64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit - new !

64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit,
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit - new
!

Windows Liberty 64bit                                          8403

Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit Edition                         8764

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit              12 000

IBM DB2 UNIVERSAL CONNECT ENTERPRISE EDITION V8.1.2 64BIT       12 211

IBM DB2 Administration Client V8.1.2 64bit W3KSERVER            12 266

IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition V8.1.2 64Bit W3KSERVER    12 284

IBM DB2 Connect Applic Server Edition V8.1.2 64bit W3KSERVER    12 392

IBM DB2 Spatial Extender v8.1 64Bit Multilanguage               12 610

If you have Googled your butt off, and haven't come up with anything
....,  and for 14,000 more reasons, please send e-mail,

tel4@ath.forthnet.gr, tel2003@pathfinder.gr, astra35@pathfinder.gr,

0
TEL

32 bit or 64 bit Oracle on 64 bit OS?
Hello, Currently our environment is on 10g Release 2, OS windows 2000/2003 standard edition 32 bit. We use shared server to take advantage of scalability and connecting maximum no of simultaneous connections to the database. Now we take advantage of memory beyond 4GB we are planning to check following. 64 bit Windows 2003 standard edition on AMD64/EM64T Servers. Do we need to install 64 bit Oracle as well? Do we need to reinstall Oracle clients with 64 bit installable if Oracle Server is upgraded to 64 bit? Is 32 bit Oracle is certified on 64 bit OS? Do we need to take care of any other ...

64-bit instance on Aix 32 bit kernel / 64 bit hardware
Hi, Is it worth to use 64-bit DB2 instances on a 32-bit kernel, in terms of: - performance - configuration (go beyond the 256 Mb segment for private mem, 1.75 Gb for Bufferpools) - other ? I've seen NIS is not supported, downlevel (64 to 32 bit ?) is not supported .... The "Should I be using DB2 64-bit?" tech note seems confusing: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=71&context=SSEPGG&q1=64-bit&uid=swg21188114&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en It states some restrictions - You can install 64-bit DB2 UDB Version 8 on 32-bit operating syst...

compiling on 32-bit vs. 64-bit (gcc fails on 64-bit)
On a 64-bit Scientific Linux 5.4 machine, I get the following when I try to compile the basic "Hello world" program: [root]# g++ -Wall hello.cc -o hello /tmp/ccglIDXK.s: Assembler messages: /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:10: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:38: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:55: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:79: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:81: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:85: Error: suffix or operand...

Run 32-bit and 64-bit listener at the same time on W3K 64-bit
I have Oracle 10.2.0.4-64 bit running on W3K-64-bit. Now I need to run a 32-bit 9.2.0.5 (yes I know, ouch) on this box. I cannot get the listener to work. I use batch file to specifically point to the 9.2 environment, but for some reason it points to the 64-bit version. Any clues? E:\dbscripts>rem set oracle 9.2 environment E:\dbscripts>set ORACLE_HOME=C:\oracle\ora92 E:\dbscripts>set path=C:\oracle\ora92\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;\\CFOLDC1\fopublic\ E:\dbscripts>set TNS_ADMIN=C:\oracle\ora92\network\admin E:\dbscripts>c: C:\...

AIX 64-bit kernel vs. 32-bit with 64-bit extensions
We are in the process of migrating our IDS 7.31 UD4 instance to IDS 9.4FC6. At the same time, we are moving to IBM p630 servers with 2 1.2Ghz Power4 processors with 4G of RAM running on AIX 5.2. We are beginning to test a reorg/migration script which uses distributed SQL queries to move data from our very-interleaved, messy IDS 7 instance to a well-organized IDS 9 instance with big chunks (where needed). In our test, both instances are on separate p630 AIX 5.2 servers connected on the same subnet. We were just told by our AIX admins that our standard mode for the AIX 5.2 servers is 32-bit mode with 64-bit extensions. The first migration script test is running now, but slower than we had hoped. With the above configuration in mind, would true 64-bit kernel give us much advantage in speed and efficiency for our IDS 9.4 instance? If so, any idea how much? Is there any IBM documentation out there that I could show our AIX admins to convince them to change to 64-bit kernel mode? Thanks. Pete Link University of Michigan Health System Ann Arbor, MI USA "pete_link" <plink1@excite.com> wrote in message news:1110977903.633518.5340@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > We are in the process of migrating our IDS 7.31 UD4 instance to IDS > 9.4FC6. At the same time, we are moving to IBM p630 servers with 2 > 1.2Ghz Power4 processors with 4G of RAM running on AIX 5.2. > > We are beginning to test a reorg/migration scrip...

