Arrays vs Declared Global Temp Tables for Stored Procs in DB2 9.5

I am using DB2 9.5.5 and cannot migrate to 9.7 anytime soon, so I cannot use
Created Global Temporary Tables (CGTT).

I am wondering how Arrays are implemented for stored procedures and what the
performance is compared to declared global temporary tables (DGTT). In order
to improve performance, I want to use arrays instead of a DGTT, but I want
to make sure that Arrays are not creating a DGTT under the covers.

Assume that Arrays provides me with the functionality I need.

0
Martin

On 7/14/2010 12:45 AM, Martin wrote:
> I am using DB2 9.5.5 and cannot migrate to 9.7 anytime soon, so I cannot use
> Created Global Temporary Tables (CGTT).
>
> I am wondering how Arrays are implemented for stored procedures and what the
> performance is compared to declared global temporary tables (DGTT). In order
> to improve performance, I want to use arrays instead of a DGTT, but I want
> to make sure that Arrays are not creating a DGTT under the covers.
>
> Assume that Arrays provides me with the functionality I need.
I'm actually preparing a talk on the topic.

For now: ARRAYs are a continuous piece of memory allocated on the
application heap. At lot less overhead than all the table infrastructure.
On the flip side if you have some open-ended and huge arrays paired with
many concurrent users... well you do the math.
Of course the API for ARRAY (SET, ARRAY_AGG, UNNEST) is fundamentally
different from DGTT (UPDATE, DELETE, INSERT, DECLARE cursor)

Cheers
Serge

PS: If you do a nested loop between two arrays that's what you get. No
optimizer is going to rewrite your join...

--
Serge Rielau
SQL Architect DB2 for LUW

0
Serge
7/14/2010 4:14:45 PM
On Jul 14, 9:14=A0pm, Serge Rielau <srie...@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> On 7/14/2010 12:45 AM, Martin wrote:> I am using DB2 9.5.5 and cannot mig=
rate to 9.7 anytime soon, so I cannot use
> > Created Global Temporary Tables (CGTT).
>
> > I am wondering how Arrays are implemented for stored procedures and wha=
t the
> > performance is compared to declared global temporary tables (DGTT). In =
order
> > to improve performance, I want to use arrays instead of a DGTT, but I w=
ant
> > to make sure that Arrays are not creating a DGTT under the covers.
>
> > Assume that Arrays provides me with the functionality I need.
>
> I'm actually preparing a talk on the topic.
>
> For now: ARRAYs are a continuous piece of memory allocated on the
> application heap. At lot less overhead than all the table infrastructure.
> On the flip side if you have some open-ended and huge arrays paired with
> many concurrent users... well you do the math.
> Of course the API for ARRAY (SET, ARRAY_AGG, UNNEST) is fundamentally
> different from DGTT (UPDATE, DELETE, INSERT, DECLARE cursor)
>
> Cheers
> Serge
>
> PS: If you do a nested loop between two arrays that's what you get. No
> optimizer is going to rewrite your join...
>
> --
> Serge Rielau
> SQL Architect DB2 for LUW
> IBM Toronto Lab

Can you please share the presentation after your talk or in ur blog
maybe?
0
Arun
7/15/2010 1:03:38 PM
On 7/15/2010 9:03 AM, Arun Srini wrote:
> On Jul 14, 9:14 pm, Serge Rielau<srie...@ca.ibm.com>  wrote:
>> On 7/14/2010 12:45 AM, Martin wrote:>  I am using DB2 9.5.5 and cannot migrate to 9.7 anytime soon, so I cannot use
>>> Created Global Temporary Tables (CGTT).
>>
>>> I am wondering how Arrays are implemented for stored procedures and what the
>>> performance is compared to declared global temporary tables (DGTT). In order
>>> to improve performance, I want to use arrays instead of a DGTT, but I want
>>> to make sure that Arrays are not creating a DGTT under the covers.
>>
>>> Assume that Arrays provides me with the functionality I need.
>>
>> I'm actually preparing a talk on the topic.
>>
>> For now: ARRAYs are a continuous piece of memory allocated on the
>> application heap. At lot less overhead than all the table infrastructure.
>> On the flip side if you have some open-ended and huge arrays paired with
>> many concurrent users... well you do the math.
>> Of course the API for ARRAY (SET, ARRAY_AGG, UNNEST) is fundamentally
>> different from DGTT (UPDATE, DELETE, INSERT, DECLARE cursor)
>>
>> Cheers
>> Serge
>>
>> PS: If you do a nested loop between two arrays that's what you get. No
>> optimizer is going to rewrite your join...
>>
>> --
>> Serge Rielau
>> SQL Architect DB2 for LUW
>> IBM Toronto Lab
>
> Can you please share the presentation after your talk or in ur blog
> maybe?
Absolutely. After IDUG Europe and IOD Las Vegas.
I often turn them into developerworks articles.

--
Serge Rielau
SQL Architect DB2 for LUW

0
Serge
7/15/2010 1:14:43 PM
"Serge Rielau" <srielau@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
> For now: ARRAYs are a continuous piece of memory allocated on the
> application heap. At lot less overhead than all the table infrastructure.
> On the flip side if you have some open-ended and huge arrays paired with
> many concurrent users... well you do the math.
> Of course the API for ARRAY (SET, ARRAY_AGG, UNNEST) is fundamentally
> different from DGTT (UPDATE, DELETE, INSERT, DECLARE cursor)
>
> Cheers
> Serge
>
> PS: If you do a nested loop between two arrays that's what you get. No
> optimizer is going to rewrite your join...
>
> --
> Serge Rielau
> SQL Architect DB2 for LUW
> IBM Toronto Lab

My developers are reporting that SP's with arrays are performing well in 9.7
(compared to GTT), but seem to run much slower in 9.5. Is this to be
expected? We are testing the exact same SP's both releases.

0
Martin
8/27/2010 2:46:39 AM
On 8/26/2010 10:46 PM, Martin wrote:
> "Serge Rielau"<srielau@ca.ibm.com>  wrote in message
>> For now: ARRAYs are a continuous piece of memory allocated on the
>> application heap. At lot less overhead than all the table infrastructure.
>> On the flip side if you have some open-ended and huge arrays paired with
>> many concurrent users... well you do the math.
>> Of course the API for ARRAY (SET, ARRAY_AGG, UNNEST) is fundamentally
>> different from DGTT (UPDATE, DELETE, INSERT, DECLARE cursor)
>> PS: If you do a nested loop between two arrays that's what you get. No
>> optimizer is going to rewrite your join...
> My developers are reporting that SP's with arrays are performing well in 9.7
> (compared to GTT), but seem to run much slower in 9.5. Is this to be
> expected? We are testing the exact same SP's both releases.
Interesting... no significant design changes were done.
We merely added row support.

--
Serge Rielau
SQL Architect DB2 for LUW

0
Serge

SN#22873 Oracle Database 11g vs. IBM DB2 Enterprise 9.5
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 145 Issue 2 2010-03-11 Article 22873 from section "SysAdmin's Section" An Edison Group Comparative Management Costs Study A recent study conducted by the Edison Group titled "Comparative Management Costs Study�Oracle Database 11g vs. IBM DB2 Enterprise 9.5" quantifies how Oracle widens the manageability lead against IBM. Points made in the 78-page report: 43% annual savings in database management; typical administrative functions are 40% faster; 49% fewer steps for the same set of standa...

db2 move with COPY option between db2 9.5 and 9.7 supported?
I can not get db2move work with db2 9.5 -> 9.7. I am running db2move utility on target system. Source db is 9.5.4 target db is 9.7.1 db2move test COPY -sn hsn -co TARGET_DB SAMPLE SCHEMA_MAP ((hsn,test)) -u db2inst1 -p db2 fails with: create dmt: systools.dmt_xxxxx Error message: sqlcode -206: select objschema, objname, type. subtype, generated_cols in db2 diag log is entire failed select statement 2009-12-02-22.29.15.193268+060 I98022G789 LEVEL: Severe PID : 13740 TID : 3050243776 PROC : db2move INSTANCE: hsn NODE : 000 ...

