DB2 Redirected Restore

Hello, all.  Was hoping someone might be able to help us out with an
issue:

We're trying to perform a restore from a backup of one AIX 5.1 server,
we'll call it "AIX", to another AIX 5.1 server; we'll call this one
"DEV".  We're using Netbackup 5.1 MP3 to do this.  For some reason when
we try to restore from AIX's backup to DEV we recieve an error from
Netbackup that states:
+ db2 restore database (instance) load
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbdb2.sl64 OPEN 4 SESSIONS BUFFER 1024
SQL2025N  An I/O error "515" occurred on media "VENDOR".

Veritas people don't seem to know what's going on with this one, nor do
IBM.  Any help would be terrific.

0
cerbdog

cerbdog@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello, all.  Was hoping someone might be able to help us out with an
> issue:
>
> We're trying to perform a restore from a backup of one AIX 5.1 server,
> we'll call it "AIX", to another AIX 5.1 server; we'll call this one
> "DEV".  We're using Netbackup 5.1 MP3 to do this.  For some reason when
> we try to restore from AIX's backup to DEV we recieve an error from
> Netbackup that states:
> + db2 restore database (instance) load
> /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbdb2.sl64 OPEN 4 SESSIONS BUFFER 1024
> SQL2025N  An I/O error "515" occurred on media "VENDOR".

The NetBackup for DB2 agent does not have the ability to restore a
backup taken from server A and restore it on server B.  We talked
to Veritas about this, and the engineers responded with, "why would
you need to do that?"  There isn't even a way to extract the backup
image from NetBackup to a filesystem.

We tried to work around this by modifying the CLIENT_NAME in bp.conf
on the "target" machine, but were unable get anything to work because
the UID for the DB2 instance owners was different on the source/target
servers.  Theoretically if you have the same UID for the instances on
both servers you might be able to fake out NetBackup.

FYI, error "515" in NetBackup means that it can't find the object to
restore.

0
Ian
3/23/2006 10:31:45 PM
Ian wrote:
> cerbdog@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hello, all.  Was hoping someone might be able to help us out with an
> > issue:
> >
> > We're trying to perform a restore from a backup of one AIX 5.1 server,
> > we'll call it "AIX", to another AIX 5.1 server; we'll call this one
> > "DEV".  We're using Netbackup 5.1 MP3 to do this.  For some reason when
> > we try to restore from AIX's backup to DEV we recieve an error from
> > Netbackup that states:
> > + db2 restore database (instance) load
> > /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbdb2.sl64 OPEN 4 SESSIONS BUFFER 1024
> > SQL2025N  An I/O error "515" occurred on media "VENDOR".
>
> The NetBackup for DB2 agent does not have the ability to restore a
> backup taken from server A and restore it on server B.  We talked
> to Veritas about this, and the engineers responded with, "why would
> you need to do that?"  There isn't even a way to extract the backup
> image from NetBackup to a filesystem.
>
> We tried to work around this by modifying the CLIENT_NAME in bp.conf
> on the "target" machine, but were unable get anything to work because
> the UID for the DB2 instance owners was different on the source/target
> servers.  Theoretically if you have the same UID for the instances on
> both servers you might be able to fake out NetBackup.
>

> FYI, error "515" in NetBackup means that it can't find the object to
> restore.

We were able to get this working, but I was not around when they did
it, so I'll have to check and see how exactly they managed it.  All I
caught in passing was that it had to do with editing the bp.conf file.
Seems strange to do something like this, but the basic reason was that
the server the data was backed up from was under repair and they needed
to access that data ASAP, so we decided just to put it on another
server.  Thanks for the response, I may post what exactly they did when
I get a bit of time and find out, so maybe someone else can refrence it
later.

0
cerbdog
My experience worth 2 cents:
For 2 servers to see each others backup / restore IS POSSIBLE.
It boils down to how competent your VERITAS guys are.

Well, I am a DB2 UDB DBA who had the good fortune to have worked with a
person with good hokd on VERITAS BACKUP config.
When we were facing similar problems, he created 2 files in directory
"/usr/openv/netbackup/db/altnames".

Specific to your scenario, these files would be named "aix.<full dns
name>" and "dev.<full dns name>".
"aix.<full dns name>" would contain a single line entry for "dev.<full
dns name>" and similarly for the other file.

I know I may not be very exact in providing the solution (BUT I AM NOT
A VERITAS PERSON :);
But - IF YOU  HAVE A GOOD VERITAS GUY, THIS IS POSSIBLE.

..........Anurag

0
Anurag

Connect to IBM DB2 database without installing the DB2 client.
Hi, To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 client. Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single file (db2cli.dll). I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on Linux machine. Regards, Santosh SB wrote: > Hi, > > To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 > client. > Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single > file (db2cli.dll). > I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on > Linux machine. > It's imposiblle. The IBM DB2 ODBC Driver is not only db2cli.dll. Try to install DB2 Run Time Client Lite merge modules with your VB application under client workstation. Direct connecting to DB2 databases supported JDBC Type 4 Driver only. P.S. Sorry for my bad english :( With best regards, Dmitry. FYI: On Windows DB2 comes with db2iprune tool. With this utility you can reduce size of installation binaries, for example you can reduce your DB2 runtime client to include only the interfaces you need. The db2iprune tool is located in the \db2\windows\utilities\db2iprune directory on DB2 product installation image. So, if you are planning install DB2 client with/within your application you can combine the tool with the response file and perform quick batch installation. -- Artur Wronski ...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver when connecting to a DB2 database using driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource
Hi, I want to get connection to a DB2 database using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource. I have also included 'db2java.zip' in the classpath. However I am getting the exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at Conn.main(Conn.java:44) The code that I am using (with try/catch removed) is as follows: String url = "jdbc:db2:sample"; String driver = "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource"; String dbuser = "db2u...

oct 24 DB2 for LUW Tech Talk: What's Hot from IOD for PureData Systems, IBM Mobile Database and DB2 for LUW
Now we can tell you more! IBM announced PureData Systems on October 9th --= a series of expert integrated solutions for your transactional and analyti= c workloads.=20 In the next DB2 Tech Talk, we'll come to you from Las Vegas with hot news f= rom the conference from a DB2 for LUW, PureData Systems perspective! We'll= also cover a new free software download called IBM Mobile Database, which = helps you enable your DB2 data apps for Android mobile users. And then we = will bring you the best of the presentations from the conference, including= an IBM Champion and other interesting perspectives on DB2. =20 Register: bit.ly/tt2012oct ...

DB2 installation problem in the db2 database.
Hello all I want to install db2 universal Database Personal Edition in my Linux Fedora core 3. But the following error has occured. When i gave the following command for install -----> [root@brown pde813u1]# ./db2setup DBI1190I db2setup is preparing the DB2 Setup wizard which will guide you through the program setup process. Please wait. /opt/pde813u1/db2/linux/install/db2jinst: line 131: 6286 Segmentation fault $JAVA_PATH/$JAVA_INTERPRETER $JAVA_OPTIONS -cp $JAVA_CLASSPATH $DB2SetupRun "$@" 2>/tmp/db2setup.err.running In the ...

Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??
Hello, I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle database to IBM DB2 database? Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your Oracle version back-leveled? Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone used to convert to DB2. Thank you. Charles On 6 Feb, 01:52, "Charles Davis" <cdavis10...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 database? > > Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? > > Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your > Oracle version back-leveled? > > Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone > used to convert to DB2. > > Thank you. > > Charles I'm no DB2 basher, however, from you post you seem to be insinuating that disk space is the driving force for this conversion. Is this the case? HTH -g Charles Davis wrote: > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 database? Check your in-box at the email address you use here. I have passed you a contact that I consider as close to non-partisan as I could think of (and more importantly, I don't know what she'll say over a beer). Cheers Serge -- Serge Rielau DB2 Solutio...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Pe...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

[...]

Re: IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit,
vvcd said: > IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 > bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite > Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express > Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM > Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other > IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 > CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM > Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere > Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 > CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other What the heck, I'm sure IBM won't have a problem with a little copyright violation... >:o) > please send e-mail, ola2@mail.gr, astra35@mailbox.gr, Do they have internet access in Greek jails, I wonder... -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche "I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass" - JCH "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo" - Marco http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html sending to informix-list ...

database migration from Windows DB2 to Linux DB2
We need to migrate a database (basically all the 300+ tables along with the data) from a Windows UDB instance to a Linux UDB instance. What is the best way of doing this ? Thanks "Murty" <adavi@comcast.net> wrote in message news:c4w7b.406960$Ho3.62540@sccrnsc03... > We need to migrate a database (basically all the 300+ tables along with the > data) from a Windows UDB instance > to a Linux UDB instance. What is the best way of doing this ? > > Thanks > Bad news is that you cannot use backup and restore of the database from Windows to Linux....

connection to db2 database through db2 client on windows slows down intermittently
we are facing a problem here.We have two different IDs from which we connect to db2 database through Db2 client on windows. When I try connecting to database through one ID it establishes connectivity in 2-3 sec and when i try accessing connecting to same database through second ID it takes 5-6 minutes sometimes,although sometimes it hapens in seconds. When my colleagues try to access database through the second ID i tried with they get connected ie have connectivity in seconds. coonections are open to database . what might be the problem!any clue? we restart the database and then connection gets established. On 2 Aug 2006 08:59:55 -0700, zagri_as@yahoo.com <zagri_as@yahoo.com> wrote: > we restart the database and then connection gets established. Since the question is about connecting to DB2, have you asked in a more appropriate forum such as comp.databases.ibm-db2? You might get a different - better - response there. -- Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h> Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com Guardian of DBD::Informix v2005.02 -- http://dbi.perl.org/ ...

