
The iPhone 7 could bring a new dual-lens camera, we're expecting the iPad Air 3 and iPhone 5SE in March, and Apple is exploring virtual reality. ...

This week in the war on workers: White working-class voters and the Trump phenomenon
Donald Trump’s appeal to white working-class voters is something Democrats are going to have to grapple with if he becomes the Republican presidential ...

Britney Spears Shares Photo of Her Bruised Legs to Show How Hard She's Working on Vegas Residency
Britney Spears Shares Photo of Her Bruised Legs to Show How Hard She's Working on Vegas Residency