The fix pack images for DB2 9.7 FP3 and DB2 9.5 FP6 have been removed from Fix Central
Hello DB2 Support Team, DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows: Flashes DB2 v9.5 images for fix pack 6 (FP6) and DB2 v9.7 images for fix pack 3 (FP3) are no longer available for release and download The fix pack images for DB2 9.7 FP3 and DB2 9.5 FP6 have been removed from Fix Central. This document contains details on why this was done and possible actions you must take. But the link for both APAR's are also not available. reagrds, Joachim "Joachim M�ller" <jcmuellerdo@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:6a431f45-16af-4790-a61a-00b1307b8435@y31g2000vbt.googlegroups.com... > Hello DB2 Support Team, > > DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows: Flashes > > DB2 v9.5 images for fix pack 6 (FP6) and DB2 v9.7 images for fix pack > 3 (FP3) are no longer available for release and download > > The fix pack images for DB2 9.7 FP3 and DB2 9.5 FP6 have been removed > from Fix Central. This document contains details on why this was done > and possible actions you must take. > > But the link for both APAR's are also not available. > > reagrds, > Joachim The links to the APARs in the first column are available, but not the second column (there are 2 links for each APAR). Since they are Hiper APAR's they may require registration to see them (which I find extremely annoying). I read the Hiper APAR's for 9.7.3 and as I recall they had to do with incorrect results being returned i...

DB2 database upgrade from 9.7.5 to 10.5 fixPack 1
Hi! I have a database that was created on DB2 Express-C 9.7.5. I uninstalled DB2 9.7.5, installed DB2 10.5 fixpack 1 and did: db2 upgrade db DBNAME database manager crashed with lots of there errors in db2diag.log: Begin migrating catalog table: SYSTABLES 2013-10-15-13.40.32.205649+120 I116917G1287 LEVEL: Error PID : 2158 TID : 3028282176 PROC : db2sysc INSTANCE: db2inst1 NODE : 000 DB : LUMINA HOSTNAME: ubuntu EDUID : 27 EDUNAME: db2pfchr (LUMINA) FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, oper system services, sqloReadVLow, probe:100 MESSAGE : ZRC=0x870F0009=-2029060087=SQLO_EOF "the data does not exist" DIA8506C Unexpected end of file was reached. DATA #1 : Codepath, 8 bytes 7:17:27 DATA #2 : String, 17 bytes End of file hit ! DATA #3 : signed integer, 4 bytes 0 DATA #4 : unsigned integer, 4 bytes 0 DATA #5 : File handle, PD_TYPE_SQO_FILE_HDL, 8 bytes File Handle = 15 File System Block Size = 4096 bytes File System Type = ext4 File Handle Flags : Require Sector Align = No DIO/CIO Mode = Yes Raw Block Device = No Reserved Handle = No Flush On Close = No Thread-Level Lock = No Write-through Mode = Yes File Not Tracked = Yes DATA #6 : signed integer, 4 bytes 2 DATA #7 : signed integer, 4 bytes 0 DATA #8 : File Offset, 8 bytes 874680320 DATA #9 : signe...

Single large RAID array with a single DB2 container vs. multiple smaller RAID arrays and multiple DB2 containers
I am in the process of designing the migration of an existing DB2 production database to new storage. Most likely we will be using RAID 10. By way of example let's say my two choices are: 1. Single RAID 10 array with 8 primary disks. DB2 tablespaces consisting of a single container each. 2. Two RAID 10 arrays with 4 primary disks each. DB2 tablespaces consisting of two containers each, one on each array. From a DB2 performance perspective, is there any difference between these two approaches? It's unlikely I will have time to benchmark these two options and so any advice to get me going on the right track would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Hello, On 17.05.12 4:31 , Desmodromic wrote: > 1. Single RAID 10 array with 8 primary disks. DB2 tablespaces consisting of > a single container each. > > 2. Two RAID 10 arrays with 4 primary disks each. DB2 tablespaces consisting > of two containers each, one on each array. > > From a DB2 performance perspective, is there any difference between these > two approaches? Hmmm, as with most theoretical questions, the answer is: it depends. There are several levels and forms of striping: 1) storage subsystem 2) OS - LVM 3) DB2 The best for performance is to use only 2 out of the 3 options. I usually tend to go with 1 and 3 (that is, if you are the storage admin as well). It also depends on the workload and how many IOPS your workload requires. The be...

PB5 call to DB2 stored proc with DB2 connect
Hi. I was wondering if someone could provide some sample code for calling a DB2 stored proc from Powerbuilder with any specifics/problems with db2 connect. The DB2 db is on a mainframe...not sure what type. Thanks in advance, Gordon ...

