copying data from one database to another database

I want to copy data from our production database to the development
database. I want to move only the data. I do not need the table structure,
constrains or anything else.

I think I can use the db2move command to export out all the data like the
following:

db2move dbname export -tc schema1

When I load the data into our development database, will it recreate the
tables? My problem is that I do not want to recreate the structure. I want
to make sure that I am copying over only the data.

Is db2move the best utility to move the data between two databases without
making any structure changes to the target database?

0
Jani

"Jani Tamminen" <jtamminen@qwest.net> wrote in message news:<pGyLc.298$en6.24313@news.uswest.net>...
> I want to copy data from our production database to the development
> database. I want to move only the data. I do not need the table structure,
> constrains or anything else.
>
> I think I can use the db2move command to export out all the data like the
> following:
>
> db2move dbname export -tc schema1
>

> When I load the data into our development database, will it recreate the
> tables? My problem is that I do not want to recreate the structure. I want
> to make sure that I am copying over only the data.
>
> Is db2move the best utility to move the data between two databases without
> making any structure changes to the target database?

db2move is an excellent choice for moving data from one database to
another.  db2move 'import' will not create the tables unless you
specifically ask it to do so.  If you specify the option '-io
replace_create' then you will get new tables created.  Check the
command reference manual for more information.
0
bwmiller16