"LoadLibrary" of a 32 bit so with 64 bit java on a 64 bit machine
Hello, I have an x86_64 linux machine. The java installed there is Sun java for linux (64 bit version- Linux x64 Platform - Java(TM) SE Development Kit 6) I have a library (.so) which includes JNI calls. This library was compiled on a 32 bit machine and I don't have it's sources. When running a jar in the usual way, if I try "LoadLibrary" on this machine from the java code I get an error. Is there a way to run the jar in "32 bit mode" on this machine with this 64 bit java ? Which flag to the "java" command should I pass in order to achive this ? Or is...

Upgrading to 64-Bit DB2 9.7.4 and 64-Bit ooRexx 4.1.0
I am considering upgrading my server to 64 bit, and have tried finding information regarding 64-bit DB2 and ooRexx, which seems to be very hard to come across. Can anyone advise some recommendations in this regard ? IBM's site only discussed 32-bit Rexx and 64-bit DB2 where the API SQLDB2 is no longer supported. See http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9r7/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.db2.luw.apdv.gs.doc%2Fdoc%2Fr0023474.html No where can I find any information regarding 64-bit ooRexx and DB2, and what is supported. Specifically the Rexx API's SQLEXEC, SQLDBS and SQLDB2. ...

Installing 64-bit Fedora on a 64-bit PC currently running 32-bit Fedora?
Dear all, I borrowed a Dell Optiplex 745 duo-core PC from my friend who has installed Fedora Core 6. Without the knowledge that the PC actually supports EMT64, the i586 build (32-bit) has been installed. Now I'd like to use the machine to perform some testing that must need 64-bit OS. However, I don't want to reinstall the OS and destroy all data on my friend's PC, and it is unsure if some software my friend uses can work well on 64-bit OS. Therefore I'd like to install a 64-bit (x86_64 build) version of Fedora Core 6 (or Fedora 7) and then dual boot it with the origina...

64-bit DB2 server and 32-bit application?
We are in process of upgrading from DB2 8 to DB2 9 on AIX. AIX is running 64-bit kernel and DB2 8.2 is running 32-bit. Our application s also 32-bit due to third party library, which is not available in 64- bit, we cannot compile our application in 64-bit. If we install DB2 9 in 64-bit can I link our application with DB2. Is there any benefit in installing 64-bit DB2 if I my application is 32- bit? Thanks. shahhe@gmail.com wrote: > We are in process of upgrading from DB2 8 to DB2 9 on AIX. AIX is > running 64-bit kernel and DB2 8.2 is running 32-bit. Our application s > also 32-bit due to third party library, which is not available in 64- > bit, we cannot compile our application in 64-bit. > > If we install DB2 9 in 64-bit can I link our application with DB2. Is > there any benefit in installing 64-bit DB2 if I my application is 32- > bit? > > Thanks. Starting DB2 version 9.5, you don't have the option to run a 32-bit instance on a 64-bit OS. For the implications for your application, see: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9r5/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.luw.qb.migration.doc/doc/c0022266.html HTH -- Jeroen > If we install DB2 9 in 64-bit can I link our application with DB2. Is > there any benefit in installing 64-bit DB2 if I my application is 32- > bit? TheBoss was not entirely correct. Only the instance itself has to be 64 bit. We still ship 32 bit libraries with ...

db2 java application of 32-bit and 64-bit DB2 insatnce
I did a test on running db2 database java code on 32-bit and 64-bit db2 instance. It seams that java application with 32-bit JVM couldn't run at 64-bit db2 instance. Also 64-bit JVM couldn't run at 32-bit db2 instance. I will show the following error: A database problem has occurred - java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver IBM only provides SQC on different 32-bit and 64-bit. DB2 instance will have different LIB for 32 and 64 bit instance. But for JAVA, I didn't find JAVA driver with 32-bit and 64-bit. How DB2 get the driver for 32-bit and 64-bit instance? When I ...

compile int as 64 bit on a 64 bit machine?
Hello Guys, I was wondering how to compile an int into 64bit mode in a 64 bit machine with gcc. Seems by default the int is treated as 4bytes. Thanks in advance! -Andy W. On Oct 21, 1:40=A0pm, Andy <wherea...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello Guys, > > I was wondering how to compile an int into 64bit mode in a 64 bit > machine with gcc. Seems by default the int is treated as 4bytes. > Thanks in advance! > > -Andy W. Why would you want this? And what do you mean by "64-bit machine?" x86_64? ppc64? sparc? On x86_64 32-bit types are JUST AS FAST to work with a...

64 bit linux and 64 bit icfb executable
Is there a 64 bit icfb executable for linux. Are there any known issues in running 32 bit icfb on 64 bit linux thanks, Sriram On 12 Feb 2007 12:25:14 -0800, "SS" <ssriramiyer@gmail.com> wrote: >Is there a 64 bit icfb executable for linux. > No. Not yet. >Are there any known issues in running 32 bit icfb on 64 bit linux No. > >thanks, >Sriram Regards, Andrew. -- Andrew Beckett Principal European Technology Leader Cadence Design Systems, UK. Thanks Andrew, Sriram On Feb 12, 3:10 pm, Andrew Beckett <andr...@DcEaLdEeTnEcTe.HcIoSm> wrote: > O...

A general problem in 64-bit Matlab with establishing connections to 64-bit ODBC databases
I have tried to connect to MS Access database (Windows 7, Matlab 2011 both 64 bits) but I got the same error as for a SQL server connection: conn =3D database('DRIVER=3D{Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};DBQ=3DC:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011a\toolbox\database\dbdemos \tutorial.mdb', '', '') conn =3D Instance: 'DRIVER=3D{Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};DBQ=3DC:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011a\toolbox\database\dbdemos \tutorial.mdb' UserName: '' Driver: [] URL: [] Constructor: [1x1 com.mathworks.toolbox...

96-bit integer modulo, Athlon64 gcc 64-bit integers, libc codefor 64-bit division, etc.
Hi, To effectively solve a research problem, I need a very fast (sub-microsecond, if possible) method to determine whether one 96-bit integer is an exact multiple of another 96-bit integer. The high-level application is mostly written in Perl and is intended to be portable, but right now I am concentrating on the hardware that I have in-hand, which include 2.4 GHz Xeons, a 1.8 GHz Athlon64 ("3000+), a 1.8GHz Pentium M, and a Mac with a G5 CPU (sorry, I don't know the CPU speed). The x86s (except for the Pentium M) are running Linux, the Pentium M is running Windows XP and the Mac i...

64 bit Fortran compiler test suite .... or how to develop 64 bit compiler test suite?
hello Everybody Hi, I have just ported My Fortran 90 Compiler on IBM AIX-5.3.0.0. Now teh compiler is able to generate 64 bit binaries. And i have also enhanced my FORTRAN compiler to support integer up to 8 bytes(INTEGER*8 or INTEGER(KIND=8). But I don't have test cases how to do proper testing. Actually i am confused about what the meaning of testing 64 bit compiler???? I did not get any free test suit for tesing 64 bit compiler...... I am having FCVS. But it does not cover 64 bit test suite. Can any one tell me from where i acn get 64 bit FORTRAN compiler Test suit????? Or wh...

unsigned 64-bit int / signed 64-bit int
It seems as though java does not have the ability to read or handle unsigned 64-bit integers. Correct me if I am wrong. I am trying to develop an algorithm to bypass this limitation. Suppose I have the usigned 64-bit int "18438013886959845375". This number falls between (2 ^ 64) - 1 and (2 ^ 63) - 1, meaning it is a valid unsigned 64-bit integer, but higher than what java can handle. All I need are the appropriate bits in this number, not the number itself. I can read "18438013886959845375" in as a string correctly. Can anyone help with an algorithm to convert an unsigned...