IBM DB2 9-9.5 UNIX/Linux/Windows Consensus Security Configuration Guide
Hi, I represent the Center for Internet Security. We are a non-profit organization that creates consensus security configuration guides. We've drafted a security configuration guide for IBM DB2 8.0 - 9.5 for the UNIX, Linux, and Windows platforms and we welcome your participating in vetting the guide. All contributors will be given attribution within the completed benchmark and on the CIS website, and may earn CPE credits towards maintaining ISC2 and ISACA certifications. The completed guide will be made freely available on the CIS website (http://cisecurity.org). Goals: 1. Reach consensus on the set of security impacting configuration artifacts for IBM DB2 8 =96 9.5 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows. 2. Reach consensus on the recommended state of those configuration artifacts to achieve the best possible balance of security and functionality. 3. Reach consensus on the implementation and audit procedures for establishing and detecting the recommended configuration state. Estimated Schedule: Sep 2, 2009 =96 Enroll participants Sep 14, 2009 =96 Begin work Nov 1, 2009 =96 Benchmark complete Requested Time Commitment: At a minimum, participants are asked to contribute at least be three (3) hours during the course initiative to complete community surveys which are designed to be taken in 15 minutes or less. Participants are encouraged to collaborate thirty (30) minutes per week. All contributions are on a volu...

Connect to IBM DB2 database without installing the DB2 client.
Hi, To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 client. Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single file (db2cli.dll). I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on Linux machine. Regards, Santosh SB wrote: > Hi, > > To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 > client. > Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single > file (db2cli.dll). > I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on > Linux machine. > It's imposiblle. The IBM DB2 ODBC Driver is not only db2cli.dll. Try to install DB2 Run Time Client Lite merge modules with your VB application under client workstation. Direct connecting to DB2 databases supported JDBC Type 4 Driver only. P.S. Sorry for my bad english :( With best regards, Dmitry. FYI: On Windows DB2 comes with db2iprune tool. With this utility you can reduce size of installation binaries, for example you can reduce your DB2 runtime client to include only the interfaces you need. The db2iprune tool is located in the \db2\windows\utilities\db2iprune directory on DB2 product installation image. So, if you are planning install DB2 client with/within your application you can combine the tool with the response file and perform quick batch installation. -- Artur Wronski ...

DB2 9.5 global variables
Interesting! I was going to ask if such a thing existed, but I was pretty much convinced they did not so I didn't ask. Looks like with version 9.5 DB2 supports global variables: "Global variables improve data sharing between SQL statements. Version 9.5 introduces the concept of global variables, which are named memory variables that you can access and modify through SQL statements. Global variables enable you to share data between different SQL statements running in the same session (or connection) without the need for application logic to support this data transfer." The reason I had wanted something like this is for applications where a generic userid is used for an application to connect to a database, but a specific userid is used by the user when using the application. This way I think we can do something like this: CREATE VARIABLE global.userid VARCHAR(20) DEFAULT NULL^ CREATE TABLE maint_log ( userid VARCHAR(20) , field_name VARCHAR(40) NOT NULL , old_value VARCHAR(255) , new_value VARCHAR(255) )^ CREATE TRIGGER TEST.NAME_LOG_TR AFTER UPDATE OF name, city, state ON TEST.TABLE1 REFERENCING OLD AS old NEW AS new FOR EACH ROW MODE DB2SQL BEGIN ATOMIC IF NOT old.name = new.name THEN INSERT INTO maint_log (userid, field_name, old_value, new_value) VALUES (global.userid, 'NAME', old.name, new.name); END IF; IF NOT old.city = new.city THEN ...

Does DB2 8.2 client support DB2 9.5 Server
Hello All, We have installed UDB 9.5 on HP-UX IA64 machine. We would like to install DB2 8.2 client on HP-UX PA-RISC V11.11. We want to install only on HPUX V 11.11 since we have licensed version MF Cobol on this. My question is: Can DB2 8.2 client talk to DB2 server 9.5? Please let me know asap. Thanks in advance. Prakash wrote: > Hello All, > > We have installed UDB 9.5 on HP-UX IA64 machine. We would like to > install DB2 8.2 client on HP-UX PA-RISC V11.11. We want to install > only on HPUX V 11.11 since we have licensed version MF Cobol on this. > > My question is: Can DB2 8.2 client talk to DB2 server 9.5? > > Please let me know asap. > > Thanks in advance. Let me quote the Information Center for DB2 9.5 : Combinations of DB2 Universal Database (UDB) Version 8, DB2 Version 9.1, and DB2 Version 9.5 DB2 Universal DatabaseT (UDB) Version 8 and DB2 Version 9.1 clients can access a remote DB2 Version 9.5 server. Note the following restriction: There is a restriction when a client is located on the same system as a DB2 server, and they are different versions. In this case, local client-to-server connections using Interprocess Communication (IPC) are not supported. Instead, a connection can be established by treating the connection as a remote connection (called a loopback connection) using TCP/IP. IBM� Data Server Client, IBM Data Server Runtime Client, and IBM Data Server Driver for ODBC,...

