DB2 8.1 32-bit Linux migration to 8.2 64-bit on AIX

We plan on migrating our 32-bit DB2 UDB v8.1 database on Linux to
64-bit DB2 UDB v8.2 on AIX. Can anyone suggest the best way to
accomplish this. According to IBM, a backup image can't be restored
across different OS's. Is the best way to extract DDL and import data?
Hopefully someone out here has gone through this experience!!

Thanks,

Chris

0
cbcobb

Yes, db2look to extract DDL and SP, triggers, grants, etc.

Then db2move (or your own export/import) to move the data.

0
m0002a
7/6/2005 2:13:00 PM
Thanks, that worked just fine. Just wanted to make sure that was the
best option. As a follow up, I'd like to share some of the obvious
mistakes that I made when doing this so hopefully people like me who
haven't done too much of this before can learn from my mistakes.

1. Make sure you have sufficient log space. Primary and Secondary.
2. It helps to script all of your FK's and triggers and apply them
after you load data.

Running into trigger errors and running out of log space were my only
significant issues. Now I just need to adjust my sequences to match
what they were in the previous database.

- Chris

0
cbcobb