db2jcc4 getBytes Method Throw Exception

Hi,

i recently update my db2 jdbc driver to version 4 (db2jcc4), my column type is VARCHAR and it fill with cp1256(Windows-1256) strings...
before than update db2jcc to version 4 , it work correctlly (resultset.getBytes("myColumnName"))...

after update db2jcc to version 4, resultset.getBytes("myColumnName") throw SQLSyntaxErrorException Invalid Data Conversion Wrong result Column Type For Requested Conversion, Error Code -4461, SQLSTATE 42815

please help me...
Thanks...
0
varmazyar

On 03/15/16 6:51, varmazyar.ali6@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i recently update my db2 jdbc driver to version 4 (db2jcc4), my column type is VARCHAR and it fill with cp1256(Windows-1256) strings...
> before than update db2jcc to version 4 , it work correctlly (resultset.getBytes("myColumnName"))...
>
> after update db2jcc to version 4, resultset.getBytes("myColumnName") throw SQLSyntaxErrorException Invalid Data Conversion Wrong result Column Type For Requested Conversion, Error Code -4461, SQLSTATE 42815
>
> please help me...
> Thanks...

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEPGG_10.5.0/com.ibm.db2.luw.apdv.java.doc/src/tpc/imjcc_rjvjcsqc.html?lang=en

Look up error code +4461 and follow the directions.

--
Larry E.

Larry

Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??
Hello, I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle database to IBM DB2 database? Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your Oracle version back-leveled? Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone used to convert to DB2. Thank you. Charles On 6 Feb, 01:52, "Charles Davis" <cdavis10...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 d...

Connect to IBM DB2 database without installing the DB2 client.
Hi, To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 client. Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single file (db2cli.dll). I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on Linux machine. Regards, Santosh SB wrote: > Hi, > > To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 > client. > Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single > file (db2cli.dll). > I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on > Linux machine. > It's imposiblle. The IBM DB2 ODBC Driver is not only db2cli.dll. Try to install DB2 Run Time Client Lite merge modules with your VB application under client workstation. Direct connecting to DB2 databases supported JDBC Type 4 Driver only. P.S. Sorry for my bad english :( With best regards, Dmitry. FYI: On Windows DB2 comes with db2iprune tool. With this utility you can reduce size of installation binaries, for example you can reduce your DB2 runtime client to include only the interfaces you need. The db2iprune tool is located in the \db2\windows\utilities\db2iprune directory on DB2 product installation image. So, if you are planning install DB2 client with/within your application you can combine the tool with the response file and perform quick batch installation. -- Artur Wronski ...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver when connecting to a DB2 database using driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource
Hi, I want to get connection to a DB2 database using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource. I have also included 'db2java.zip' in the classpath. However I am getting the exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at Conn.main(Conn.java:44) The code that I am using (with try/catch removed) is as follows: String url = "jdbc:db2:sample"; String driver = "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource"; String dbuser = "db2u...

oct 24 DB2 for LUW Tech Talk: What's Hot from IOD for PureData Systems, IBM Mobile Database and DB2 for LUW
Now we can tell you more! IBM announced PureData Systems on October 9th --= a series of expert integrated solutions for your transactional and analyti= c workloads.=20 In the next DB2 Tech Talk, we'll come to you from Las Vegas with hot news f= rom the conference from a DB2 for LUW, PureData Systems perspective! We'll= also cover a new free software download called IBM Mobile Database, which = helps you enable your DB2 data apps for Android mobile users. And then we = will bring you the best of the presentations from the conference, including= an IBM Champion and other interesting perspectives on DB2. =20 Register: bit.ly/tt2012oct ...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Pe...

[...]

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

[...]

In which case a function / method is guarantee not to throw an exception ?
I want to understand if sometime it is possible to be sure a function / method will never throw an exception; I think a function / method that only perform assignment / copy operation on primitive types like int, bool, double etc., then it is guarantee it will never throw an exception so it can be qualified with "throw()" (Note: just at this very beginning, I do not want to ask if it is a good practice such a qualifying, just suppose it is already present in some old library) But I wonder if a class containing basic type (or also other class containing basic types) ca...

Re: IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit,
vvcd said: > IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 > bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite > Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express > Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM > Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other > IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 > CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM > Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere > Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 > CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other What the heck, I'm sure IBM won't have a problem with a little copyright violation... >:o) > please send e-mail, ola2@mail.gr, astra35@mailbox.gr, Do they have internet access in Greek jails, I wonder... -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche "I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass" - JCH "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo" - Marco http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html sending to informix-list ...