Java Problem after Migration DB2 9.5 with Replication 9.5
I migrated a DB2 ESE V8.0.4 on Solaris with Replication server to version 9.5. The Solaris Sparc System is the Replication Target. After the Migration, the Apply Process cannot found the Java Procedure "TEST.FILL_TAB". "Q Apply" : "DB2REP" : "BR00001" : Target table "TEST.FILL_TAB" for Q subscription "TEST-TAB-REPL" (receive queue "TTEST.DATA.02", replication queue map "TEST_REPL_02") does not exist" Does somebody know this problem? All Subscription works, until on these, that use a Java Procedure. Best Regards Robert ...

Declaring a Condition handler in DB2 Stored Proc
Trying to declare a simple handler for SQLEXCEPTION. Simple stored proc (UDB 8.2) ---- CREATE PROCEDURE TFBUDB.SMACF_SM_DI (IN POL_NBR CHAR(10) , OUT ErrNo INTEGER , OUT ErrMsg CHAR(80) ) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ -- SQL Stored Procedure ------------------------------------------------------------------------ P1: BEGIN DECLARE SQLCODE INTEGER DEFAULT 0; DECLARE NOTFOUND INTEGER DEFAULT 100; DECLARE CONTINUE HANDLER FOR SQLEXCEPTION SET ErrMsg = 'Houston, we have a problem'; DECLARE D1 CURSOR WITH RETURN TO CALLER FOR SELECT DI_NME_TXT ,DI_OCCR_NBR FROM TFBUDB.SM_DI_NME_INFO WHERE POL_NBR_TXT = POL_NBR; OPEN D1; END P1 -------------------------------------------------------- Attempting to build in DB2 Development center I get the error below - it certainly does not like it. Syntax for handler right out of book: TFBUDB.SMACF_SM_DI - Build started. DROP SPECIFIC PROCEDURE TFBUDB.SQL070413170923800 TFBUDB.SMACF_SM_DI - Drop stored procedure completed. Create stored procedure returns -104. TFBUDB.SMACF_SM_DI: 20: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0104N An unexpected token "<cursor declaration>" was found following "". Expected tokens may include: "<SQL statement>". LINE NUMBER=20. SQLSTATE=42601 TFBUDB.SMACF_SM_DI - Build failed. TFBUDB.SMACF_SM_DI - Roll back completed...

query sql server/oracle table from Db2 or join db2 table with sqlserver table
My application connects to a DB2 V8.2 EE database running on AIX. I need to now lookup a table in SQL SERVER via the DB2 connection. I also need to run an sql that joins a DB2 table with an Oracle table. How can I accomplish this ? Do i need a seperate product ? I also have license for Db2 v8 connect that I use for connecting to db2 on the mainframe. TIA Roger ...

Creating Global Temp Table in UDB DB2 v8
I was unable to run the statement "CREATE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE" on unix version of DB2, it gave the follwing error db2 => create global temporary table temp ( OGI_SYS_NR char(8) ) DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it returned: SQL0104N An unexpected token "create global temporary table temp ( OGI_S" was found following "BEGIN-OF-STATEMENT". Expected tokens may include: "<values>". SQLSTATE=42601 Can we create "Create ...

Re: Proc SQl vs DB2 Question #5
Ben: While I agree with you said and with what Paul said, I'd add a positive note. The relational model gives a database programmer a quick and accurate way to specify exactly how he or she wants to combine and arrange tabular data objects. The database system that serves a database has free reign to organize storage and processing of data so long as the result matches what the programmer specifies. Sig -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 6:08 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject...

query sql server/oracle table from Db2 or join db2 table with sqlserver table #2
My application connects to a DB2 V8.2 EE database running on AIX. I need to now lookup a table in SQL SERVER via the DB2 connection. I also need to run an sql that joins a DB2 table with an Oracle table. How can I accomplish this ? Do i need a seperate product ? I also have license for Db2 v8 connect that I use for connecting to db2 on the mainframe. TIA Roger Roger wrote: > My application connects to a DB2 V8.2 EE database running on AIX. I > need to now lookup a table in SQL SERVER via the DB2 connection. I > also need to run an sql that joins a DB2 table with...

