DB2 Express-C Global Temporary Table Performance on vista

After I have istalled express version of DB 9.5 on Vista.
I create a stored procedure(used global temporary table),
When i try to execute this procedure, it's very very slow,
even if there is only one row can be fetched.
But I try this on XP instead, it's ok.
Does it Needs addtional setting for global temporary table on Vista?

Thanks in advance.
0
DB2

How much RAM is on the machine? Do you think it's possible that it's
Vista that is usurping the memory?

Larry E.

DB2 wrote:
> After I have istalled express version of DB 9.5 on Vista.
> I create a stored procedure(used global temporary table),
> When i try to execute this procedure, it's very very slow,
> even if there is only one row can be fetched.
> But I try this on XP instead, it's ok.
> Does it Needs addtional setting for global temporary table on Vista?
>
> Thanks in advance.
0
Larry

connection remote to DB2 database with the C/C++, with prohibition of installation DB2 client software.
I have write connection to remote database (DB2) with the aid C/C++, but i can not install DB2 client software (everything that will be wanted for connection i must place in application, possibly - i can add some libraries DLL in folder with application. Do there be possible ? Some simplest idea ?? Any source code ?? I will be very beholden for any/every assistance thank / salute ........ and i apologize for my english ann ebneci@tlen.pl wrote: > I have write connection to remote database (DB2) with the aid C/C++, > but i can not install DB2 client software (everything that will be > wanted for connection i must place in application, possibly - i can > add some libraries DLL in folder with application. > > Do there be possible ? > > Some simplest idea ?? Any source code ?? > > I will be very beholden for any/every assistance > > thank / salute ........ and i apologize for my english > > ann What a coincidence! I just finished answering this very same question in another forum. Hope you don't mind a "second hand" answer :-)... A couple of solutions spring to mind: There's the standalone DB2 CLI / ODBC driver (separate from the clients) which is documented in the InfoCenter [1] and available from the Application Development for DB2 page [2]. It weighs in at a positively slim 14Mb (well ... slim compared to the sumo-wrestler that is the standard client, anyway...

64 Bit C++ CLI Application on Vista / XP x64, DB2 Express-C v9.5
I posted this to the DB2 Express-C forum a couple of weeks ago and didn't receive any replies, so: I am trying to link a 64bit CLI application on Vista-x64. The 64 bit version of DB2 Express-C is installed on my development workstation. The db2cli.lib files in sqllib\lib and sqllib\lib\Win32 are identical and appear to contain only 32bit members / references. The Visual Studio 2005 linker seems to silently ignore the 32bit library and throws up unresolved symbol errors. (I am having lots of fun exploring the ragged edges of Windows' 64bit support.) Are 64bit CLI applications supported / allowed on Windows? The documentation is a little unclear on this. There appear to be 2 versions of the dll file (db2cli.dll and db2cli64.dll), at least... If not supported, should I use 64bit ODBC instead? Best regards, Bruce ...

Difference between DB2 Express and DB2 Express Lite?
A couple of month ago I found somewhere in Internet a DB2 Express "Lite" version of about 400MB. What the difference to the "normal" DB2 Express-C from IBM download page? The download package from IBM contains an "fp1" like v10.5fp1_win_expc.exe For what does "fp1" stand? Do I need an additional license to use DB2 for small non-commercial usage? Ben On 02-Aug-2014 09:49 -0500, bxstover@yahoo.co.uk wrote: > <<SNIP>> > The download package from IBM contains an "fp1" like > v10.5fp1_win_expc.exe > > For what does "fp1" stand? <<SNIP>> Most likely the successive characters FP stand for FixPack, and the digit(s) following are the numerical value as a designation of which FP is included with that file; thus likely, the file includes the first FixPack for the v10.5 feature. -- Regards, Chuck On Sat, 02 Aug 2014 07:49:41 -0700, bxstover wrote: > A couple of month ago I found somewhere in Internet a DB2 Express "Lite" > version of about 400MB. > > What the difference to the "normal" DB2 Express-C from IBM download > page? > > The download package from IBM contains an "fp1" like > > v10.5fp1_win_expc.exe > > For what does "fp1" stand? > > Do I need an additional license to use DB2 for small non-commercial > usage? > > Ben That is...

