DB2 on Android?

I'm just curious whether there is any way for apps running on Android to
talk to my DB2 databases in Windows, perhaps via WiFi?

In other words, are there clients that would run on Android (KitKat) and
communication methods that would enable them to talk to a Windows server
running DB2 Express-C V10.5 server?

--
Rhino
0

On 2/17/2016 9:48 PM, Rhino wrote:
> I'm just curious whether there is any way for apps running on Android to
> talk to my DB2 databases in Windows, perhaps via WiFi?
>
> In other words, are there clients that would run on Android (KitKat) and
> communication methods that would enable them to talk to a Windows server
> running DB2 Express-C V10.5 server?

Most mobile devices these days are talking JSON to a NoSQL database.
Have you considered IBM Cloudant?

--
Larry E.

Larry
2/26/2016 1:01:01 AM
On Wed, 17 Feb 2016 21:48:11 -0500, Rhino wrote:

> I'm just curious whether there is any way for apps running on Android to
> talk to my DB2 databases in Windows, perhaps via WiFi?
<JOKE>
I think that DB2 v11 will support DPF on Android cell phones. And snapshot
backups over scripted interface, of course.
</JOKE>

With all seriousness, most of today's cell phones are much, much stronger
than the desktop equipment from the early 2000's. If you compare CPU
power, memory and disk space of the SUN workstations in the early 2000's,
the ones running Solaris 2.6, you will see that Samsung Galaxy is more
than an adequate platform for Db2.
Regards

--
Mladen Gogala