DB2JAVIT : RC = 9501

Hello everybody,

I'm using an IBM DB2 v8.1 and my Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment,
Standard Edition is 1.4.0_03 on SOLARIS!

Now my problem:
If I'm typing "db2cc" as user "db2inst1", I only get the error message

DB2JAVIT : RC = 9501
DB2INSTANCE : -2029059916  :(

I don't know what to do or where I could begin to search for the error?!
Can you help me?

Thanks a lot
Savas

--
 :: ww.cetin-design.de ::

savas

Make sure your DB2INSTANCE variable is set to db2inst1.  The best way to
   do this is to issue:
  . sqllib/db2profile

savas wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm using an IBM DB2 v8.1 and my Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment,
> Standard Edition is 1.4.0_03 on SOLARIS!
>
> Now my problem:
> If I'm typing "db2cc" as user "db2inst1", I only get the error message

> DB2JAVIT : RC = 9501
> DB2INSTANCE : -2029059916  :(
>
> I don't know what to do or where I could begin to search for the error?!
> Can you help me?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Savas
>
> --
>  :: ww.cetin-design.de ::

Richard
7/8/2003 12:27:50 PM
I've found the failure...

during the installation of db2 udb on Solaris, some libraries were not
installed(../sqllib), so it's no wonder why it couldn't start!!!! :)

Thanks for all!

--
 :: ww.cetin-design.de ::

savas

Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??
Hello, I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle database to IBM DB2 database? Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your Oracle version back-leveled? Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone used to convert to DB2. Thank you. Charles On 6 Feb, 01:52, "Charles Davis" <cdavis10...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 d...

Connect to IBM DB2 database without installing the DB2 client.
Hi, To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 client. Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single file (db2cli.dll). I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on Linux machine. Regards, Santosh SB wrote: > Hi, > > To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 > client. > Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single > file (db2cli.dll). > I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on > Linux machine. > It's imposiblle. The IBM DB2 ODBC Driver is not only db2cli.dll. Try to install DB2 Run Time Client Lite merge modules with your VB application under client workstation. Direct connecting to DB2 databases supported JDBC Type 4 Driver only. P.S. Sorry for my bad english :( With best regards, Dmitry. FYI: On Windows DB2 comes with db2iprune tool. With this utility you can reduce size of installation binaries, for example you can reduce your DB2 runtime client to include only the interfaces you need. The db2iprune tool is located in the \db2\windows\utilities\db2iprune directory on DB2 product installation image. So, if you are planning install DB2 client with/within your application you can combine the tool with the response file and perform quick batch installation. -- Artur Wronski ...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver when connecting to a DB2 database using driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource
Hi, I want to get connection to a DB2 database using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource. I have also included 'db2java.zip' in the classpath. However I am getting the exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at Conn.main(Conn.java:44) The code that I am using (with try/catch removed) is as follows: String url = "jdbc:db2:sample"; String driver = "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource"; String dbuser = "db2u...

oct 24 DB2 for LUW Tech Talk: What's Hot from IOD for PureData Systems, IBM Mobile Database and DB2 for LUW
Now we can tell you more! IBM announced PureData Systems on October 9th --= a series of expert integrated solutions for your transactional and analyti= c workloads.=20 In the next DB2 Tech Talk, we'll come to you from Las Vegas with hot news f= rom the conference from a DB2 for LUW, PureData Systems perspective! We'll= also cover a new free software download called IBM Mobile Database, which = helps you enable your DB2 data apps for Android mobile users. And then we = will bring you the best of the presentations from the conference, including= an IBM Champion and other interesting perspectives on DB2. =20 Register: bit.ly/tt2012oct ...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Pe...

[...]

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

[...]

Re: IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit,
vvcd said: > IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 > bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite > Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express > Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM > Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other > IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 > CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM > Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere > Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 > CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other What the heck, I'm sure IBM won't have a problem with a little copyright violation... >:o) > please send e-mail, ola2@mail.gr, astra35@mailbox.gr, Do they have internet access in Greek jails, I wonder... -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche "I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass" - JCH "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo" - Marco http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html sending to informix-list ...