Connect to IBM DB2 database without installing the DB2 client.
Hi, To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 client. Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single file (db2cli.dll). I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on Linux machine. Regards, Santosh SB wrote: > Hi, > > To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 > client. > Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single > file (db2cli.dll). > I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on > Linux machine. > It's imposiblle. The IBM DB2 ODBC Driver is not only db2cli.dll. Try to install DB2 Run Time Client Lite merge modules with your VB application under client workstation. Direct connecting to DB2 databases supported JDBC Type 4 Driver only. P.S. Sorry for my bad english :( With best regards, Dmitry. FYI: On Windows DB2 comes with db2iprune tool. With this utility you can reduce size of installation binaries, for example you can reduce your DB2 runtime client to include only the interfaces you need. The db2iprune tool is located in the \db2\windows\utilities\db2iprune directory on DB2 product installation image. So, if you are planning install DB2 client with/within your application you can combine the tool with the response file and perform quick batch installation. -- Artur Wronski ...

DB2 Express-C on Vista/Business
Hello, Looking back on it - knowing what I know now - I should have run setup.exe by right clicking and explicitly running as an Administrator. Well, here I am. I installed DB2 Express-C from an account that is a member of the Administrators group. I got a pop-up that said: One or more errors occurred while creating the DB2 Administration Server. The DB2 Administration Server may not function properly Create the DB2 Administration Server manually. If the problem persists contact your technical service representative. The successive popups displayed: 1. An error occurred while initializing the Profile Registry. The return value is =93-2079391743=94. Contact your technical service representative. 2. An error occurred while setting the registry key =93SOFTWARE\Microsoft \MSDTC\XADLL\C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN\DB2APP.DLL=94 to =93C: \Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN\DB2APP.DLL=94. 3. One or more errors occurred while committing the changes to the user =93DB2=94. Create or make any changes to this user manually. 4. An error occurred while creating the instance =93DB2=94. The return code is =93-1918=94. Create the instance manually using the command =93db2icrt=94. Now: A. Is there a registry hack to resolve item 2 (that also resolves item 1)? If there is, could someone be kind enough to step me through it? B. Should I create a DB2 users and make that user a member of DB2ADMNS and DB2USERS? C. I was able ...

Recovering Database from files [DB2 Express-C]
Hello My server has crushed, and all i could recover was database dirs/files. Can i somehow recover the database from these? It's like: db2inst1/NODE0000/... If yes, can somebody get me thru this step by step? I have CentOS installed on the server. DB2 Server is up and running. TIA. -- Best regards.. or not.. Piotr Baranowski Owiec Hardcore'u z Generacji-D Zenobius Hermenegildorf Xavierus 'Korpuskularny' Piotr 'Zenobius' Baranowski wrote: > Hello > > My server has crushed, and all i could recover was database dirs/files. > Can i somehow recover the database from these? > It's like: > db2inst1/NODE0000/... > > If yes, can somebody get me thru this step by step? > > I have CentOS installed on the server. DB2 Server is up and running. What happens when you try to connect to the database? DB2 should go through crash recovery on its own. Cheers Serge -- Serge Rielau DB2 Solutions Development IBM Toronto Lab >> Hello >> >> My server has crushed, and all i could recover was database dirs/files. >> Can i somehow recover the database from these? >> It's like: >> db2inst1/NODE0000/... >> >> If yes, can somebody get me thru this step by step? >> >> I have CentOS installed on the server. DB2 Server is up and running. > What happens when you try to connect to the database? > DB2 should go through ...

