Error using Fast Path DB2 course from IBM

I downloaded the fast path to db2 course. I am unable to run it as it
comes back with the error
"There is no audio device available for Hotmedia audio player. This is a
result of another media player controlling the audio device. Depending
on your configuration, you have to stop all media players, close all
browser instances, and try again, or you may have to reboot your machine"

I have tried all the approaches that they have outlined and am still
getting the error. I went ahead and stopped all the java based apps on
machine too but with same result.

Has anyone come across this error ?

Thanks,
Vinod
0
Vinod

"Vinod Menon" <vinod.menon@sas.com> a �crit dans le message de
> I downloaded the fast path to db2 course. I am unable to run it as it
> comes back with the error
> "There is no audio device available for Hotmedia audio player. This is a
> result of another media player controlling the audio device. Depending
> on your configuration, you have to stop all media players, close all
> browser instances, and try again, or you may have to reboot your machine"
>
> I have tried all the approaches that they have outlined and am still
> getting the error. I went ahead and stopped all the java based apps on
> machine too but with same result.
>
> Has anyone come across this error ?
>
> Thanks,
> Vinod

Hi Vinod, if I remember correctly, there is a JDK on your machine that is
installed and conflicts ... You should have DB2 installed, and remove this
JDK - like Sun JDK if you have one.

HTH,

Jean-Marc

0
Jean
2/1/2005 10:19:19 PM
Jean-Marc Blaise wrote:
> "Vinod Menon" <vinod.menon@sas.com> a �crit dans le message de
>
>>I downloaded the fast path to db2 course. I am unable to run it as it
>>comes back with the error
>>"There is no audio device available for Hotmedia audio player. This is a
>>result of another media player controlling the audio device. Depending
>>on your configuration, you have to stop all media players, close all
>>browser instances, and try again, or you may have to reboot your machine"
>>
>>I have tried all the approaches that they have outlined and am still
>>getting the error. I went ahead and stopped all the java based apps on
>>machine too but with same result.
>>
>>Has anyone come across this error ?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Vinod
>

> Hi Vinod, if I remember correctly, there is a JDK on your machine that is
> installed and conflicts ... You should have DB2 installed, and remove this
> JDK - like Sun JDK if you have one.
>
> HTH,
>
> Jean-Marc

I am trying various experiment with jdk have not recived any sucess.. so
which jdk does ibm tutorial work with ?
0
Vinod