Connect not possible

Hello,

I have a Client (DB2 V7.2 Fix 11 Server Fix 11) both on Windows 2000.
After the installation of new software the user (normal user) can no more
connect to db2.

In the db2 log there are following error codes:
2004-04-27-13.50.13.082000   Instance:DB2   Node:000
PID:1480(CRM.exe)   TID:812   Appid:
common_communication  sqlcctcpconnr   Probe:42
DIA3207E Der TCP/IP-Aufruf "gethostbyname" gab h_errno="11001" zur�ck.

If I reinstall DB2 everything works ok, until the NEXT Installation.

What can this be?

Gr��e,
Frank

0
Frank

11001 is "authoritive: host not found", meaning the DNS lookup for the host
name (whatever that is) failed. Presumably you have misconfigured your host
name in your DB2 installation, or in your DNS, or in your catalog database
command. Alternatively you might have configured the wrong DNS server in the
TCP/IP settings, or in your DHCP server. Under V7, LDAP cataloguing is also
a bit wonky, so if you're using that, you'll want to check it carefully. If
you're using German diacriticals in host names, this may also be the cause
of problems - they should be avoided.

"Frank Hauptlorenz" <fhauptlorenz@storchenmuehle.de> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a Client (DB2 V7.2 Fix 11 Server Fix 11) both on Windows 2000.
> After the installation of new software the user (normal user) can no more
> connect to db2.
>
> In the db2 log there are following error codes:
> 2004-04-27-13.50.13.082000   Instance:DB2   Node:000
> PID:1480(CRM.exe)   TID:812   Appid:
> common_communication  sqlcctcpconnr   Probe:42
> DIA3207E Der TCP/IP-Aufruf "gethostbyname" gab h_errno="11001" zur�ck.
>
> If I reinstall DB2 everything works ok, until the NEXT Installation.
>
> What can this be?
>
> Gr��e,
> Frank

0
Mark
4/28/2004 5:51:58 AM
No, there is everything okay. I can ping from the failing client to the
server and I can also
nslookup (DNS is working). I have 50 Clients and no one has this fault. I
realized that
not the reinstall of the db2 client solves the problem but waiting. After
10-30 minutes
everything works again...

What is this?

Cheers,
Frank

"Mark Yudkin" <myudkinATcompuserveDOTcom@nospam.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> 11001 is "authoritive: host not found", meaning the DNS lookup for the
host
> name (whatever that is) failed. Presumably you have misconfigured your
host
> name in your DB2 installation, or in your DNS, or in your catalog database
> command. Alternatively you might have configured the wrong DNS server in
the
> TCP/IP settings, or in your DHCP server. Under V7, LDAP cataloguing is
also
> a bit wonky, so if you're using that, you'll want to check it carefully.
If
> you're using German diacriticals in host names, this may also be the cause
> of problems - they should be avoided.
>
> "Frank Hauptlorenz" <fhauptlorenz@storchenmuehle.de> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a Client (DB2 V7.2 Fix 11 Server Fix 11) both on Windows 2000.
> > After the installation of new software the user (normal user) can no
more
> > connect to db2.
> >
> > In the db2 log there are following error codes:
> > 2004-04-27-13.50.13.082000   Instance:DB2   Node:000
> > PID:1480(CRM.exe)   TID:812   Appid:
> > common_communication  sqlcctcpconnr   Probe:42
> > DIA3207E Der TCP/IP-Aufruf "gethostbyname" gab h_errno="11001" zur�ck.
> >
> > If I reinstall DB2 everything works ok, until the NEXT Installation.
> >
> > What can this be?
> >
> > Gr��e,
> > Frank

0
Frank
4/28/2004 6:26:30 AM
Just to clarify:

You reinstalled the DB2 client and rebooted the client system. You now have
to wait 10 - 30 minutes after each new boot before you can connect to your
DB2 server. Is this your scenario?

I'd very much like to see your local directories. Please post the results
of:
LIST NODE DIRECTORY
LIST DATABASE DIRECTORY

I also wonder if you have an LDAP issue.