DBI:ibm_db connection for IBM DB2 database
Hello, I am attempting to make a DBI connection from Ruby code running on Win32 (XP) machine to an IBM DB2 v9.5 database running under Linux On the Win32 machine, I have Ruby 1.8.6 (installed with the one-click installer) and have successfully launched the following gem installation commands for the IBM DB drivers and required libraries: >gem install activesupport -v 1.4.2 >gem install activerecord -v 1.15.3 >gem install ibm_db -v 0.8.5 I have also (as required by the IBM documentation at http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/2361/967/IBM_DB-0.6.0.pdf) added ‘ibm_db’ to the list of connection adapters on line77 of gems\1.8\gems\activerecord-1.15.3\lib\active_record.rb : RAILS_CONNECTION_ADAPTERS = %w( mysql postgresql sqlite firebird sqlserver db2 oracle sybase openbase frontbase ibm_db ) Here is the ruby code : ------------- require 'rubygems' gem 'ibm_db' require 'dbi' # Connect to a database dbh = DBI.connect('DBI:ibm_db:host=localhost;port=50000;database=MY_DB;', 'username', 'password') # Select some data sth = dbh.prepare('select * from my_table') sth.execute # Print out selected data while row=sth.fetch do p row end --------------- Error reported is as follows : C:\dev\ruby\dbtest>dbtest.rb c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/dbi.rb:329:in `load_driver': Unable to load drive r 'ibm_db' (DBI::InterfaceError) from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/dbi.rb:227:in `_get_full_drive...

Whether ACE threads work with IBM Db2 Database
Hi All, We are starting one Project with following Skills 1) Language :- C++ with Embedded SQL Programming ( Source file format :- .sqC ) 2) Database :- IBM UDB database 3) Platform:- Solaris Sparc 5.8 Machine. 4) ACE Threads. Please let us know, can we use ACE Threads with C++ and Db2 Embedded SQL under Solaris Sparc 5.8 Machine. Thanks & Regards, Divya ...

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries database access problem
When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able to acces the my database AMFLIB. I use to be able to access AMFLIB with the old ODBC driver from IBM iSeries Access but now I want to use the new managed IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries data provider from iSeries Access V5R3. When I remove Database=AMFLIB from the connection string, I can connect but as soon as I try to specify a known database (like my good old AMFLIB) I get the following error: IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2ConnectionFailedException "The connection cannot be opened because an error ocurred." I'm runn...

When Javascript call applet method, applet throw security exception.
My test applet was signed and work well on applet viewer. In browser, when javascript call applet method f(), the applet throw java.security.AccessControlException But if call f() through Java code, it works well. f() method must called by javascript for arguments that created webpage. Give a solution please. java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission xml.catalog.ignoreMissing read) at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source) at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPerm...

export IBM UDB (7.2) database into DB2 Mainframe
Hi I am trying to export a database and its data from UDB 7.2 or 8.1 to Mainframe DB2. Is this possible? The last time I did this, i ended up having to write insert statements for each row. Is there a utilitity to accomplish this? Thanks John John Turek wrote: > Hi > > I am trying to export a database and its data from UDB 7.2 or 8.1 to > Mainframe DB2. Is this possible? The last time I did this, i ended > up having to write insert statements for each row. Is there a > utilitity to accomplish this? > > Thanks > > John You po...

Overriden method doesn't throw Exception, super may.
class Super { public void myMethod() throws MyException { other(); } protected void other() throws MyException { // may throw MyException } } class Sub extends Super { protected void other() { // does not throw MyException } public static void main(String[] args) { // but still MyException must be caught new Sub().myMethod(); } } What is the best way to deal with this from a nice code point of view? -- Mike W what exactly is your question? deal with what? what is nice other than a unix command? "VisionSe...

Exception throwing that is not specified in the exception-specification.
I throw an exception in a funtion which has an exception list. And the thrown exception is not specified in the list, but the exception list has the type of std::bad_exception. In this cas, the Standard says that 15.5.2/2 ... If the exception specification does not include the class std::bad_exception (18.6.2.1) then the function terminate() is called, otherwise the thrown exception is replaced by an implementation defined object of the type std::bad_exception and the search for another handler will continue at the call of the function whose exception specification was violated. So, I expect that bellow program should print Bad Exception But, any of the my tested environments dose not. They are VC++6.0(+sp5,6), VC++.NET 2003, and g++ 2.96. --Program #include <iostream> #include <exception> class error_type1 {}; class error_type2 {}; void f () throw ( error_type2, std::bad_exception ) { throw error_type1(); } int main( ) { try { f(); } catch ( error_type1) { std::cout << "Error Type 1" << std::endl; } catch ( error_type2) { std::cout << "Error Type 2 " << std::endl; } catch ( std::bad_exception ) { std::cout << "Bad Exception" << std::endl; } } Am I wrong and miss somthing or they all miss the issue? -- S Kim <stkim@yuji...