64 Bit Student Version on 64 Bit OS Vista
Is there a way to get a 64 Bit Student version. reason OS is 64 Bit Vista Current Student version 2010a is 32 bit , will call only 32 bit mex files call 32 bit system files which don't exist do to system being 64 bit Thank You ...

SW 2007 64-bit on Vista 64-bit -- conclusions?
has anyone tried this? does it work? Thanks. Just learned that its a no-go. 2007 64-bit will only fly in XP64. Sorry, should've done more homework before posting. But how about 2007 32-bit in Vista compatibility mode? off to do more digging.... pardon the interruption. On Sep 30, 12:36=A0pm, post <p...@fononica.com> wrote: > has anyone tried this? =A0does it work? > > Thanks. ...

32 or 64 bit front-end on 64-bit Mac
Just installed Mathematica 6.0.2.1 on a Mac Pro running OS X 10.5.2 (Leopard). TThe system info (portions included below) reports that the Mathematica kernel is 64 bit as expected, it says the front end is 32 bit. Note that in that section, the processor type is reported as x86 not x86-64. SystemInformationData[{"Kernel" -> {"Version" -> "6.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit) (March 13, 2008)", "ReleaseID" -> "6.0.2 (1009763, 1009696)", ... "MachineType" -> "PC", "OperatingSystem...

How well does 64-bit Matlab run on 64-bit systems
I am considering purchasing a 64-bit workstation running 64-bit Linux or my management may require a Windows based system running under EM64T. I am interested in how well it performs and what kinds of problems users are having with it. Is anyone successfully running 64-bit Matlab on 64-bit systems? If so is it faster than the 32-bit version? Which 64-bit system is best? Most of my computations are floating point intensive as well as requiring lots of sorting. Lastly, I am leery of being forced to get the 64-bit version of Windows XP which is still in beta testing. What kind performance can be ...

64 bit linux and 64 bit icfb executable #2
Is there a 64 bit icfb executable for linux. Are there any known issues in running 32 bit icfb on 64 bit linux thanks, Sriram ...

x86-64 performance: 32 bit vs 64 bit
Dear All -- In a question that has a vague link to Fortran, can anyone enlighten me whether the new x86-64 architecture exhibits any performance boost in running 64-bit code, as opposed to 32-bit code? I've been labouring under the notion that, in 64-bit mode, the extensions to the x86 instruction set give access to a number of extra general-purpose registers. Since register starvation is one of the historical bottlenecks with the x86 architecture, it follows that 64-bit code will experience a significant performance boost over 32-bit code on the x86-64 platform. This I've ga...

How to best do 64 bit by 64 bit division, without actually doing so
Strange question, and full 64-bit/64-bit routines can be found in the Intel and AMD manuals, and in 64-bit code they would be no problem whatsoever, but hiven this expression: result = (k**2 * (d + r)) / (t * d * r) where the values of k, r, d and t can be k: up to 10,000,000 d: up to 1,600 r: up to 12,500 t: up to 12,500 which means that (k**2 * (d + r)) <= 1,41e18, which is less than 2**61 (EDX:EAX) but (t * d * r) <= 2.5e11 > 2**31... is there a sure-fire way to guarantee that a repeated division, e.g. k**2 * (d + r) / (t * d) (/ r) or k**2 * (d + r) ...

64-bit porting: A question on TAO 64-bit porting

VFP conversion from 64 bit float to 64 bit integer
I'm currently writing a 64 bit (double precision) float package for our Forth compilers using the VFP instructions. Is there a convenient way to convert a 64 bit float to a 64 bit integer without throwing away 30 bits of the mantissa? Or do I have to do this the hard way by picking the float apart? And of course integer to float? My brain hurts ... Any pointers will be gratefully received, even to C library routines. Stephen -- Stephen Pelc, stephenXXX@mpeforth.com MicroProcessor Engineering Ltd - More Real, Less Time 133 Hill Lane, Southampton SO15 5AF, England tel:...

Web resources about - 64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit - new ! - comp.databases.ibm-db2

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message