> No, there is everything okay. I can ping from the failing client to the
> server and I can also
> nslookup (DNS is working). I have 50 Clients and no one has this fault. I
> realized that
> not the reinstall of the db2 client solves the problem but waiting. After
> 10-30 minutes
> everything works again...
>
> What is this?
>
> Cheers,
> Frank
>

> "Mark Yudkin" <myudkinATcompuserveDOTcom@nospam.org> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
> > 11001 is "authoritive: host not found", meaning the DNS lookup for the
> host
> > name (whatever that is) failed. Presumably you have misconfigured your
> host
> > name in your DB2 installation, or in your DNS, or in your catalog
database
> > command. Alternatively you might have configured the wrong DNS server in
> the
> > TCP/IP settings, or in your DHCP server. Under V7, LDAP cataloguing is
> also
> > a bit wonky, so if you're using that, you'll want to check it carefully.
> If
> > you're using German diacriticals in host names, this may also be the
cause
> > of problems - they should be avoided.
> >
> > "Frank Hauptlorenz" <fhauptlorenz@storchenmuehle.de> wrote in message
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have a Client (DB2 V7.2 Fix 11 Server Fix 11) both on Windows 2000.
> > > After the installation of new software the user (normal user) can no
> more
> > > connect to db2.
> > >
> > > In the db2 log there are following error codes:
> > > 2004-04-27-13.50.13.082000   Instance:DB2   Node:000
> > > PID:1480(CRM.exe)   TID:812   Appid:
> > > common_communication  sqlcctcpconnr   Probe:42
> > > DIA3207E Der TCP/IP-Aufruf "gethostbyname" gab h_errno="11001" zur�ck.
> > >
> > > If I reinstall DB2 everything works ok, until the NEXT Installation.
> > >
> > > What can this be?
> > >
> > > Gr��e,
> > > Frank

0
Mark
4/30/2004 6:04:35 AM
Until, now the effect has not happen again. I disabled the NIC to deactivate
("power save").
Perhaps it was that?

I post again your wanted information if it happens again...

Why should it be an LDAP issue? The database is not integrated in the active
directory...

Viele Gr��e,

> Just to clarify:
>
> You reinstalled the DB2 client and rebooted the client system. You now
have
> to wait 10 - 30 minutes after each new boot before you can connect to your
> DB2 server. Is this your scenario?
>
> I'd very much like to see your local directories. Please post the results
> of:
> LIST NODE DIRECTORY
> LIST DATABASE DIRECTORY
>
> I also wonder if you have an LDAP issue.
>
> "Frank Hauptlorenz" <fhauptlorenz@storchenmuehle.de> wrote in message
> > No, there is everything okay. I can ping from the failing client to the
> > server and I can also
> > nslookup (DNS is working). I have 50 Clients and no one has this fault.
> > realized that
> > not the reinstall of the db2 client solves the problem but waiting.
After
> > 10-30 minutes
> > everything works again...
> >
> > What is this?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Frank
> >

> > "Mark Yudkin" <myudkinATcompuserveDOTcom@nospam.org> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag
> > > 11001 is "authoritive: host not found", meaning the DNS lookup for the
> > host
> > > name (whatever that is) failed. Presumably you have misconfigured your
> > host
> > > name in your DB2 installation, or in your DNS, or in your catalog
> database
> > > command. Alternatively you might have configured the wrong DNS server
in
> > the
> > > TCP/IP settings, or in your DHCP server. Under V7, LDAP cataloguing is
> > also
> > > a bit wonky, so if you're using that, you'll want to check it
carefully.
> > If
> > > you're using German diacriticals in host names, this may also be the
> cause
> > > of problems - they should be avoided.
> > >
> > > "Frank Hauptlorenz" <fhauptlorenz@storchenmuehle.de> wrote in message

> > more

0
Frank
5/4/2004 11:47:06 AM
Yes, that's it. If your NIC is disabled, you can't connect through it.

I asked about LDAP as you never said you weren't using LDAP database
cataloguing, and it was therefore reasonable to assume that you were, as it
reduces management effort.

> Until, now the effect has not happen again. I disabled the NIC to
deactivate
> ("power save").
> Perhaps it was that?
>
> I post again your wanted information if it happens again...
>
> Why should it be an LDAP issue? The database is not integrated in the
active
> directory...
>
> Viele Gr��e,
> Frank
>

> "Mark Yudkin" <myudkinATcompuserveDOTcom@nospam.org> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
> > Just to clarify:
> >
> > You reinstalled the DB2 client and rebooted the client system. You now
> have
> > to wait 10 - 30 minutes after each new boot before you can connect to
your
> > DB2 server. Is this your scenario?
> >
> > I'd very much like to see your local directories. Please post the
results
> > of:
> > LIST NODE DIRECTORY
> > LIST DATABASE DIRECTORY
> >
> > I also wonder if you have an LDAP issue.
> >
> > "Frank Hauptlorenz" <fhauptlorenz@storchenmuehle.de> wrote in message
> > > No, there is everything okay. I can ping from the failing client to
the
> > > server and I can also
> > > nslookup (DNS is working). I have 50 Clients and no one has this
fault.
> > > realized that
> > > not the reinstall of the db2 client solves the problem but waiting.
> After
> > > 10-30 minutes
> > > everything works again...
> > >
> > > What is this?