DBI:ibm_db connection for IBM DB2 database
Hello, I am attempting to make a DBI connection from Ruby code running on Win32 (XP) machine to an IBM DB2 v9.5 database running under Linux On the Win32 machine, I have Ruby 1.8.6 (installed with the one-click installer) and have successfully launched the following gem installation commands for the IBM DB drivers and required libraries: >gem install activesupport -v 1.4.2 >gem install activerecord -v 1.15.3 >gem install ibm_db -v 0.8.5 I have also (as required by the IBM documentation at http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/2361/967/IBM_DB-0.6.0.pdf) added ‘ibm_db’ to the list of connection adapters on line77 of gems\1.8\gems\activerecord-1.15.3\lib\active_record.rb : RAILS_CONNECTION_ADAPTERS = %w( mysql postgresql sqlite firebird sqlserver db2 oracle sybase openbase frontbase ibm_db ) Here is the ruby code : ------------- require 'rubygems' gem 'ibm_db' require 'dbi' # Connect to a database dbh = DBI.connect('DBI:ibm_db:host=localhost;port=50000;database=MY_DB;', 'username', 'password') # Select some data sth = dbh.prepare('select * from my_table') sth.execute # Print out selected data while row=sth.fetch do p row end --------------- Error reported is as follows : C:\dev\ruby\dbtest>dbtest.rb c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/dbi.rb:329:in `load_driver': Unable to load drive r 'ibm_db' (DBI::InterfaceError) from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/dbi.rb:227:in `_get_full_drive...

Whether ACE threads work with IBM Db2 Database
Hi All, We are starting one Project with following Skills 1) Language :- C++ with Embedded SQL Programming ( Source file format :- .sqC ) 2) Database :- IBM UDB database 3) Platform:- Solaris Sparc 5.8 Machine. 4) ACE Threads. Please let us know, can we use ACE Threads with C++ and Db2 Embedded SQL under Solaris Sparc 5.8 Machine. Thanks & Regards, Divya ...

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries database access problem
When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able to acces the my database AMFLIB. I use to be able to access AMFLIB with the old ODBC driver from IBM iSeries Access but now I want to use the new managed IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries data provider from iSeries Access V5R3. When I remove Database=AMFLIB from the connection string, I can connect but as soon as I try to specify a known database (like my good old AMFLIB) I get the following error: IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2ConnectionFailedException "The connection cannot be opened because an error ocurred." I'm runn...

export IBM UDB (7.2) database into DB2 Mainframe
Hi I am trying to export a database and its data from UDB 7.2 or 8.1 to Mainframe DB2. Is this possible? The last time I did this, i ended up having to write insert statements for each row. Is there a utilitity to accomplish this? Thanks John John Turek wrote: > Hi > > I am trying to export a database and its data from UDB 7.2 or 8.1 to > Mainframe DB2. Is this possible? The last time I did this, i ended > up having to write insert statements for each row. Is there a > utilitity to accomplish this? > > Thanks > > John You po...

DB2 installation problem in the db2 database.
Hello all I want to install db2 universal Database Personal Edition in my Linux Fedora core 3. But the following error has occured. When i gave the following command for install -----> [root@brown pde813u1]# ./db2setup DBI1190I db2setup is preparing the DB2 Setup wizard which will guide you through the program setup process. Please wait. /opt/pde813u1/db2/linux/install/db2jinst: line 131: 6286 Segmentation fault $JAVA_PATH/$JAVA_INTERPRETER $JAVA_OPTIONS -cp $JAVA_CLASSPATH $DB2SetupRun "$@" 2>/tmp/db2setup.err.running In the ...

database migration from Windows DB2 to Linux DB2
We need to migrate a database (basically all the 300+ tables along with the data) from a Windows UDB instance to a Linux UDB instance. What is the best way of doing this ? Thanks "Murty" <adavi@comcast.net> wrote in message news:c4w7b.406960$Ho3.62540@sccrnsc03... > We need to migrate a database (basically all the 300+ tables along with the > data) from a Windows UDB instance > to a Linux UDB instance. What is the best way of doing this ? > > Thanks > Bad news is that you cannot use backup and restore of the database from Windows to Linux....

connection to db2 database through db2 client on windows slows down intermittently
we are facing a problem here.We have two different IDs from which we connect to db2 database through Db2 client on windows. When I try connecting to database through one ID it establishes connectivity in 2-3 sec and when i try accessing connecting to same database through second ID it takes 5-6 minutes sometimes,although sometimes it hapens in seconds. When my colleagues try to access database through the second ID i tried with they get connected ie have connectivity in seconds. coonections are open to database . what might be the problem!any clue? we restart the database and then connection gets established. On 2 Aug 2006 08:59:55 -0700, zagri_as@yahoo.com <zagri_as@yahoo.com> wrote: > we restart the database and then connection gets established. Since the question is about connecting to DB2, have you asked in a more appropriate forum such as comp.databases.ibm-db2? You might get a different - better - response there. -- Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h> Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com Guardian of DBD::Informix v2005.02 -- http://dbi.perl.org/ ...

Is there a way to drop DB2 database buffer pool without connecting to database?
Greetings, We are having a situation here whereby one of our staff created a very huge 32K buffer pool in a production database and caused the database to go down. When we try to reconnect to the database using "db2 connect to <dbname>", its giving the following error: SQL1224N A database agent could not be started to service a request, or was terminated as a result of a database system shutdown or a force command. SQLSTATE:55032 Now we are not able to connect to the database eventhough after we restart the server and instance. What we are thinking now is whether it is possible to drop the 32k buffer pool without connecting to the database. Or is there any other workaround that would help us to resolve this problem. Your feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you. One possible way to solve the current problem is .. Create an registry variable db2 set DB2_OVERRIDE_BPF=<no of pages> --Set it to a optimum level based on the memory limits u have! .. Restart the instance On Feb 15, 2:17 pm, xeqis...@gmail.com wrote: > Greetings, > We are having a situation here whereby one of our staff created a > very huge 32K buffer pool in a production database and caused the > database to go down. When we try to reconnect to the database using > "db2 connect to <dbname>", its giving the following error: > > SQL1224N A database agent could not be started to servi...

db2 client to connect to host databases and create/use local databases too
Is it possible to install DB2 client product(s) so that the same system can connect to host databases like DB2 Connect can, *and* can also create and use local databases like DB2 Personal can? I have "DB2 Personal Edition" installed now, which does everything I want except I get an SQL8002N about missing DB2 Connect product/license when I try to connect to an OS/400 database. I was thinking of trying "DB2 Connect Personal Edition", but I cannot find confirmation anywhere of whether that would let me also create and use local databases... On 17.04.13 12:31 , Cindy Ross wrote: > Is it possible to install DB2 client product(s) so that the same system > can connect to host databases like DB2 Connect can, *and* can also > create and use local databases like DB2 Personal can? > > I have "DB2 Personal Edition" installed now, which does everything I > want except I get an SQL8002N about missing DB2 Connect product/license > when I try to connect to an OS/400 database. I was thinking of trying > "DB2 Connect Personal Edition", but I cannot find confirmation anywhere > of whether that would let me also create and use local databases... Yes, "DB2 Connect Personal Edition" is the one you want. -- Helmut K. C. Tessarek DB2 Performance and Development IBM Toronto Lab >> Is it possible to install DB2 client product(s) so that the same system >> can connect to host dat...

Migrating a Windows DB2 8.1 to DB2 8.1 database system on AIX 5.3
Do someone know how to migrate/copy a Windows DB2 8.1 data base to DB2 8.1 database system on AIX 5.3. Found some migrate doc on the web but these handle mirgrations across db systems. Thx in adwance!!! Ric wrote: > Do someone know how to migrate/copy a Windows DB2 8.1 data base to DB2 > 8.1 database system on AIX 5.3. Found some migrate doc on the web but > these handle mirgrations across db systems. > > Thx in adwance!!! Use db2look to extract the DDL, and then make changes to run on Windows (TS container file names and paths will need a change). Then use db2move (export and then load) to move the data. You cannont use backup and restore to move from DB2 Windows to DB2 UNIX. " Use db2look to extract the DDL, and then make changes to run on Windows (TS container file names and paths will need a change)." You mean "to run on UNIX" I suppose. Thx for the info but I am a DB2 dummy and it would be great to have it steps by steps. Are this the steps you was talking about (the database I want to move has the name TEST)?: 1. On Windows: D:\> db2look -d TEST -e -o TEST_Schema.ddl -l 2. Now modifying TS container file names and paths in "TEST_Schema.ddl" and copy "TEST_Schema.ddl" to AIX. 3. On AIX using db2inst1 user: - (/home/db2inst1) $ create a TESTDB - (/home/db2inst1) $ connect to TEST - (/home/db2inst1) $ db2 -tvf /depot/TEST/Schema/TEST_Schema.ddl 4. On AIX...

Web resources about - DB2JAVIT : RC = 9501 - comp.databases.ibm-db2