Connect to IBM DB2 database without installing the DB2 client.

Hi,

To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a  remote machine. Do we requier DB2
client.
Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single
file (db2cli.dll).
I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on
Linux machine.

Regards,
Santosh

0
SB

SB wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a  remote machine. Do we requier DB2
> client.
> Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single
> file (db2cli.dll).
> I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on
> Linux machine.

It's imposiblle. The IBM DB2 ODBC Driver is not only db2cli.dll. Try to
install DB2 Run Time Client Lite merge modules with your VB application
under client workstation.
Direct connecting to DB2 databases supported JDBC Type 4 Driver only.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english :(

With best regards, Dmitry.

0
mitek
5/12/2006 11:10:02 AM
FYI: On Windows DB2 comes with db2iprune tool.

With this utility you can reduce size of installation binaries, for
example you can reduce your DB2 runtime client to include only the
interfaces you need. The db2iprune tool is located in the
\db2\windows\utilities\db2iprune directory on DB2 product installation
image.

So, if you are planning install DB2 client with/within your application
you can combine the tool with  the response file and perform quick
batch installation.

-- Artur Wronski

0
Artur

connection remote to DB2 database with the C/C++, with prohibition of installation DB2 client software.
I have write connection to remote database (DB2) with the aid C/C++, but i can not install DB2 client software (everything that will be wanted for connection i must place in application, possibly - i can add some libraries DLL in folder with application. Do there be possible ? Some simplest idea ?? Any source code ?? I will be very beholden for any/every assistance thank / salute ........ and i apologize for my english ann ebneci@tlen.pl wrote: > I have write connection to remote database (DB2) with the aid C/C++, > but i can not install DB2 client software (e...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver when connecting to a DB2 database using driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource
Hi, I want to get connection to a DB2 database using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource. I have also included 'db2java.zip' in the classpath. However I am getting the exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at Conn.main(Conn.java:44) The code that I am using (with try/catch removed) is as follows: String url = "jdbc:db2:sample"; String driver = "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource"; String dbuser = "db2u...

connection to db2 database through db2 client on windows slows down intermittently
we are facing a problem here.We have two different IDs from which we connect to db2 database through Db2 client on windows. When I try connecting to database through one ID it establishes connectivity in 2-3 sec and when i try accessing connecting to same database through second ID it takes 5-6 minutes sometimes,although sometimes it hapens in seconds. When my colleagues try to access database through the second ID i tried with they get connected ie have connectivity in seconds. coonections are open to database . what might be the problem!any clue? we restart the database and then...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Pe...

[...]

RE: connection to db2 database through db2 client on windows slows downintermittently
Sounds like a DNS problem. Scott MacKenzie - Dine' College ISD Phone/Voice Mail:=A0 928-724-6639 Email: scottm at dinecollege.edu -----Original Message----- From: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org = [mailto:informix-list-bounces@iiug.org] On Behalf Of zagri_as@yahoo.com Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 9:35 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: connection to db2 database through db2 client on windows slows = downintermittently we are facing a problem here.We have two different IDs from which we connect to db2 database through Db2 client on windows. When I try connectin...

DB2 installation problem in the db2 database.
Hello all I want to install db2 universal Database Personal Edition in my Linux Fedora core 3. But the following error has occured. When i gave the following command for install -----> [root@brown pde813u1]# ./db2setup DBI1190I db2setup is preparing the DB2 Setup wizard which will guide you through the program setup process. Please wait. /opt/pde813u1/db2/linux/install/db2jinst: line 131: 6286 Segmentation fault $JAVA_PATH/$JAVA_INTERPRETER $JAVA_OPTIONS -cp $JAVA_CLASSPATH $DB2SetupRun "$@" 2>/tmp/db2setup.err.running In the ...

Re: IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit,
vvcd said: > IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 > bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite > Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express > Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM > Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other > IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 > CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM > Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for Web...

Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??
Hello, I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle database to IBM DB2 database? Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your Oracle version back-leveled? Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone used to convert to DB2. Thank you. Charles On 6 Feb, 01:52, "Charles Davis" <cdavis10...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 d...

how to use db2 connect server as a gateway to connect to mainframe db2 database
we have os/400 db2 database at the backend. i installed db2 v9 connect server on one windows server which is locating the same network with database server. now how to i configure the connect server and client, so client could access the database through the connect server? like that: db2client <--> db2 connect server <--> db2 mainframe database IBM keeps talking about this structure but never mention about the configuration in all the manuals.:( thanks for help! jeffhan wrote: > we have os/400 db2 database at the backend. > i installed db2 v9 connect...

Web resources about - Connect to IBM DB2 database without installing the DB2 client. - comp.databases.ibm-db2

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights &ndash; 13,000 of them &ndash; to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper