AS400 to AS400 connection

Hi All

I am creating a database trigger to write details real time from tables
on one AS400 to another over our WAN. Is there such a concept as ODBC
connections on the AS400 to
perform this task and if so can anyone explain how I would configure
such a connection.

There will be a process on the receiving AS400 waiting to process the
data as soon as
it is received.

All provious data transfer between AS400's in our organisation have
been using SAVF
and FTP but this is a differnet issue.

Thanks in advance for any help offered

Iain

0
Iain

Iain racontait dans comp.databases.ibm-db2:

> Hi All

Hello

> I am creating a database trigger to write details real time from
> tables on one AS400 to another over our WAN. Is there such a
> concept as ODBC connections on the AS400 to
> perform this task and if so can anyone explain how I would
> configure such a connection.

You can configure a remote data base (using WRKRDBDIRE), and use it
through SQL interface :

CONNECT TO blablabla
INSERT INTO blobloblo

--