f



DB2 installation problem in the db2 database.

Hello all
         I want to install db2 universal Database Personal Edition in
my Linux Fedora core 3. But the following error has occured.

When i gave the following command for install ----->

[root@brown pde813u1]# ./db2setup
DBI1190I db2setup is preparing the DB2 Setup wizard which will
          guide you through the program setup process. Please
          wait.


/opt/pde813u1/db2/linux/install/db2jinst: line 131:  6286 Segmentation
fault  $JAVA_PATH/$JAVA_INTERPRETER $JAVA_OPTIONS -cp $JAVA_CLASSPATH
$DB2SetupRun "$@" 2>/tmp/db2setup.err.running

In the tmp/db2setup.err file -->

stackpointer=0x9ebaa8
JVMXM004: JVM is performing abort shutdown sequence
JVMDG217: Dump Handler is Processing a Signal - Please Wait.
JVMDG303: JVM Requesting Java core file
JVMDG304: Java core file written to
/opt/pde813u1/db2/linux/install/javacore6062.1130833272.txt
JVMDG215: Dump Handler has Processed Exception Signal 11.

I already download the IBMjava1.4, i installed it and set the class
path.

0
Maroon
11/1/2005 8:54:52 AM
comp.databases.ibm-db2 12448 articles. 3 followers. arunrocks (9) is leader. Post Follow

4 Replies
1257 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 17

Maroon wrote:

> Hello all
>          I want to install db2 universal Database Personal Edition in
> my Linux Fedora core 3. But the following error has occured.

That distribution is not officially supported.  The recommendation is to
move to a distribution that is officially supported.

> When i gave the following command for install ----->
> 
> [root@brown pde813u1]# ./db2setup
> DBI1190I db2setup is preparing the DB2 Setup wizard which will
>           guide you through the program setup process. Please
>           wait.
> 
> 
> /opt/pde813u1/db2/linux/install/db2jinst: line 131:  6286 Segmentation
> fault  $JAVA_PATH/$JAVA_INTERPRETER $JAVA_OPTIONS -cp $JAVA_CLASSPATH
> $DB2SetupRun "$@" 2>/tmp/db2setup.err.running
> 
> In the tmp/db2setup.err file -->
> 
> stackpointer=0x9ebaa8
> JVMXM004: JVM is performing abort shutdown sequence
> JVMDG217: Dump Handler is Processing a Signal - Please Wait.
> JVMDG303: JVM Requesting Java core file
> JVMDG304: Java core file written to
> /opt/pde813u1/db2/linux/install/javacore6062.1130833272.txt
> JVMDG215: Dump Handler has Processed Exception Signal 11.
> 
> I already download the IBMjava1.4, i installed it and set the class
> path.

If you export DB2USELOCALJRE=true and JDK_HOME to point to your JDK path,
then db2setup will use your installed Java.  Otherwise it always uses the
one in the image.

0
Darin
11/1/2005 4:06:23 PM
Darin McBride wrote:
> Maroon wrote:
> 
> 
>>Hello all
>>         I want to install db2 universal Database Personal Edition in
>>my Linux Fedora core 3. But the following error has occured.
> 
> 
> That distribution is not officially supported.  The recommendation is to
> move to a distribution that is officially supported.
> 
> 
>>When i gave the following command for install ----->
>>
>>[root@brown pde813u1]# ./db2setup
>>DBI1190I db2setup is preparing the DB2 Setup wizard which will
>>          guide you through the program setup process. Please
>>          wait.
>>
>>
>>/opt/pde813u1/db2/linux/install/db2jinst: line 131:  6286 Segmentation
>>fault  $JAVA_PATH/$JAVA_INTERPRETER $JAVA_OPTIONS -cp $JAVA_CLASSPATH
>>$DB2SetupRun "$@" 2>/tmp/db2setup.err.running
>>
>>In the tmp/db2setup.err file -->
>>
>>stackpointer=0x9ebaa8
>>JVMXM004: JVM is performing abort shutdown sequence
>>JVMDG217: Dump Handler is Processing a Signal - Please Wait.
>>JVMDG303: JVM Requesting Java core file
>>JVMDG304: Java core file written to
>>/opt/pde813u1/db2/linux/install/javacore6062.1130833272.txt
>>JVMDG215: Dump Handler has Processed Exception Signal 11.
>>
>>I already download the IBMjava1.4, i installed it and set the class
>>path.
> 
> 
> If you export DB2USELOCALJRE=true and JDK_HOME to point to your JDK path,
> then db2setup will use your installed Java.  Otherwise it always uses the
> one in the image.
> 

I've installed UDB successfully on FC3 but have been unable to use the 
GUI installer unless the Java version on the CD is compatible with the 
operating system. You can use the text based installer: db2_install 
which should be in the root directory of your installation CD.

I've successfully installed using the GUI installer by copying the CD to 
my hard drive and replacing the Java with one that works with the 
operating system. I've tried the two parameters to get the installer to 
use my installed Java but when the installer executes the JRE test 
class, it always returns with rc 249. (This was verified by trapping the 
db2jinst install script.) The same Java that gives this error will 
successfully install when it's the "default" on the CD.

Phil Sherman
0
Phil
11/1/2005 9:47:33 PM
Thanks for your nice reply. How can  i replac the java path that use
the db2 database.

0
Maroon
11/2/2005 4:35:55 AM
"Maroon" <Mamuninfo@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1130906155.256243.296690@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Thanks for your nice reply. How can  i replac the java path that use
> the db2 database.
>

db2 update dbm cfg using jdk_path /opt/IBMJava2-142
db2 update admin cfg using jdk_path /opt/IBMJava2-142 


0
Mark
11/2/2005 4:53:46 AM
Reply: