DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -204, SQLSTATE: 42704

Hello,

This is my first time starting a topic here so I hope this is the right
place.  I am having problems running SQL queries on a Version 8 DB2
database for Windows Server using the type 4 driver. I get a connection
but when I run a query, I get this error:

DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -204, SQLSTATE: 42704

For example if my query was "SELECT * from TABLE" , I would get the
error:

"DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -204, SQLSTATE: 42704 DB2ADMIN.TABLE" [SELECT
* FROM IDSC.TABLE]

I looked at the error codes online and they do not provide me with any
information I did not already know.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

Tony

0
tmugavero

"tmugavero" <tmugavero@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> This is my first time starting a topic here so I hope this is the right
> place.  I am having problems running SQL queries on a Version 8 DB2
> database for Windows Server using the type 4 driver. I get a connection
> but when I run a query, I get this error:
>
> DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -204, SQLSTATE: 42704
>
> For example if my query was "SELECT * from TABLE" , I would get the
> error:
>
> "DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -204, SQLSTATE: 42704 DB2ADMIN.TABLE" [SELECT
> * FROM IDSC.TABLE]
>
> I looked at the error codes online and they do not provide me with any
> information I did not already know.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Kindest Regards,
>
> Tony

If the userid you are using is db2admin, and you don't supply a high level
qualifier on the table name, the DB2 assumes that DB2ADMIN is the qualifier
(schema) name. You can use the SET SCHEMA statement before hand, use an
alias, or use the a userid with the same name as your schema.

0
Mark
9/19/2005 11:16:01 PM
You can fix this kind of error manually by following the steps mentioned below:

-First of all verify that the SQL statement is correct by inspecting the name of object including the qualifiers.

-After verification of SQL statement if you found that it is correct, then verify the object exists in the database and then execute the SQL statement again.

If you are still unable to fix this issue then can make use of DB2 File Repair Tool. This tool is specifically designed to fix any kind if error related to DB2 file.
To know more about this issue, please log on to:

http://db2.filerepairtool.net/blog/fix-error-204-corrupted-db2-version-8-database