Adding DB2 Connect license file to DB2 Express-C 9.7
Can i add the DB2 Connect Personal Edition V9.7 license file (from a commercially licensed copy) to a directory in my DB2 Express-C V9.7 installation to obtain connection to z/OS without actually installing DB2 Connect Personal Edition? I believe the license is a jar file. On Feb 9, 10:11=A0pm, "Mark A" <no...@nowhere.com> wrote: > Can i add the DB2 Connect Personal Edition V9.7 license file (from a > commercially licensed copy) to a directory in my DB2 Express-C V9.7 > installation to obtain connection to z/OS without actually installing DB2 > Conn...

query sql server/oracle table from Db2 or join db2 table with sqlserver table
My application connects to a DB2 V8.2 EE database running on AIX. I need to now lookup a table in SQL SERVER via the DB2 connection. I also need to run an sql that joins a DB2 table with an Oracle table. How can I accomplish this ? Do i need a seperate product ? I also have license for Db2 v8 connect that I use for connecting to db2 on the mainframe. TIA Roger ...

Problem installing DB2 Express-C (create database)
Hi, I have problems creating a database in DB2 Express-C after an initial installation on my Windows XP SP3 box. When I try to create the database from the control center I get the error message: SQL1052N Der Datenbankpfad "C:\Daten\db\db2" ist nicht vorhanden. (Database path does not exist) Needless to say that the path *does* exist (I selected it using the File open dialog) Changing DB2_CREATE_DB_ON_PATH=YES did not make any difference. I verified that the DB2admin (OS) user has full control over that directory. What I did: In DB2CC I right clicked on...

query sql server/oracle table from Db2 or join db2 table with sqlserver table #2
My application connects to a DB2 V8.2 EE database running on AIX. I need to now lookup a table in SQL SERVER via the DB2 connection. I also need to run an sql that joins a DB2 table with an Oracle table. How can I accomplish this ? Do i need a seperate product ? I also have license for Db2 v8 connect that I use for connecting to db2 on the mainframe. TIA Roger Roger wrote: > My application connects to a DB2 V8.2 EE database running on AIX. I > need to now lookup a table in SQL SERVER via the DB2 connection. I > also need to run an sql that joins a DB2 table with an Oracle table. > How can I accomplish this ? Do i need a seperate product ? > I also have license for Db2 v8 connect that I use for connecting to > db2 on the mainframe. You need to look at Websphere Information Integrator along with the relational wrappers for MS SQL server and Oracle. Ian, its a canned CRM application that currently connects to DB2. I cannot run the app on Websphere. A few years could use relational connect and create federated nickname on db2. Can I still do that ? TIA On Apr 27, 6:01 pm, Ian <ianb...@mobileaudio.com> wrote: > Roger wrote: > > My application connects to a DB2 V8.2 EE database running on AIX. I > > need to now lookup a table in SQL SERVER via the DB2 connection. I > > also need to run an sql that joins a DB2 table with an Oracle table. > > How can I accomplish this ? Do i n...

Compatibility of DB2 Express C V9.0 backup to be restored on DB2 ExpressEdition 8.2
Hi All, Is there any way to restore the backup of DB2 Express C 9.0 edition on a DB2 Server that have DB2 Express edition Version 8.2. Or atleast any workaround method??? Any suggestion is highly appreciated. Thankq, Dutt.... "Dutt" <Mr.Dutt@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1189751637.519098.96880@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > Is there any way to restore the backup of DB2 Express C 9.0 edition > on a DB2 Server that have > DB2 Express edition Version 8.2. > Or atleast any workaround method??? > > Any suggestion is highly appreciated. > > Thankq, > Dutt.... Workaround is db2look for schema definition, and then db2move for data. On Sep 14, 12:16 pm, "Mark A" <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote: > "Dutt" <Mr.D...@gmail.com> wrote in message > > news:1189751637.519098.96880@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... > > > Hi All, > > > Is there any way to restore the backup of DB2 Express C 9.0 edition > > on a DB2 Server that have > > DB2 Express edition Version 8.2. > > Or atleast any workaround method??? > > > Any suggestion is highly appreciated. > > > Thankq, > > Dutt.... > > Workaround is db2look for schema definition, and then db2move for data. Thanq Mark......... Now I have some other question. Our application installs DB2 Express Edition C V9.0 and then res...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver when connecting to a DB2 database using driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource
Hi, I want to get connection to a DB2 database using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource. I have also included 'db2java.zip' in the classpath. However I am getting the exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at Conn.main(Conn.java:44) The code that I am using (with try/catch removed) is as follows: String url = "jdbc:db2:sample"; String driver = "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource"; String dbuser = "db2u...

load SAS table into DB2 temporary table
Hello, I have a problem with the load DB2. I'm working on MVS system under Z/OS and with DB2. I have to create a DB2 temporary table from a SAS table. I've tried 2 solution, the first work good but it's slow to store the records The second should be very faster but it doesn't work. The 2 solutions : 1. put all the record read from the SAS table into macro-variable then create the DB2 temporary table then do a loop to insert all macro-variable in the DB2 table then do a SQL request to try if the table is loaded ==> this work very good 2. create a SAS t...

SN#21227 IBM DB2 9.5 Express-C for Solaris/X86
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 131 Issue 4 2009-01-30 Article 21227 from section "Solaris" No-charge Community Edition of the DB2 Data Server IBM has released DB2 Express-C that is capable of running on Solaris/OpenSolaris. DB2 is one of IBM�s families of relational database management system (RDBMS) software products. The Express-C version of the DB2 data server is a thinned down version that is free for the community to develop, deploy, and distribute. It can be set up quickly, is easy-to-use, and includes self-managing capabilities. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=21227 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via email each week in text or HTML. Only the sections that you select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe Free 4-week trial is available. (c) 2008 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com ...

oct 24 DB2 for LUW Tech Talk: What's Hot from IOD for PureData Systems, IBM Mobile Database and DB2 for LUW
Now we can tell you more! IBM announced PureData Systems on October 9th --= a series of expert integrated solutions for your transactional and analyti= c workloads.=20 In the next DB2 Tech Talk, we'll come to you from Las Vegas with hot news f= rom the conference from a DB2 for LUW, PureData Systems perspective! We'll= also cover a new free software download called IBM Mobile Database, which = helps you enable your DB2 data apps for Android mobile users. And then we = will bring you the best of the presentations from the conference, including= an IBM Champion and other interesting perspectives on DB2. =20 Register: bit.ly/tt2012oct ...

DB2 installation problem in the db2 database.
Hello all I want to install db2 universal Database Personal Edition in my Linux Fedora core 3. But the following error has occured. When i gave the following command for install -----> [root@brown pde813u1]# ./db2setup DBI1190I db2setup is preparing the DB2 Setup wizard which will guide you through the program setup process. Please wait. /opt/pde813u1/db2/linux/install/db2jinst: line 131: 6286 Segmentation fault $JAVA_PATH/$JAVA_INTERPRETER $JAVA_OPTIONS -cp $JAVA_CLASSPATH $DB2SetupRun "$@" 2>/tmp/db2setup.err.running In the ...

How to find the next sequence of the db2 generated field in the syscat catalog table on db2 mainframe and db2 udb
Hi, We have some tables with db2 generated field. How can I find the next generated sequence fot those fields. Thanks, I need to find those information on db2 mainframe and also db2 udb. zgh1970 wrote: > Hi, > We have some tables with db2 generated field. > How can I find the next generated sequence fot those fields. > Thanks, zgh1970 wrote: > Hi, > We have some tables with db2 generated field. > How can I find the next generated sequence fot those fields. > Thanks, > You won't be able to peek the next value. There are semantic reasons as well as practical. First of all there is no locking for sequence values. That is if you check the next value the information you would obtain would be outdated right away. Anyone could steal that value. Secondly depending on the implementation there may be more than one cache. That is depending on where the sequence generating code executes you could see different values. (Think sysplex or DB2 for LUW with DPF). Having that said DB2 for LUW stored the high watermark in the catalog is SYSIBM.SYSSEQUENCES. Chances are DB2 zOS does the same. The high watermark is used by DB2 to issue the next set of cache values. Cheers Serge -- Serge Rielau DB2 Solutions Development IBM Toronto Lab Hi, Serge, thank you for the information. But peeking the next valus is also useful in the data ware house. I am sure no any change to those tables with db2 generated fields. Somet...

Re: load SAS table into DB2 temporary table
Pascal: Enclose SQL create and delete queries in a SQL EXECUTE() function and pass them through to DB2. Once you have the table created, you can insert rows of data (using BULKLOAD to speed up inserting large numbers of rows). Ask your DB2 DBA about the correct syntax for DB2 temporary table name. Sig -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of tonts Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 2:31 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: load SAS table into DB2 temporary table Lois, Thanks for your answer. But the problem is a little bit different ...

Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??
Hello, I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle database to IBM DB2 database? Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your Oracle version back-leveled? Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone used to convert to DB2. Thank you. Charles On 6 Feb, 01:52, "Charles Davis" <cdavis10...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 d...

C++ on DB2 express
Hi, I am trying to find some bug on c++ application which is connectiing to db2 express edition on linux. The application is using native CLI to connect to the database. When I use the db2trc to trace the application and it produces lot of unnecessary messages and it is hard to read. In few minutes it produces megs of data. Is there any way I can produce only the usefull messages? If I want to apply fix pack on Db2 express edition then which fixpack do I have to apply? It doesn't have any fixpack for DB2 express edition but there are 6 fix packs for DB2 8.1. ( I think Db2...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

[...]

Web resources about - DB2 Express-C Global Temporary Table Performance on vista - comp.databases.ibm-db2

Quade Cooper puts in mixed debut performance for Australia at Las Vegas Sevens
Wallabies superstar Quade Cooper has made his debut for the Australian sevens team, putting in a mixed performance as his team hammered Scotland ...

Quade Cooper puts in mixed debut performance for Australia at Las Vegas Sevens
Wallabies superstar Quade Cooper has made his debut for the Australian sevens team, putting in a mixed performance as his team hammered Scotland ...

Quade Cooper puts in mixed debut performance for Australia at Las Vegas Sevens
Wallabies superstar Quade Cooper has made his debut for the Australian sevens team, putting in a mixed performance as his team hammered Scotland ...

Elton John & Lady Gaga's Surprise Performance; Best Of 2016's Essence Black Women In Hollywood
Elton John and Lady Gaga perform a surprise concert in West Hollywood. Plus, Oprah Winfrey and many others attend the annual Essence Black Women ...

Staples, Inc. Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2015 Performance
Staples, Inc. Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2015 Performance

PV CYCLE Achieves New Record For Silicon-Based PV Module Recycling — 96% Recycling Rate In Real-World ...
... photovoltaic technologies, PV CYCLE, has achieved a new record for silicon-based PV module recycling — a 96% recycling rate in real-world performance ...

Fox earns fans with its own debate performances
NEW YORK (AP) — Fox News Channel has emerged a winner of this raucous and impactful debate season with its sharp, detailed questioning of the ...

How Katy Perry Inspired Adele For Her Dazzling BRIT Awards Performance
She has Katy Perry to thank for helping to make her performance shine!

Jennifer Lopez on Kelly Clarkson's performance of Piece by Piece on American Idol - EW.com
Kelly Clarkson’s emotional performance of “Piece By Piece” on American Idol had a powerful impact on listeners. In her appearance on Late Night... ...