optimistic locking (was Re: Does DB2 8.2 client support DB2 9.5 Server)
>>> On 2/27/2008 at 7:13 AM, in message <62l9g5F20aksuU1@mid.individual.net>, Serge Rielau<srielau@ca.ibm.com> wrote: > You can use all the DB2 9.5 features that do not require the client. > Ie. you can use e.g. the RID_BIT() function and ROW_CHANGE_TOKEN, but > you cannot exploit the JDBC client integrated optimistic locking that > hides all the SQL from you. I had not heard of optimistic locking before. This appears to be a possibly wonder new feature with DB2 9.5. Thanks for bringing it up! Here's a helpful page that talks about this new feature: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0801schuetz/ Frank ...

Difference between DB2 9 client and DB2 9 runtime client
There are two packages for download (Linux): DB2 9 client (240 MB) DB2 runtime client (105 MB) What's the difference? Regards, Burkhard -- A: Weil es die Lesbarkeit des Textes verschlechtert. F: Warum ist TOFU so schlimm? A: TOFU F: Was ist das gr��te �rgernis im Usenet? Well I'm no expert but I believe that the Client would have some tools for accessing a remote database for doing things like create table/db/store procs and so on. Where the runtime is used when you want to use another applications to connect to db2 for example a custom application/microsoft exc...

db2 Shared CGTT(Global Temp Table) Data ploblem?
Hi I have a question about Shared CGTT(Global Temp Table). In one session you can share data Can I share data(In the SESSION.TMP_PROTESTTAB) with 2SP in one session? For example,I have 2SP(Stored Procedure) The SP code is the following: 1) SP1 CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE dbo."TMP_TESTTB1" ( V_CompanySeq INTEGER, V_TableName VARCHAR(100) ) SPECIFIC dbo."TMP_TESTTB1" LANGUAGE SQL BEGIN DECLARE b int DEFAULT 7; DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE SESSION.TMP_PROTESTTAB ( IDX_NO INT , TableSeq INT ) WITH REPLACE ON COMMIT PRESERVE ROWS NOT LOGGED; INSERT INTO SESSION.TMP_PROTESTTAB (IDX_NO, TableSeq) values (b, b); CALL dbo."TMP_TESTTB2"(1, 2); END; 2) SP2 CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE dbo."TMP_TESTTB2" ( CompanySeq INTEGER, TableName VARCHAR(100) ) SPECIFIC dbo."TMP_TESTTB2" LANGUAGE SQL BEGIN DECLARE a INT DEFAULT 5; DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE SESSION.TMP_PROTESTTAB ( IDX_NO INT , TableSeq INT ) WITH REPLACE ON COMMIT PRESERVE ROWS NOT LOGGED; BEGIN DECLARE S_Temp_Cursor0 CURSOR WITH HOLD WITH RETURN TO CLIENT FOR SELECT * FROM SESSION."TMP_PROTESTTAB"; Open S_Temp_Cursor0; END; END --->I want to get the following result!! db2 "call dbo.TMP_TESTTB1(1,1)" Result Set 1 -------------- IDX_NO TABLESEQ ----------- ----------- 1 1 1 Recor...

DB2 9 FP3
How can I be sure that DB2_LINUXAIO is working properly in DB 9 FP3? The parameter db2_linuxaio was depreciated from the base version to FP3 and my performance tests have shown a decrease in performance between the versions. DB2 9 FP3 on windows compared to windows seems to be about 40% faster in my first test. I have a few more to run... DB's are configured that same in Windows and Linux. My tests connect via jdbc and use the Db2 Universal jdbc driver. I have two theories, either the AIO isn't working correctly in Linux FP3 or the jdbc driver doesn't perform as well against a Linux engine compared to a windows engine. Anybody have any information on either of these? Thanks, JD ...

Next DB2 Tech Talk September 27th Compression Comparison DB2 vs. Oracle Database and The Rest
Join Chris Eaton and host Serge Rielau for a discussion of DB2 Compression = capabilities. He will compare DB2 10 for Linux, UNIX and Windows to Oracle= Database and other industry databases, explaining the features and advanta= ges that help to maximize valuable storage resources. September 27th, 12:3= 0 PM ET. Register: bit.ly/tt2012latesep There is also an entire series of these Tech Talks at www.idug-db2.com. M= any available in replay for you to listen at your convenience. Find out ab= out the new features of DB2 10 for LUW, including Temporal Data Management,= supporting tools, new Compression features, warehousing and more. www.idug= -db2.com ...