How to create a federation server to db2/400 in a db2 udb AIX databases
Hi, All, We have a database on db2 udb aix. The database has federated server to db2 mainframe. Now We have already catalog database of db2/400 on the db2 UDB aix server. I tried to create new federation server for db2as/400. It seam has problem. 1. can the db2 mainframe and db/400 have the same wrapper? Our existing db2 mainframe uses the wrapper with library libdb2drda.a This wrapper is used by db2 mainframe 2. When i create a new federated server for db2/as400 with the same wrapper and try to create nicknmae under it,it showed the following error message: Error: SQL0204N "SYSIBM.SYSTABLES" is an undefined name. SQLSTATE=42704 (State:42704, Native Code: FFFFFF34) It seams I need to create a new wrapper for db2/400. What library I need to use? Thanks, On Mar 19, 2:35 pm, "zgh1970" <george.zh...@lombard.ca> wrote: > Hi, All, > We have a database on db2 udb aix. > The database has federated server to db2 mainframe. > Now We have already catalog database of db2/400 on the db2 UDB aix > server. > I tried to create new federation server for db2as/400. > It seam has problem. > 1. can the db2 mainframe and db/400 have the same wrapper? > Our existing db2 mainframe uses the wrapper with library libdb2drda.a > This wrapper is used by db2 mainframe > 2. When i create a new federated server for db2/as400 with the same > wrapper and try to create nicknmae under it,it showed the fo...

DBI:ibm_db connection for IBM DB2 database
Hello, I am attempting to make a DBI connection from Ruby code running on Win32 (XP) machine to an IBM DB2 v9.5 database running under Linux On the Win32 machine, I have Ruby 1.8.6 (installed with the one-click installer) and have successfully launched the following gem installation commands for the IBM DB drivers and required libraries: >gem install activesupport -v 1.4.2 >gem install activerecord -v 1.15.3 >gem install ibm_db -v 0.8.5 I have also (as required by the IBM documentation at http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/2361/967/IBM_DB-0.6.0.pdf) added ‘ibm_db’ to the list of connection adapters on line77 of gems\1.8\gems\activerecord-1.15.3\lib\active_record.rb : RAILS_CONNECTION_ADAPTERS = %w( mysql postgresql sqlite firebird sqlserver db2 oracle sybase openbase frontbase ibm_db ) Here is the ruby code : ------------- require 'rubygems' gem 'ibm_db' require 'dbi' # Connect to a database dbh = DBI.connect('DBI:ibm_db:host=localhost;port=50000;database=MY_DB;', 'username', 'password') # Select some data sth = dbh.prepare('select * from my_table') sth.execute # Print out selected data while row=sth.fetch do p row end --------------- Error reported is as follows : C:\dev\ruby\dbtest>dbtest.rb c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/dbi.rb:329:in `load_driver': Unable to load drive r 'ibm_db' (DBI::InterfaceError) from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/dbi.rb:227:in `_get_full_drive...

IBM DB2 Database Specialist
We are looking to fill the following permanent position with one of our reputed clients in Saudi Arabia (WESTERNERS ARE PREFFERED). Apply to: APPLICATION@GOAHEADCONSULTING.CO.UK Job Title IBM DB2 Database Specialist Location: Saudi Arabia Objective Responsible for the administration of DB2 subsystems and associated software on the client=92s mainframes Accountable to Data Centre Manager Responsibilities This SENIOR position involves the full spectrum of DB2 system programming activities, including product installation, customization, deployment, software tools integration, exploitation, and performance analysis activities. Implement, upgrade, Migrate and support DB2 and related vendor products. Monitor and tune DB2 daily performance, resolving problems as needed.DB2 Internal tuning (buffer pools, DASD (SMS), performance reports (PM, OMEGAMON, CA tools).Application tuning (database design review, SQL tuning, stored procedures, triggers V6, user defined functions V6, again reports). Implement TCP/IP access to DB2 using DRDA Compare DB2/connect with Star/SQL gateway and make recommendation. This position requires being on call 24 hours a day Provide documentation and skills transfer to existing staff. Working relationships Work closely with Applications Development and systems programmers in z/OS, DB2, Networking and Websphere groups and other members of the CICS and MQ Department Essential Skills Recent and extensive knowledge of latest DB2 Versi...

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries database access problem
When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able to acces the my database AMFLIB. I use to be able to access AMFLIB with the old ODBC driver from IBM iSeries Access but now I want to use the new managed IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries data provider from iSeries Access V5R3. When I remove Database=AMFLIB from the connection string, I can connect but as soon as I try to specify a known database (like my good old AMFLIB) I get the following error: IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2ConnectionFailedException "The connection cannot be opened because an error ocurred." I'm runn...

Backup\Restore DB2's Database Partitioning
Can someone brief me on the backup restore story for DB2's Database Partitioning ? Can I backup\restore the whole database in a single command or I have to do it node by node ? Thanks, Gil Gil Lapid wrote: > Can someone brief me on the backup restore story for DB2's Database > Partitioning ? > > Can I backup\restore the whole database in a single command or I have > to do it node by node ? > > Thanks, > > Gil I don't have RL experience with DPF, so only can offer you some pointers to the Infocenter. *) Enabling data partitioning in a database: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v8/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.doc/admin/t0004896.htm specifically the part where it says: <quote> Note: You should regularly do a backup of the catalog node and avoid putting user data on it (whenever possible), because other data increases the time required for the backup. </quote> *) BACKUP DATABASE Command: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v8/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.doc/core/r0001933.htm *) Backing up database object: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v8/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.cc.doc/db2_udb/backupsg.htm *) RECOVER DATABASE Command: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v8/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.doc/core/r0011703.htm (specifically where it says you should do this from the catalog node) As I see it, you do...

Whether ACE threads work with IBM Db2 Database
Hi All, We are starting one Project with following Skills 1) Language :- C++ with Embedded SQL Programming ( Source file format :- .sqC ) 2) Database :- IBM UDB database 3) Platform:- Solaris Sparc 5.8 Machine. 4) ACE Threads. Please let us know, can we use ACE Threads with C++ and Db2 Embedded SQL under Solaris Sparc 5.8 Machine. Thanks & Regards, Divya ...

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries database access problem
When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able to acces the my database AMFLIB. I use to be able to access AMFLIB with the old ODBC driver from IBM iSeries Access but now I want to use the new managed IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries data provider from iSeries Access V5R3. When I remove Database=AMFLIB from the connection string, I can connect but as soon as I try to specify a known database (like my good old AMFLIB) I get the following error: IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2ConnectionFailedException "The connection cannot be opened because an error ocurred." I'm running IBM iSeries Access V5R3 and my server is V5R2. When I don't specify a database, after the connection is open the database property is set to AS400REM. I don't know if this database is a real database specific to my company. ****************************************** Imports IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries Dim cn As New iDB2Connection Try TestConnection.ConnectionString = _ "DataSource=AS400;UserID=xxxx;Password=xxxx;Database=AMFLIB" TestConnection.Open() If TestConnection.State = ConnectionState.Open Then MsgBox("Database: " & TestConnection.Database) TestConnection.Close() End If Catch ex As Exception MsgBox(ex.Message) End Try ****************************************** Thanks to all Running higher version of ISERIES Access than the OS is probably not a good idea. Yanik Reid wrote: > When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able ...

Migrating a Windows DB2 8.1 to DB2 8.1 database system on AIX 5.3
Do someone know how to migrate/copy a Windows DB2 8.1 data base to DB2 8.1 database system on AIX 5.3. Found some migrate doc on the web but these handle mirgrations across db systems. Thx in adwance!!! Ric wrote: > Do someone know how to migrate/copy a Windows DB2 8.1 data base to DB2 > 8.1 database system on AIX 5.3. Found some migrate doc on the web but > these handle mirgrations across db systems. > > Thx in adwance!!! Use db2look to extract the DDL, and then make changes to run on Windows (TS container file names and paths will need a change). Then use db2move (export and then load) to move the data. You cannont use backup and restore to move from DB2 Windows to DB2 UNIX. " Use db2look to extract the DDL, and then make changes to run on Windows (TS container file names and paths will need a change)." You mean "to run on UNIX" I suppose. Thx for the info but I am a DB2 dummy and it would be great to have it steps by steps. Are this the steps you was talking about (the database I want to move has the name TEST)?: 1. On Windows: D:\> db2look -d TEST -e -o TEST_Schema.ddl -l 2. Now modifying TS container file names and paths in "TEST_Schema.ddl" and copy "TEST_Schema.ddl" to AIX. 3. On AIX using db2inst1 user: - (/home/db2inst1) $ create a TESTDB - (/home/db2inst1) $ connect to TEST - (/home/db2inst1) $ db2 -tvf /depot/TEST/Schema/TEST_Schema.ddl 4. On AIX...