DB2 installation problem in the db2 database.
Hello all I want to install db2 universal Database Personal Edition in my Linux Fedora core 3. But the following error has occured. When i gave the following command for install -----> [root@brown pde813u1]# ./db2setup DBI1190I db2setup is preparing the DB2 Setup wizard which will guide you through the program setup process. Please wait. /opt/pde813u1/db2/linux/install/db2jinst: line 131: 6286 Segmentation fault $JAVA_PATH/$JAVA_INTERPRETER $JAVA_OPTIONS -cp $JAVA_CLASSPATH $DB2SetupRun "$@" 2>/tmp/db2setup.err.running In the ...

You must implement the Add(System.Object) method on IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2DataReader because it inherits from IEnumerable.
You must implement the Add(System.Object) method on IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2DataReader because it inherits from IEnumerable. I created a simple web service to access data on the AS400 for a VB.NET project. When I try and add a WEB REFERENCE from my application, I get this error. "You must implement the Add(System.Object) method on IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2DataReader because it inherits from IEnumerable." Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any help. Tim I have looked at the Object browser for vs using .net 1.1.4something & IEnumerable doesnt require a method Add of a...

database migration from Windows DB2 to Linux DB2
We need to migrate a database (basically all the 300+ tables along with the data) from a Windows UDB instance to a Linux UDB instance. What is the best way of doing this ? Thanks "Murty" <adavi@comcast.net> wrote in message news:c4w7b.406960$Ho3.62540@sccrnsc03... > We need to migrate a database (basically all the 300+ tables along with the > data) from a Windows UDB instance > to a Linux UDB instance. What is the best way of doing this ? > > Thanks > Bad news is that you cannot use backup and restore of the database from Windows to Linux....

what() method of exceptions derived form std::exception
Hi, I have an exception class for winapi errors (returns a formated error mesage, usign ::GetLastError() et al, with what()). It looks like this: class WinapiException : public std::exception { public: WinapiException(const std::string & extraInfo); virtual const char* what() const throw(); private: std::string _extraInfo; }; WinapiException::WinapiException(const std::string & extraInfo) :_extraInfo(extraInfo) { // Nothing } The problem is the what() method. Mine looks like this: const char* WinapiException::what() const throw() { std...

Web resources about - db2jcc4 getBytes Method Throw Exception - comp.databases.ibm-db2

GPL linking exception - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A GPL linking exception modifies the GNU General Public License (GPL) to create a new, modified license. Such modified licenses enable software ...

Podcast #42 – It’s The Exception That Proves The Rule
... Language and Usage , which was frustrated by the high number of certain types of questions that were coming in. Is this podcast the exception ...

Alan Adler on WIPO negotiations on copyright exceptions - YouTube
Alan Adler is Vice President for Legal and Government Affairs for the Association of American Publishers. On July 18, 2012, Alan was interviewed ...

Queensland the exception as Labor to preference Greens before all in Senate
Labor's national executive has ordered the party to preference the Greens ahead of all others in every state except Queensland.

Bike thefts spike in exception to drop in crime
... level in nine years, with a 28 per cent jump in three months. Bicycle thefts have soared to their highest level in nine years, a rare exception ...

Many rugby films wind up in dead ball area but The Ground We Won is an exception
If rugby is the game they play in heaven, rugby movies generally come from a lesser place.

Remakes are all the rage, and sport's no exception
Over the past year or so, franchises such as Star Wars and Rocky have solidified what many pundits already believed, and that is that people ...

Is Richard Umbers, Bernie Brookes' replacement as Myer CEO, an exception?
Myer's CIO was recently elevated to the top job, but he's in a very small minority.

Men Need to Admit That Jian Ghomeshi Is No Exception
That men like Jian Ghomeshi are a terrible exception and if we as men simply stand up and say we are not as bad as that, or that we are not rapists ...

China, Thailand reach visa exception agreement
China, Thailand reach visa exception agreement People's Daily Online ... this at a forum on China's foreign diplomacy held in Beijing. Both ...