Migrating a Windows DB2 8.1 to DB2 8.1 database system on AIX 5.3
Do someone know how to migrate/copy a Windows DB2 8.1 data base to DB2 8.1 database system on AIX 5.3. Found some migrate doc on the web but these handle mirgrations across db systems. Thx in adwance!!! Ric wrote: > Do someone know how to migrate/copy a Windows DB2 8.1 data base to DB2 > 8.1 database system on AIX 5.3. Found some migrate doc on the web but > these handle mirgrations across db systems. > > Thx in adwance!!! Use db2look to extract the DDL, and then make changes to run on Windows (TS container file names and paths will need a change). Then use ...

DB2 9.5 SQL Procedure Developer exam 735 prep, Part 2: DB2 SQL Procedures
Hi folks, I am interesting in this DB2 9.5 prep for new certification exam, but I get this from DeveloperWorks: The link which brought you here is invalid. Please reload the previous page and try again. message code: 57e Can this be fixed ? Regards, JM I can now sign in ... and get : "Error 404: SRVE0190E: File not found: /web/reg/www.ibm.com/developerworks" "Jean-Marc Blaise" <jmblaise@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:48ee5e93$0$22717$426a74cc@news.free.fr... > Hi folks, > > I am interesting in this DB2 9.5 prep for new certification exam, but I > get this from DeveloperWorks: > The link which brought you here is invalid. Please reload the previous > page and try again. > > message code: 57e > > Can this be fixed ? > > Regards, > > > > JM > > > > Still Error 404: SRVE0190E: File not found: /web/reg/www.ibm.com/developerworks ... More than 24 hours without a file that DeveloperWorks mail refers to !!! I think the webmaster should be fired :-) "Jean-Marc Blaise" <jmblaise@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:48ee5e93$0$22717$426a74cc@news.free.fr... > Hi folks, > > I am interesting in this DB2 9.5 prep for new certification exam, but I > get this from DeveloperWorks: > The link which brought you here is invalid. Please reload the previous > page and try again. &...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver when connecting to a DB2 database using driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource
Hi, I want to get connection to a DB2 database using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource. I have also included 'db2java.zip' in the classpath. However I am getting the exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at Conn.main(Conn.java:44) The code that I am using (with try/catch removed) is as follows: String url = "jdbc:db2:sample"; String driver = "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource"; String dbuser = "db2u...

Web resources about - Arrays vs Declared Global Temp Tables for Stored Procs in DB2 9.5 - comp.databases.ibm-db2

Declared monuments of Hong Kong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Declared monuments of Hong Kong are places, structures or buildings legally declared to be "protected". In Hong Kong , declaring a monument requires ...

Ansar al Sharia Tunisia (AST) spokesman Seifeddine Rais declared support to Baghdadi ISIS 2013 - YouTube ...
If you are interested in seeing more informational content related to terrorism and political violence in Tunisia, please consider signing up ...

Romney to weather hurricane as Lousiana declared state of emergency
Republican political convention forgotten as Tropical Storm Isaac becomes a hurricane and bears down on Louisiana.

Taxing time for tech giants as war is declared
When governments started comparing fortunes of tech giants, it was a matter of time before the knives came out.

Colorado floods are declared as a 'federal disaster': video
Up to four people confirmed dead and mass evacuations predicted after of a forecasted surge in the Colorado floods.

Newly declared species was world's largest flying bird
When South Carolina construction workers came across a giant winged fossil at the Charleston airport in 1983, they had to use a backhoe to pull ...

State of emergency declared in Burma after sectarian violence turns deadly
BURMA'S president has declared a state of emergency in a western state where sectarian tensions between Buddhists and Muslims have unleashed ...

President Yahya Jammeh has declared The Gambia “an Islamic state”
PRESIDENT Yahya Jammeh has declared the Gambia “an Islamic state”, but stressed that the rights of the Christian minority in the small west African ...

Two US nurses are declared cured of Ebola
Two American nurses have been declared cured of the Ebola virus, with one healthy enough to leave hospital.

Nathan Tinkler has officially been declared bankrupt
Nathan Tinkler has apologised to creditors and his family after his quick descent from billionaire to bankrupt.