DB2 on Windows to DB2 On Mainframe
Greetings, I just want to know what are the points or performance issues to consider while migrating database objects(like sp's, triggers, tables etc) from DB2 UDB on Windows to DB2 on Mainframe7.1 or any link where i can find some important information regarding the same? Help will be greatly appreciated TIA <pankaj_wolfhunter@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message news:1133349025.177165.111180@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Greetings, > I just want to know what are the points or performance > issues to consider while migrating...

DB2-DB2 migration toolkit
At work, some people have found IBM's Migration Toolkit (MTK) to be a nice tool for copying data from one table (in another DBMS product) to DB2. Now, they want to do the same thing from one DB2 database to another DB2 database. - But MTK (surprisingly) doesn't seem to support DB2-DB2 copies. These are non-regular, ad-hoc tasks, performed by users without administrative rights (and generally somewhat annoyed by command line operations). Which tool should I suggest instead of MTK? -- Regards, Troels Arvin <troels@arvin.dk> http://troels.arvin.dk/ Troels Arvin wrote: > Now, they want to do the same thing from one DB2 database to another DB2 > database. - But MTK (surprisingly) doesn't seem to support DB2-DB2 copies. > > Which tool should I suggest instead of MTK? > Use the EXPORT and LOAD (or IMPORT) utilities. On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:33:21 -0700, Ian wrote: >> Now, they want to do the same thing from one DB2 database to another >> DB2 database. - But MTK (surprisingly) doesn't seem to support DB2-DB2 >> copies. >> >> Which tool should I suggest instead of MTK? >> >> > Use the EXPORT and LOAD (or IMPORT) utilities. The nice thing about MTK is that there are no files involved: You set up two database connections, and "pump" data from one to the other. That's the kind of functionality that I'm looking for, but with DB2->...

Backup DB2 MVS OS/390 7.2 and Restore to DB2 UDB AIX 8.1.6
I just want to confirm that it is not possible to perform a backup from DB2 MVS OS/390 and then restore it to DB2 UDB AIX 8.1.6. Everything I am seeing says you can not do a cross platform restore of this type. I just want to confirm again. Thanks. Spencer sure, you can not do that thing. "Spencer" <spencer@tabbert.net> ???? news:57dd3c13.0410261310.686899ee@posting.google.com... > I just want to confirm that it is not possible to perform a backup > from DB2 MVS OS/390 and then restore it to DB2 UDB AIX 8.1.6. > Everything I am seeing says you can not...

Web resources about - DB2 Redirected Restore - comp.databases.ibm-db2

Category:Wikipedia soft redirected project pages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Agile Artisans: You'll be redirected in just a moment...
Agile Artisans: You'll be redirected in just a moment...

Logged-Out Users Cannot See Facebook Pages’ Content; Redirected To News Feed After Login
Web surfers who are not logged in to Facebook and try to access pages on the social network are landing on the news feed once they input their ...

Flickr: The Help Forum: [locked, redirected] flickr now censoring all moderate and restricted photos ...

Prank of the Day: Someone Bought Anti-Gay Group’s Expired Domain Name, Redirected It to Gay Porn
Anti-gay protesters were picketing outside the Carolina Rebellion rock festival at the Charlotte Motor Speedway earlier this month, so one of ...

Smartphones redirected to Candy Crush, porn sites automatically - Technology - Tech News and Latest New ...
IT IS truly a 21st century problem, but one with potentially very serious implications. It may have even happened to you.

Smartphones redirected to Candy Crush, porn sites automatically
IT IS truly a 21st century problem, but one with potentially very serious implications. It may have even happened to you.

Bill Shorten's leadership ballot under scrutiny after Sam Dastyari's office redirected papers
The integrity of the vote that installed Bill Shorten as federal Labor leader has been brought into question by an official ALP tribunal which ...

Attack on Dailymotion redirected visitors to exploits
Attackers injected malicious code into Dailymotion.com, a popular video sharing website, and redirected visitors to Web-based exploits that installed ...

$200m redirected from wages to childcare training
THE Abbott government will redirect about $200 million that was meant to go to lifting childcare wages to helping long day care services with ...